Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 11«<7891011
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/4/2015 10:57:06   
thebestmerc000

Well if you read my previous post I said I would discuss each skill in depth, and that is exactly what I did. Your other point is true though, I can't judge the whole class by each individual skill, however I said 7 out of 9 skills aren't functioning properly. With that said, if they can't work properly individually, how do you expect them to work together as a whole? Also, its apparent "gem" already has its own problems so that makes the class even worse.

Yes 5 focus bm is exactly what I'm using right now. I dont have a 85-90% win rate like you, but I use it to get by for now. However, like you said, the whole class is relying on one build. For active people like me, using one build over and over again gets very boring. Plus, smarter players can easily develop counters to that build.
I dont think that 42 support requirement is the only issue. The 2 turn gap in which your opponent can do anything with their energy is the real problem. The most common class is tactical merc and tech mage. They battery+ frenzy and battery+ assim make parasite look like a joke. Not only that, but if a bounty statics and god forbid a cyber emp's, your finished. They really need to decrease the cooldown and increase the % for parasite because it just can't compete with the other classes (in terms of energy viability at least)

Posts Merged. Please use the edit button if you want to add to your post. ~Caststarter

< Message edited by Caststarter -- 8/4/2015 11:24:47 >
Post #: 251
8/4/2015 12:41:40   
.Lord Ginger.

% is fine, decrease the cooldown. 90% ratio darkwing... I'd wanna battle ya in game I hate the storing energy tactic... IA, Aux MOB, Parasite, rage cannon... that may be the way to go though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 252
8/4/2015 12:52:55   
  Exploding Penguin

It NEEDS to be 2 turns long only unless the drain is significantly lower because 3 turns is ridiculously oppressive and just shuts down a ton of builds by existing, moreso than it already currently does.
Epic  Post #: 253
8/4/2015 16:10:39   
thebestmerc000

The only builds it "shuts down" are long mp builds. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S THE POINT OF THE SKILL. It's suppose to counter long mp builds. With it being 2 turns long it no longer does that. Just recently, I fought a cyber with like 700-900 mp. With the current parasite I wasn't able to stop him from doing massacre (or poison) where as if the old parasite was still in affect ( the 3 turn one) I could have. It's not just cybers, like mentioned previously tech's and tacts with their battery can also bypass parasite. Battery gives 358 and after 2 turns the enemy still has a good 200 or so to heal. This is without adding frenzy or assim. I don't know what you mean by , "moreso than it already currently does", because as of right now, unless your a npc with 10000 mp, you wont have to worry about parasite.
Post #: 254
8/4/2015 16:32:07   
  Exploding Penguin

The skill is meant more for regenerating energy rather than draining it. The drain is just more of an afterthought which does have some effect, but the recovery is fairly strong when used right. The only problem is BM literally has no skills where they would need energy aside from mark of blood mainly since all of their skills either cost too much energy to have any effect (aside from bludgeon) or don't cost enough. Energy parasite is a LOT better for recovering energy but that's not what the class needs, the class needs a stronger drain given the rest of its kit.
Epic  Post #: 255
8/4/2015 16:37:59   
Mother1

@ Thebestmerc000

Even base energy builds were hurting thanks to energy parasite. If you wanted to use an ultimate skill while fighting a blood mage good luck with that because energy parasite made it nearly impossible for anyone to use it due to the way it worked unless you were using a low level ultimate such as level 1 surgical strike.

Even builds that would normally counter blood mages back then were crippled due to the leeching effect of this move. Not to mention the 1 turn window to use any energy gaining moves really crippled many players.

Why do you think so many people were Blood mages back then? They had a very flexable skill tree and with energy parasite they could shut down 70-80% of builds unless of course you were a strength build or a build that didn't rely on energy.
Epic  Post #: 256
8/4/2015 18:19:11   
.Lord Ginger.

Well now it sucks and needs a fix. Notice how The most popular classes are
TM
TLM
BH
BM
CH
MERC

Merc got trashed at recent nerf, CH is too damn slow, and BM parasite is so awful, it's pathetic.
AQW Epic  Post #: 257
8/4/2015 20:40:25   
  Exploding Penguin

in terms of nerfs BM really only had 2 significant ones over the past while:

1. parasite nerf
2. strength nerf which indirectly devalued intimidate

If directly nerfing 1 skill left the class completely trashed then I think there's a problem with the other skills too.
Epic  Post #: 258
8/5/2015 8:22:58   
Darkwing

^ Not to forget overlord.

Even before the class wasn't able rto make a dex build as good as TM.

There's also the fact that BM din't have much reasons to use a staff anyway, overlord nerf give even less reasons to use staff now.

Fireball buff is small and no real reason to use a staff for it.
Post #: 259
8/5/2015 9:22:14   
.Lord Ginger.

Once many people ran away from BM, it was obvious that the nerf was strong, but no, they wait 3 months after a nerf to do something. Massacre still sucks...So does parasite... do they even care anymore? Merc got the unneeded nerf of a lifetime to an already weak static smash... The energy skill does cripple a class... without static grenade...I'd still have a higher % to win than a BM without para.
AQW Epic  Post #: 260
8/5/2015 12:28:54   
thebestmerc000

Yes mother you definitely have a good point. Parasite back then was a bit too strong. However, nerfing it to 2 turns either solved the problem, or solved it a little too well. I agree with the latter beccause now parasite is so weak that it cannot even be considerate a threat.

The argument you and most other people are making that it shuts down most builds. That may have been the case back then, but not in this day and age. If you go into battle now a days, you will either see a a 5 focus 750 hp build with 630 energy(Basically no points into hp or energy), or a high hp str build. The reason why people don't invest point into energy is not because there afraid of parasite, its because most players are interested in increasing their defenses or their health (depending on the build).

As of right now, you can't blame parasite for shutting down builds. It's just unfair because it's to weak to uphold that accusation.

Yes exploding duck I mean penguin, I agree that it needs to drain more. Compared to other classes its drain is not enough. You also forgot the nerf to cannon (20% to 10%) and overload (lighting improving with support, who would have thought).
Post #: 261
8/5/2015 12:40:59   
.Lord Ginger.

The parasite problem was not solved with the nerf. It went from decent to garbage. That's not a fix, it's a travesty
AQW Epic  Post #: 262
8/5/2015 13:58:13   
  Exploding Penguin

Forgot the nerf to cannon. The overload one was intentionally left out in my post because the skill was initially useless on the class anyways.

To fix parasite, just make it so that while active, if an enemy recovers energy 35% of that energy recovered instead goes to BM at a 1.5x conversion rate or something.
Epic  Post #: 263
8/6/2015 8:51:06   
.Lord Ginger.

So, just wait the normal 2 turns and parasite still sucks

Do 3 cooldown. You have to sacrifice a move to do para instead, cannon, aux, robot, heal, mob...

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 8/6/2015 8:53:58 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 264
8/7/2015 12:37:48   
.Lord Ginger.

BM NEEDS ENERGY BUFF!!!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 265
8/8/2015 9:46:17   
Stonehawk

Parasite needs either lower cooldown or higher minimum energy recovering from 10 to 30 or 50 because its effect never gives enough energy unless opponent has really high energy, which is pretty rare, since all classes can get energy back and there's almost no reason to make energy pool high. The minimum energy is enough unless you want to do a weird build for fun. Increasing max energy only gives energy, who would invest high in it if everyone can recover energy and invest in points that have better effects in battle?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
8/8/2015 10:11:54   
Mother1

@ Stonehawk

It is because energy parasite exists period that those who used those's kinds of builds stopped doing so. It completely destroyed all high energy builds which many people complained about IIRC. Before energy parasite existed I used to see a lot more people investing in energy for some crazy builds but as I pointed out Energy parasite existing period has made people not what to use them. The only build I see using anywhere near high energy is the glass cannon cyber hunter with massacre poison build now.
Epic  Post #: 267
8/8/2015 11:37:02   
.Lord Ginger.

But parasite still sucks
AQW Epic  Post #: 268
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 11«<7891011
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition