Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 15 of 25«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/11/2014 0:37:55   
DidYouKnowThat

Ahhh, just thought of a good character with guns. I want his/her name to include Caliber. Maybe Caliber 2.0 or Caliber-X. . .or something .. . .
Because unfortunately SOUL CALIBER is already taken, a name by another game. . .so yeah. xD

Thing is, it can go both ways. I can say Caliber, and name it some war general or someone who is extremely skilled at something. Maybe swords or so.

OR, I can go with GUNS GUNS GUNS. So it's a dude with guns right? . . .. he's a shady figure, with rogue-ish and pirate-ish armor, with a cloak and a scarf, with a fedora hat pulled down.
He wields a 4-shooter pistol thing on his hand.

The thing is, I'm mixing this character with 3 things. My rogue/thug/pirate/scallywag ish look, along with Monkey D. Luffy from the One Piece anime, along with the pokemon Cofagrigus.

How it'll work is, he's standing there first, pretty shady, with the clothes I describes, and a wicked smirk, right? You can't see his eyes, because fedora hat is pulled down. One arm is showing,
limp, only holding the 4-shooter pistol. The other hand is behind the cloak, holding the cloak concealing himself, so you only see his hand.

The 1-hit would be .. .a arm/hand made of pure black shadow emerges from beneath his cloak, raises itself up like a cobra/serpent, and slams it down, palm first. on the enemy.
The 2-hit would be .. . . the same arm/hand, but it shoots out at the opponent really fast and punches it like a fist. It still maintains the fist, as it raises up and smashes the opponent.

Now the 3-hit would be the cloak unveils, as maybe 8 of those arms in total, 4 or 3 on both sides, emerge, holding guns. Now, the guns would be shooting really fast, gattling at the enemy, flashin'.
It would look like it hits a TON of times, but the enemy gets hit for the regular 3-hits of course.

Now the 5-hit . . .. I'm stuck between these ->

1) So the character would be surrounded in a golden fury, flame, and wisps, right? A bunch of those shadow arms emerge and barrage the enemy in punches and slaps.
2) Tons of shadow hands emerge from the ground, take on the form of a gold-ish drake, and flood the battlefield.
3) So the character is surrounded in a golden fury, flame, and wisps, right? Then the cloak unveils, and the scarf is blowing in the wind. So then, 4 or 3 shadow arms emerge out of the cape, right?
They're tattooed golden, have golden marks on them at all, and outlined in gold. Maybe resembling the Golden Symbiote armor in AQW? That kind of tattoo. Then it takes form as a cannon, and launches
golden fireballs at the opponent, each taking on a form of a draconic mouth.

Now, I want the character's clothes to be black, maybe a bit of DARK brown, and a bit of gold on them. Maybe gold on the ridges of the cloak, some markings on his arm, etc.

As you can see, the shadow arms are a trait of Cofagrigus'. Right? Then the bunch of arms going melee, barraging the opponent, and attacking really fast would be Monkey D. Luffy's trait. He has long arms,
and can punch REALLY fast. His power kind of turns him into rubber I think, lol. If you want to see some examples of it, go Youtube some gameplays of Jstar, character Luffy.

And of course, the shady rogue-ish pirate-ish look .. .

This is a re-make of another character I submitted. I forgot the name of it. . .some Scourge. . .or something. Well it was about how some boy whatever ran away from home and hid at the docks. Pirates
raided the docks that day, found him, and cap'n took fancy to him. Took him in, trained him, and now he's a marksman of the sea! Lol. . . .But the concept was pretty much the same, guns, shady-lookin',
and a fiery attitude. Attitude you can tell when the 5-hit happens, the fury whispy fire thing. . . .

Yeah, 5-hit. . . the surrounded in a golden fury. . . .. DBZ? XD
But I'm really just looking for a golden outline or something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, just found a good character for my slumbering idea. I thought of it a while ago, just couldn't really find a storyline for it.
The thing is, I was going to make a sleeping character, who uses his DREAMS to fight for him, right? Meh, didn't really work. Unless I make some kind of ''Dream Golem'' or something, bred
by a sleeping dragon? Golems protect the sleeping dragon's resting place. . .? I don't know.

But I thought of Brutus, a Behemoth who had just awoken to find the land around himself changed, as Nulgath had unleashed himself from Oblivion, and invaded Oversoul.

But now that I think of it, it is an interesting idea. A dreaming dragon, or maybe it doesn't have to be a dragon, dreaming giant golems and whatnot to fight for him. . . how INTERESTING.
Maybe I can do that. . . . hehe. . . . . .

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 4/11/2014 0:44:11 >
Post #: 351
4/11/2014 7:31:44   
LigerBeard

I believe someone said we needed a behemoth. Well here's you're Behemoth.
Hope you all like it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 352
4/11/2014 12:43:35   
Gorillo Titan

@ligerbeard reminds me of the abomination.
Post #: 353
4/11/2014 23:58:23   
DidYouKnowThat

@Ligerbeard: I think that was me. :P

Heh, I was actually referring to a quadruped beast, but a humanoid could work as well. . . . in a gorilla-stance. .. pretty fierce lookin'.
Kind of like this, or this,

And here's a favorite of mine I found Finally found a working picture of this after I first saw it on a Youtube thing. :3

As I said, humanoid can work too. Like this?
Post #: 354
4/12/2014 0:12:40   
Megadragonknight

@DYKT
The 3rd picture you link, is it like an Ice Dragon?! It looks so amazing!
Post #: 355
4/12/2014 0:28:34   
DidYouKnowThat

No wings. Sheer size and muscle. More like a behemoth or whatnot. Definitely not a dragon. :P

And by the way, THOSE AREN'T MOUNTAINS. It's the tail! xD
Post #: 356
4/12/2014 0:32:36   
Megadragonknight

0.0 The tail and not mountain? That's really unexpected.
Post #: 357
4/12/2014 12:45:28   
LigerBeard

I tried my hand at doing something a little more ambitious than I usually do. What do you guys think?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 358
4/12/2014 15:39:15   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Ligerbeard The thing between the two dogs looks kinda weird xD

If Nulgath is gonna make Clash of Clans characters, he might as well make a PEKKA and a Wallbreaker. It's really easy!

Give the Undead Squire a helmet and replace his sword with a bomb.
And metallize the Archfiend template.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 359
4/12/2014 15:49:41   
DidYouKnowThat

And maybe as a bonus, PEKKA can have a character tree!

Regular PEKKA, and BLACK PEKKA.

Post #: 360
4/12/2014 16:45:40   
LigerBeard

@DYKT: lol sry, it's just that I thought that a Behemoth character would be best in some form of gorilla-like stance.
@ChaosRipJaw: lol yeah, but the idea was supposed to be a Cerberus-like creature, but instead of 3 heads, 2 heads on the left and right and a human body in the middle. It was one of my more ambitious ideas, so I might try it again in the future.
Also, I made a new angel character today, and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on it.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 361
4/12/2014 16:51:34   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

@Ligerbeard: Wife of Zeus? Not bad at all. That's a pretty unique design, seeing how Hera usually wears a crown and never has wings.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 362
4/12/2014 21:48:33   
LigerBeard

@ChaosRipJaw: Why thank you, that was what I was going for. I thought an angel-like design rather fitting, considering her title.
Also, I don't think I ever got any feedback on this.

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 4/12/2014 21:52:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 363
4/13/2014 18:40:21   
DidYouKnowThat

@Ligerbeard: Your storyline is awesome for the Viper Drake. The character itself reminds me of a combination of a skinny Resonance and a Lepid. :P
So he attached insect parts to himself eh. Maybe he could have some sharp protrusions on his forearms, or mosquito-like wings and whatnot.

Also, his name implies something of a snake and a dragon, but it's neither. . . .Meeh . . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The more I get into Vikings, the more I think . . . . .ok I can't hold the secret of Viking anymore. LOL.

So like I said, I wanted to make some Viking characters, right? My first idea was a Justicar Viking, the horned helmets with the buckle shield and weapon, maybe a pole-arm or whatnot.
For the attacks he's blazing with fire and smites/sunders his enemies. For his 5-hit, he bellows a warcry, and leaps toward his opponent, bringing his polearm down on it, crushing the ground below also.
So it makes like a fissure.

Another Viking idea is. . . a Cannoneer! It's self-explanatory, a dude who fires a cannon, right?
I've got two versions of that ->

A bulky Viking, with a hand held cannon. Kind of like Jynx if ya'll know League of Legends, or something like this.
It also has somewhat of a resemblance like the Cannoneer in Maplestory, though I'm not a fan of THAT one. :P

An alternative would be a Viking on a miniature version of their signature Dragonboat/Viking ship.. . . . .and of course, cannon(s).
Post #: 364
4/13/2014 21:01:06   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Finished Ligerbeard's Bloody the Soul Messenger and GorilloTitan's Ghost Tyrant ^_^
Also made my own character (scroll down), the Shadowstalker and I remembered DidYouKnowThat's "Knight Marionette" character idea :D
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21643836&mpage=4&key=�

Seeing how Nulgath made this, this, and this, they might make good additions to OS.

I was also thinking how some human bandit type characters might be useful, since there are the Pikemen who keep order . . .

< Message edited by ChaosRipjaw -- 4/14/2014 11:05:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 365
4/14/2014 23:51:26   
DidYouKnowThat

@Chaos: Huehue, that's why I'm focusing on rogue-like characters for the next contest, both human and un-human!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUT, I'm looking for a wind character now. . . .

-> A medium golem made of stone and wood. An ancient hulk, showing sign of age with scars, cracks, and green moss. There is fungi growing on parts of it, glowing mushrooms.
He stands, with his palms exposed. In the middle of each of his palms, there are wooden windmills inside, spinning slowly. On his back is a giant windmill, slowly spinning.

The golem is only a shell for the real creature inside, who refuses to show its true form. The golem is like an empty knight's suit. If you look at the hollow opening at the face, all you see are two, sad yellow
eyes.

Summary : Deep in the valley's heart, they say there are lands where the light cannot breach. It is dim, and depressing. There are lands where no stars shine, and where no moon ever dares to
show its face, with a deep fog shrouding the lands, concealing its secrets forever from the outside world.

The valley of the forgotten lands was host to numerous wars, where so many had fallen. From war to war, it soon developed a fog, and the land slowly died, making it unfavorable. As a result, it was
no longer fought over and mostly deserted.

A few bloodlines remained however, a couple of clans scattered here and there, but it was very rare to come across any living flesh.
The fog made it difficult to breathe, and killed off a good number of them.
Some even believe that the thick shroud is actually a manifestation of the murdered soldiers, demanding the price of their tragedy to be paid in blood.

The fog wasn't the only danger however. Their lands became favorable places for despicable pests. It became infested with giant leeches, spiders, hounds, and other questionable species.
Though the worst was yet to come. As Nulgath's forces stormed the lands of Oversoul, the fiends and voids had found the valleys as suitable places for them to hide out in, luring their enemies into the fog,
and executing a violent assassination, not to mention feasting upon any lost souls entangled by the fog.

As hoards of them flooded the valleys, they would soon grow into an army, which Nulgath may command to ambush the remaining lands and fully take over. They were disgusted by such an idea, how foul it was.
''Another war?'' they thought. This time, they chose not to keep silent. Although they know they were outnumbered and did not stand a chance, they did not give up. After all, by now they've realized
that it was not only their home at jeopardy, but Oversoul as a whole. If they were to die, they would absolutely not die forgotten. They would not die in the forgotten valleys, and sealed away in the fog,
or otherwise being devoured by any fiend or void.

Have thought this, they began to think. How could they combat these forces? They did not have the strongest physique, nor were their weapons sharp. However, was not the misty shroud the center of all this
foulness? If they were to clear the fog, would not the problems accompanied by it by banished to the abyss as well? With that being said, they started to construct several suits of impressive size. They were made of
stone and wood, to defend the wearer against any hostile entities. Then, it was equipped with windmills to clear the fog.

As they cleared, many were slain. Each new corpse empowered them with willpower. As the hidden ''army'' brewing became exposed, the valleys took host to one final battle.
However, it could not take anymore. As the fighting continued, the forgotten lands gave away. The ground became loose, and started to crumble and sink deeper, swallowing countless beings
locked in combat. Many died, though Nulgath's mini-army was now thrown into disarray. The Forgotten Lands natives suffered the most lost, however. Not only was their home destroyed, and rejected into the abyss,
but the ones in the golem suits were the only ones left. The rest either died to the impact of the fall, or to the hands of Nulgath's minions. Their spirit, crushed, as they now spend the rest of their lives wandering
the abyss, mourning their loss, slaying any stragglers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my . . . . .You know, I was just supposed to write a SUMMARY OF THE STORY, but I got carried away. LOLOLOL.

If anyone reads it, tell me how you like it. I kind of rushed the end, so it might not sound so good.

Post #: 366
4/15/2014 9:29:33   
LigerBeard

Above: Wait, the next contest is rogue-based? Well, I need to start working now on some then too, don't I?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 367
4/15/2014 9:35:15   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

@LigerBeard
I'm pretty sure it's just the theme he's going for. We don't really know any details about the next contest

A calculated tragedy, miracles are foolish
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 368
4/15/2014 9:44:51   
LigerBeard

Whew, good because I have no rogue based characters whatsoever!
I plan on submitting some for Halloween for the future contest, but if it's an elemental contest, I might try making some more ice characters, seeing as I have one for each element other than ice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 369
4/15/2014 10:28:12   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

This ought to handle the rogue contest. I have one more idea to go with this though . . .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 370
4/15/2014 12:17:41   
Megadragonknight

Other than Zavyn of Dragonknight, I am going to suggest a Light Dragon and Ice Dragon. Those 2 are going to be my last Dragon theme character that I will suggest for the contest. At least I hope my Ice Dragon will win the contest as I know of Gold Dragon will be a Light Dragon that's main element is Light. :D I shall put in all my soul and effort to write best story I can offer for both my Zavyn of Dragonknight and Ice Dragon(will give a name). Light Dragon shall be for enjoyment.
Post #: 371
4/15/2014 12:26:06   
Gorillo Titan

Didn't a lot of people suggest dragons last contest? Seems like nuglith choose the ones that were pretty differnet from everyone else. A seaweed monser an undead water pirate a wizard that could summon a hydra dragon thing and a wyvern.
Post #: 372
4/15/2014 17:12:20   
DidYouKnowThat

@Jameson: Nah, dude. Lupus is right, we don't know anything about the next contest. However, I'm already preparing for any future contests with a set of Rogue-based characters.
That will be my main theme for the next contest, Rogue.

@MDK/Gorillo: Yup. To catch Nulgath's attention, I guess you can't just go with an obvious creature, yeah? Come up with your own I guess, originality! For example, a normal Dragon? Well, he already
has dragons planned, nah? Pretty sure for all elements, which includes Light, unfortunately for MDK. :L

So either your dragon will have to stand out greatly, or have one heck of a storyline. :P

And if Jop sees this post, well, I wonder how the Seaweed monster would look like anyway. .. I keep picturing a giant Tangela (Pokémon) with legs and arms sticking out. . . . Maybe Jop can
clear that image up or draw a sketch of it on sketchtoy or something. Lol. And I wonder if he will be submitting it again?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 4/15/2014 17:13:27 >
Post #: 373
4/15/2014 18:11:30   
The Jop

@DYKT
I'm no artist, but this is it basically: http://sketchtoy.com/60310999

It is like a giant Tangela, but its face is different, it doesn't have feet (its bottom would just be a clump of seaweed), and the seaweed is a dark green and dripping with water instead of the blue stuff Tangela has. Plus it's full of animated corpses whose limbs are sticking out, some of which are losing skin or are just bone. I don't think I'll be submitting it again since I have better ideas and it wasn't very unique. It only had two bullets worth of appearance in its description as opposed to the 6 or so Resonance had. Plus, in retrospect, the 4 healing springs in its deck would not work out that well, since you hardly ever need that much healing. I didn't expect it to make it to voting, really. If I knew it would, I would have put a lot more work into it, which I plan to do for the next contest.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 374
4/15/2014 19:57:28   
LigerBeard

Well, I came up with a Mad Hatter-like character today. I would like to introduce you to The Eccentric Host!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Character Suggestion Discussion Thread
Page 15 of 25«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition