Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Design Notes: 17th January, 2014 - Nulgath's Birthday Gifts! II

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes: 17th January, 2014 - Nulgath's Birthday Gifts! II
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/22/2014 2:06:08   
megakyle777

Adding to MDK, it would make sense for Nulgath to have a new form. it's been stated by the Archfiend himself in a post the story revolves around him gathering souls, and to make a new form for himself with their power makes sense.

MDK: I think it more likely he won't appear because Nulgath the name and char is owned by Artix because Nulgath made that for him when he got his name back, where as the name and char of Miltonis is Milton's. Or I THINK that is how it is.
DF  Post #: 51
1/22/2014 2:25:07   
EliteWarlockz

As I said before.
So I've been thinking do you think Nulgath has evolved again because shadow of nulgath on AQW is Milt's sword and on OS it is Nulgath. Because he went through the portal to get in the world of Oversoul so that could of trigger his evolution. Anyway when's battle gem coming out they said on mid jan
Post #: 52
1/22/2014 2:38:10   
The Death Angel

I think lore wise Nulgath's Shadow would more or less serve as a way for him to get more souls. Everytime you finish off an opponent, you devour the soul of them, which goes straight to
Nulgath himself, that's what I'd assume. I don't think Nulgath's shadow and Shadow of Nulgath from AQWorlds has any connections per se.

I'd love to see the Oblivion sword of Nulgath making an appearance in Oversoul, since at least that blade is not under any trademark issues, etc.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
1/22/2014 2:48:17   
Megadragonknight

@mega
Something like that, yes. Nulgath's name was named by Artix or AE. OS is part of AE game but if OS was to be an individual game without being owned by AE, there would be chance Akumi can appear in OS along with Miltonius. This is what I think.

It start to make some sense Shadow Nulgath act as one of true Nulgath's servant or important commander to collect more souls. In storyline, somewhere we will encounter Shadow Nulgath, fight and barely win against him. Only to discover Shadow Nulgath is not the real Nulgath but a minion/shadow that collect many souls from dead beings and transfer it to the real Nulgath for him to gain more power and become god and evolve to his powerful and true form.
Post #: 54
1/22/2014 2:50:16   
megakyle777

quote:

I'd love to see the Oblivion sword of Nulgath making an appearance in Oversoul, since at least that blade is not under any trademark issues, etc.

Yeah, I'd love to see that blade at least too.
DF  Post #: 55
1/22/2014 3:33:05   
JoelJ1998

Hey guys! Back form hunting for DFR (with no luck) and just realized that Nul's Shadow character is out. Any idea if he has a good deck?
DF AQW  Post #: 56
1/22/2014 3:57:36   
The Death Angel

It isn't the best deck, but it is still very competetive at high levels. Any high costing deck works great at high levels, since you get more time to charge too, so I'm perfectly fine with him.
I don't agree that this deck is mediocre, but then again, it's very subjective I guess. It's a decent deck, maybe not worth 50$, but decent regardless. There exists many better characters.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 57
1/22/2014 4:05:46   
ShadowMoon

quote:

Miltonius won't ever appear in OS due to him appearing in Akumi which is unrelated to AE and OS. For Nulgath, the real Nulgath will possibly go through his new form/evolution during the near end of OS storyline so this Shadow Nulgath have just become like a combat practice for us in storyline wise.

that why i said " nulgath's larvae".
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
1/22/2014 4:07:36   
Megadragonknight

Nulgath's larvae can still be the replacement of Miltonius in OS. ;) Never said Nulgath's larvae won't appear in OS.
Post #: 59
1/22/2014 4:15:30   
The Death Angel

It was called Miltonius Larvae prior to Nulgath Larvae. The entire reason it's named after Nulgath is because of the name change. The appearance of Nulgath Larvae wasn't changed because it was fairly unnecessary. There is really nothing to draw from Nulgath Larvae, it's just a victim of the name change. Anything Miltonius related probaly won't be used for Oversoul, but we might be surprised. It's not out of reach as it is Nulgath who owns Miltonius now. He can do what he wants to do with it, whether it be using it for Akumi or Oversoul.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/22/2014 4:19:45   
megakyle777

Well, in that case I guess we can still hold hope for Nulgath larvae, with Oblivion Blade. Maybe add A Nulgath Larvae Shadow as a Master Form of Nulgath's Shadow, that we can then set as a skin?
DF  Post #: 61
1/22/2014 4:20:19   
Kiazz

Holy crap! I just caught DFR, after 5 days of intense farming! I wasn't even using my usual tank, like taro, because I had just about given up. I was using my level 7 Shadow of Nulgath ._. and I was sooo nervous, after hearing all the horror stories from people like DYKT.. He is indeed kind.

Post #: 62
1/22/2014 4:22:17   
Megadragonknight

Congratz Kiazz for getting your own female DFR. The female DFR boss isn't hard but the male DFR is the horror who use 2 corruption, 5 hit combo, 800 and 1200 damage. He also charge during the first 2 round which can give him greater chance to use high cost cards.

I have yet to find Male DFR! Encountering the 3rd time won't be easy.

< Message edited by Megadragonknight -- 1/22/2014 4:23:31 >
Post #: 63
1/22/2014 4:31:19   
The Death Angel

Gratz Kiazz on the DFR! Female and Male DFR has the same boss cards btw. How you are losing to Male DFR so often, while having defeated the female one seems odd to me.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/22/2014 4:35:13   
Megadragonknight

I don't understand since Female DFR isn't challenging at all. Despite she did use corruption, 5 hit combo, 1200 damage, she didn't give me so much hard time. But Male DFR, the 1st battle was due to the worst combination card I drew which can't be helpful. 2nd battle was too infuriating since Male DFR charge during first 2 rounds which give him higher chance to use Corruption and other heavy cost cards that deal high damage. I am certain those who got Male DFR were really lucky not to have experience my previous 2 battle with Male DFR that was really my worst battle in OS.
Post #: 65
1/22/2014 4:49:19   
megakyle777

Don't worry MDK, I'm sure you will get him eventually.

In other news, My issue is hopefully solved. I'm just waiting to be given the codes it would seem. Props got to Artix and Nytheria for their support and understanding on the matter, and going out of their way to solve a issue entirely my fault. I made a thread for you all to thank them if you have even had a issue that needed Payer Support in AEGD.
DF  Post #: 66
1/22/2014 4:50:26   
The Death Angel

Maybe go into battle with a plan, there are ways to deal with stuff like corruption. You need to have a great understanding of what to do in situations. And yeah, sometimes cards might screw you over, but thats a part of card games really. Luck is not a big factor when it comes to AI. We've all experienced Corruption. Corruption is only extremely dangerous on low characters, then again, it's easier to kill them too with their low HP. Void Rebirth pretty much did the job for me. He has great nukes.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
1/22/2014 5:11:25   
Megadragonknight

@megakyle
Thx and I want to believe in 3rd time the charm.

@Death Angel
Yes, Corruption can be blocked with shield or Iron Hide but it can still broke through the defence and give the AI a greater chance to deal damage provided if its a high damage. I know a strategy to win against Male DFR but it must depend on his charging.
Post #: 68
1/22/2014 5:14:02   
megakyle777

Well, I wish you luck man. I KNOW how much you have been wanting that character. Personaly, I'm fine with my male DFR I found, and will only look for Female one as a way of training my chars.
DF  Post #: 69
1/22/2014 5:17:11   
Megadragonknight

I have always want that Male DFR but someone give him a boss deck that is even far worst than Lich and Storm Knight could ever pull. No matter who it is, it doesn't matter. I want to believe in getting Male DFR as my goal is to be collect every single characters. I want to believe in third times a charm and its a miracle. I want to believe in it. If it won't happen, I am not sure what I will do.
Post #: 70
1/22/2014 5:25:41   
Kiazz

The shadow is actually a pretty good finisher, at least with the two shadowfires, and lower levels are pretty much near the finish, with the smaller amount of hp. So, another viable strategy against boss-deck wielders.

But still. I still advocate changing the two VRs into something else, like surge, as I've suggested, or more shields. 2 13 for something easily bypassed makes it pretty low on the shadow ladder, but then again, it's only a shadow. However, 10k AP is a lot, and before you go on saying how it's free or anything, let me say this: The promotion is the only reason why I bought it, in fact, the 10k AP is still sitting unused in my portal account. I would've never thought of purchasing it, if not for my curiosity. And the 250k SG reward, a similar comparison, has, like I said, bash and thrash going for it. On this note, how about a 500 or 1000 lifetime SG reward? Moar characters!

Edit @below: Still wouldn't be any more different from most shadow characters, but then again, "shadow." Also, surges are just more efficient versions of empower anyway, and isn't nulgath's energies crackly enough for it? It's blue, ain't it?

< Message edited by Kiazz -- 1/22/2014 5:36:57 >
Post #: 71
1/22/2014 5:32:18   
Megadragonknight

I dislike 2 VR. It maybe very defensive but the cost is too much plus DoT can bypass it and so is unblockable damage. Not really worth it. I prefer Empower to replace 1 VR.
Post #: 72
1/22/2014 5:44:51   
megakyle777

I'm of the opinion that while Nulgath's Shadow is weaker right NOW with two Void Reflects, when Stats and Artifacts come out it will rock. For example, imagine a Artifact that has you have a constant 5 charge so it goes from 5-10-15-20. Then you have boosted Nulgath's special stat (assuming you boost each individual char's stats rather then one stat for all and there is a special affecting stat) Then you set up a Void Reflect that due to being level 20 and trainng in full special stat does 1500 reflect, before the foe can attack with their artifact of Extra Power or whatever. BAM! They hurt themselves big time and you are laughing as you hit them with a 1500 Shadowfire.
DF  Post #: 73
1/22/2014 5:48:51   
Kiazz

If that is, indeed, how artifacts will work. You never know. Even with artifacts, whats to stop people from spamming things like corruption with the artifact you mentioned, and still keep bypassing your VR? 13 for 2000 is even less than the 12 for 2000 in shields, and certainly weaker than 12 for 2400 in poison and 10 for 2000 neutral.
Post #: 74
1/22/2014 6:02:01   
DidYouKnowThat

All depends which artifact you use after all, so buckle up ladies and gents, it's going to be real complicated. Lolol.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Design Notes: 17th January, 2014 - Nulgath's Birthday Gifts! II
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition