Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Isle of Dracos - OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Isle of Dracos - OOC
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/14/2014 8:43:30   
TJByrum

Okay guys, first Craghold needs to be filled before we officially begin. StarStruck seems to be working on that.

I have been busy here lately, but the RP is still in full swing. It snowed! A bunch of 20 year olds outside playing in the snow! It only snows so often, so we gotta have fun while we can.
DF AQW  Post #: 101
2/16/2014 11:26:31   
Starstruck

Sorry, I know I'm slow. Job hunting is a very time-consuming activity, but ultimately necessary...
DF MQ  Post #: 102
2/17/2014 22:48:20   
Master K

I'm looking forward to when this RP finally gets up and running.

I hope it'll be as interesting as it seems.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
2/18/2014 9:45:29   
TJByrum

@Starstruck: No rush. Just RP at your own leisure.

@Master K: I hope it's interesting as well!
DF AQW  Post #: 104
2/21/2014 12:25:45   
TJByrum

Update
I want you guys to know that everything is still okay. Craghold is the last hold to be filled, and Starstruck has already claimed it. Once we get a bio up I will post the IC and the RP can begin.
DF AQW  Post #: 105
2/23/2014 8:21:35   
Draycos777

Kyoshi now huh? I wonder how she'll react to Lorelei who is also adept at the bow.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 2/23/2014 11:13:42 >
AQ  Post #: 106
2/23/2014 10:49:55   
TJByrum

Kyoshi is a female warrior hailing from the Eastern Lands. The Eastern Lands are more or less similar to Asia, and Kyoshi is from a place that closely resembles Sengoku Japan. She was raised by and trained as a samurai, albeit being female, and will offer some insight into the Eastern Lands in the RP; she's a 'mercenary' working alongside Jorn.

She is adept with a yumi bow, which is a Japanese bow. Yumi bows are held so that the top is much longer than the bottom, which was unusual to European bows at the time. She's very good with it and you'll see her use it in the RP.

EDIT: She's sort of an 'Easter egg' to let people know more about the Eastern/Western Lands in case I ever host a Japanese-themed roleplay (because that roleplay will also take place on the same world).

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 2/23/2014 10:52:18 >

"I would rather betray the world, than let the world betray me."
-Cao Cao, King of Wei
DF AQW  Post #: 107
2/23/2014 11:12:39   
Draycos777

Yeah, i know about the Yumi bow (being a Sengoku fan myself). I was just wonder how Lorelei and Kyoshi wonder react to one another; with both being powerful bowman(women) and the only adept bow users in the RP so far. Western longbow and the eastern Yumi; I wonder how these two strings will loose their arrows.
AQ  Post #: 108
2/23/2014 14:40:06   
TJByrum

Don't get your hopes up Draycos.

>:)

EDIT: Ever heard the story of Xiahou Yuan and Huang Zhong?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 2/23/2014 14:41:42 >
DF AQW  Post #: 109
2/23/2014 14:43:09   
Draycos777

Oh I never said they would be letting their arrows fly together :P

However I'll no doubt enjoy Kyoshi's character design.

Edit: Yes, you just read my mind:P

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 2/23/2014 14:44:08 >
AQ  Post #: 110
2/23/2014 14:46:38   
TJByrum

Well I hope I write her well...

I've already got a first draft for the first post, it's went through a few changes (like the inclusion of Kyoshi). I'll get to writing a second post, then redo the first pot, and probably redo it again before I make the IC.
DF AQW  Post #: 111
2/23/2014 14:49:51   
Draycos777

I've no doubt you write her well, and besides, it'll be good practice if you ever do a Far East RP. I'll be keeping the first post draft back on page 3, with some edits and a little extension.

Edit: Well now that I know how the Eastern Lands are like I'll need to add an explanation on how Artacis and Gemma have Eastern weapons.

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 2/23/2014 14:53:39 >
AQ  Post #: 112
2/23/2014 15:15:50   
TJByrum

Well I never pride myself on being a good writer. A lot of time I end up sacrificing a lot of quality because I fear long posts will shy some RPers away. Sometimes my dialogue is blunt and moves to fast; other times I don't include enough description. I find it hard to pace myself on where I should describe things and when I shouldn't. I end up writing long descriptions in the middle of a conversation, which I find to be bad writing. I believe if given enough time, I could really plan out great characters with great development, but then I start to realize I draw to much inspiration.

For example, my two characters are Jorn and Kaila (and Kyoshi). I can happily say Kyoshi is an original character, and once I didn't draw any inspiration from. As for Jorn... I have to make sure he doesn't end up being a generic rip-off of Robb or Ned Stark, or even Jon Snow. As for Kaila, I have to make sure she doesn't end up being a rip-off of Ellie (from The Last of Us) or a rip-off of Arya Stark. I like those characters, but I gotta make sure they're original and not rip-offs.

It's one reason I like bad criticization. It's great to see people enjoy my ideas and writing, but I'd prefer people point out and trash-talk it as much as they want, because then I can see my flaws and try to fix them. If I'm a bad writer, I want people to criticize it so I can do better. If I have bad ideas, people should tell me so I learn what and what not to do.
DF AQW  Post #: 113
2/23/2014 17:55:10   
Draycos777

Well if you'd like a helping tip, I can give one for Kyoshi's appearance. Kyoshi kimono will be different depending on her age and marriage status. 20+ and unmarried, she would likely be wearing a Furisode, Pongee Homongi or a Komon. The difference is the color design and the sleeves (sleeves are important).
AQ  Post #: 114
2/23/2014 22:58:17   
Starstruck

Name: Diana Macbeth of House Macbeth
Position: Lady of the Spire, Mistress of the Twain between Earth and Sky. Informally known as "The Jezebel of Craghold," but never to her face.

Her crest is that of an emerald serpent entwined up a gray pillar into white butts.

Physical Appearance: Diana is a snowdrop, a graceful curve of white silk and elegant, airy material. She is small compared to the ruddy, handsome men in Craghold, who tower over the Lady like the face of the mountain. Yet she holds them trembling in her gossamer hands like prey wrapped around the anaconda. She wears expensive garments that flow naturally behind her like a river of color, a serpentine ribbon that whispers about where she's just been or which direction the wind is blowing. Her beauty lies beneath the skin, her expression communicating a passion that shines through the eyes with cold fire. Her lust for power is dangerously beautiful, like a striking snake,

Armor: Diana’s armor is designed for agility, sacrificing protection for several desirable traits. There is no location on her armor where physically denting the armor will prevent her from removing the armor or allowing at least a limited range of movement, but as a consequence it is thinner and lighter than armor designed with protection in mind. In fact, the armor enhances her movement by strengthening and stabilizing certain areas that would be weaker due to her sex. The armor seems very masculine in appearance, but it would be impossible for a man to wear the armor due to internal construction.

In appearance, the armor is slim, with no skin exposed. The helmet is designed similarly to the head of a cobra, hood flared, with the visage depicted on the hood corresponding to the face of the wearer. A slim band of emerald winds down in curious patterns around the armor, for purely aesthetic reasons. Upon the birth of the dragon, Lady Macbeth had the armor altered to be more similar to the dragon, offering her limited grasp of draconic magic in the construction of the armor. Telescoping, in a similar design to her dragon’s wings, from the backs of her arms are two wings which allow her to glide, magically lightened with the rest of the armor to allow this feat. A tail, telescoping, was designed to act as a rudder in tandem with these wings to control her glides. Unfortunately, at this time, sustained flight is impossible, and the wings are useless on the ground. The tail is barbed with a hallucinogenic poison at its tip, allowing very surprising maneuvers of shooting out the tail as a means of offense. She does not at this time have prehensile control over the tail.

Weapon(s): Lady Macbeth seeks utility and secrecy in her weapons, prizing these qualities far above lethality...though certainly a weapon is useless if it cannot kill. If she has brought something with her, it is likely a disguised dagger of some kind, or poisonous. She disdains direct combat. This makes the whip an excellent choice of weapon for her, alongside her daggers. She conceals two whips in the arms of her armor, with a third coiled around her hip.

Skills and Abilities: Political mastermind and strong-willed ruler. Desires power at any cost; distinctly Machiavellian to her enemies, though a fair, honest, and benevolent ruler to those she has already conquered. She has no small amount of charm, though most lies in elegance, grace, poise, and words, rather than direct emotional or physical appeal.

Hold: Craghold
Dragon: Lady Macbeth and her dragon, Claudius, are a match made in hell. Crafty and viciously ambitious, both have the personalities of cold, hard, killers in a deadly combination with their stunning social graces and mannerly dispositions. Sneaky and intelligent, Claudius perfectly complements Lady Macbeth's strengths, even if the two of them together do not particularly cover any of their respective weaknesses.

The following should be in the future tense but I'm sick and want to get this over with. After a while the tensing will be correct anyway. As a baby, Claudius has no special abilities (other than his contraction), though his existence is enough to grant Lady Macbeth the rudimentary magical aptitude necessary for her armor to function.

In appearance, Claudius is vaguely serpentine, with the remarkable ability to condense himself into small spaces very easily. He is by far the largest dragon fully extended, with a wingspan of almost 150 feet (45m) but also the smallest fully compacted, at just over human height at the shoulder, and there isn't much volume to him even at his largest due to his long, thin body when at full size. He is stockier and more substantial when compacted, however. This remarkable ability is achieved by the remarkable telescoping which his biology has decided to grant him. His wings are a mess of jagged plates which retract and connect to press flat against his body. With everything in, he becomes a snake about 8m in length with a diameter of about 3m. Having arms or legs doesn’t affect these numbers much, but he can become rather spidery if he chooses to lengthen them, and can impede his entrance to confined spaces (which he does enjoy a great deal) at any length.

In terms of magic, Claudius has an affinity for the major elements of Earth and Wind and a magnificent aptitude for the lesser element Poison. He is capable of manifesting elemental energy in raw form, distilling and refining energy to project in various manners. It is a curious quirk of Lore that lethal toxins are rare and difficult to come by. Many have effects that could lead to Death's cool embrace, but the very worst of them rots the body and the very least of them turns the body against itself, simulating disease or allergy. The Lady and her dragon have accepted this in stride - why would they not? - and prefer to use the poisons Claudius manufactures as tools to incapacitate threats rather than eliminate them.

Family: The Lord Macbeth is the titular ruler of Craghold, even though everyone knows that Lady Macbeth has coiled her grip around Castle Elsinore. He relinquished the dragon’s egg on Diana’s heartfelt plea and does not seem to regret this decision considering the obvious happiness Diana and Claudius have with each other. Sometimes he can’t help but wonder if things might have been a little different. Still, the two have a wonderful relationship and have been through a great deal getting to this point. If it cost him a kingdom and a dragon, it has been worth it with a caring wife and a legitimately good ruler of the kingdom.

Lady Macbeth’s father and mother were invited to take over Inverness, considering the couple had no use for it anymore; its location made it a terrible military stronghold, and with war brewing over the land, resources were funneled to more important locations and found Inverness leaderless. Iago and Emilia live quite happily in the castle and are very proud of their daughter.

Personality: Diana is, in a word, heartless. Manipulative and strong-willed, she established a dominance over the castles of Craghold in a way that simply can't be believed.

History: The Lady Macbeth was born in a small village in Craghold territory, but knew nothing of the world at large and nothing of Craghold itself. By the age of 14, it was natural for her to control the supplies and work output of the entire village; it happened slowly, but surely. The Craghold army passed through one day and demanded amounts of food and supplies. When Diana explained she could not meet obligations, they knocked her out, grabbed her, and returned to the castle of Inverness.

There, Diana was introduced to the largest crowd of people she had ever encountered in her life. It was a terrifying experience, and she immediately covered her face and hid from them, certain they were another army sent to kill her and take her to some fresh hell. When nothing happened, her mind grew cold. Straightening up, she put on a wide smile and began to socialize.

Within a month, she was the Lady Macbeth, married to the Lord of the castle. Not even that was enough for her; she controlled the army, the kingdom…and the dragon. And she wanted more. The whole continent, she decided, would be a better place under her control. To be perfectly fair to her, it would be. However, the path to world domination is long, slow, and bloody, and it might be better to pass over the best ruler to avoid total war amongst the nobility. After all, what is Diana Macbeth but a peasant who fancies herself a queen?

< Message edited by Starstruck -- 2/27/2014 20:26:36 >
DF MQ  Post #: 115
2/24/2014 13:01:50   
TJByrum

@Starstruck: Claudius, right now, is only allowed to be a baby dragon, so he's probably only the size of your hand, to the size of your forearm. His wingspan is likewise the same length. These dragons have only recently hatched from their eggs within the past two or so weeks, and some haven't even hatched yet. Assuming you change Claudius' description, Diana will be accepted.

@Everyone: Seeing as how there is at least a bio in place or fully completed for each Hold lord, the RP can be started; I will probably post the IC soon, check with everyone so they know the RP is set, and remind some people to look over their bios (I think one of them is still incomplete, aside from Starstrucks).

EDIT

@Everyone: IC is up. Can't say I'm satisfied with it, especially the letter, but a basic summary:
A young girl is fleeing from a pack of mercenaries; just when she is about to be captured, a man and woman slaughter the mercenaries and rescue her. The three then quickly flee the area. A letter is also sent to the five lords (that would be you) to inform them that they are required to journey to Dragonhold Keep and convene a council to determine the next ruler...

Now you do not HAVE to go the council. If you do, you can truly try to make the council work...

Or you can get there with your Royal Guard and try to seize the Keep and the title of King for yourself.

Or you can try raising an army first, then pounce on opportunity and take it by force (but this will take a little longer).

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 2/24/2014 14:03:04 >
DF AQW  Post #: 116
2/24/2014 17:50:51   
Legendium

I've been thinking up my own bio. Master K has allowed me to use part of Rockhold's coast to make my own culture, so I've been working on it. Once I have a summary up I could send it to you TJ, just so you can tell me if you think it fits the RP well. If not, I'll try again and see if it fits better. It'll be a while though, since I need to get out of vacation before I can sit down and properly write it all down. I'll continue brainstorming in the meanwhile.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 117
2/24/2014 19:25:29   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

I've got about half a post now. I'm hoping to have things ready Thursday or Friday. I was working on things on and off for a bit, so I'll need to make sure things sync with the intro. Just an update.

Also, as a note to Starstruck, utility and effectiveness are synonyms, not antonyms. Thus, the statement: "Lady Macbeth seeks utility in her weapons, not effectiveness." is a contradiction.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 118
2/24/2014 19:36:03   
TJByrum

@Legendium: That's fine.

@Kellehendros: Good to know.

@Everyone: I look to be writing a lot in this RP, so I'm going to try my best to improve my writing. I'm certainly not the best writer, so forgive me for any mistakes.

EDIT:

@Draycos777: I'm not one to judge at how someone should organize a post, but I feel your posts would be easier to read if you could put another line in between each paragraph. It's not necessary, but it'd make it easier on my eyes.

EDIT2

@Everyone: Oh yeah, and I think I've mentioned this before, but I'll be using a few time-jumps to speed things up (such as the journey to Dragonhold Keep and the marching of armies).

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 2/24/2014 19:39:53 >
DF AQW  Post #: 119
2/24/2014 21:34:38   
Riprose123

I'll be typing up the rest of my bio sometime this week. Hopefully it'll be done by this weekend.
DF MQ  Post #: 120
2/25/2014 7:02:28   
Master K

Oh, it's up? I'll join in soon, I've been preoccupied and busy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
2/25/2014 10:02:55   
TJByrum

That's alright Master K, do what you gotta do and RP as a a hobby.
DF AQW  Post #: 122
2/25/2014 15:46:16   
Master K

And the post hath been done.

Master K is to attend the council, Aragon shall start building the army, Ike and Jaycov are being energetic, Daunte is being sneaky, and Jet is generally annoyed.
Let the games RP begin.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
2/25/2014 20:31:36   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

The post is mostly done. Reviewing now. Maybe I'll be able to post early.

Edit: Post is up.

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 2/25/2014 22:31:34 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 124
2/26/2014 10:39:38   
TJByrum

I'll read them when I get around to it. Glad to see this RP getting off the ground!
DF AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Isle of Dracos - OOC
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition