Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2015 23:31:03   
RaXZerGamingZ

@xendran , energy added is based on the armor of the apponent ? bro, if a cyber hunter fights a support build it will pretty much loose as static charge will have an extremely low effect

static charge idea : does 105% damage , if blocks rage will be added , if doesnt block no rage will be gained

also what i think the devs were going for was this : malfunction > energy stun grenade > multi shot . but ED changed aton since then and now everything is counterable because every class can get energy back so using a shield isnt all that much of a waist anymore because you can get the energy back , and physical damage is only executable from bot , gun , bazooka and primary but you cant have all physical so thats an issue , what i think is that the class needs a full revamp , it was good in other stages because it could get mana back and had a passive shield

Posts merged. Please do not double-post, let alone triple, as to avoid cluttering. Please use the edit button instead if you want give new information to your post. ~Caststarter

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 8/22/2015 0:43:37 >
Post #: 176
8/24/2015 1:52:01   
RaXZerGamingZ

@shadow.bane cant do 400 damage with massacre ? well i think you will regret what you said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKQAHql-iOI
Post #: 177
8/24/2015 11:34:55   
shadow.bane

u need to invest a lot of strength to be able to do same damage as low skill surgical and super charge .
AQW Epic  Post #: 178
8/24/2015 19:21:36   
DELTA BEING

(my opinions) problems with cyber hunter:

-static charge, not the most efficient energy-gaining skill

-most of its offensive skills require wrist blades

-some of its skills are practically useless and boring

conclusion: cyber hunter feels too much of a defensive class with barely any offense and an unsustainable amount of energy gain (for sword users at least)
Epic  Post #: 179
8/24/2015 21:25:24   
Mother1

@ Delta Being

That is because like Tactical Merc was before the passive to active change Cyber hunter is a tank class. While it can run a glass cannon build with max massacre it was originally meant to be a tank class not a full out offensive one like Blood mage used to be.
Epic  Post #: 180
8/24/2015 22:58:40   
DELTA BEING

@ Mother1

i'm not saying cyber hunter needs to be a full out offensive class, what i'm trying to point out is that cyber hunter is a broken tank with no guns
Epic  Post #: 181
8/24/2015 23:28:25   
Daph Duck

Cyber hunter is perfectly fine, it's just that most players whine about it because it has no "cannon" skill and they don't want to come up with an actual strategy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 182
8/25/2015 0:21:32   
DELTA BEING

@ Daph Duck

cyber hunter just seems to not have as much build diversity, or offer much options in battle or anything special
Epic  Post #: 183
8/25/2015 6:02:19   
RaXZerGamingZ

cyber doesnt gain all that much from static charge and then its energy stealing move costs energy aswel wich is what should be changed , or just let every class have the same energy gaining move(s) as its normal one , like bloodmage has battery and assimilation , TLM has static smash , CH has static grenade , i think that would work
Post #: 184
8/25/2015 19:35:24   
DELTA BEING

I don't think that is a very good idea since that will only destroy the class diversity
Epic  Post #: 185
4/24/2016 19:52:13   
GodOfTechno

cyber hunters emp is way over powered only requiring 180 energy maxed out taking over 500 energy and recharging in only 3 turns. This skill needs a debuff not more energy manipulation.
Epic  Post #: 186
4/24/2016 20:08:14   
Altador987

emp is one of the only things keeping cyber hunter alive at all. none of the classes skills work all that well as far as synergy and it's not like static charge gives 300+ mp even with a maxed support build so using emp doesn't go without risk
AQW Epic  Post #: 187
4/24/2016 20:11:20   
GodOfTechno

its a low energy skill that takes a lot of energy and recharges before a player can use an energy gain ability.
Epic  Post #: 188
4/24/2016 20:17:20   
Altador987

i'm aware of what it does, i'm also aware that if you use static charge and max emp right after you'll have little over 100 mp at best assuming your opponent has not done anything to counter the charge, not to mention a cyber hunter without mp is either useless or left to rely on a bot/luck
AQW Epic  Post #: 189
4/24/2016 20:21:06   
GodOfTechno

I don't think it should be able to drain almost double the max capable to gain.
Epic  Post #: 190
4/24/2016 20:25:11   
Altador987

you're arguing a skill based on what it posssibly can do without considering the reality of whether it would be useful at that point because while it may be able to do that (debatable), the amount of tech that would take would leave the build very vulnerable and the stun grenade is decent but it's not amazing to the point where that's gonna win a match.
AQW Epic  Post #: 191
4/24/2016 20:36:22   
GodOfTechno

if your not using a full tech build for that plasma and emp with high res I don't know what to tell you but good luck. lol
Epic  Post #: 192
4/24/2016 20:39:08   
Altador987

i don't use a full emp it's not really worth the mp, however you also prove a point i'm trying to make in that high tech/res build is currently the only thing that sorta halfway works for cyber hunters currently. hence the point of arguing your statement in order to preserve what little skills do work for the class...
AQW Epic  Post #: 193
4/25/2016 2:08:04   
  Kokujoe

**Please Note: I had the displeasure of deleting some of the posts that were made recently. While offering feedback and balance suggestions in these class specific threads, be a little bit open-minded to give/receive constructive criticism without resorting to downright accusations. Give fair justifications as to why you think some of the suggestions will/won't work in the current meta. Keep it civil folks, we're all present here to communicate ideas effectively!

~Kokujoe
Archknight
Post #: 194
11/21/2016 16:59:42   
Stonehawk

@DELTA BEING
quote:

conclusion: cyber hunter feels too much of a defensive class with barely any offense and an unsustainable amount of energy gain (for sword users at least)

Yeah, and a defensive-only class without any health gaining skill can't live much, since ALL other classes can regain health with some skills. Check it out.

- Tactical Mercenary: Surgical Strike, Frenzy
- Mercenary: Blood Commander
- Tech mage: Super Charge
- Blood mage: Mark of blood, Super Charge
- Bounty hunter: Mark of blood
- CYBER HUNTER: ONLY HEAL???

That's it. Defensive class without any "cannon skill" and lifestealing skill. The only "good" thing is the energy manipulation, so nerfing EMP can't be considered, in my opinion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 195
11/25/2016 10:14:39   
.Lord Ginger.

Cyber used to be good when the PASSIVE gave it resistance, when STATIC wasn't awful(like it is now for offensive builds, it's rageable and blockable and does 85% damage, is that a joke?!?!?!!? Bring back my STR CYBER build), when massacre wasn't nerfed to where it is trash now. And also back to when EMP grenade was better for strength builds before they nerfed that too. They nerfed EMP, Nerfed Static, Nerfed Massacre, Nerfed plasma armor, basically a 101 on how to run a str buld(maybe emp being a sort of exception, but I used it a lot as a STR cyber).

Long story short: Healing isn't the reason why cyber is bad. Cyber is bad because of the nerfs that they gave to the good class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 196
11/26/2016 7:51:07   
Stonehawk

@Lord Ginger

I know. They nerfed a killing machine that couldn't regain health to a defensive class that can't regain health. If you can only defend (no offensive skills) and you can't regain health, all you can do is being annoying until they find a hole on your build to kill you.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
11/28/2016 6:24:04   
Front45

I am Cyber Hunter and i think it is unbalanced class, because

you can not play with dex build, because stun grenade improve with technology
cyber hunters does not have heal skill, i mean as frenzy, as surgical strike, as supercharge, as mark of blood and etc
cyber hunters does not have intimidate
cyber hunters does not have physical attack skill, even no Bludgeon

just EMP is good, but only if you have 80+ resistance and maxx level EMP. example i had 8 level on EMP and steal 460 energy about. but it is only steal, no drain energy and it requires 160-180 energy to use
Post #: 198
11/28/2016 17:42:08   
.Lord Ginger.

Cyber hunter was good when strength was viable, and I doubt that you would agree what I said said, @Front45.
AQW Epic  Post #: 199
11/30/2016 6:16:27   
Stonehawk

I had a great idea for CH: How about replacing Cheap Shot with Frenzy for CH? Having 2 energy recovering option is not OP since Tactical Mercenary also does and tech mage aswell, and having a health recovering option is not OP for cyber hunter either. Cheap shot is currently useless for CH, while for Bounties it can be useful for Strength builds because of Mark of Blood.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 8 of 9«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition