Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Ascendant Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Ascendant Armor Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2017 13:24:36   
VJ

my other hero she uses this class a lot, but then again the Mage always has an edge, they can spam the attack all button and with this class it's even more brutal.
Post #: 51
1/25/2017 17:04:26   
PocketProtector

I'm always surprised of how powerful Ascendant is as a tank, considering I've gone through many normal-mode "gimmicky" boss fights in one shot only to find out on the forums how tough it was supposed to be. I honestly initially used it since the animations are gorgeous and space is an A+ aesthetic, but I also now realize that swinging a scythe around with it makes me feel like a combination RWBY fighter
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
1/27/2017 2:19:33   
myrie

saellah's cloak goes quite well with the current color scheme of the ascendant. I would dearly love to be able to color customize this armor
DF  Post #: 53
2/1/2017 2:57:24   
requiem.exe

I just did a quest where the character sat down, and realized something. As such, I need to amend my previous statement about my one issue with the class' design.

Those aren't hooves. That's just a curtain of fabric hanging over the feet. It looks for all the world like hooves while standing, but while seated, its clearly just fabric. Now that I know this, it looks even better in my eyes.
AQ DF  Post #: 54
2/10/2017 12:42:54   
garrigaisaac

Hi how do you like the stye of the archivist class look on the girl or guy I'm trying to see what one should i give it to help

< Message edited by garrigaisaac -- 2/10/2017 12:43:28 >
DF  Post #: 55
2/10/2017 12:50:34   
RusticMetal

@requiem.exe Do you have a screenshot?
Post #: 56
2/10/2017 13:01:32   
garrigaisaac

only on the Archivist armor page at the bottom
DF  Post #: 57
2/10/2017 13:04:24   
garrigaisaac

and also i have a lv54 man and a lv 12 girl and my guy alrad has the a Avatar of Time one
DF  Post #: 58
2/10/2017 13:17:57   
requiem.exe

@RusticMetal

This is the Ascendant sitting. If you look at the fabric on the thighs and then the feet, its billowing out in the same way. What looks like a cloven hoof while standing is clearly just the shadow. The "hoof" is also too wide here to be a hoof, and you can see the fabric fraying at the back of it.

@garrigaisaac

I only have that class on a female, so I can't speak for the men as far as attack animations are concerned, but based on the previews for the class, I prefer the female model for it. Here's mine. And here's mine running with the default weapon showing: its the Staff of Meanwhile from AoT.
AQ DF  Post #: 59
2/10/2017 13:33:52   
garrigaisaac

do you think its weak on a lv 12 girl rogue
DF  Post #: 60
2/10/2017 13:39:57   
requiem.exe

No idea how it plays at lower levels, I was at level cap when I bought the armor :/ Sorry.

You can hold onto the code until you feel high enough level to make use of it. One of the best armors for me on the chars I level up is Pyro, so if you have the DC lying around, that can safely handle pretty much everything until you cap.

All that said, this isn't really the thread for this, the All Armors thread would be a better fit, since this one is for the Ascendant armor specifically.
AQ DF  Post #: 61
2/10/2017 13:44:20   
RusticMetal

That messes with my head... it doesn't look big enough to be covering a human foot, but it doesn't make sense for a hoof either... but then why does it look cloven when standing? Are we always on our tiptoes? Am I overestimating the hero's foot size?
Post #: 62
2/10/2017 13:47:30   
requiem.exe

I'm guessing we levitate like we do for Cryptic, Necromancer, and some of the Time armors.
AQ DF  Post #: 63
2/10/2017 13:50:48   
garrigaisaac

i know that but no one was helping and i also have lv54 guy i can give it to but he already has the Avatar of Time one and more
DF  Post #: 64
2/10/2017 13:59:50   
requiem.exe

You waited all of 23 minutes on a forum for game with a very low player count. Its not that no one was helping you, its that you were being impatient.

There's also nothing wrong with having your time armors on the same character, all of my time/special armors go to the same character.

If you have any other questions, please take them to the relevant thread, I'd like to not get banned for being off topic. This thread is for the Ascendant Armor.
AQ DF  Post #: 65
2/28/2017 1:40:31   
Keridan

Ascendant. A class I at first felt was underwhelming when compared to Riftwalker when I first came back to DF. Initially I couldn't understand how to get Ascendant to work properly, get that power I know it was capable of.

But now, after a quick thought and test on my newest character, I can say, wow. It feels amazing to have figured this class' optimal combo, how to best take advantage of the power it's capable of holding.

Sure, compared to Riftwalker, it's much longer to set up. Six turns compared to four for a Riftwalker to best take advantage of their power. But it holds much more of a punch, and it keeps that punch that Riftwalker loses until it can use its final.

Absolutely stunning class, with elegance in everything it does. My only wish is the same wishes Riftwalker held; color-customization and eyes that kept the desired colors. But even without those, Ascendant is a class I easily see myself playing a lot of now, especially on Hard Mode.
AQ DF  Post #: 66
3/1/2017 8:46:12   
Meloette Wells

While low level characters can unlock these classes, you won't have a big enough mana pool to use it for long. Meaning, the skills cost too much for you to even try using it for more than a single short battle or more.

Try being lvl30 or just focus on dumping stat points into wisdom to get more mana points, your damage stat( STR for warriors, Dex for rogues, and int for wizards), and points into end to boost your health.

Edit: I would suggest doing both of these though
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
3/1/2017 11:49:24   
HwarangxDxArcher

@Above : that only happen if you don't invest on Wisdom, which is the best status to invest on for low level.

And Ascendant has an MP regen skill as well, so it won't have a problem in that regards.

My two cents about Ascendant :
Although Rogue is my favorite base class, I much prefer Ascendant compared to Cryptic.

DF Epic  Post #: 68
12/8/2017 22:58:54   
TheWisestMage

Calling all Ascendants...

What accessories do you use with this class? By that I mean capes and helms. Trying to figure out a good setup for my default character. M'thanks.
DF AQW  Post #: 69
12/9/2017 2:08:45   
Sakurai the Cursed

Appearance-wise or stat-wise?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
12/9/2017 20:22:28   
TheWisestMage

Appearance wise.

I'm looking for good wings or capes. I wish there were a hood in the game that still allowed you to display your current haircut but alas, couldn't find one. The Soulweaver Hood from Pellow Village Murk looks excellent but I'm not digging the blue hair that comes along with it. Any ideas?
DF AQW  Post #: 71
12/12/2017 17:10:54   
Holyemperor

@ TheWisestMage

All I could find from stuff that was in my inventory.

Capes:

Rose Magus Cloak (I-V)

Manhunter Cloak (I-VII)

Helms:

Brave Aye Guardian Pirate Hat (Seasonal / TLaPD)

Brave Guardian Pirate Hat (Seasonal / TLapD)

Commemorative Birthday Helm (I-VII) (Seasonal / DF Character Birthday Month)

Post #: 72
12/13/2017 0:25:08   
TheWisestMage

Thanks @Holyemperor. I've decided to forget the helm and just stuck with the Rose Magus Cloak. Hopefully, like the other classes, the Atelean armors get some items too.
DF AQW  Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Ascendant Armor Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition