Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Match Making - From a low level perspective

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Match Making - From a low level perspective
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/28/2014 20:18:14   
edwardvulture

Invest more in support if you want to go first, that's just how it works.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
3/28/2014 21:56:36   
Noobatron x3000

^ Ah see not really support may give you the first turn but if your at a level advantage you don't stand a chance if your investing in a stat as weak as support

That's the problem now certain stats way out weigh others

1)Strengh
2)hp
3)dex
4)energy
5)tech
6) support

1 and 2 are pretty close in power the other 4 stats are massively underpowered. Dex is useful for hit chance but your rolling the dice with how things are now its all luck hyou can block 4 times with 80 less dex.
Post #: 27
4/7/2014 14:23:00   
kosmo

I played recently with low lvl, it became terrible, no matter how much skill you have, you ll win against lower levels players and loose against too much higher levels, I can only think that devs did this to give a choice to win to evryone, but it s counterproductive, new players will think it s all a matter of luck and levels and they ll quit.Ofcourse winning in pvp it s ALWAYS a matter of skills, but evrything you look at in ed discourages strategy and thinking.Devs have to force players to become better, ed playerbase has no skill.
Epic  Post #: 28
4/7/2014 15:27:34   
ZeroCha0s

@ Mother1

Yes, i agree with you, i am a DEX TM and i know how a dex tech mage can be frustanting in the 1v1 as it is in 2v2 and i must tell you that i, i dont see to much mages with the strenght, malfunction build around, unless they are already at 30+.

I know that you already told be about the consequences about taking precipated conclusions about that, but the other time i do not take into account the 20 stat points and 4 ability points advantage.

I am being irritating complaining about it every time, but that can be truly frustating, as for old players and much more to new players that still does not know the game mechanics.
Post #: 29
4/8/2014 14:20:53   
edwardvulture

Part of the reason that low levels don't have as good as a chance to beat high levels is the fact that nearly all equipment can be upgraded at each level. For example, leveling up from 35 to 36 for me meant about an increase of (additional 5-8 stats, maybe...) purchasable stats and additional weapon damage. That difference is amplified with each increasing level. What if we made only one piece of equipment improve with each level? Also, the best situation for low levels was when there weapon encumberences(introduced in gamma, if my memory recalls correctly). The only penalty was slightly less weapon damage.
I could also make a point on how passives to actives made the level advantage even bigger. Passives, in a way were free stats, taking that away gives even more dominance to stats that levels and weapons give.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Match Making - From a low level perspective
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition