Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/19/2014 18:51:24   
Skurge
The Dealer

Discuss the features (cards, mechanics etc.) that you'd like to see implemented in the game here!

All Character Suggestions go in the =OS= Dragons, Undead & Paladins... oh my! Character Suggestion Thread.

quote:

Constructive Criticism

• What is it?
    Constructive criticism is being able to process and offer your own thoughts and opinions in order to give courteous and friendly feedback. This is done by explaining what you like and dislike, while at the same time providing feedback that is useful. This is what separates constructive feedback from ranting/complaining and flaming.

• Does it help? How?
    Yes! Constructive criticism helps because not only are you giving feedback about what you don't like about a quest/event, but you're also giving feedback about what you DID like in the quest. Feedback could include on such topics as statistics, more dialogue, more explanatory cutscenes, more fights - everything that quests or events would normally include. This gives the game staff a better idea on future improvements.
  • Example of Constructive Criticism:
    "I didn't partularly like this war because it felt too empty. To have made it better, I think the staff could have had a 50% cutscene to unlock rather than just a shop to progress the storyline. As it was, I personally was a little dissapointed that this war felt more rushed than previous wars, however I do understand that the staff had a lot on their plate when making this release.
    That said, I greatly enjoyed the boss fight, the animations and art fit perfectly with the song that was playing in the background. So while not one of the best wars DF have done, I still enjoyed it. Thank you, DF staff!"

• Example of Unconstructive Criticism:
    "I didn't like this war at all. What were the staff thinking? The items in the shop were ugly, overpriced and were bugged!! No cutscene? That was never done before and it is not how it should be done ever. Seriously, doesn't the staff ever listen to us?! The boss fight was too hard and took forever to beat :( And there was no sound. I dont think the staff even care anymore. Best war ever /sarcasm I hate this game D:<!"
  • - OverSoul General Discussion Rules

I'd like to remind everyone about constructive criticism and how it works. Remember to read the rules and be courteous to other forumites when posting. ~Skurge, ArchKnight OS GD

quote:

Do not post suggestions asking for more Founder benefits to be released, the existing benefits are what Founders get and this is how it will remain. Any future suggestions to this effect will be deleted on-sight. ~James
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    1/19/2014 18:53:54   
    DidYouKnowThat

Hey Skurge, what will happen to the other thread? Will it get sent to Devs to read or something? Or is it just gone now. . .. like dead. . . and never to be looked at again . .?

Hey megaKyle, or MDK, wherever ya'll are.

I've been thinking about what you said about how Artifacts work and all.

How about this, ''Fear'' Artifact or something. I know, stupid name, but moving on.

You (Megakyle) said that if it increases encounter rate for everything, it's still the same and crap. Ok, we understand what you mean.

Soooo, how about an artifact that lowers the encounter rate for whatever you kill. So lets say, Blood Ranger.
    Each time you kill it, the encounter chance for it goes DOWN, enabling you to have a better chance to encounter other characters. . .*cough* *cough* DFR *cough*

And to re-set the artifact, you would go to your Artifact inventory, click on it, and it would have the option ''re-set.''

And of course, every artifact needs a downside. So, what if you fail to possess that character you want? Encounter goes down. HA! And it would reduce refresh-farming, no? :)
    Or if that's not a good(bad) enough downside, maybe with each monster killed, the next one is a bit tougher?
    OR, the Artifact automatically resets after 100 consecutive battles? And to keep track of this:

Green = 100 battles left.

blue = 75 battles left

yellow = 50 battles left

orange = 25 battles left

red = 10 battles left

And then it turns Purple, which means 0-battles left. And then that's as far as it can go on decreasing the encounter rate for the monsters you killed.

OR, another idea for a downside is that after it reaches 0 battles, it has to RE-CHARGE. Now, you can either spend Soulgems to speed-up the Re-charge, or wait a certain
    period of time before it can be used again.

And of course, to use the Artifact, you have to go in your inventory, click on it, and press START. You can stop it any time, and click resume to have it start again.
    So yeah, non-passive.

I'm not sure how you could get it though. It would be a very splendid artifact, so maybe you'll have to reach a life-time 1,000 Soulgems to get it or something? I don't know. . .
    Either that or it'll cost like, what, 75 Soulgems?. . . .or 500,000 gold. . . . Nah that'd be insane gold. . .I don't know how he'll price something like that. Lawl

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/19/2014 19:27:10 >
    Post #: 2
    1/20/2014 5:59:09   
    odsey

Reposted from the previous thread:

Here's my idea for DidYouKnowThat battle phases idea:

Maybe, just maybe when a monster change to a certain phases, we would need to change character to adapt to a combat situation. For example, when a dragon switch to a flying phases, we would need to change character that could attack flying enemies? Or maybe when a enemy switch phases, the environment would also be affected? Also I think that when a enemy change phases, his/her elemental resistance would change? This would make the battle involve more strategy when facing the enemy.

Also, I have an idea for hunting characters. Most hunt would be search character until found with different possession rate. Instead, why not once in a while have a character that involve puzzle to find? The puzzle would range from easy to hard. Maybe have multiple location for clues, leading to the final clue and having us facing the final enemy and possess him/her. This would make hunting characters more interesting, instead of finding the char itself. However this doesn't always have to apply to all character, only to a certain character. Also, there could be mini boss guarding the clue to the character. There could be multiple clues that leads to a final area where we will face the enemy and have a chance to possess him/her.

Any opinion?

< Message edited by odsey -- 1/20/2014 7:51:57 >
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    1/20/2014 7:22:28   
    Megadragonknight

Would be worth to try it out. I think its a very interesting idea and it may be fun. We can be able to solve the puzzle together at the forum and help each other out. :D
    Post #: 4
    1/20/2014 8:25:19   
    odsey

@Megadragonknight Indeed, it would be a fun way to hunt characters. This could also make more people join the forum.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    1/20/2014 14:52:55   
    clintonian

More characters for other elements i know you love shadow nulgath and i do too but seriously there's way too much in game
    Post #: 6
    1/20/2014 15:15:58   
    DidYouKnowThat

We can re-post from the other thread? . . .cause I have lots to re-post. . .Llololol.

Anyways: (Sort of ripped off from Final Fantasy/Pokémon)

A Bulletin Board in the Inn, and on it would have a ''bounty'' list.

It would generate random ones for you, and there would be a HUGE variety. It will generate about 5~10 at a time, and would refresh the list every 12 hours or so.

Example -> ''There are rumors that the Paladins have been working with a shady figure. . . goes by the name Gentleman. I want you to go clear out 25 Paladins and report to me. I'll reward you handsomely.''

And after you slay 25 Paladins, you return to the Bulletin board, turn it in to an NPC there, and boom, you get a reward. Rewards could be Gold I guess. Or maybe even a slight chance for an artifact, any other items, any HINTS/TIPS/CLUES to any
    hard to get monsters, special hidden dungeons, etc.

Example -> ''Legend has it that inside this so called Nightmare Dungeon, there's this thing riding on a Dragon. . .a DRAGON! Slay him, and bring me back his body. (Kill and possess successfully).
    When you turn the DFR in, you have to give him up. So in order to use him, you'll have to get ANOTHER one for yourself.

Yeah, I think ''bounties'' like these would be excellent, since DFR is so hard to find and kill.

Example -> ''Buckle up lad, we're going hunting today. They say that only this time of the year, a certain creature appears in the woods. He calls himself a ''Pumpkin Lord.'' Hah! Silly, right!? Well not quite.
    I've been on his heels since day 1, and he's just too elusive. Why, I don't believe he's real! I mean, a person made out of pumpkins!? Hah! Blasphemy! I'll need you to track him down for me. I'm no ordinary Hunter, I'll pay you quite nicely.

Now, I think quests for Seasonals would be nice as well, and they'd come and go along with the seasonal characters of course. Since here, Pumpkin Lord costs Soulgems, I'd say you only have to encounter
    him in battle to complete the quest, no need to turn his body in since some people are F2P.

BUT, I guess you can make quests available for completion through the use of SG's like how you did with Rolith. So as an alternative, maybe you do have to turn in his dead body. Of course, rewards
    would be something else more than gold to compensate, maybe like an Artifact or PET.

Example -> ''~pssst~ Hey you. . .yes yes I'm talking to yo- Don't make eye contact! K, ya'see, there's a rumor that a new creature has revealed itself to Oversoul. . . .a-a-and I need someone to capture it for me.
    Think you're up to the task? I'm an avid hunter and all, so I won't have you d-disappointed. Deal?''

Bounties on characters that will go Perma-rare in the future are also a must!

So yeah, a bulletin board inside the Inn with randomly generated bounties. AND they could also request characters in special dungeons you have to find on the map, an example is the Undead Dungeon.
    It could ask to bring you an Undead Knight, whereas you will not only have to find HIM, but the dungeon he resides in. So basically you have to explore both map and dungeon, takes some hard work, right?
    Ok maybe you can just wiki it. . . .but that's why Rewards won't be too much.

Rewards -> Gold, Pets, Artifacts, Cards, Characters.

Of course majority will be for Gold, some pets, maybe a little bit of artifacts, rarely cards, and on extremely rare occasions maybe a character? Eh...

So you get the point,

Post #: 7
    1/20/2014 15:40:08   
    megakyle777

Character bios in game. Simple as that.

...You want more? okay.

Basically, when stats get added into the game you will need a way to see foes stats. Add a bio section to each char in that like in AQ classic.

DF  Post #: 8
    1/21/2014 2:01:21   
    DidYouKnowThat

And since Artifacts are on my mind right now, another way they could work ->

Attack Artifact -> Each turn you charge, your attack boosts by +???

or each turn your attack boosts by +???

But in return, your defense decreases by ??? each turn/charge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Defense Artifact -> Each turn you charge, your defense boosts by +???.

or each turn your defense boosts by +???

But in return, your speed decreases by ??? each turn/charge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And yeah . . ..Making long battles interesting or can change the tide on short ones I guess. . . .Eh. . .
    Post #: 9
    1/22/2014 19:04:07   
    Gorillo Titan

A card called Mist for the water element that either causes a 50% chance enemy misses next turn or takes away half the damage of attacks for two turns.
    Post #: 10
    1/22/2014 21:42:03   
    Kiazz

A slightly better deck for the iconic characters of Oversoul. Namely, Shadow of Nulgath and the Overfiend Blade.

For Shadow of Nulgath, I'd suggest:
    -turning the two Void Reflections into Surge, due to the color and elemental-ness of Nulgath's spellworking
    -turning the two Void Reflections into another shield and another poison, making it the first 15 card deck shadow character with 5 native DoTs (as a pure shadow character)
    -completely removing them, making it a 13 card deck, which has been done before in the free-ish gold-costing character of taurus, in addition to it being the number of "evil"

For Overfiend Blade (There was a reason no one used it in the fire tournament; it was even chosen over Ogre Mage, I mean come on, a character with 20+ cards that aren't synergistic at all, but it only has 2 infernos, in comparison):
    -turning the two of the infernos, while keeping one, into a fire whirl and another a shield
    -turning all three of the infernos into something else, like an inferno into a shield, one into a meteorite, and another into a fire whirl
    Post #: 11
    1/22/2014 21:53:08   
    Megadragonknight

I would love to see that Water will gain a DoT card since its the only element that have yet to own its own DoT card. Addition to it, Water is still UP so it need at least a DoT card to increase its offense. Maybe this new Water card will be called "Drown", it deal 300 damage per 4 turn with a cost of 6 turn.
    Post #: 12
    1/23/2014 8:12:10   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Kiazz: I really don't know. It's already very likely that the character will have stronger permutations of itself. Why change something which was designed to be replaced/re-made?

Megadragonknight: It's not necessary for every element to have a DoT. Water and Light should be left alone as it is, imo. It already has some pretty strong heals.

The ArchFiend Needs Your Support.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
    1/23/2014 8:23:17   
    DidYouKnowThat

I don't think I'd like Water to have a DoT. . . . it's already so annoying. I went up against Kiazz's CC'd Water Horse. . . .

Water is worse than Ice in terms of annoying.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@-Whoever-Suggested-The-mist-Card:

How about this:

Mist -> For the next 4 turns, all heals are boosted by 200.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/23/2014 8:24:17 >
    Post #: 14
    1/23/2014 8:37:19   
    Kiazz

Skurge: If that's what you think. Permutations will probably be fire, or so I've been heard, and a decent shadow character for buying the 10k pack wouldn't hurt.

DYKT: Ha, only if you can't DoT your way past the healing. Things like corruption, electric arc, etc. would definitely give even a 7-springed character a hard time. Attacking is really hard when all your charges are being consumed by healing. I wouldn't be opposed to it, because right now, YoTH and Aque are probably as good as it's going to get with water. Very much unlike the beasts of the other elements.

Mega: So, basically a poison for water? I think that's a bit too overpowered. Just kinda. Healing (stall)+fresh start+poison. Hm, how about 7 or 8 for 300 per 4 turns? It'd be a slower version of fire whirl, and still costs a bit more than poison. Though, I don't think adding a DoT like that would really contribute to the balance. Like DYKT said, the healing is insane with water.
    Post #: 15
    1/23/2014 8:42:44   
    DidYouKnowThat

Are there any Water elements with Ironhide yet? or any sort of Neutralize so maybe you can set a Corruption, Counter, ???
    Post #: 16
    1/23/2014 8:45:55   
    Riniti

Yes, Revonthurkey has Ironhide and Neutralize.
    Post #: 17
    1/23/2014 8:47:03   
    Megadragonknight

Actually, I had considered something what you guys had stated after I posted my suggestion on Water DoT card. I forgotten Healing Spring and Renew are already way too annoying, it is even worst than Light. So I wouldn't agree with my own suggestion. Its weird I suggested something and then only to disagree with myself in the end. xD

@Surge
    Erm, Retribution is actually consider a DoT card since it need to take 1 turn to attack unlike Death Flow, Power Flow and Lightning Chain despite those 4 cards I mentioned deal 1500 damage.
    Post #: 18
    1/23/2014 8:52:42   
    DidYouKnowThat

@Riniti: Thanks, thanks. :P But yeah, maybe in the future there will be some more Neutral/Water characters, Water being the Primary element of course. Hehe, Giant Clam/Lobster! Lol.

Doesn't have to be Ironhide. . . .could be Counter, Corruption, or something. I'd especially like to see Corruption, since Water is so focused on Healing and all. Maybe a big deck, with a x2 Neutralize, and x1 Corruption and x1 Counter or something. . . Eh

@MDK: I sort of hate how Retri. is sort of like a silent killer though. The ''icon'' thing doesn't pop up until it actually happens. . always catches me off-guard. . . Oh well. :P

I haven't went up against many Retributions lately, is it like other charge cards where the animation is a charge? . . . .

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/23/2014 8:53:51 >
    Post #: 19
    1/23/2014 8:53:58   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

Megadragonknight: It's more of a delayed nuke. DoT's generally do a lot of damage over a long period of time with low energy costs.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    1/23/2014 8:55:51   
    Megadragonknight

@DYKT
    Yes, I faced AI Templar many times when hunting for Male and Female DFR before. I couldn't tell when he would use Retribution. The only way I can tell is when any Light character with Retribution used any other card along with Retribution so we can tell they are using Retribution. If use Retribution alone, we won't be able to tell since we think/thought they are charging up their energy.

Edit:
    @above
    True, but lets not forget Retribution bypass Void Reflection and Counter Attack just like any other DoT cards. ;)

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 1/23/2014 8:57:07 >
    Post #: 21
    1/23/2014 8:56:33   
    The Jop

@Skurge
    Well, then call it Damage After Time if you prefer, like Mark of Death or Mountain Strike. It is classified the same way as DoTs are, in that it bypasses counterattacks.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    1/23/2014 8:59:10   
    Megadragonknight

@Jop
    Damage After Time? Lol, that's a really nice name suggestion. xD So we can now call Retribution as Damage After Time card. Oh and we can call Greater Heal as Healing After Time card since it heal after 1 turn. :D
    Post #: 23
    1/23/2014 9:01:33   
    DidYouKnowThat

Damage After Time. ....

DAT

DAT RETRIBUTION. lolol.

Anyways! Retribution bypasses Void Reflect/Counters? Seriously? o.o Never knew that. .. maybe that's why it takes a 1 turn delay... that delay is worth it since it doesn't care about Counters...
    Post #: 24
    1/23/2014 9:21:10   
    Megadragonknight

@DYKT
    Yup, its better than Death Flow, Power Flow and Lightning Chain since they can't bypass Counters. The delay of 1 turn is worth it. However, Retribution do have its own cons too since the opponent will use Iron Hide or shield. But, if used Retribution alone, the opponent won't know if we are either charging or really using it. xD
    Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
    Page 1 of 3012345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition