Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2014 18:40:06   
Jmagician

quote:

Poison Drake, is a young dragon

This is what you said as well.

A dragon is a dragon, and you 100% clearly gave the impression that it was all in the name. Actually, you may have well said it. I don't know how else to interpret that quote. Whatever though, I'm not hear to start arguments. You're the tester

@Mondez: Agreed! I would love to see more dragons in game.
AQW  Post #: 126
1/30/2014 18:40:43   
TheSage

How many non-void characters have Void Reflect?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 127
1/30/2014 18:42:19   
The Jop

What qualifies as Void? Blood Ranger, Black Dragon, Darkon, DarkonDrago, Ancient Shogun, Necrosis Dezgardo, Abomination, and Revontheus are some examples of non-void characters that have it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
1/30/2014 18:42:26   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

quote:

Not exactly, but giving people who pay real money better things seems more likely than a particular card only being given to Black Dragon because the card is exclusive to a type of character defined by the developers. Especially since there's only one character even with it, it seems like it's not just because of its type but because of its cost. If there were going to be special cards for types of characters, I would expect more than one character to have it. I expect things like void-only cards, beast-only cards, and so on.

And in the future, most likely they will. It's somewhat silly to say "Dis will be a P2P card(s) becuz it cost 50 dollars on this one"
Do you see another dragon yet?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 129
1/30/2014 18:43:45   
The Jop

Alright! I guess it's best to be optimistic. I just saw it the negative way it could be going.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 130
1/30/2014 18:46:11   
TheSage

quote:

A dragon is a dragon, and you 100% clearly gave the impression that it was all in the name.

You cant expect a dragon egg, or dragon baby, to be able to use bash and thrash can you? they are to small and weak to deal more damage then normal.

quote:

Blood Ranger, Black Dragon, Darkon, DarkonDrago, Ancient Shogun, Necrosis Dezgardo, Abomination, and Revontheus are some examples of non-void characters that have it.

Blood Ranger evolves from a void, Darkon uses the void to attack, Abomination was made from the void, Rev is... what ever he wants to be.

< Message edited by TheSage -- 1/30/2014 18:48:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
1/30/2014 18:52:21   
The Jop

Well, some of those you consider non-void, so it can't be an exclusive card.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 132
1/30/2014 22:28:06   
DidYouKnowThat

@Mondez: Or maybe not extinct. . . .just very hard to find, and all. Perhaps ''sleeping'' and when an update comes, maybe there'd be a storyline where they're awakened and crap. Again, cliché, but still sort of nice, right? Lololol.

ANYWAYS, when Dragons come into play, I sort of would like them to not just be found in the map. . .like, plain smack on the map . . .

Maybe there could be a hidden dungeon on the map where you have to find, kind of like the Undead Dungeon, except this one would have Dragons inside, or a Dragon as a boss, with Drakes as regular
encounters and other monsters.

And you can even place one in the Northern map for Ice Dragon, because that map is RARELY visited. :)

Or there could be a hidden spot on the map, like Water Grotto, and when you enter it, you can click on go inside and click ''explore'' to encounter it, or is it even possible to make an NPC?

After you find it, it could be like, a ''Colossal Ice Seal'' NPC. Once you talk to it, it would say ''Would you like to unlock the seal?'' And if you say Yes, you'll unleash the Dragon thing and you'll fight it.
And if you kill it without capturing it, then maybe it can re-set after a day, I don't know. Lololol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Furthermore, maybe PD has that quote because he's ''allied'' with the dragons? He could be a dragon underling. Remember, Dragons are basically the stronger/smarter versions of Drakes, so logically Drakes
would follow them and not want to make them as enemies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALSO!

I really want more ways to get XP/GOLD instead of either farming until your brain gets fried, or spend Soulgems. And those Boosts ain't cheap.

So Quests!!! I don't really care if it's not a grand quest, just a REAL quest. One that actually gives a reward. I was always disappointed when that ''Cellar Rat'' quest came out, because at the end
the dang Inn-keeper doesn't even reward you. Well, a shop sure, but really. . . . ? I was looking for Gold/XP.

Also, how would Quests distribute XP? I have an idea.

a) Give it to the character(s) that contributed to helping the quest.

b) You can buy a ''XP Orb'' to hold all the XP you get from quests. Then you can distribute them to any character however much you'd like.

And you don't even have to buy the XP Orb. It can be given to you in the Grand Storyline. Or it could just be an automatic addition to the game, could be on your Character Inventory.

Could just be on the corner of it. And when you click a character, you could click ''Add XP'' and you could choose what percent of the XP Orb you'd want to add. I don't know .. just some more ways to get XP and Gold.
Post #: 133
1/30/2014 22:33:01   
Gorillo Titan

Saving Sonja is a pretty cool quest.

Also chaos egg that ranks up into a random character that you don't know who it is till you rank it up.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/30/2014 22:34:25 >
Post #: 134
1/30/2014 22:38:50   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo:

But you don't get a Gold/XP reward. . .that's the whole point of my idea, another way to earn Gold/XP, not just PvE/PvP because that's way too redundant.

Post #: 135
1/30/2014 22:43:22   
Gorillo Titan

I keep max gold most of the time unless they raise cap im good. Why not hurt treasure chest?
Post #: 136
1/30/2014 22:48:56   
Jmagician

@Gorillo Titan: What?!?. . .Chaos Egg is evolving! Congratulations! Your Chaos Egg evolved into. . .Void Knight!
AQW  Post #: 137
1/30/2014 22:54:10   
Gorillo Titan

it would be limited to chaos characters nothing rare.
Post #: 138
1/30/2014 22:58:49   
Jmagician

Oh, of course. I was just playing around. It sounds like a cool idea as well.
AQW  Post #: 139
1/30/2014 22:58:52   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: Because Treasure Chest only gives me like what, around 1,000? Not worth it, nothing good about it except battling it which takes forever to encounter one.

Not to mention of course, I can earn the same gold in like 3~4 battles.

Furthermore, you may have reached the Gold cap, but I can't even reach 100,000. . . . . My average is 50,000, and Oversoul is getting kind of boring now with only Character releases and
probably Beck/Moose are going to be Soulgem only, or high Gold. . . .so I'm playing less and less.

I'm not one to waste my time doing the same thing only to get like 12,000 gold after all that hard work, and then somebody goes through barely any battles and gets way more than me. . . like, SO much more. It's sort of ridiculous, maybe lower the Soulgem cost of these Boosts and lower the cap or % it gives.

Post #: 140
1/30/2014 23:00:35   
Gorillo Titan

Someone explained why the sgs wouldn't be changed for a whole since it deals with OS making money and boost being a large part of making money for OS.

Also OS needs these things soon.

http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/chaorrupted-water-dragon
http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/ultra-lionfang-monster
http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/chaos-lycan
You would get a chaos egg from beating this maybe > http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/chaorrupted-poultrygeist-monster
http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/chaos-harpy

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/30/2014 23:07:10 >
Post #: 141
1/30/2014 23:04:46   
DidYouKnowThat

If you can't change it, then add some things. . you know. . .

Add some Quests already, or don't even add it.

INSTEAD: -> Change the Cellar Rat quest so that at the end, it gives you like a 10,000 Gold reward, or SOMETHING.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/30/2014 23:05:05 >
Post #: 142
1/30/2014 23:06:29   
The Jop

@Gorillo
There's a thin line between rewarding your paying customers and driving away free players, and I think 700% gold and experience is a step towards the latter. That's why there are under 100 players online now, because all that there is left to do in the game is level and get characters, which SG users have large advantages in.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/30/2014 23:08:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 143
1/30/2014 23:09:34   
Gorillo Titan

The game can't function without people paying for it AE is a business rule number one of a successful business to make money. If OS had everything free it would have more players maybe but would of stopped working a long time ago do to a lack of income.
Post #: 144
1/30/2014 23:10:27   
The Jop

What other AE game has 700% though? None of them, and that's why they are still successful. Oversoul has driven away the majority of its free player base in its beta stage. You can create a lot of incentive for purchases without blatantly creating that much of a gap between free and paying players.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/30/2014 23:11:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 145
1/30/2014 23:14:31   
DidYouKnowThat

I'm pretty sure everyone understands that Oversoul needs $$$ to survive, but survive as what?

(edit) I like your idea to put in Chaos Lycan. A chaos version of the Lycan would be good. Maybe one of the first Chaos monsters?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/30/2014 23:16:24 >
Post #: 146
1/30/2014 23:16:19   
Gorillo Titan

Some people don't have the time to do 606 fights do to working and school. Also have you played AQW that game has so much stuff you have to actually pay for and it has over 100k people playing everyday. OS is a good game but doesn't have that big of a market when you think about cards and monsters most people now a days rather just make there own characters and fight stuff. OS won't be big until it finds people who actually want to play it over games. OS is pretty much in a competition with all the other AE games until it gets something amazing that isn't in a lot of the other games.
Post #: 147
1/30/2014 23:20:33   
The Jop

OS won't grow quickly with free players since it has about 700% gold and experience for people who pay whereas other games have 200%. Of course people don't have time, but a F2P game like OS won't grow if they create so much of a gap between free and paying players. It was a bad choice when it was introduced, in my opinion, and even worse when the cap was raised. I understand they need money, but they really didn't think of the repercussions of that; they drove away a huge number of free players.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
1/30/2014 23:23:11   
Gorillo Titan

@Jop

Most people didn't quit do to the boost people quit because its been over a year and nothing amazing has happen in OS if we had a plot or something people would see a reason to come back.

All people have to do is farm and that gets boring very quickly meaning people would still quit playing this.

How about telling Nulgath how you feel and see why he did it like that?

A lot of people I know who bought boost and found themselves with nothing to do but grind to get level 20s which is actually pointless unless more people did pvp at level 20s.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 1/30/2014 23:29:39 >
Post #: 149
1/30/2014 23:24:22   
The Jop

@Gorillo
Of course "boost people" don't quit, they have all the advantages in leveling, which is most of what this game is.

How would I contact him? Anyway, he couldn't change it at this point.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 1/30/2014 23:26:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? IV - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 6 of 30«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition