Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Solomi's Art Maze

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Solomi's Art Maze
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/18/2015 17:54:38   
solomi123

Saellah fanart for the DragonRider war

Should have colored it deeper, dat wavy hair though
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/26/2015 23:49:10   
solomi123

Gave up on shading ... too hard
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/7/2015 13:11:17   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

So! First, Saellah. He looks like a cutie. Or rather perplexed about something. But still a cutie. It would help make him pop out to viewers' eyes if you'd've shaded him a little darker, yes—or if you're feeling lazy, you can try just adjusting the image's contrast and/or brightness on a program like Photoshop or Gimp. I ain't gonna lie, sometimes that's a trick I use (sparingly) when I want lines on traditional drawings to be more obvious than they already are. It requires less effort than reshading entire pages of sketches.

I also wanted to skim over your proportions a little. Unless you're going for a chibi-esque style, his head looks pretty large compared to the rest of his body, and his armor somewhat thin. It doesn't look like the plates would last long against a few good sword swings.

As for the more recent weapons, helmet, and cape, I like the general ideas behind them. They match each other well and their designs, while not astoundingly intricate, appear practical enough without being overly simple. If only there was a bit more shading on them... : p I suggest extending the handles of the sword and the dagger more, anyhow; they seem short at the moment and not easy to wield, especially with large blades weighing down the opposite ends.

< Message edited by Ragsrun -- 2/7/2015 13:13:43 >
DF  Post #: 28
3/8/2015 10:36:12   
solomi123

I.Regret.NOTHING!!!
click I say

@edit
is the link working now?

< Message edited by solomi123 -- 3/8/2015 10:48:17 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
3/8/2015 10:45:05   
  Elryn

Custodian (DF)

The link does not work.

Edit: Does now.

< Message edited by Elryn -- 3/8/2015 13:46:24 >
AQ  Post #: 30
3/8/2015 17:34:15   
flashbang

I feel like that is supposed to be Ragsrun.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 31
3/8/2015 18:52:25   
solomi123

@flash
who else would it be? Lupus??
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/8/2015 23:00:21   
flashbang

Maybe?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 33
3/9/2015 1:18:51   
solomi123

Nope, Lupus senpai is a giant tentacled monster wearin' admiral hat. Everybody know that :3
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
3/9/2015 11:42:24   
Lupus the Wolf
Heres How We Roll Winner
July 2014

*Ahem*
Not a tentacle monster. Just a wolf with a hat = w =
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
3/12/2015 20:54:27   
solomi123

Terrible? Pathetic? Kill it with FIRE?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
3/12/2015 21:00:57   
flashbang

It's pretty cool. The shoes look a little futuristic though.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 37
3/21/2015 12:08:31   
solomi123

"You could have destroyed that cloak!"

"You could have prevented any of this!"

"YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HER!!!"
-----------------
Does he even look like Ash? I dunno; though I do know a certain Archknight won't be happy knowing that we could have destroyed the cloak and have a shot at saving Serenity.
I always see her as a mother-figure to him, ya know, encouraging and making foods and free lounging, like that.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
3/21/2015 13:07:54   
megakyle777

Eh, I don't think Ash is that sort of guy to be honest. He has known us for years. If we can't do it, he knows we gave it our all.
DF  Post #: 39
3/21/2015 13:16:02   
solomi123

I'm pretty sure not destroying a MS artifact that's make the Baron more powerful and "bringing" it to Valtrith knowing it isn't "gave it our all"

Granted, mind control but still ...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
3/29/2015 11:12:37   
solomi123

Tried making wannabe front-view NPC with new style of shading (with brush) which ended horribly ... will revert back to old style now ~ :I
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
3/29/2015 11:28:17   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

I don't know, I think it looks good, shading-wise. It has a real creepy vibe, although I'd suggest you look at drawings/photos of the human skeleton, because you messed it up a bit.
DF AQW  Post #: 42
3/29/2015 11:41:16   
Flamehead 12

Don't sweat it, youre making progress in your works

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
3/29/2015 12:08:35   
solomi123

@David
I don't know , it didn't really give a "straight shading" feels like DF style soooo not really good for a NPC :I
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
3/29/2015 18:20:41   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Some quick little comments...

1. I still don't hit on my drawings. Shh.

2. What was the idea behind this guy y'posted on the 12th? He looks interesting.

3. I didn't think your recent "wannabe front-view NPC" was terrible. True, its shading is more blended than DF NPCs, but that's forgiveable if y'aren't using a vector graphics editor. Raster graphics can be difficult to keep clean. And as David already mentioned, looking up bone structures could be very helpful for you—the ribs appear twisted off-center at the moment (unless that was intended?) and hands tend to be made up of way more bones than you've drawn. As it is now, it doesn't seem like he can clench his hand. Ever. : p

Really, just keep working at the shading style. It could take you in a good direction.
DF  Post #: 45
3/29/2015 22:34:46   
apielang

I agree with the other, your art is GOOD AND BEAUTIFULL. Yaps but there is something you need to more, it is shading. Your shading is need to be practice so you will have more realistic art
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
3/30/2015 0:35:41   
solomi123

1. The day I believe that is the day Shaibira becomes reality, or the day you upload your ... photos *highfiveflashbang*

2. I intended for him to look like a Sandsea-esque NPC, didn't really work though

3. Still terrible then ~

I will do my best, thank you Ragsrun-chii :3
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
3/31/2015 16:06:50   
flashbang

And give them to Shai *highfives*
And it looks pretty good. Me think. I don't know, I can't art.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
3/31/2015 18:36:56   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

<.<

Ahem. I think he could still work in the Sandsea, Solomi. The colors an' all match. It's more his lack of typical head protection and/or bare skin like most male Sandsea NPCs that doesn't automatically make me think of deserts when I look at 'im. A couple extra decorations could make him look nicer too.

Stay strooooong. Improving one's art tends to be a masochistic task.
DF  Post #: 49
4/25/2015 11:13:10   
solomi123

You thought it was a random ask.fm-er Hollow, but it was I, Solomi. ~

Sooo this is what Hollow Soul DF NPC looks like - well, kinda - based on his description of it when someone asked him on his twitter. I thought it was interesting so I drew him.

.......Tybi-nee chan....... how come it still doesn't feel like a DF NPC?

@Edit:
darn it, forgot to shade the hair!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: Solomi's Art Maze
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition