Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Bounty Hunter Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Bounty Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/12/2014 11:09:21   
DanniiBoiixD

Static grenade's EP return is lacking, and I have a suggestion that may just fix it. It's drain should remain the same, or increase by 10-50 points, but it's return should scale based on technology. 1% for every 5 tech, and having a base drain of 35%. Or, you could make it the opposite and drain with tech while it returns with support.

Another way is to just have the skill remain the same but have a 30% scale with tech and 70% with support.

< Message edited by DanniiBoiixD -- 7/12/2014 11:14:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
7/15/2014 6:46:05   
Envy and Jealousy

I agree with DanniiBoiixD. I do believe that Static Grenade is just so underwhelming at the moment and having Drain being based on Support/Tech and the Energy Gained is based on the opposite stat. This does however seem very complex for the ED team, but I believe it promotes a Focus Build over Str Build on Bounty Hunter as Str Builds are running rampant throughout ED atm.

For me, I personally believe Shadow Arts needs a buff. If that isn't possible, then I say to replace the skill entirely. I am not as skilled as many players and I haven't been around for a year, but I have noticed since I came back that Bounty Hunter's Shadow Arts ability really needs a buff.

Overall Changes:
Static Grenade's Energy Return
Shadow Arts (buff or replace skill entirely)

His choice led him on a path of anarchy

Her choice led her on a path of fulfillment
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/19/2014 11:23:44   
nowras

Shadow Arts is one of the most useless skills in this game. I think it needs a change.

Energy Cost: 0

Improves with: nothing

Requirements: Support (24-26-28-30-32-34-36-38-40-42)

Warm Up: 0 Cool Down: 4

Reduces a % of your enemy's energy drain skills and cores and increases your energy by a % of your maximum EP Lasts for 3 turns.

Level 1 : 10% - 8%

Level 2 : 15% - 10%

Level 3 : 20% - 12%

Level 4 : 25% - 14%

Level 5 : 30% - 16%

Level 6 : 35% - 18%

Level 7 : 40% - 20%

Level 8 : 45% - 22%

Level 9 : 48% - 24%

Level 10 : 50% - 25%

Note: 25% of energy recovery lasts for 3 turns how? like I have 1000 energy 25% of it is 250 so ill get 250 over 3 turns 84-83-83
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/22/2014 12:47:36   
santonik

NEW BLOOD OF MARK TO BOYNTYHUNTER. (NO NAME YET)
Name I will not have given to this. It may suggestion someone else. Someone whose native language is English.
English is not my head tongue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if the other would be marks of blood-based support.
shock may be STR ​​based. The specialty-based support.
Would be changed% power feature also.
What's more SUPPORT STATS. It is a bigger percentage of the leech.
Deal out damage which goes to the HP% share of the pool.
new leech skill is% based.
SUPPORT STATS brings more benefits.

(example to this count) let's hope that is the right word ^^
[b]Support stats 90/3 = 30% extra leech[/b] (numbers can be changed)(here is scaling changes)
Basic skill without SUPPORT benefit. (numbers can be changed)

1lvl 1%
2lvl 2% (This dont need scaling at all. because skill Scaling SUPPORT STATS)
3lvl 3%
4lvl 4%
5lvl 5%
6lvl 6%
7lvl 7%
8lvl 8%
9lvl 9%
10lvl 10%

180 support stats. Get 60% more leech skill. 10lvl (10%) + 60% (extra leech from stats) = total is 70% of the leech abilty.

150 support stats. Get 50% more leech skill. 10lvl (10%) + 50% (extra leech from stats) = total is 60% of the leech abilty.

120 support stats. Get 40% more leech skill. 10lvl (10%) to 40% (the leech from the extra stats) = 50% of the total is the abilty to the leech.

90 support stats. Get 30% more leech skill. 10lvl (10%) + 30% (from the leech extra stats) = 40% of the total is the abilty to the leech.

60 support stats. Get 20% more leech skill. 10lvl (10%) + 20% (from the leech extra stats) = 30% of the total is the abilty to the leech.

45 support stats. Get 15% more leech skill. 10lvl (10%) + 15% (from the leech extra stats) = 25% of the total is the abilty to the leech.

20 support stats. Not to be 6.66% (7%) more leech skill. 10lvl (10%) + 7% (extra leech from stats) = total is 17% leech abilty.

This may sound a little strange at first. but this skill gets a nerf and buff at the same time. This proposals to use.

advantage is that the build SUPPORT get more HP back.

The disadvantage is the STR ​​builds they lose either the defense or the ability to access the HP.

highest benefits of a STR-SUPPORT-HP players.
they have the drawback of continuous blocks / deflections. and weak defense. This build should look more closely. % Leech may be a threat to the balance of the game. Requires fine-tuning to find the right amount of%. that the players are no overwhelming or too weak.

This is an important issue. The only benefits of this skill is the skill of the user.
The partner may not benefit from this skill. This skill can not be given Parner.
70% of the leech skill would be too much for some builds.

[b]CAUTION
This is the only way this could give to another. that it computes a partner in the personal SUPPORT STATS.

It's who gives to another in the skill. 's stats are not transmitted to the next player. And loses that turn attack (only if you give leech buff to partner)

Cool Down: 3 Turns
A special could affect the 4 rounds.
Mark is you or partner only. No oppnents anymore. No double benefit 2vs2 anymore.

150 Energy (+10 per skill level INCREASE)
Level 1: 150 Energy
Level 2: 160 Energy
Level 3: 170 Energy (Energy Cost Same what is Blood of the mark)
Level 4: 180 Energy
Level 5: 190 Energy
Level 6: 200 Energy
Level 7: 210 Energy
Level 8: 220 Energy
Level 9: 230 Energy
Level 10: 240 Energy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epic  Post #: 29
8/23/2014 13:47:16   
DeathGuard

I think a buff of 4 turn duration(currently 3 turn duration) for Shadow Arts would be good.
The incoming damage percent is good but I find it to be at edge with a lvl 1 tier skill(Hybrid Armor) that has 4 turn duration. Shadow Arts being a tier 4 skill could be stronger with a +1 turn duration.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
9/4/2014 0:10:25   
suboto

Shadow arts needs a buff
last 4 turns instead of 3 and
reduced from +20 energy each level
to
+15 energy each
Epic  Post #: 31
9/13/2014 23:36:07   
Rayman
Banned

Shadows Arts already reduces a % of enemy drains like emp and static smash, Already tested it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/4/2015 11:43:34   
GodOfTechno

wrong page

< Message edited by GodOfTechno -- 2/4/2015 11:44:13 >
Epic  Post #: 33
2/4/2015 11:55:59   
The berserker killer

EMP grenade needs to scale with technology again
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 34
2/4/2015 13:07:03   
King Bling

Lol are you kidding? if emp scales with tech, then everyone will start using f5 only, and since f5 has high tech, emp will give back 400+ energy, thus bring the buff which was nerfed in early omega because it was totally op.
Post #: 35
2/25/2015 9:54:17   
romanu

The energy gain of grenade is lame to say the least. You can lower the energy steal, but buff the energy gain to at least double, TLM and Mage can never run out of energy, compare that to BH.
Post #: 36
2/25/2015 11:20:28   
The berserker killer

@King: Their energy regain is at 55%.... Even if they take 400 (which will probably mean they would have to use F5, and F5 has a ton of flaws including the fact that it has extremely low hp hence making it vulnerable to Support Builds, Massive Strength Builds, or Poison builds) they will only get 220 energy back. Once every 3/4 turns. Meanwhile other classes are getting more energy or, if anything, their energy regain skill is way more beneficial.

Lets look at the Benefits:

Bounty EMP: High energy take, 55% gain, no damage dealt, EXTREMELY dependent on their opponent

Static Smash: Massive energy take, weapon requirement, no damage dealt, HIGHLY dependent on their enemy

Tech Mage: Assimilation and Battery... need I say more. NOT dependent on their enemy

Blood Mage: Deals damage, can get up to 15% of the opponents energy over time. HIGHLY dependent on their enemy

Tactical Merc: Frenzy- Deals damage. Battery- No need to explain anymore. NOT dependent on their enemy

Cyber Hunter: Massive energy gain regardless of any strength nerf. NOT dependent on their enemy.

The overwhelming fact is that three of the 6 classes are highly dependent on their enemy: Blood Mage, Mercs, and Bounty Hunters. The problem is that the weakest energy skill of these classes is Bounty HUnters and the reason its the weakest is because 1) It scales with support, a stat that has little to no use for this class and 2) While Static Smash has a 65 % conversion while maxed (and scales with Strength which is a useful stat), and Parasite drains 15% of your current energy and gains 1.5x the amount drained, Bounty Hunter only gains 55% of the amount of energy it drains.

If anything, I recommend that this skill should scale with tech or let the % it drains improve with support
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 37
2/26/2015 8:03:46   
Squrwogrona

I don't see official balance cyber thread anywhere; so lets just say that static charge from certain point just adds energy to ur opponent, rendering it useless, unless you are counting on the fact that it is gonna get stolen, stalling etc. So from this point of view, Cyber and Merc have weakest energy meta.

Edit: TM still owns energy meta like no other, as it should be, but in doing so, TM renders some classes's (CH, Merc, BH) energy skills useless.
TLM and BM are somewhere between ownage and useless, depends on who they're facing.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 2/26/2015 8:10:32 >
Epic  Post #: 38
2/27/2015 13:31:54   
Darkwing

The recent BH balance changes are not what the class needs. They nerfed both poison because TLM was able to spam it. The BH poison was not like the TLM one because: BH can't regenerate energy with TWO FREE SKILLS.

On top of that, BH's poison also had the claw weapon lock.
Post #: 39
2/27/2015 13:39:52   
Ranloth
Banned

Cooldown was necessary on Poison, due to looping - especially since Heal has 4-turn cooldown. Venom Strike has also received +10 DoT buff and -10 EP cost, to compensate for being locked to Claws (unlike Toxic Grenade).
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
2/27/2015 13:41:32   
One Winged Angel1357

@Darkwing they increased the cooldown sure but they decreased the energy cost and increased the damage. I wouldn't call that a nerf even if you are still only getting one use out of the skill it is cheaper and stronger
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/27/2015 15:21:55   
Darkwing

Now that the maul skill of Mercenary got a big buff, you can't block it, BH have by far the worst energy regeneration from all classes.

There's not even much point in a skill tree you can't use because of energy, and cores cost energy too.

With 5 focus like support, you get like 17 energy and has 4 turns cooldown. If you keep track of that skill, then he should not be able to use more then once on you.

Bounty hunter can run fast out of energy so his poison is not a problem. If he wasted energy on poison, he could have no energy left for other skills.

Poison is not good on high hp builds that do fast high damage, it can be cured by heal, in 2vs2 there are 2 healers, needs a certain weapon when most classes can use best skills with swords.

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 2/27/2015 15:24:17 >
Post #: 42
4/6/2015 10:10:06   
santonik

After updates i see only focus bountyhunter. (i playing 33lvl and 35 lvl character)

They have ultimate strong combo. Smoke and mark of (god)blood. This need destroy or at least weaken alot. Both skills is too powerful. Wrong build get most biggest benefit in debuff. (high damager tanks)

Mark of blood is alone already gamebreaking skill. It give immortal times that time what is buff on. Smoke screen is totally too strong. Specially tank build whit good healing abilytys. Medicheal,mark of god and armor cores.

Static emp need nerf. 100% hit ratio and suited perfecly focus builds. This need too nerf. Unwanted buff ;(........ it can destoy 300 energy and gain 200 energy. This whit tank build is very powerful combination.

Why game makers hitting them head in wall. They wanted powerfull skills. But forgot game balances. Shame. They need focus game balance even more and listen players.

Epic  Post #: 43
4/6/2015 22:03:44   
.Lord Ginger.

Honestly, they just buffed bounty hunter. All people talk about is nerfing things. When they're buffed, people start talking about a nerf again, it's ridiculous. Smoke Cloud isn't that strong, all you need to do is reflex boost. Honestly, it's not that hard. Same with Malfunciton, just put up an energy shield, problem solved. Mark of Blood is a good skill, but did you forget that it takes energy? If you take their energy, they can't use it, and if they use it second turn so what? They have a low energy pool while you have a reflex boost(assuming you're blood mage). Once they EMP, just use parasite and use mark of blood yourself. And if you forgot, bludgeon is just as devastating as smoke because it's a burst damage. I'm not sure what class you are, but all classes are pretty balanced right now...
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
4/7/2015 6:05:06   
santonik

Game is too powerfuls energy controll skills/cores in this moment

every class Win matchess If they using energy controll skill or heal skills.

(NOTE this)

--- if opponent not using skill what give energy/hp --- They losing very high %.

Energy is balance own issues every class.

Even i have energy skill. I playing Mercenary. static smash. This is weak skill against boynty. because mostly boynty using 5 focus build whit strong smoke and max lvl mark of blood. (static smash is good if it make max damage to energy)

Boynty can easyly block my static smash. It is game over me. Static grenade is almoust same damage and 100% hit.

Boyntyhunter can exploit game balance this way. Using smoke screen. This make opponent armor this. destroy opponents dex stats and defence. Now opponent isnt a GOOD tank anymore. Now coming mark of (god) blood.

Many player knowing why mark of blood is op skill. mark of blood is op skill when opponent is low defence/resistance. Mark of blood alone can make immortal moments in boyntyhunter. 33% leeching per damage. It is much better than medic heal.

Or about same sum healing effect but mark of blood make damage and give rage too. medic heal took 1 turn. Static grenade is OP skill past. And now it gain same power when it is overpower. This give Boynty hunters Very easy access to energy.

STR builds need low sum energy. focus builds benefit most in this buff (S-grenade). Now Boynty gain both HP ,enrgy and really good debuff skill. (high TECH)
This combo is very dangerous in game balance and discriminate against other build. (boynty)

---This why we dont see support boyntys (only is 5 focus whit 80 support)
---This why we dont see high energy boyntys
---this why we dont see creative builds

---This why we see only high damager tanks. STR/tank or focus/tank. Both can be make heavy damage. Bigger damage is bigger healing too. Smoke screen and Mark of blood making this. favor high damagertanks. If play is both high damager and good armor it can be immortal sometimes. Opponents cant doing nothing. Because they lagging attack power or defences now. Boynty hunter is unique defence/attack abilty what isnt others classes. smoke screen. this giving alot blocks. blocks saving now very high sum HP in long run. Smoke screen debuff opponent DEX stats. I think smoke screen is same effect and almoust same damage what is Malfunction. But better benefit coming TECH stats than Support stats. Other is tank and other isnt tank. This give benefit that TECH tanks. Because they have is good defence (resistance). This why smoke screen need nerf again. it gain multiple ways benefits. (same time attack and defence) Same things is Malfuction BUT it user need using support. Support players is always already weakness to defence.

I think Mark of blood need removed and make similar skill. No anymore % leeching. % leeching make every player high damage player. wanted or not wanted. new skill need make support basic benefit skill. This give most equal game balances. Others stats is attack/defence abilty but support is lagging both. NOTE. All classes need make big changes in future.

Smoke screen and malfuntion need both remake again. Like this way the effect only defence and resistance. No anymore skills or stats. Now i see big bropblem low stats (DEX/TECH) players. Even they take very weak debuff. They lost more defence/resistance than heavy tank. Because game give more defence/resistance in low stat player than high stats player. (DEX/TECH)

If player put 10 stats dex it give. lets saying 12 more defence. If player is already 10 stats and 12 defence. Now we put 10 stats again. now it give 10 defence. Stats isnt same valuable always. (poor model)
This is 1 thing why i want take out change debuff skills
If debuff skill is DEX/TECH basic. it need much weaker than support basic. Better balance in this way. Need first think and you maybe noticed what i mean.

Game build variety is too small in this moments.perhaps 1-3 build in per class in this moment. Good balance give more builds variety. more variety is more FUN everyone. Not game makers because they have to make big works

Epic  Post #: 45
4/7/2015 8:13:38   
The berserker killer

Just return static grenades scaling back to tech
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 46
5/25/2015 12:01:14   
Rayman
Banned

BHs Seem to be doing very well after the last update, its a very High win rate class at the moment if you use 4-5 Focus builds.

Str is also working fine for BHs as well as DEX builds.

About Smoke Screen, it might need a buff just like The malf of CHs and TMs, its not used that much, maybe it is but the malf isn't at all, for TMs Only.

And Lastly Cheap Shot, its a nice skill that requires daggers but it might need a small buff so that the Dagger Hunters can get a boost, so they can have something different than all the Sword BHs out there, Not just the lucky crit that can happen or the small def ignore, something extra but that something its not on my head yet.

Its been a while since i see a focus daggers BH used, maybe adding something to cheap shot might change that.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 5/25/2015 12:04:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
5/25/2015 12:08:45   
.Lord Ginger.

No, It'll have to be a thing w/ massacre.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
5/25/2015 12:46:42   
Uchiha Sarada
Banned

Ginger Cookie:

Yes massacre needs a buff I agree with you but I also think cheap shot needs a buff to, Cheap shot can be used tactically but not massacre, massacre is just a dmg move not like surgical or supercharge, maybe do something to mass but give cheap shot a buff? just saying, dattebayo.
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/25/2015 16:40:20   
.Lord Ginger.

@Uchicha Unless you want me to call you a slang word, it's ginger. (MEANS RED HEAD!!!) And apparently, you steal dumb phrases from Naruto.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Bounty Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition