Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Mission Possible

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Mission Possible
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/1/2014 2:41:07   
Voodoo Master

Mission Possible

Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> Espina Rosa -> Mission Possible -> Quest!
Requirements: Completion of A Day for Farewells
Release Date: February 28th, 2014

Objective: Kara has a special mission for you... Are you ready?
Objective completed: You found the Face Nommer! It looks a bit worse for wear though...

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(2) Frogidile
(3) Mushroom
(6) Nature Elemental
(3) Snapperdilla
(5) Swamp Shambler
(3) Tog
(1) FaceNommer - Boss

NPCs
Edd
Kara SuLema
Svera

Rewards
Swamp Moss Cinch
Boggy Belt
Woven Mangrove Roots
Soaked Ferns
Marsh Mellow Belt
Wetland Chain
Muskeg Mesh
Floodplain Wader

Dialogue

*Kara is standing in front of a table full with maps diagrams and sketches , examining them.*

<Character>: So what are all these maps for?
Kara SuLema: These are the floor plans to Espina Rosa, <Character>.
Kara SuLema: Acquiring them was a particularly lengthy task, but I was able to get in to get them and get out undetected.
Kara SuLema: They outline the quarters of the Runed Fortress.
<Character>: Ah, so Espina Rosa, the Runed Fortress and place where our allies are imprisoned?
Kara SuLema: Precisely.
Kara SuLema: A mage and ally of ours was captured by the Rose years ago and imprisoned there.
Kara SuLema: A potentially valuable asset to the Vind and another thorn in the side of the Rose if freed.
Kara SuLema: Melissa's contingents have done much for us in terms of learning about the prison.
Kara SuLema: After her last foray, with you, I know now more then ever, we must strike soon.
<Character>: A perfect occasion to annoy and embarrass the Rose terribly. I like the way you think, Kara. Count me in!
<Character>: So what do we do? Storm the keep?
Kara SuLema: Unfortunately, as much fun as that could be, it is not a feasible option.
<Character>: Oh?
Kara SuLema: Espina Rosa also doubles up as a Rose garrison; a horde of Rose Soldiers is stationed there.
Kara SuLema: There are no ferries to the island the prison is on.
Kara SuLema: They have portals outside the fortress that lead to the Rose's main headquarters in the capital city.
Kara SuLema: It is how they get their supplies and it is the only way to get there, at least, the only way to get there without arousing suspicion.
Kara SuLema: If Espina Rosa is attacked and word gets out, reinforcements will arrive in no time at all.
<Character>: All right, so maybe storming it isn't the best of ideas. We could use a bit of magic then to...

*Kara picks up a Rose magical bracelet - the ones the Rose uses to control magical creatures.*

Kara SuLema: Remember these?
<Character>: How wouldn't I? Those are the horrible enslaving bracelets of the Rose.
Kara SuLema: So they are.
Kara SuLema: When Espina Rosa was built, it was with the same principle as these in mind: to bind and control those close to magic.
Kara SuLema: As a consequence, it is made entirely out of this material.
<Character>: ...Entirely?
Kara SuLema: The fortress itself is covered with the sigils you see here, both inside and outside. Hence its name: the "Runed Fortress".
Kara SuLema: Magic cannot be done, nor can it penetrate, within its quarters.
Kara SuLema: They also scan everyone that enters for magic and facial recognition at the portal.
<Character>: ........
<Character>: All right, I'll bite. How do you plan on making this mission possible?
Kara SuLema: Simple: You will infiltrate.
<Character>: I like a good infiltration mission as much as the next adventurer, but how? I'm pretty sure the Rose has had a good look at my face by now.
<Character>: If I can't change my appearance with magic, I'll be recognized on the spot.
Kara SuLema: Normally, you would be correct.

*Kara turns away from you.*

Kara SuLema: Svera?
Svera: You called, Lady Kara?
Kara SuLema: Please bring Edd in.
Svera: Yes, my Lady.

A few minutes later...

Kara SuLema: <Character>, this is Edd. A Rose Soldier of Espina Rosa.

*A Rose Soldier is tied to a chair in front of them. He's deep asleep.*

Edd: *SNORE*
Kara SuLema: Edd recently transferred to Espina Rosa and within his first days there, he was put on temporary leave for food poisoning causing amnesia.
<Character>: ... That is one heck of a food poisoning.
Kara SuLema: No one at Espina Rosa really knows Edd due to his leave so soon after his deployment. He's not expected to remember anything.
Kara SuLema: And, to be honest, I don't think they expect him to be himself after all this.
Edd: *snore* *grunt*
<Character>: I think I see where you are getting at... Edd would be the perfect Rose Soldier to impersonate!
Kara SuLema: Correct. As for your face, here.

*Kara hands you a sheet of paper.*

<Character>: ... What in Lore is this?

*There is a drawing of something that looks like a mutated seed spitter on the paper.*

Kara SuLema: It is a species of carnivorous plant unique to Betrubung Swamp. The Face Nommer.
Kara SuLema: In order to attract unsuspecting creatures, a special membrane inside its mouth imprints a copy of the face of its last victim...
Kara SuLema: ... and a second, bulbous head reproduces a flexible, but authentic clone.
Kara SuLema: The Vind has found that the face can be place on the head...
Kara SuLema: ... and act as an effective, non-magical mask as the plant makes it through its own natural secretions.
Kara SuLema: <Character>, I would like you to find this plant in the Swamp, bring it here so we can make a mask of Edd's face for you to use...
Kara SuLema: ... and infiltrate Espina Rosa. I would trust no one else for this mission and this is not a chance I intend to let slide.
<Character>: I already agreed to help Kara. You can count on me.
Kara SuLema: Good. If you can take care of the plant, I will take care of the rest of the preparations.
<Character>: Then let's get to it!

Find the Face Nommer in the Swamp.

*While searching, you notice Zorbak peeking out from behind a large tree.*

<Character>: Zorbak!!

*The Face Nommer reveals itself. A copy of Zorbak's head is attached to one of its tendrils.*

<Character>: ..........
<Character>: You know what? I'm not even going to ask.

• Battle - battles FaceNommer.
  • Extreme Battle - battles FaceNommer.
  • Heal - fully replenishes HP, MP, and potions.
  • Run Away! - returns to Sulen'Eska.

*Once defeated, you bring the creature back to Kara. The Face Nommer noms Edd's face, then produces a precise copy of it.*

• Complete Quest

Other information
  • A HP/MP healing pad can be found throughout the quest.
  • Chronologically, it is recommended to complete the quest Shear Destruction before beginning this quest.
  • Previously required players to turn in 5 Rose Weapon Shard to Kara SuLema to unlock this quest; this was updated to require completion of Trust upon the release of that quest on October 15th, 2021; this quest's requirement was updated again to require completion of A Day for Farewells on June 23rd, 2023.

Next Up: InspecZion

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 6/24/2023 10:13:49 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Mission Possible
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition