Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 11«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/12/2014 12:47:38   
Mother1

Since Energy parasite gained the 85% damage rate that many pushed for, the majority of what I see now is focus 4 - focus 5 strength strike BM's using energy parasite as not only an extra damage outlet but a way to loop their skills.

Worse to wear Energy parasite as I pointed out before is a free unblockable hit meaning grantee damage unlike Assimilation which is blockable.

@ The Berserker killer

Blood commander's effect can be nerfed with Heart attack, and Azreal's torment unlike mark of blood. Plus Merc's don't have any free unblockable moves on their skill tree like Blood mage does with energy parasite.

While the effect should remain unblockable the attack should be blockable.
Epic  Post #: 126
8/12/2014 18:27:05   
GearzHeadz

I agree. Make the skill blockable, the effect not. And I still do not count Heart Attack or Azrael's torment as counters, as they are items, and people shouldn't have to buy items to play.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 127
8/13/2014 0:24:02   
The berserker killer

That's the equivalent of saying "Blood commander is blockable and at its weakest for one season out of the year". Sure make it blockable, it should be just as blockable as assimilation.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 128
8/13/2014 0:55:54   
Mother1

@ the Berseker killer

That was what I suggested in the first place. It was originally unblockable because it did a fixed amount of damage of 50 which is hardly anything. But now that it is doing 85% damage which I pointed out would lead it to being used by strength builds, the move is now being used as a free unblockable hit as long as you have energy.
Epic  Post #: 129
8/13/2014 15:32:39   
santonik

Parasite and Mark_of_blood combo is really hard.

Let's think now how much of the benefits of this will be.

This gives a lot of HP to back. This gives the energy as well. between an excessive amount of.
HP is an attack / defense dependent. Energy is the only energy pool to catch and its presence of energy.

These together make the game feel oddly unbalanced. Another gets HP and energy. The other player gets nothing. Which one will win? Of course, BLOODMAGE.

I strongly believe that both skills should take a closer look.

Mark_of (GOD) _blood would appear to give unreasonably large benefits. especially in high-damage to players. 2vs2, and in particular games. This skill doubles. yes doubles.

1vs1 battle that goes like this (mark of blood)
Round 1: strike (Gaining HP back)
Round 2: attack something (Gaining HP back)
Round 3: something attack (Gaining HP back)
Round 4: something attack (Gaining HP back)

2vs2 battle that goes like this (mark of blood) (A and B players is same team)
A player round 1: strike (Gaining HP back)
Player B Round 1: something attack (Gaining HP back)
A player round 2: attack something (Gaining HP back)
B player round 2: attack something (Gaining HP back)
A player round 3: something attack (Gaining HP back)
B player round 3: something attack (Gaining HP back)
A player round 4: something attack (Gaining HP back)
B player round 4: something attack (Gaining HP back)

This need cost more here in 2vs2. Although the same way as multi attakcs.
This skill should not detract from the current level. one way or another.

PARASITE. (Skill of which I do not like at all.)

This is due to this issue. This is a pure% damage energy. This can not be counter to play a semi / high energy build in this game.

semi / high energy build: This is dependent on energy.

Bloodmage. It is generally not dependent on energy.
in my view, it is crazy to look at when bloodmage makes PARASITE's
And get exorbitant amounts of energy back. (over time)
One of skill (PARASITE) ruining the balance again in this game.

Some might say that it is under-powered. does not exist. I dare say that it is overpowered. in two ways. 100% blow.. however, 85% of the damage. (Overpowered STR blow)
And energy control. This balance is thrown haywire.

Parasite skill should be designed to fully again. (I am 100% behind this)

Parasite skill should remove% damage completely. Replace it in another way.
the impact would be similar. but certainly not% based.

This would bring the game more semi / high energy builds. This will bring more variety.
This is several of us wants. This would also give an opportunity to counter play.

Today, too many plays STR / 4-5_focus builds only. skills are the same.

MAX The Mark of (GOD) blood
MAX PARASITE
3 lvl heal
low lvl intimitade.

These skills can beat anyone in this game. No one is safe from these skills are. What does this say about the game's current balance. that the Parasite skill is easy to use. all too easy. % due to the damage.

Let's think about this combo (mark_of_blood / PARASITE)
Strange. At the same time, give you energy, and HP back. This can not anyone else. It is good to have a unique skills. However, too over-efficient spoil the balance.

MAX The Mark of (GOD) blood
What do you say if cooldow raised to 1-2 turns more?
This need cost more here in 2vs2. Although the same way as multi attakcs.
This skill should not detract from the current level. one way or another.

MAX PARASITE
What do you say if cooldow raised to 1-2 turns more?
Parasite skill should remove% damage completely. Replace it in another way.
the impact would be similar. but certainly not% based.
Epic  Post #: 130
8/13/2014 16:07:08   
dfo99

Blood commander > mark of blood
Post #: 131
8/13/2014 16:49:43   
GearzHeadz

I agree on that. I do believe blood commander is by far stronger.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 132
8/13/2014 19:31:00   
kittycat

I believe that Blood Commander should have its EP cost increased to about 140 or 150 at Level 1 since the strength and life steal increases with support, and only Azrael can fully stop it. That way, it is on par with Mark of Blood, where it is a set percentage and only hatchling can stop it. At least Blood Commander and Mark of blood should be on par with each other.

< Message edited by kittycat -- 8/13/2014 19:32:57 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 133
8/17/2014 21:06:18   
Hun Kingq

All of you complaining about parasite as the reason for your loss is pitiful because there was a time it sucked no one wanted to use it but me just to show people it sucked than improvements was made so it became a decent skill but too low of damage while other energy draining skills can pretty much take away all you energy parasite can't.

The reason why everyone is losing is because of bludgeon even at low strength it does more damage with less energy than fireball even Plasma Cannon.

When everyone was complaining that fireball was over powered and stated they failed to look at what was the skill causing more damage which tech mages use it more now, bludgeon.

When you fight a Blood mage analyze what skill does the most damage with less energy.

The Blood Mage was suppose to be the evolved form of the Tech Mage but instead it became a hybrid of three classes relying on pure stats to get the damage.

To make the Blood Mage a true evolved for of the Tech Mage these things need to happen:
Improve fire ball
Improve Plasma Cannon
Make a physical overload which comes from the ground
Make the Plasma Rain first strike energy than 2nd strike physical (blood) take off the 85% reduction of all multis and make it where starting at a certain stat level it will deal less damage that way it will curtail stat abuse in all classes.
Give the Blood Mages something else than Bludgeon, Intimidation, Energy shield, Reflex boost, and Super Charge.

Make the class unique and a true evolution of the Tech Mage and this way skills can be adjusted without affecting any other class.
Epic  Post #: 134
8/17/2014 21:12:49   
Mother1

@ Hun Kingq

The only thing they did to energy parasite was buff the damage it did from 50 damage to 85%. What this basically did was give strength BM and focus BM is another more to spam while getting back energy where as before they wouldn't have bothered due to the damage output.

Personally I am more annoyed that I see this build 80-90% of the time in 1 vs 1 battles due to liking variety in battle rather than it being overpowered which it actually isn't. I do beat this build sometimes and sometimes I lose. It is just annoying seeing the same build 8 out of 10 matches.

Oh by the way Nice to see you back I thought you quit.
Epic  Post #: 135
8/17/2014 22:10:38   
Hun Kingq

Mother1, I was always around analyzing and watching for any improvements but none really.

If you look at the description in the wiki or on the skill tree it lacks the information on damage, when I used it in 2vs2 it got 50 damage on a player.

Instead of putting a damage percentage on skills to curb stat abuse in all classes put a damage reduction equation on the stats, that way if the stat is above a certain number than the amount of damage will be lower and it can affect the bots as well. I have seen more stat abuse among Level 40s than any other Levels.

Matching in 2vs2 is horrible especially when you are faced with two stat abusing level 40s.

If they want more players to return and new players to join and stay, they need to make changes.
Epic  Post #: 136
8/18/2014 14:18:18   
Squrwogrona

@ Mother1

From last month of playing, I noticed that there are two major bm builds:

1) str with celtic (more or less 4 focus)
2) 5 focus

Some people use dex bm, but that's a rarity.
In my battles, 6 out of 10 bm's are str with celtic 25+ ranks, lower ranked bms are either focus 5 or again str with celtic.

I'm seeing lot more of str bms than focus 5. Everytime I spot celtic on bm, I dont care if I win or lose bcs I'm bored fighting them.

IMO they are more dangerous (without megaluck it's gg for me) than a high ranked Merc with max bc max zerker combo (50/50 for me).

@ Hun

Agree with 2v2 matchmaking, I'm 40 rank 13 and sometimes I win with 36 as a partner, but most of the time is just me and 40 (39,38,37) against two 40's who are spamming str...
gets pretty boring real fast, so I'm going for 1v1 all the time except for 2v2 dailies these days.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 8/18/2014 14:38:50 >
Epic  Post #: 137
8/21/2014 23:47:28   
suboto

Plasma cannon needs a nerf it should not be possible to reach 700dmg if it has a 20% ignore armor then a 25% chance for crit
I feel the progression needs a nerf
Epic  Post #: 138
8/22/2014 4:03:35   
kittycat

Plasma Cannon is fine the way it is, and you need quite a bit of technology in order to do it. You probably need like 126 tech to do it. The reason that it is so powerful is because that BMs have limited energy regaining abilities, which makes it difficult to cast.
AQ MQ  Post #: 139
8/24/2014 6:58:58   
Hun Kingq

A Tactical Merc a level 40 that most likely abuses tech calling for another unnecessary nerf on Plasma Cannon people want balance but they want to make one skill weaker or take more tech to equal the damage of the skill that is similar but physical in nature.

Another player think Plasma Cannon is fine the way it is, it is not, like I mention take two similar skills and one does more damage at the same level tech , things are not fine and balanced.

At 157 total tech level 10 plasma Cannon 741 energy damage 641 critical damage on Immanence average 530 to 559 non critical damage that is below a Level 1 plasma cannon damage.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 8/24/2014 8:47:37 >
Epic  Post #: 140
8/26/2014 1:29:52   
a non varium player

Bm's parasite and mob needs a non attack turn to cast them like using battery or blood commander. Instead they just sit back and keep attacking while gaining HP EP and rage.
This will make them more in line
Post #: 141
8/31/2014 17:06:47   
Hun Kingq

After playing the Blood Mage in PVP trying to get missions done and no matter what build I do against Titan unable to beat him because the skills no matter how high stat I have I do not get enough damage from skills or weapons same with PvP.

Even with all stat points on tech with Plasma Cannon at max due to low support I pretty much got the same damage at lower tech.

Everyone complaining that Blood Mage is tough to beat and overpowered you are beyond wrong, with the cost of energy on the skills, the Blood Mage is the most underpowered class in the game. If you play a Blood Mage it takes a long time to level up and you will have a higher loss rate than any other class.
Epic  Post #: 142
8/31/2014 17:30:46   
kosmo

the sad truth is that u will loose 1v1 indipendently from which class u use, when ur between lvl 38 and lvl40; the only things u can do to prevent this, are 2v2 and big tuna.

im pretty sure u dont change class since ages, and assuming tht bm isn t strong enought just because it doesnt work for u/ur lvl doesn t help balance at all.

and whatever i discourage u from thinking that bunker or plasmacannon are the way to win, they both have high costs and cannot be compared to the effctnivess of mark of blood blodgeon , intimidate, commander, maul etc...

last thing, its VERY easy to beat titan as a bm after lvl 35, just get a prety tank build whit good dex and a bit of dmg on strike (if u have poison bot), max parassite and heal loop.

< Message edited by kosmo -- 8/31/2014 17:33:08 >
Epic  Post #: 143
9/1/2014 9:46:54   
Stonehawk

Mercenaries are made to use strength. They got the most powerful strength moves, but to compensate they are all blockable. I think it's fair enough.

Now talking about mages... How about switching skills? Fireball for tech mages, Fire Scythe for blood mages.
Mages are made to use a staff, the most useful moves are only usable with a staff and strength mages have a high assimilation, so it should be fine with fireball! It will give better variety of skills to them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 144
9/2/2014 19:03:04   
dfo99

after this patch http://epicduel.artix.com/gamedesignnotes/1616-patch-notes-3980 the str bms with 18 of sup completly disappear, i don't see any one at lv 40 1v1. however when the focus 5 builds at any classe is a bit underpowered appear tons of players asking to buff it. now, during 2 months the str bms with 18 of sup is strongly underpowered but nobody says anything. very interesting situation, isn't it?
Post #: 145
9/2/2014 20:08:09   
Mother1

@ dfo99

Please explain how base support strength BM's are underpowered. Where is your logic in stating this?
Epic  Post #: 146
9/2/2014 23:15:29   
dfo99

i am only talking about the str bm that use 18 of suport.
Post #: 147
9/7/2014 19:37:10   
Stonehawk

Why not make Assimilation unblockable instead? Blockable parasite will give BMs even faster rage, I think both should be unblockable since they are already lower damage.
Static Charge became unblockable (still weak though), so they should be unblockable aswell... Mercs are the only exception since they hit like truck with the commander skills but all best skills are blockable to compensate.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
9/8/2014 15:47:28   
I Underlord I

If Energy Parasite is blocked, it will indeed raise a large portion of the Rage meter for the given Blood Mage, but the skill is too powerful as it is. Since the effect will not be affected by blocks, perhaps making it blockable isn't the best course of action; instead, rather than decreasing the damage again or implementing another controversial change, make it impossible to Critical with or use with Rage (whilst Assimilation can be used with Rage, it is blockable). This will remove most of the imbalance with the skill while respecting fairness to Blood Mages as well as their opponents.

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 149
9/21/2014 7:15:25   
Hun Kingq

Another unfairness to the parasite skill as to other energy stealing skills which has no stat requirements so other classes can have their energy steal skill at max with 18 support while the Blood Mage if he wants to get the full benefit at max that player is required to have support at 42.

Look at the Lionhart Boss Battle, a mission requirement, players of other classes is able to beat that boss with little problems because they can have very low support moderate tech and high dex because their energy stealing skills requires no support so they can have theirs at 18 and drain the energy of Lionhart a lot faster while the Blood Mage is forced to have 42 support.

For a skill that improves with nothing and now blockable why should their be any requirements putting the Blood Mage at a build disadvantage especially when the percentage is based upon the opponents current energy.

You complain about the Blood Mage being Over Powered, look at Lionhart before complaining again.

You complain about something being under powered look at the NPC partner you have in the Lionhart Boss Battle because he is pitiful for being Level 40 (less than 100 damage).
Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Official Blood Mage Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 11«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition