Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Riftwalker Armor Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Riftwalker Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/11/2017 3:29:04   
Kashlikaro

Riftwalker's Power Attack description is incorrect; its description is the same as the Warrior's Power Attack and has not been changed, despite the Riftwalker's Power Attack being very different in that it's a 4-hit that does 110% damage each, instead of a flat +75% damage increase.

And I have no idea why it bothers me so much.
DF  Post #: 26
1/14/2017 12:05:36   
Htown1001

I've been using riftwalker a ton for this war, and since I care wayyyy too much about how I look, I was wondering if there were any cosmetics (cape and helm mostly) that matched the armor? Like a set?
DF  Post #: 27
1/15/2017 23:22:01   
Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

@Htown
I hide capes on riftwalker just cause I'm used to not having them and don't know what to do now that verly got them working. As for helmet I've found baeltael's aventail looks quite nice with the armor, or one of my personal favorites is warrior of chaos which just looks nice with everything and allows you to show or hide your characters face by clicking on the visor
Post #: 28
1/15/2017 23:24:58   
Dark Lord Urmi

for a helm try Bright Defender V back when i was still a walker i found that helm worked the best.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
1/16/2017 8:43:20   
Sakurai the Cursed

^The benefits of having a DA; you can just show it and use a better helmet for stats. :P

Also, @Urmi, Bright Defender is like ultra rare; it hasn't been obtainable for 6 years. It is one of my favorite helms though, that war had some amazing items.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/16/2017 8:49:33   
Zeldax

I used Deatharrows Fearless Helm when I was a Riftwalker before.
Post #: 31
1/17/2017 16:11:48   
RusticMetal

I must be super picky. I don't like Warrior of Chaos because it doesn't match the color exactly right :/
Post #: 32
1/18/2017 0:56:40   
Shiny_Underpants

@Htown
I use the Illustrious Cape from the Tournament of Champions. It matches up quite nicely. I use RW on my main, so you can see what it looks like on my linked character profile if you're interested.
Post #: 33
1/18/2017 3:32:59   
Ireul

Since I'm worried that if not enough people say it's good it might get changed and I don' want that, here I am. Even created an acc on forum for this :D. Anyway, it's by far my favourite class. I'm usually not a fan of glasscannons but I just love the blink/rift style of combat anywhere possible, DF included. The fact that RW is a WARRIOR instead of blinking rogue like everywhere else is even better cuz I like warriors more than the rest but usually it's the rogues that get the mobility and warriors get a ton of armor to make mobility obsolete and (logically) impossible. As for the looks I can' say it's bad either since I like black/red/golden combo and the gold I can just add with other stuff. And someone said there isn't a female version if I remember correctly, to that I have to say that I can clearly see a female shaped figure on my Selene in RW armor and unless RW men have breasts and slim waist it's female version alright. Almost forgot this, if anything bout RW's gonna get changed, PLEASE don't make it the stance.

If anything doesn't make sense, don't hesitate to point it out.

Post edited. Please see your inbox.
David the Wanderer, AK of DF GD

< Message edited by David the Wanderer -- 1/18/2017 8:05:22 >
Post #: 34
1/19/2017 13:49:00   
RykerKominic

It's the best, I got 20 rounds against Akira. Outside DoomKnight what class can do that? 20 Rounds
AQ  Post #: 35
1/19/2017 17:40:36   
Xan12085

I love riftwalker, but the only part I dislike would be the lack of colour customization. I like having clean colors like white and silver over browns and reds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
2/26/2017 16:13:04   
Keridan

Riftwalker, oh Riftwalker. By far, my favorite of the Atelean classes, and the class that made me switch from a long-time Mage to a Warrior. Everything about this class hits my design tastes just perfectly. Elegant armor, an awesome pose with the sword over arm, a nice color-scheme, and sheer power that I find only the first version of DoomKnight can beat.

There are some hiccups with this armor, such as how the arm blocks out a LOT of the close up text bubbles, but thankfully the forums are so in-depth, I can look up what the quest is to see the conversations over having to sacrifice this amazing class. Another downside is it's one of the few classes with a semi-glitched face; the eyes are supposed to match your base armor's main color, but every time you log in, it goes to a basic blue. In order to switch back to my lovely amaranth color, I have to go to a barber and change my skin or something, then cancel. And even then, in cutscenes where the character blinks or close their eyes, it makes the blue come back. I mean, it's a very mild gripe, but I'm OCD about my design and stuff, so it urks me my eyes aren't as customized as I'd like.

There's literally only a few things I'd change about this class. One would be a color-customize option, perhaps a unique version for the Atelean classes since they have quite a few tidbits to change. Sure, the colors are really nice, but that personal flare would be amazing to have. Second would be to get an artifact for this class; it doesn't need one, but I sure as heck WANT one. Perhaps something different for each Atelean class, like make it for Riftwalkers, every OTHER turn drains the natural power boost they have. Or something like lesser cool downs to lowers mana cost. Heck, I'd be down for just a rehash of the Cloak Scrap, having extra potions is always amazing to have on hand. Just, an artifact to make this perfect class even more perfect would be amazing.

Otherwise, seriously, my favorite class in game. And for a primarily offensive class, it works surprisingly well defensively too. Especially with Blade of Awe's healing, since Riftwalker has so many multi-hit attacks.
AQ DF  Post #: 37
2/26/2017 16:26:53   
Tesarion

About the helmet thing... Phoenix Doom looks good I think. It matches the color.

And I really hate when my sword grabing arm blocks most of text sometimes... I had to do the quest twice many times to get what was said in those bubbles...
Post #: 38
2/26/2017 16:32:38   
Frigus

It's a good class so long as you don't have a long drawn out battle. If the boss is an HP wall that can do tons of damage, then best luck.
Post #: 39
2/26/2017 17:01:44   
Keridan

quote:

It's a good class so long as you don't have a long drawn out battle. If the boss is an HP wall that can do tons of damage, then best luck.

Hence why I said it's surprisingly good defensively, if you get your defenses high and wield the Blade of Awe. The multi-hits means more likely a chance for that heal to proc.

I did a few bosses on Hard and Extreme Hard with Riftwalker, it's not the best for the long fights, but it still can pack a punch.
AQ DF  Post #: 40
2/26/2017 17:28:42   
HwarangxDxArcher

Regarding the eyes, I don't think it's a bug, because all atealan base class have blue eyes, the same like Ranger and Master-Soulweaver.

It seems that the 'Power' skill of Riftwalker is actually modify-able with weapon type, Melee weapon like sword, axes, and scythe(all-around) deal 110% x 4, whereas weapon like staff and dagger got a penalty which I'm too lazy to figure the number xD

DF Epic  Post #: 41
2/26/2017 18:15:56   
Meloette Wells

the eyes reverting to blue is actually a long-term issue with any of the color-custom eye colors armors. It's something about how the game handles the eyes being color-customization specifically
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
2/26/2017 18:20:08   
HwarangxDxArcher

I thought that the revamped base-class is the only class with color-custom eye. Well, if that's the case, hope they get fixed soon, I'm gonna enjoy modifying Ranger's eye color :D

Edit :
@Kashlikaro :
quote:

Riftwalker's Power Attack description is incorrect; its description is the same as the Warrior's Power Attack and has not been changed, despite the Riftwalker's Power Attack being very different in that it's a 4-hit that does 110% damage each, instead of a flat +75% damage increase.

Well, think of it this way...
Power adds 75% damage, but Riftwalker hits four times with normal attack, compared to Warrior's one. So, the math would probably be this way :
Warrior : 100% + 75% = 175%
Riftwalker : 4x(25% + 75%) = 400%

But yea, I don't know where those extra 10% per hit comes from :P

< Message edited by HwarangxDxArcher -- 3/3/2017 22:18:15 >
DF Epic  Post #: 43
4/9/2017 4:36:21   
Food4thought

I'm not sure I understand the point of "Reality Breaker".

I get that it's the counterpart to the Base Warrior's "Throw" but having Pierce damage on an otherwise completely Melee Class feels like it doesn't fit. It does look cool though

< Message edited by Food4thought -- 4/9/2017 4:39:41 >
DF AQW  Post #: 44
4/9/2017 4:54:25   
Greyor_42

@food4thought i think it's mainly there for enemies who have a higher melee resistance than pierce.
DF  Post #: 45
4/9/2017 7:23:51   
Food4thought

ah I see
DF AQW  Post #: 46
7/8/2017 11:34:05   
admahu

Is it by design, maybe for some balance standard, that you can't unlock Melee Combo (double) or Rift Effect (triple) if the last hit in the previous attack misses? It is especially annoying that if the enemy dies before the last hit, it seems to count as a miss and also not unlock those moves. Rapid Attack for Cryptic is the same way.

edit: not terrible though, the classes are still fantastic

< Message edited by admahu -- 7/8/2017 14:51:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 47
7/8/2017 11:41:16   
HwarangxDxArcher

Yup, it's meant to be that way.
DF Epic  Post #: 48
7/24/2017 16:28:35   
savor

is this armor hard to get?

i mean do i need to train it like most of the other classes?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 49
7/24/2017 16:34:25   
Greyor_42

at the moment, i'm not aware of it needing to be trained. you do need to fight some guys to unlock it though.
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Riftwalker Armor Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition