Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/26/2014 7:38:35   
Variation

@santonik: Even with all of their unblockables the class isn't even close to being overpowered. However, they could make static charge blockable, but the effect unblockable. That could prevent Cyber Hunters from getting too much advantage from base dexterity builds. Honestly though I don't feel like that nerf is needed. I and the people I play with have absolutely no trouble against base dexterity Cyber Hunters, so why should they be nerfed? They can't use an unblockable every round, and even their gun/aux are prone to deflects because their tech is also low.

< Message edited by Variation -- 5/26/2014 7:39:14 >
Post #: 51
5/27/2014 4:12:54   
zion

Both Static charge and poison should be blockable - its just a regular strike and the effects, which are unblockable, are very strong.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
5/27/2014 14:30:34   
GearzHeadz

Well static charge is relative to defense for its effect but poison is only at 85% damage. But I could of swore venom strike was block able but the effect wasn't.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 53
5/27/2014 19:45:30   
Dual Thrusters

Yes poison is blockable. Happened to me quite a few times.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/27/2014 23:25:23   
GearzHeadz

Yeah... I'm a CH and whenever I use venom strike in a build it gets blocked.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
5/28/2014 11:09:15   
Variation

Actually Venom Strike is unblockable. I also honestly believe it should stay that way considering Toxic Grenade does 85% unblockable damage. In fact, I believe that's the reason why the developers made Venom Strike unblockable in the first place. Cyber Hunters aren't overpowered at all even with two primary skills that are unblockable, so they shouldn't be nerfed. Static Charge can't be raged/critted, so it has no counter to shields. Venom Strike has a damage penalty like Toxic Grenade.

I'm not even a Cyber Hunter, I just hate seeing classes receive nerfs that aren't even needed.

@zion: maybe if you weren't playing as a dexterity mage those skills being unblockable wouldn't matter so much :P. Dexterity mages rely on blocks to win so of course any unblockable skills would be a threat to them.

Every build I have used so far has never lost to a Cyber Hunter build that only worked by exploiting their unblockable skills. As I've stated before all of the people I play with also have no trouble at all against Cyber Hunter builds that try to win by exploiting unblockables.

< Message edited by Variation -- 5/28/2014 14:42:20 >
Post #: 56
5/28/2014 13:28:33   
lionblades

Yep Venom Strike is unblockable
AQW  Post #: 57
5/28/2014 13:40:45   
GearzHeadz

Guess I hadn't used it in a while. Swear it was block able... Oh well. It's still only 85% damage.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
5/28/2014 13:53:27   
Rui.
Banned

Cyber hunter is the only class with no build varsility. Reasons below.

1. If you go 5 focus u get bavk 90 to 100 energy back using a sword... Pointless.
2. If your 5 focus and loose your energy ur done for cause u have a physical armour and possibly cant get energy back..
3. Dex build.. Pointless... I can multi onfce and then i am doomed. Cause point #1 .. Cant get energy back with constant drains.
4. Support build.. Good luck with this. Plasma sheild works only when u have tech. So if u get malfed ur doomed.
5. Strength build.. Only viable option.. Static gives back 140 tp 170 back with a sword and over 100 strength invested. So yeah u can heal once. However strength plays with dex so unblockable static is a downfall cause i cant crit or rage with it...
6. Massacare build... My defences are low.. If u get a mark from a hunter or mage thats an instant loss cause they get 32% of the heal back .. thats 32% of 1400 odd hp. Cyber needs a buff. Something with burst damage. Perhaps make venom blockable and cheap unblockable.. Option 2 .. Change shadow arts to do the thorns effect... 32% of all damage received will be returned back to player for 4 turns. or 50% fpr 3 turns..If you think unblockables are awesome.. Change class and lemme know how it works out... I am a cyber and its just boring.

< Message edited by Rui. -- 5/28/2014 14:03:17 >
Post #: 59
5/28/2014 14:16:13   
Drianx

Main issue with CH is they have no synergy between the actives that replaced the passives. They actually have an anti-syngery.

If a CH that used both Plasma Armor and Shadow Arts one after the other during the same fight - which is highly unlikely - he might end up being critted for a damage that ignores both skills' defenses at the same time.

Even worse, a CH wastes two turns activating two defensive skills and ends up getting no rage for it, while an attacking opponent gets rage for both attacks that he issues during that time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
5/31/2014 2:26:01   
GearzHeadz

But seriously devs. Plasma nade. Can you fix that or what? It's the same skill as stun grenade but you pay 30 more energy for 10 more damage. Just make it the same as stun grenade but with energy damage... It's the worst stun move in game.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/3/2014 17:29:22   
The berserker killer

Get rid of the third shield, Shadow Arts, and tack on Plasma Cannon. This will help Cyber Hunters, a TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED CLASS, be able to tank Technology and have an actual impact in the game. Something that RIVALS dex mages and COMPLETELY shuts them down Think about it.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 62
6/3/2014 19:00:37   
Dual Thrusters

This is just an idea, but how about we give Plasma Nade the exact same copy as Plasma Cannon, but with a 10% stun chance instead of a crit chance? That would make it so it is still like a Hunter-themed move.

And shadow arts could just be replaced with something else. Like maybe the ability to lower your opponent's active buffs or something.

< Message edited by Dual Thrusters -- 6/3/2014 21:12:50 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
6/8/2014 13:18:20   
Bagofbricks

This class really needs a boost to malfunction, and so do all of the other defense lowering skills on every class to be honest. Having a maxed out or high level malfunction that can be countered, or even have the target shield more than you lower by using their level one skill is just completely ridiculous.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
6/14/2014 23:10:23   
dark shades

I really thing the mass massacre poison build needs a hit. Perhaps give poison a longer cool down?
And for the rest of the class (if passives aren't coming back) I think static charge should go back to how it was, or be buffed.
Post #: 65
6/15/2014 1:39:39   
The berserker killer

I can't lie, 2 unblockables is crazy. However that only works with one type of build. I think the type of buff this class needs is moves that scales with technology and at least one physical move.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 66
6/24/2014 15:50:41   
Combatoid

I partially agree that Poison should be unblockable as it does less damage than strike, but I'd like to see Static return to it's initial nature that it gives the same amount of energy each turn. The reason why most people don't choose CH anymore is because it's too unreliable and the energy return on static frankly isn't enough.
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
7/14/2014 22:59:27   
kittycat

I believe that Static Charge should have a set amount of energy in addition to the drain. Instead of the energy gain based on 100% of the conversion, it should be 75 + the conversion at a lower rate.

E.x.: Your max damage is 500-540. Your opponent's resistance is 300-360. The damage range is 140-240, and with 70% conversion, u get only 98 to 168 energy maximum.
Instead, to honor the non-strength builds, reduce the scaling from 40%-70% to 35%-65%, plus an additional amount.

If that happens, then instead of gaining only 98-168, you gain 91-156 + An additional amount, let's say 50. It would be 141-206. Wouldn't that be nice?
AQ MQ  Post #: 68
7/14/2014 23:27:26   
DanniiBoiixD

^Maybe that amount should scale by how many skill points put into static.
AQW Epic  Post #: 69
7/15/2014 7:43:55   
theholyfighter

How about Static Charge works like Mark of Blood. without a cost? That may sort of compensate the cost EMP Grenade needs(Only energy draining move that requires.you to spend energy……)
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
7/15/2014 9:52:26   
thewestloner1234

How about put a mark of blood to CH!
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 71
7/15/2014 12:02:01   
Rayman
Banned

West, How about No? That Doesnt make any sense for the class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
7/15/2014 17:21:15   
GearzHeadz

@theholyfighter
Well atom smash requires energy too, but that class has battery.

I do agree this class needs more viable health and energy sources. It is the only class that depends on damage for energy and the only class with only 1 available source of health. As for how to go about this, I'm still not any final ideas, but I do like the idea of making field medic off the skill tree, that way we could get some way to fill the tree without changing some skills.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
7/24/2014 19:39:33   
kittycat

I think Cyber Hunters should be able to obtain some lifesteal through Static Charge, in addition to their energy gain
AQ MQ  Post #: 74
7/24/2014 23:00:12   
GearzHeadz

I made a suggestion for that too, but that totally just destroys the whole purpose of frenzy so TLMs would want frenzy to be made free if that were to happen.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 9«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition