Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Tech Mage Heal loop

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage Heal loop
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/17/2014 6:26:22   
zion

There are so many energy drains that you are just incorrect. I've run many TM builds recently and right now dex TM. It gets beat by energy primary health/str builds (with MOB and/or poison) which is a huge percentage of current builds. With current balance, str and health are the strongest stats... everything you stated just lets a dex tm compete with those builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
6/17/2014 9:10:41   
lionblades

The most rampant L40 builds out there right now are the Celtic sword STR BH and Poison-Mass CH. Dex TM relies heavily on blocks and stuns to win against these builds.

If anything its not Dex TM that is OP, but rather all the STR builds rampant at L40 (I am talking about endgame balance not low levels). Strike does so much damage without any cost that STR is the way to go for most builds in 1v1. The classes with MoB/Celtic sword are best with STR. I have tried L40 STR BH and it is way more powerful than Dex TM. Dex TM is using huge luck to win against these builds (like 4-5 blocks or 2-3 stuns), and this does not happen very often (around 30% chances for both). The only build that TM can really compete with is Dex TM and 5 focus. STR TM is outclassed by all the MoB STR classes unless you are high legendary ranks (but that is different balance story).
AQW  Post #: 27
6/17/2014 9:52:59   
Mother1

@ lionblades

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21707148

This was why I made this thread to bring this up about those builds. At high levels all you have to do to other builds is wear them down till they are out of resources and then strength builds will end you there.

That was why I suggested removing the strength bonus from strike cause right now even with it being blockable, the pro's still don't balance with the cons.

Cons

1 It is blockable

Pro's

1 It can be used every turn without cooldown
2 It has no cost
3 It is the only move that has steps one and two and as well as improving with strength.

Epic  Post #: 28
6/17/2014 9:58:39   
Rui.
Banned

Problem is not strength, issue is the celtic sword. No blocks with 35 + 35 dex is broken.

Sword needs core changed to 1%

Everyone uses a celtic .... its the bane of their existance

< Message edited by Rui. -- 6/17/2014 10:00:51 >
Post #: 29
6/24/2014 15:02:09   
GearzHeadz

A buff to plasma bolt. Once plasma bolt hits a target, it will leave an affect called plasma burn, which will drain the target's energy for 20-25% of the damage dealt by plasma bolt, lasts for one turn. This is to give the move some incentive for use, because currently damage wise it is on par with strike at most levels.

Maybe an additional damage buff for this skill as well, because it is currently worse than strike in scaling... But due to tankig capabilities since it increases with tech, perhaps no boost.

< Message edited by GearzHeadz -- 6/25/2014 8:23:59 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
9/13/2014 15:06:17   
suboto

Assimilation changed from return 50% energy to 35% energy and buff the drainable energy amount would balance the move out more.
in the current set up it returns more then what it should.
Epic  Post #: 31
9/13/2014 16:00:11   
Variation

^Why would that even be needed? Tech Mage isn't overpowered with a 50% energy gain on Assimilation. The developers themselves created Assimilation's calculation to not be overpowered with a 50% energy gain, and I believe they did a fine job on it. Also keep in mind that Tech Mage is a class that is supposed to be relatively better at energy control compared to the other 5 classes, and at the time it is. Nothing is wrong with that, in fact it's intended. I could understand your suggestion if Tech Mage was broken with the 50% energy gain on Assimilation, but in its current state it isn't. Tech Mage as a class is pretty balanced and it just requires a little bit of tactical stalling to be used correctly.
Post #: 32
9/19/2014 13:05:16   
oPeaceKeeper

I personally think that TM is able to build itself as a super tank, which should never exist in a game at all. All classes should have to sacrifice some defense in order to have damage potential and vice versa. I think that if overload and/or plasma rain scaled off support, then at least they couldn't have such tanky builds with such huge damage potential. Every other class does not build the super tank as well as the TM, because they do not have the energy management of the TM nor the general kit for it.
Post #: 33
9/19/2014 13:46:32   
suboto

I agree with overload improveing with support why? because its a stun like skill that shouldnt stack with another move that improves with dex.Plus this would go greatly with chance to stun and work well with malfunction.
what about stun grenades? these are proven to be far more weaker then overload and should remain how they are since the increase in variety for tlm/ch.

Cause in the current set up for mage all u need is dex/tech and you are almost unbeatable.

I feel the staff requirement is on too many skills. theres 4 moves that require a staff.
Assimilation- i can understand this requireing a staff given because its like a added bonus for useing the class
Plasma bolt- i dont understand this requireing a staff it makes tech builds with sword for tech mage nearly useless
overload- I can understand this requireing a staff because it makes dex builds a bit more balanced
Super charge- i dont understand this requireing a staff it makes tech builds with sword for tech mage nearly useless

current builds that work for tech mage w/ sword:
str
current builds that work for tech mage w/ staff:
str
tech
dex

^
the requirement for a staff needs to be changed for either plasma bolt or super charge.

< Message edited by suboto -- 9/25/2014 18:11:22 >
Epic  Post #: 34
10/20/2014 0:41:57   
RageSoul

Here's an idea that would make Plasma Bolt more useful : make it partially scaled with % Max Energy along with Technology .

Plasma Bolt

*Description : Fires a charged-up bolt of energy , dealing Energy Damage . Deals additional 7% damage based on enemy's max Energy .

*Energy Cost : 18% Max Energy ( +2 % per level after level 1 )

*Weapon Requirement : Staff

Damage Progressions :

Level 1 : 205% Technology + 33% Max Energy
Level 2 : 210% Technology + 36% Max Energy
Level 3 : 215% Technology + 39% Max Energy
Level 4 : 220% Technology + 41% Max Energy
Level 5 : 225% Technology + 43% Max Energy
Level 6 : 230% Technology + 45% Max Energy
Level 7 : 235% Technology + 47% Max Energy
Level 8 : 240% Technology + 48% Max Energy
Level 9 : 245% Technology + 49% Max Energy
Level 10 : 250% Technology + 50% Max Energy

*For some tradeoff , sacrifice more TECH or more stats for EP as damage / utility or get uber tanky but damage is not so great ?

< Message edited by RageSoul -- 10/20/2014 0:44:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/2/2015 23:45:52   
Thylek Shran

Fire Scythe revamp

Add a fixed 25% critical chance to Fire Scythe (TM skill) as Tech Mages miss
a critical chance skill (beside TaM) and desire a little buff. Because of the extra
feature the energy cost has to be increased by about 20%. Atm its 130-310 EP
so it should be 160-370.

Also make Fire Scythe independant to stats so that every build could make use
of it and not only strenght builds. Atm Fire Scythe does improve with strenght
which is not included into the skill description.

I want to remind that Fire Scythe replaced Deadly Aim which was helpfull to all
mage builds in the past. Blood Mages received the very powerfull Energy Parasite
while TMs received the weak Fire Scythe. One of the reasons why TMs are so
weak now while BMs are on the top of the classes.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 2/3/2015 9:23:45 >
DF Epic  Post #: 36
2/2/2015 23:54:23   
The Jop

TMs aren't really considered weak anymore, after the buffs to battery backup and frenzy.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/3/2015 3:21:50   
Satafou

Because TM's have frenzy lol...
Post #: 38
2/3/2015 7:44:25   
Mother1

Frenzy is a TLM merc move not a TM move.
Epic  Post #: 39
2/3/2015 16:11:15   
Rayman
Banned

Jop TM Is Tech Mage and TLM is Tac merc this is a TM Thread.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/3/2015 16:25:56   
The Jop

Oh, my mistake. I said that before it was moved to this thread, but either way I got the abbreviation wrong.

It's not a great abbreviation though. I mean it would be T.M. just like Tech Mage as an acronym. It's not TacticaL Mercenary. How about Tact?

< Message edited by The Jop -- 2/3/2015 16:32:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/3/2015 17:37:28   
Rayman
Banned

We Have always used TLM Since the new classes came out back in delta, I dont think you will be able to change the way we say it for everyone thought.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/3/2015 21:57:38   
Thylek Shran

quote:

TMs aren't really considered weak anymore, after the buffs to battery backup and frenzy.

Battery Backup got nerfed several times while Frenzy received a heavy buff recently.
Tech Mage (TM) is the class that received the most nerfs since Omega which reduced build options alot:
Deadly Aim got replaced by Fire Scythe, Plasma Bolt got nerfed several times,
Overload got nerfed several times, Battery Backup got nerfed several times and
Assimilation got also nerfed I think. Also support and deflection got nerfed which
I consider also as nerfs especially to TM as this class has pretty much skills that
improve with support and was able to make good 5 focus builds that rely on ranged
attacks (deflection). The most other classes received buffs instead.
DF Epic  Post #: 43
7/19/2015 11:36:42   
Stonehawk

@suboto

quote:

I agree with overload improveing with support why? because its a stun like skill that shouldnt stack with another move that improves with dex.Plus this would go greatly with chance to stun and work well with malfunction.
what about stun grenades? these are proven to be far more weaker then overload and should remain how they are since the increase in variety for tlm/ch.

Cause in the current set up for mage all u need is dex/tech and you are almost unbeatable.

I feel the staff requirement is on too many skills. theres 4 moves that require a staff.
Assimilation- i can understand this requireing a staff given because its like a added bonus for useing the class
Plasma bolt- i dont understand this requireing a staff it makes tech builds with sword for tech mage nearly useless
overload- I can understand this requireing a staff because it makes dex builds a bit more balanced
Super charge- i dont understand this requireing a staff it makes tech builds with sword for tech mage nearly useless

current builds that work for tech mage w/ sword:
str
current builds that work for tech mage w/ staff:
str
tech
dex

^
the requirement for a staff needs to be changed for either plasma bolt or super charge.

Now I see where the change on overload come from.

But let's consider some parts of this:

1-
quote:

I agree with overload improveing with support why? because its a stun like skill that shouldnt stack with another move that improves with dex. Plus this would go greatly with chance to stun and work well with malfunction.

Okay, your suggestion worked. But let's consider that cyber hunters doesn't have stun grenade. And stun grenades still go well for BHs because it works well with smokescreen, if you want to compare.

2-
quote:

Then I guess the weapon requirement should be removed now? If you suggested to change to support and justified the staff requirement to balance it as a dex skill, then I guess the requirement is not needed anymore.

3-
quote:

The only thing I actually agreed wasn't even considered.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/19/2015 11:41:49   
nowras

Lmao the game listened to the worst suggestion that's actually sad...
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
7/19/2015 15:35:28   
  Exploding Penguin

It's not necessarily the worst suggestion but the devs implemented it all wrong. The fact that a stat which is almost 100% based off of random luck already makes it very tricky to play with skills that scale with it. Either the damage is too low for support builds, too high and completely unfair especially if the skill crits, too low for any other build to use aside from support builds, or too high for builds that aren't even support builds. The stat itself should probably get some changes to address this flaw because a lot of potential is hidden in skills whose damage improves with support rather than exclusively buffs/debuffs scaling with the stat but with the way support currently is damage skills which scale with the stat are crazy hard to balance.
Epic  Post #: 46
7/27/2015 16:49:06   
.Lord Ginger.

It was the worst suggestion, tbh.

Honestly tho...
Plasma rain back to tech, super back to dex... 3 time warmup, 320 energy on 1
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
7/27/2015 18:30:29   
Stonehawk

quote:

It was the worst suggestion, tbh.

I think technician with support makes more sense. I'll talk about it below.

quote:

Plasma rain back to tech, super back to dex... 3 time warmup, 320 energy on 1

I agree with plasma rain improving with technology too, I care about the combination of a good balance and animation, and Plasma rain and plasma bolt are really similar to me. But in your suggestion, should overload remain on support or change back to dex? I don't understand.

Anyway, taking some of your suggestion, how about:
Technician improving with support, Overload back to dex, plasma rain with technology, Super Charge with dexterity? Stun is already strongly nerfed, and super charge is not as spammable as the combination of plasma rain + overload, so I think it wouldn't bring an OP dexterity build, specially if technician with support is implemented. ALSO tech will have a skill that can be used with a sword.
Technician is the only defensive skill that improves with a defensive stat, that's probably the biggest problem (I've already said that ages ago) and the devs are changing everything else trying to fix this class. I'm pretty sure Dex Builds would have problems if technician worked like all buffing skills (improving with support) and overload wouldn't even need to be changed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/15/2015 4:42:22   
santonik

Techmage ASSIMILATION need big nerf. (specially str builds)

Now today i play mercenary (support build)

I see something what i dont ever seen before.

Techmage making me double nerf my defences (malf and armor annihilator) i have only 20 resisntante. High str techmage doing over 480 damage to me and destroy about 265 energy to me.

Seriously i think STR scaling is too good in that assimilation.

It need removed or nerf Much stronger. Maybe half STR damage what is it today version is. Basically 2 STR stats give 1 energy damage point.

Assimilation need nerf STR damage too. 85% damage is deadly every low defence players. Specially HIGH STR players using this balance hole to them advantages. Maybe Assimilation need doing only 75% damage.

Dont forgot Techmages is still battery.
Epic  Post #: 49
12/15/2015 8:27:56   
The berserker killer

SO you want to nerf a class because your build doesn't work? I guess that's how forums have been working while I was way
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Tech Mage Heal loop
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition