Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Static Charge Mechanics.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Static Charge Mechanics.
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2014 15:52:15   
Remorse

I think they should change static charge to work like assimilation as in it has fixed gain amounts that improves with STR instead of working on damage %s.

As a result blocks wont ruin the regain and malf won't overpower the regain.
It will make CH builds more relaible (without overpowering them) wothout being crippled by blocks and it will mean static charge is more useful for non STR builds.
Epic  Post #: 1
1/16/2014 16:02:33   
Mother1

Supported.

I would like to actually see more variety within this class since there is very little if any amount this class.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/16/2014 16:18:53   
Ranloth
Banned

Wouldn't it be better if you just give it % ignore to defenses, just for the Energy return? I've been playing on my L29 CH lately, and I like using Static Charge to delay rage by one more turn, in favour of IA. .-.

Unless it'd still work this way, which is unblockable damage + doesn't spend your rage - or at least doesn't spend your rage, maybe - then I'm fine. It's a petty thing, yes, but I'm liking it. <_>
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
1/16/2014 16:48:30   
Remorse

^
Problem is trans their isn't many way to make the energy return fixed and the damage blockable.

Because if you are suggesting they make the damage unblockable then will greatly overpower the Str builds since with cores and guns etc they would pretty much be able to loop unblockable attcks making them not need dex and greatly overpower them.
Epic  Post #: 4
1/16/2014 16:50:27   
Altador987

quote:

I would like to actually see more variety within this class since there is very little if any amount this class.

when it first came out it used to have so much variability to it, but apparently it was overpowered then... i'm assuming it was op as a varium player (i refused to buy varium for such outrageous advantages at that time) as a regular cy hunter was actually pretty hard to work out... but i feel the way static worked then would work fine now... it seemed aa though cy hunter were meant to be second to a mage as far as energy control and even now with the buff it's pretty laughable
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/16/2014 16:53:53   
Ranloth
Banned

Eh, damage is already unblockable under the current system though - it's an unblockable melee attack, which cannot be raged nor crit, at all. I don't see how it'd be different, with %-ignore to Energy, since that's how it's initially worked (but blockable damage).
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/16/2014 16:55:34   
Mother1

@ altador987

No kidding because when cyber hunter got the buff to static charge guess what? The staff in their attempt to make matches longer nerfed primary, sidearm, and aux damage by 2 (20 now) damage. Since Cyber hunter's static is dependent of primary damage the buff they got also received and indirect nerf due to this.
Epic  Post #: 7
1/16/2014 17:06:48   
GearzHeadz

Yeah, the way I see it they should either give it the ability to ignore a % of defenses with level, or give it a fixed energy return.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/16/2014 17:21:55   
Remorse

Wow I didn't know it was unblocable...
Pretty silly buff since it specefically buffs str builds alone really.
If they do the fixed energy change they should make the damage blockable but like assim the regain will remain the full amount.

Unblockable and free constant Str moves is asking for abuse if not now after a few op current classes are nerfed.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/16/2014 17:22:46 >
Epic  Post #: 9
1/16/2014 17:29:01   
Ranloth
Banned

But it cannot be critted nor used on rage, it's just unblockable hit with your Primary weapon - nothing else. As much as it looks "strong", it really isn't.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/16/2014 17:30:56   
GearzHeadz

Its not like it drains enemies' as well. Just regains. And unluck TM which can energy abuse, this would be its only energy regain source outside of cores.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/16/2014 17:32:59   
Remorse

I realize that but I still think it is begging for abuse since for one Str builds don't really crit anyway and the can always use unblockable cores for rage.
It means as a Str build they don't need dex which is a pretty big advantage maybe not now while other OP outshine it but later on probably.
Epic  Post #: 12
1/16/2014 17:40:28   
Ranloth
Banned

Don't really crit =/= don't crit. Even though it's low chance, players still get frustrated when players deflect/block with minimum chance (2-5%'ish). So how is it different here?

It's funny though. Even though it's "begging for abuse", it's not even being abused, because it's impossible to abuse it. It's essentially unblockable Strike, minus rage and crits. Just like your Aux/Gun, but that one can be raged + critted, but also deflected.

Even if "other OP outshine it", I don't see how that matters. Players claimed Str+Support CHs were powerful, due to Malf + synergy it has after passives were removed (no need to bother with some skills). Even though SC is unblockable, it was not abused at all - not to the point where it needs a nerf. It is balanced because it cannot crit nor be raged.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/16/2014 17:41:01   
GearzHeadz

It also doesn't give rage.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/16/2014 17:49:52   
Remorse

^Hmm I didn't realize it doesn't give rage either,
That makes it slightly more acceptable and not because of what trans said all I read then is what I already know and disagree with.

Even still it should be made more flexable for non Str builds by making it like assim.

And that means it should give rage and be blockable (but still give the full energy amount) the bonus over assim is it will be 100% damage which makes up for the fact assim drains and has a small regain.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/16/2014 17:53:04 >
Epic  Post #: 15
1/16/2014 17:53:32   
GearzHeadz

It is also this class's only way to regain energy. Assimilation is in a class with battery back-up as is, so it does deserve an advantage over assimilation.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/16/2014 17:56:14   
Remorse

Being 100% damage is a pretty good advantage plus it will give a decent amount of energy around 20'-35 depending on Str.
Epic  Post #: 17
1/16/2014 17:59:34   
GearzHeadz

Which is a decent amount, which is what the class needs in order to compete.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/16/2014 18:15:16   
Altador987

@ mother

honestly i think feel the cooldown screws it up you can regain at the same rate that they can steal... what's the point, plus even with str abuse you're really not getting a huge chunk of mp back
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/16/2014 19:14:59   
Mother1

@ remorse

Static does give rage. That was bug when the buff came out but they fixed that last I remember. However I personally think what they did was a bad thing since even though it is an energy gainer they made the strike unblockable meaning it is a free unblockable hit that can be used whenever it is off cooldown.
Epic  Post #: 20
1/16/2014 19:31:25   
Remorse

^Exactly I have the same concerns with the skill which is why I even more want it to be changed like assim.

If it still gives rage then I think it will likely be abused once they nerf techies and BHs.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/16/2014 19:32:03 >
Epic  Post #: 21
1/17/2014 5:18:16   
coolboyelazizy

Supported

cuz at the way it's now only STR abusers will take the advantage but if it is with fixed numbers STR and nonSTR will use it at a fair way.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/17/2014 9:53:31   
FrostWolv

@ Remorse

Instead of giving it assimilation way (fixed amount of enrgy which increases with str) ..... I want Cybers to get the Static Charge when it was released for the first time

Oldest Static Charge Mechanics:

Gives % energy based on primary weapon's damage
Improves with: None
Weapon Required: Any
Cool down: Two turns
Damage Block-able but energy gain Unblock-able

It will give lower advantage to str builds + make the game more diverse .................... (it was nerfed because PA was introduced .... now PA is nothing like what it was)

Epic  Post #: 23
1/17/2014 11:31:05   
Mother1

@ frostwolv

Actually static's oldest form was it gave back 60% energy at max but it didn't ignore energy defenses. It was later on made like that (to ignore enemy defenses) because they were getting owned by almost everyone but especially tactical mercenaries.
Epic  Post #: 24
1/17/2014 11:35:32   
FrostWolv

^ maybe I should have said Old Cyber Mechanics .... anyways its more consistent or rather I should say constant than assimilation and solves many issue's that Cyber Hunter is having
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Static Charge Mechanics.
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition