Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= ChronoZ Testing Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= ChronoZ Testing Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/19/2014 22:20:46   
speedmeteor101

Hey Verly, I think instead of relying completely on the combos you should have atleast 3 quick access skills other than attack. Some of the mentioned by Xanaomin
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
3/19/2014 23:31:57   
Talion

A simple guide to make an armor that players dig

-At least one farming attack : fast animation, high crit chance, high damage (300 damage without crit, at least)
-Any kind of heal spell
-Any decent def skill : either Blind with low cooldown, or stun/shield skill that lasts for more than 2 turns
-An efficient multi-enemy fighting attack (either put very high damage OR normal damage but no cooldown)

I like that combos idea, but the armor is incomplete if it doesnt have most (or all) of the above.
Animations and look = ZOMGAWESOMELEETSAUCEWOW

DF  Post #: 52
3/21/2014 1:07:04   
  133spider

Sadly, this class is overall boring to say the least. This armor should contain more skills than just a few with a fair amount of combos. We already have Shadow Hunter so why make a clone out of another class and sell it as a calender armor? Calender armors should be original. If the originality of the class is strong then there's a more likely chance people will buy the calender just for that class.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
3/21/2014 2:11:17   
Rukaji

I like the animations a lot. Very creative and awesome. The combo system is enjoyable, since you can have quite a bit of variety in attacks. It is a little hard to deal immediate damage though, but the rewind skill makes up for it in long fights anyway. I agree with others saying there should just be one quick, but hard hitting attack. Don't make it apart of the combo, but it should strong enough to OHKO weak enemies.

I said this in the update thread, but might as well put it here. When you use the "blink" skill and kill the enemy the first attack, you can attack again even though you've already won.

DF  Post #: 54
3/21/2014 4:28:17   
Lia Arwen

I think I like the updated version better!
And anyways, after using blink once and bow twice, my character just stands in front of the opponent and won't move back...is that a bug or just something that can be fixed by clearing my cache?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
3/21/2014 4:42:55   
snakehulk21220

umm i dunno if i just didnt notice this before or something because i wasnt running any quests that had a closeup of my character... but im female now in the armor
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 56
3/21/2014 9:30:49   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

Perils of traveling through time: step on a bug and suddenly all the guys are girls.

Went back, gave the bug CPR, then squashed it a different way. Should be the right gender now! Bow twice then being stuck is weird. I ran into that when I was testing it- but I thought I fixed it. Let me know if it still happens with this version!
AQ MQ  Post #: 57
3/21/2014 10:47:09   
Xanaomin

The class... it's amazing now. <3 Damage seems to have been fixed all around, and you actually took my skip idea, improved it and made it all shiney, then implemented it. So much love~

Once again, well done, timetraveling box kitty~

EDIT: I do notice that there's still some lag when the fist moves are used.. as well as the kick in time.
Also the death animation.

< Message edited by Xanaomin -- 3/21/2014 11:29:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
3/21/2014 12:50:50   
dsicarii

I must say, Verly, the class is splendid with the changes and wonderfully fun! :D

However, I think I might have found a bug, I'm not sure. When using bow -> sword (Time Grinder Combo part 2), Bow always hits 2 times, but then sometimes Sword hits 4 times total (2 times with bow animation, 2 times with sword) and sometimes it hits 5 times total (2 times with bow animation, 3 times with sword animation). I'm not certain if it's supposed to hit 4 or 5 times, or even just have a chance of hitting 5 times like guest-Rolith has a chance of hitting 6 times instead of 4, so it might be working as intended, but I figured it safer to post in case it was a bug :)

Mind more often in clouds or spreadsheets than in the game :P
"Main"s ~ Kariah | Anwar Rashid Malik | Mirna
DF  Post #: 59
3/21/2014 13:23:51   
Dante Redorigin

@ Verly

I am liking the new skills and the revamped combo set up (though it takes a bit to place the new names) and it's working a bit better in terms of quick multi, though now there's a bug where my Hero is facing the wrong way when he delivers the multi hit.

In terms of the finishing animations though, I'm kind of curious why the Stun finisher, Time Grinder, and the sword finisher Dimensional Rift are the only ones with an actual trademark animation and the others are just rehashing the other parts of the combos but with different effects. I mean we don't use the Grinder saw for any other part of any other combo, and we don't have that chain hitting lightning burst as a finisher for any other combo. I never heard if you or Tomix planned to make unique finisher animations for each, but it just seems kind of odd that a couple have them and the rest don't.

< Message edited by Dante Redorigin -- 3/21/2014 13:25:08 >
Post #: 60
3/21/2014 13:23:55   
ChronoEye

Now that the lag from this Class is fixed, it'll be perfect.

I love that we've been heard, we have Multi attack, we have NEW skills, and such. <3

This class will be perfect, I am maybe going to use this one more than TimeKiller that was my only Class I used during 2013.
Post #: 61
3/21/2014 16:50:14   
eatfist

I think the class is almost done but should have more time based things to it as said earlier. But the class is pretty good so far. I'm wondering though if anyone is having the damage to you still showing above the enemies head?

< Message edited by eatfist -- 3/21/2014 17:05:36 >

"Insanity is what makes us what we are" Eatfist
AQW  Post #: 62
3/21/2014 17:06:00   
dsicarii

@Eatfist Yes, that is still occurring for me, too.
DF  Post #: 63
3/21/2014 17:13:55   
eatfist

Their needs to be a full thing of skills like a normal time class otherwise it wouldn't be a chrono class in my opinion.

Signature removed. Please don't use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Signatures ~Gingkage

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 3/21/2014 19:18:28 >
AQW  Post #: 64
3/21/2014 17:40:47   
dsicarii

I personally don't think it needs a full bar with it having the combo system, considering with the combo system and the new skills that have been added it now basically has more skills than other classes, if you consider the different "combos" as skills rather than each combo button individually. And, to me, counting them individually just doesn't make sense, since when combined they become something other - normal skills don't generally do this, which is why I support considering the combos themselves the skills here.

With the newest additions, the class has pretty much everything it could need, as far as I can tell so far, and filling out the rest of the right bar could far too quickly, far too easily make the class either far too overpowered, even for a (or comparing against another) time class, far too complicated, or too... essentially too "cluttered" (which is probably the best outcome, imho). As it was, even before the new skill additions, there were quite a few people talking about how they could never remember what the combos were or what they did, and this was also before they were changed and renamed from Shadow Hunter, and it's just gotten more difficult to remember in those cases since, I'd think. Much of anything else (that I can think of) that could be the new skills on the right side would be underpowered, or overpowered, or just plain redundant with what is covered now, and if people can just press one button to do something they'd otherwise need to do with a combo (such as, for example, adding a multi in one of those spots - the average player would sooner go for that one than for Blink -> Bow -> Bow, just because it's simpler and easier to remember, even if it's inferior) then that's what'll happen, which entirely undermines the point of it being a combo-based class.

Then again, this is just my opinion.
DF  Post #: 65
3/21/2014 17:46:41   
  Verlyrus
DragonFable Boxcat

quote:

Their needs to be a full thing of skills like a normal time class otherwise it wouldn't be a chrono class in my opinion.

This class has the most number of different skill effects of all the classes we've done before. There are a LOT of cool combo effects that do really neat things.
So while it looks like it doesn't have a full skill bar, it really does have all of those effects!

quote:

I'm wondering though if anyone is having the damage to you still showing above the enemies head?

That's interesting. I'll have to investigate that, but I can't promise any developments. The simplest things usually have the weirdest solutions.

quote:

However, I think I might have found a bug, I'm not sure. When using bow -> sword (Time Grinder Combo part 2), Bow always hits 2 times, but then sometimes Sword hits 4 times total (2 times with bow animation, 2 times with sword) and sometimes it hits 5 times total (2 times with bow animation, 3 times with sword animation). I'm not certain if it's supposed to hit 4 or 5 times, or even just have a chance of hitting 5 times like guest-Rolith has a chance of hitting 6 times instead of 4, so it might be working as intended, but I figured it safer to post in case it was a bug :)

Nope, not a bug! Most "Piercing combo" attacks have a chance to add another hit!

quote:

EDIT: I do notice that there's still some lag when the fist moves are used.. as well as the kick in time.
Also the death animation.

The death animation is supposed to be all glitchy, and I can't seem to figure out why the fist and kick have the spot of freezing before they attack. It's really odd. On the other hand, the freeze isn't too long, so it's not toooo bad, but it's kinda disruptive, I suppose. Definitely something that I'm aware of and looking into.
AQ MQ  Post #: 66
3/21/2014 17:59:54   
dsicarii

quote:

Nope, not a bug! Most "Piercing combo" attacks have a chance to add another hit!

Ah, good to hear, then and thanks for answering that for me! It's really awesome that it does that, too :D

quote:

That's interesting. I'll have to investigate that, but I can't promise any developments. The simplest things usually have the weirdest solutions.

I know it first turned up when the first testing update along with Purple Day came out, and it sometimes happened it reverse for a while (and I had it occur on one character I hadn't tested ChronoZ on, but only once and I couldn't reproduce, so I dismissed that). Since the added skills, though, it does just seem to be my damage taken over the enemy's head, at least, and I haven't had my damage to them show over my head since then.
DF  Post #: 67
3/21/2014 18:01:46   
  133spider

ChronoZ now has two healing skills and one mana regen skill. That being of "Heal Finisher" and "Reverse Time". Is there a future chance you guys will add one more mana regen skill to this class?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
3/21/2014 18:59:41   
eatfist

I admit I have changed my mind about the skill bar being full I agree it would be cluttered. I say after the bugs are fixed the class should go live for the calendar owners.

Signature removed. Please don't use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 3/21/2014 19:18:11 >
AQW  Post #: 69
3/21/2014 19:01:24   
Midnightsoul

To be honest, I feel like most of ChronoZ's moves need to do more damage. They're a little weak in general...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
3/21/2014 19:03:20   
eatfist

I agree with midnight the attacks are under powered could they get a boost?

< Message edited by Gingkage -- 3/21/2014 19:17:45 >
AQW  Post #: 71
3/21/2014 19:38:16   
snakehulk21220

the sword attacks are perfect, the magic attacks could use a damage boost and the bow combo could as well, 100 damage to multi enemies that have over 1500 hp isnt really anything to write home about for a multi attack that takes 2 turns, or making you use your blink... its more cost effective to just use single hit attacks till everything is dead than to ever touch the multi.

aside from some minor damage buffs and bug fixes i think this class is fantastic now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 72
3/21/2014 19:45:50   
Xanaomin

quote:

The death animation is supposed to be all glitchy

Yeah, I know, but the game still froze for a moment or two before it finally played. That's what I was getting at.

As for those complaining that ChronoZ's attacks are weak... I have to disagree. Practically all of them are doing over 100% weapon damage, for me, now. Killing anyone on PvP in a measly 3 turns (2 if you use the skip) rather proves that.

EDIT: Now is it just me, or is the Phase shield doing literally nothing? No matter how many times I use it, every single attack goes through like it's not even there. I'm trying to beat Razen with the class, and the shield is failing to block that OP DoT he starts with literally every single time.

The really ironic thing is that he always misses once the shield wears off as well.

< Message edited by Xanaomin -- 3/21/2014 20:41:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/21/2014 20:41:11   
speedmeteor101

You have the space for 3 more skills And maybe do them like soul weaver
"summon hour hand/( soul weaver's Pierce)" One hit with weapon stronger than attack but weaker than crit combo
"summon minute hand"/(soul weaver's Impact) 2 hit attack about same thing
"summon second hand"/(soul weaver's Retro). Basically same as soulweaver's
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
3/21/2014 20:44:34   
eatfist

you are insane if you think the magic and bow skills are good they are underpowered
AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= ChronoZ Testing Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition