Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/30/2016 14:20:34   
Mother1

@ Stonehawk

While I can see where you are going, it would actually be better if they got a brand new move that would do something like this rather than getting a shared move. Shared moves are very nasty seeing as they come with the oh so wonderful added effect of giving unjustified buffs/nerfs to classes that are ok with the move if another becomes over/underpowered with it.

Like for example when TM was OP with plasma rain with technology while BM was just fine with this and it was switched to Dexeterity. The end result of this was BM also receiving an unneeded nerf because TM was OP with a move that BM share. Then there was the issue when Blood mages needed a buff due to underperforming in early omega so the staff choose to buff Bloodlust which in turn gave bounty hunter an unneeded buff seeing as unlike their share move counterpart it was doing just fine which in turn Overpowered the class. This in turn lead to an update that gave both classes a slight nerf with blood lust to fix this, but overall Bounty hunter still gained a slight buff it didn't need, and Blood mage had to get only half of said buff due to Bounty hunter sharing a skill with it.

Now back to the original point. While I can agree that Cyber hunter could use a new move to replace cheap shot, a shared moved with anot her class isn't the best due to possible future issues that can give classes unneeded buffs or nerfs due to having the same moves as others.
Epic  Post #: 201
11/30/2016 17:25:09   
Stonehawk

DO you think they would just make a brand new skill anytime soon? Design, description, effects in battle, requirements... It's so much to think when making a new skill. If they ever think about a new skill for CH, they would make unique skills for each class just to avoid those balance problems you just mentioned.

For example:
multi-shot draining health for CH, normal multi-shot for BH, because it already has mark of blood.
Plasma rain with tech for BM and another kind of plasma rain improving with dex for Tech Mages.
Surgical Strike that drains health for TLM and costs energy, and one that drains energy but costs health for Mercenaires.

They are random and probably utopic examples, just to show you it IS possible to think of unique skills for each class. But why did they repeat skills that belonged to the first 3 classes when they came up with 3 more classes? It's simple: It needs a lot of work to make new skills.

All I'm trying is to give the solution with something that already exists, easier solution. I never seen a new skill being created in a long time. Even new skill-cores rarely come up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 202
12/1/2016 3:10:48   
Satafou

Or rather the devs are just lazy when it comes to long term development for Epicduel. If you really think about it, this game been around for over 7 years. There has been countless opportunities within that time frame in which they could of added new skills, but choose not to.
Post #: 203
12/1/2016 12:17:57   
Xendran

New skills really should have been the core driver of content updates throughout the years.
This is how CCGs and MMOs stay engaging over long periods of time: Expansions of new cards, new skills, and new classes.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 204
12/3/2016 11:10:40   
sodeska

Please change venom strike to toxic grenade, cyber hunter is generaly use sword and venom strike cannot be used with sword.
Post #: 205
12/13/2016 14:55:19   
Alphaeus

I would also agree that CH should have more non-wristblade dependent skills.

That would be my suggestion. I rarely see CHs that use wristblades, thus making a large number of skills useless for them.
Post #: 206
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Cyber Hunter Balance Discussion Thread
Page 9 of 9«<56789
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition