Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Crystal Room.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: The Crystal Room.
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/17/2014 16:06:45   
Frost Moglin

I might be unable to be in these forums for about 2 weeks and might miss some updates. I'll try to get here, though.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
4/17/2014 17:17:04   
deathlord45

quote:

So I take it this Soul Eater A&R is an AU to both the manga and anime? Anyways, before I complete my application I would like to know just how much a difference this A&R will have to Soul Eater.

It is a full AU. I'm not sure how different it's going to be, beyond not having any of the main/supporting cast from the anime/manga, also Witches are part of the faculty/student body of the MWA in full. Other than that I can't think of much else.

@Frost:
Alright thanks for the heads up.

@Darkblade:
Yeah completely possible.

@Arthur:
After careful consideration, coin flips, dice rolls, etc. I've decided that.....Lancet is in most cause, I think it'll help make the game more fun.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
4/17/2014 19:01:04   
Daimyo Daimyo

Forum name: Daimyo Daimyo
Character Name: Nomen
Job: Sorcerer
Description: While investigating an ancient castle reclaimed by nature, students came across a strange male sleeping in a room on a bed. The sheets covering him were quite dusty. The noirette appears to be an amnesiac; he cannot remember his name, age, or why he was there. His appearance suggests that he is in his teenage years. We have taken him in to our school because he has nowhere else to go.

He doesn't talk much and when he does it's in a whisper that only people next to him can hear. He seems to be afraid of people as he walks across a street just to avoid walking past someone. He's so thin from what we see of him. His arms and fingers are like a skeleton's! So pale too... And those eyes! Have you seen those dark circles!? What on earth could he have been through...

Magic. He can perform magic. This was discovered when a would-be bully tried to harm him. The room suddenly became colder and filled with snow. Magic-users are generally female and witches. Sorcerer was the term coined for the rare male gifted with such powers. We decided we would train him. He shows promise and could be an asset to the academy.

It's amazing how much he doesn't know. He was quite surprised when he first saw a student transform into a weapon. Weapons are common knowledge to the public; how does he not know? Is his amnesia really that serious? We had doctors examine him but they've yet to discover the cause of his lost memories.

He doesn't know anything about souls so we had to explain it to him. Speaking of souls, his is abnormally small. It's very odd. Maybe his soul was shattered? Could that be the cause of his memory loss? Still, most people don't survive having their soul broken... Hmm...

He...had a nightmare. He told us that meteors were falling from the skies and that the smoke choked him and stung his eyes. He said it in such detail that we thought he had perhaps been in a fire before. Could it be a fragment of his memory? We tried to calm him down but I'm not sure if it worked. The next morning he asked us what happened when you died and if you went to Hell if you were a sinner. We didn't know how to answer that.

When we found him, his clothes were tattered, dusty, and full of holes. His hair was dull, shaggy, and lice-infested until we took him to a salon to have it cut, disinfected, and washed. His nails were also in dire need of trimming. He just sat on the barber chair and closed his eyes. He didn't say how he wanted his hair to look but we decided to keep it medium-length in case he's like any of those whiny kids that cry over having short hair. At least now we can see his eyes now that they're no longer hidden behind his bangs. They made him look like a banshee! His eyes are a stormy blue-gray. His silent stares are unsettling...

Today, he remembered his name. "Nomen. It means name. So it's the best name because it's all of them." I had nothing to say to that.
MQ  Post #: 53
4/17/2014 19:16:35   
Lord Darkblade

Here's my character and his brother and meister
Forum name: Lord Darkblade
Character Name: Yang Enos
Job:Weapon(with his and his brother's dual meister)/Meister(with his brother)
Weapon form: A white katana with a black gem on the hilt.
Animal Theme:N/A
Description:

Appearance: A 6'2" male with brown eyes and long black hair that has been tied back
Clothing: An all white suit with a black tie.
Personality: Yang is best described as a manipulative sociopath, he has no care for the well-being of other people.

Brother/Meister(NPCs)
Character Name: Ying Enos
Job:Weapon(with his and his brother's dual meister)/Meister(with his brother)
Weapon form: A black wakizashi with a white gem on the hilt.
Animal Theme:N/A
Description:

Appearance: A 6'2" male with blue eyes and short white hair
Clothing: He wears a white t-shirt and black jeans with a black jacket
Personality: Ying is an empathic healer, he helps people whenever possible and cares about everyone he is close to.

Character Name: Eden
Job: Meister(To Ying and Yang)
Weapon form:
Animal Theme: N/A
Description:

Appearance: A 5'5" female, with medium length brown hair and green eyes.
Clothing: She wears a white tank top and black skinny jeans, and various bracelets on her wrists.
Personality: She is the buffer between Ying and Yang to keep them from fighting, she is caring only for the Enos brothers and her friends and cold towards most people, and rarely shows any affection towards anyone.

Collective History:
Ying and Yang had lived a troubled life having been orphaned when the were 10 and forced to live on the streets until Eden met them when they were 14. She had taken some pity on them and so she took them to her apartment where she was living with her original weapon. The Enos brothers stayed with them for a few months, until an argument had erupted between Yang and Eden's weapon causing a fight that ended in the death of Eden's weapon, and so Eden kicked them out for a month, before she invited them back because she needed company, soon she enrolled them into the MWA as her replacement weapons. Later during a period of time where Eden was sick the Enos brothers had went out to explore the area where they were attacked by a gang, and so the Enos brothers became the meister's to each other after having to fight the gang by themselves.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
4/17/2014 20:30:16   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Okay I am confused. So I am not approved as a Death Scythe?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
4/17/2014 20:37:49   
Daimyo Daimyo

So are Enchanters allowed? There are Golem makers in the series after all (Giriko for one). Though there's not much info about them besides that they use magic gloves to shape golems from the earth.

Trivia: Evil Weapons are weapons that consume human souls. When they do so, their soul becomes corrupt and evil. They become power-hungry which makes them want to consume even more souls.

When they consume enough souls and a witch soul, they become a Demon Sword which is the evil opposite of a Death Scythe.

After that, they become a Kishin. A Kishin unleashes madness wavelengths that drive people to insanity. They're also god-like in strength. Fortunately, few Evil Weapons ever survive to become a Demon Sword much less a Kishin.

Excalibur, the holy sword, has existed long before humans with Weapon genes were created. His power is unrivaled by any weapon and can be used by any person due to his special wavelength (Meisters cannot use Weapons with different wavelengths from them). Unfortunately, few can tolerate his personality. Unlike other weapons, he does not eat souls.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 4/17/2014 20:49:25 >
MQ  Post #: 56
4/17/2014 21:09:37   
deathlord45

@Arthur:
You're in a Death Scythe. Long live my confusing words!

@Daimyo:
You're in. When I first Sorcerer I thought of Eibon to be honest. Don't forget the Black Blood, though is it shown in the manga that a Demon Sword can actually become a Kishin?

@Darkblade:
All of characters are in, though something to note, you'll have to pick which of you three you'll be playing from cause I don't want write that a whole lot for one person's update, you'll also get your own posting format.

@Nartbor:
You're in but a bit on his personality would be appreciated.

Does anyone think I should add in a section/more info to the game's post. Also as of now there are only 4 slots remaining.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
4/17/2014 21:19:03   
Daimyo Daimyo

Sure, a more info section would be good. Eibon is a sorcerer. Crona/Ragnarok did essentially become a Kishin.
MQ  Post #: 58
4/17/2014 21:29:29   
kkutwar

Is it even possible for a Weapon to also be a Meister? Well, besides that... Since Witches are an actual part of the faculty and student body does that mean they're the minority or that the witches Weapons hunt are the minority? Furthermore, will there be someone who'll partner with my character or will I have to make a Weapon as well?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
4/17/2014 21:44:04   
Daimyo Daimyo

Ignoring the anime, a Weapon can be a Meister in the sense that they can use another Weapon as evidenced by the Thompson sisters. They could only do basic things like shoot though and not any of the fancy skills that their Meister Kid could do.

A Meister can sense soul wavelengths which helps them locate, identify, and gauge strength levels. I don't believe a Weapon can do that.

Weapons that fight without Meisters are called Autonomous Weapons. Most Weapons can't fight or can barely fight without a Meister.
MQ  Post #: 60
4/17/2014 21:52:35   
deathlord45

quote:

will there be someone who'll partner with my character or will I have to make a Weapon as well?

I can make you one easily enough, though I'll need a full app to do so.

quote:

Crona/Ragnarok did essentially become a Kishin.

Didn't they eat Ashura's soul to do that while on the moon?

quote:

Weapon can be a Meister in the sense that they can use another Weapon as evidenced by the Thompson sisters.

This was pretty much what I was thinking when he asked the question.

So, what you all like in a more info section?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 61
4/17/2014 22:05:11   
Daimyo Daimyo

No, they were a Kishin by the time they went to the moon. Eating another Kishin's soul would make an even more powerful Kishin though that didn't happen.

Also, I suppose Crona/Ragnarok are a Meister/Weapon in a sense. Of course, their creation is not natural like other Weapons and it's of course illegal to bind a normal human and Weapon together. Of course, evil witches have no regard for laws. Still, I think such a Hybrid being would be interesting.

And before someone asks, a Witch that is a Weapon is pretty much impossible since only humans carry the Weapon gene. Unless you do the above procedure of course. Though there are no Witch Weapons in the series. I suppose if deathlord45 wants to explore that, it'd be okay.

Useful info would be terminology we already covered like:
  • Evil Weapons.
  • Demon Swords.
  • Kishins.
  • Witches.
  • Excalibur or your own originally-made legendary weapon if you don't want to write his character.

Oh yeah, you never said if Enchanter/Golem Makers were allowed or not.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 4/17/2014 22:27:21 >
  • MQ  Post #: 62
    4/17/2014 22:30:47   
    deathlord45

quote:

Excalibur or your own originally-made legendary weapon if you don't want to write his character.

Original weapon it will be.

While I think the Golem Makers would be cool to have, unless they are more expanded on in the manga and you can give me that info, then I'd have to say not allowed due to a lack of information.

Before I make the more info section think we should cover soul-wavelengths first?
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
    4/17/2014 22:54:40   
    Daimyo Daimyo

No, there's not that much info on Golems.

For soul wavelengths, there's: madness, anti-demon, healing, (if counting anime) exorcism, and bravery. There are also distortions: bloodlust, evil magic, madness infection, and anger. You can wiki them up.
    MQ  Post #: 64
    4/17/2014 23:56:55   
    deathlord45

I thinking more on a general basis for wavelengths. Also if I wiki anything I get lost in a wiki but that's also how I know Crona/Ragnarok ate Ashura's soul, I should go re-read that cause I can't remember how they got on the moon in the first place.

Also the info section will be up in a bit.is up. If nothing else can be thought of to add, I'll mark the game complete on Saturday.

< Message edited by deathlord45 -- 4/18/2014 0:33:49 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
    4/18/2014 0:54:04   
    Nartbor

Quick question (I am sorry if someone else asked this) how will we be paired into weapon/technicians? Will it be randomly assigned or will we get NPC counterparts?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
    4/18/2014 1:13:18   
    Daimyo Daimyo

Pretty unimportant but a dark weapon (not evil as I remembered incorrectly) will eventually devour the soul of its wielder. Again, pretty unimportant but I thought I'd point it out.

Demon Swords are also capable of unleashing madness wavelengths though weaker than a Kishin's. They also can devour a massive amount of souls in a short time.

The original plan was for co-op play with another player but that's probably going to get scrapped since there aren't enough.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 4/18/2014 1:16:36 >
    MQ  Post #: 67
    4/18/2014 1:14:44   
    Arthur
    How We Roll Winner
    Dec14

How about making a co-op of players who've already applied and letting the rest make their own Weapons/Meisters?
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
    4/18/2014 2:43:53   
    deathlord45

Looking at the current selection, A Death Scythe, an Amnesic Sorcerer, a Weapon(Kanabo) and a Meister with dual sword Weapons. The best I could do for Co-op would be make you all a team, which is something I originally planned to do. Though like I offered Kkut(Who is making a Meister) I can whip up a Meister NPC(which you get control over) for you Nartbor and too an extent Arthur. I just realized that pairing forumites as Meister/Weapon pairs kinda mess with battle like since any Weapon character except an Autonomous, wouldn't have anything to do.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
    4/18/2014 2:47:41   
    Arthur
    How We Roll Winner
    Dec14

Banned...

I am fine with that.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
    4/18/2014 4:46:51   
    Lemonus

I might make an SE bio.
    DF AQW  Post #: 71
    4/18/2014 6:13:39   
    Arthur
    How We Roll Winner
    Dec14

@deathlord45, I really think you should put a Skills and Abilities section in the app formats.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 72
    4/18/2014 7:53:08   
    Lord Darkblade

I'll be playing Yang.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
    4/18/2014 11:05:48   
    deathlord45

quote:

I really think you should put a Skills and Abilities section in the app formats.

I probably should and I did. The plan still stands that I'll mark the game complete on Saturday. Also for those already in, just add in the Skills & Abilities section to your apps, that mostly applies to Lancet, Eden and Nomen
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 74
    4/18/2014 12:16:22   
    Lemonus

Wait tomorrow? That means I can't... ;/
    DF AQW  Post #: 75
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: The Crystal Room.
    Page 3 of 4<1234>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition