Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Base Classes Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Base Classes Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/25/2017 12:15:22   
Deathollow

Don't you love it when you use the fireball with the mage and it is just stuck there, flying forever. So majestic. The one downside I find about the elemental lock with the mage class is if you're fighting an enemy that resists/immune/absorbs the said elemental attack that is necessary for the combo. I like all the base classes. They're good, not bad, but not insanely overpowered either. The warrior class also has some pointless or not very useful moves like the strength attack or the wound. the wound one could be a lot more useful if the DOT did more than what it currently does.
DF  Post #: 26
2/25/2017 12:32:23   
HwarangxDxArcher

@Above : Those skill is actually pretty useful. Strength strike is basically one of the only two defensive skill warrior have, so it's definitely useful. Wound might be useless in most situation, but when your enemy have slight minus in resistance, DOT damage is doubled, and makes it a decent filler skill(50% attack damage + 200% DOT damage).

DF Epic  Post #: 27
4/6/2017 10:02:55   
schulties

Although I never seem to use it anymore since I have ten other classes to choose from the best for me was the Mage. I remember making it just to see how they work and even gave him a dumb name. Now its about ten years later and he's my main and oldest toon
DF MQ  Post #: 28
4/6/2017 17:47:11   
Alm Nullamors

Aww man, I haven't used my Warrior base class in years. It held up for quite a while until more advanced classes opened up to me.

Probably my most memorable moment with this class was when I bought my ShadowReaper of Doom and destroyed stuff with it. It's by far my oldest item ever.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 29
10/10/2017 14:43:10   
elixxon

It would be nice if we finally had a version of the Base Classes that is at least tier2 level in power.

I know we have the Atalean Trio as tier3 but the only thing they share with their base counterpart is pretty much spell effects alone. Both their fantasy and theme is completely different.
It would be nice if we could play an ACTUAL Mage/Warrior/Rogue that is tuned to the tier2-3 balanced content.

Could a "stronger" version of the Base Classes be implemented in the future, or just armors like the Dragon Base Classes and the Shadow/Ancient Shadow Base Classes finally buffed? Even tier2 would be enough.
DF  Post #: 30
10/10/2017 16:46:13   
Alli

why would base classes be buffed. That would i think destroy the purpose of the base classes. a starting class, not powerful at all to start the game with. Why would you start out powerful from the very start, it makes no sense. i think its perfect the way it is.
Post #: 31
10/10/2017 17:07:14   
Greyor_42

actually, iirc, dragon base classes were supposed to be buffed to tier 2 at some point, but it never happened.

and @alli

elixxon isn't asking for THE base classes to be buffed to tier 2, they're asking for one of the ALTERNATE versions to be(like the dragon base class, which is supposed to be an UPGRADE from regular, but really isn't aside from having defense stats exactly one point higher).
DF  Post #: 32
10/10/2017 17:12:36   
Sakurai the Cursed

Well, the Shadow Base classes with the Shadowheart Bracer are certainly a lot stronger, but those do require an outside purchase so it would be nice to see the Dragon Base classes receive a buff too. Ash did pan on doing that, but since he left it's hard to say whether that's still the plan.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
10/10/2017 17:58:54   
elixxon

Yeah it would be nice if at least they'd finish the Dragon Base Classes' balancing to tier2.
I am not a game developer but they way it seems those classes only need their numbers raised. Having a tier3 set of characters with the same spell effects you'd even have a rough idea of how much raise would they need to be tier2.

I might be wrong of course. I am not a professional in this field.
DF  Post #: 34
10/10/2017 18:12:04   
Greyor_42

@elixxon

actually, it would be a bit more complicated than you think, since transitioning from base class to ataelan base class isn't just an increase in numbers for the skills. riftwalker is MUCH different from plain warrior after all, since most of their attacks hit multiple times. then there's the fact that the ataelan base classes all have passive skills that make them stronger(riftwalker has a passive powerboost that decreases each turn you use one of their skills, cryptic has a boost to their crit damage that increases each time they use one of their skills, and ascendant has a powerboost that increases each time they use one of their skills, and their finals serve to reset those passives to what they were at the beginning of the fight). so, dragon base wouldn't just be a simple "middle ground of numbers", since the relationship between base and ataelan base isn't simple.

< Message edited by Greyor_42 -- 10/10/2017 18:14:18 >
DF  Post #: 35
10/10/2017 19:37:04   
GammaCavy

So basically this is us and the Devs, right?
DF  Post #: 36
10/10/2017 20:40:51   
Solargeo

@Grey if the other two get every increasing power why is the riftwalker the only one that gets weaker?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
10/10/2017 22:14:54   
Baron Dante

^Because Riftwalker is basically built around burst damage.
It excels at dealing a lot of damage at the beginning. If it doesn't kill the enemy in that time, it starts to struggle a bit more.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
10/11/2017 1:03:16   
Greyor_42

@solargeo

what dante said. offensively, riftwalker has some of the highest damaging skills out of any tier 3 armor even AFTER the passive has run out(one of its main skills does 440% weapon damage and only has a 4 turn cooldown).

besides, cryptic and ascendant both have their passives capped at 25, which is where riftwalker STARTS at. and like i said, their finals reset those passive to the way they were at the beginning of the fight, so cryptic's and ascendant's get reset to 0, while riftwalker gets reset to the max 25.
DF  Post #: 39
10/11/2017 10:56:11   
Solargeo

ah alright
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
10/11/2017 14:11:02   
elixxon

So that's what that Paranoia popup spam was...
It didn't changed the way a battle goes a bit at all to be honest. Final is basically still the thing you toss at them when your Stealth Crit bonus is down and you basically never use Final outside of bossfights and mobs that can be oneshotted with it first turn to begin with.
DF  Post #: 41
10/11/2017 19:15:53   
Luckyjazzt

If riftwalker had any defense whatsoever, or had and sense of durability to battles, it would be borderline tier 4. If you get everything right, you can deal 12-1400 damage in one hit within 4 turns of starting the battle. Imagine being able to do that consistently the entire battle, with good blinds and blocks along with it. It would be unstoppable. The damage out put is insanely high, so to counter that, they just removed its ability to do anything else.
DF  Post #: 42
10/12/2017 3:23:35   
Lord Run
Banned

the base class are perfect! only one problem thous cold dead eyes that don't fit what so ever the silly easy going sarcastic personalty of the hero/en.
even the old eyes of the origonl modles of Dragonfable that was basicly an eye with moustly black in it was more fiting the hero personalty.
Post #: 43
10/12/2017 15:29:51   
Sakurai the Cursed

@Luckyjazzt - Meanwhile Ascendant can do ~1,300 (without any crits, so up to ~2,600) every 4 turns forever, and ~1,500 (up to ~3,000 with all crits) whenever the stun is available for extra Boost. All that with an almost-loopable blind (it only has 1 turn of downtime) and a no-CD multi. :P

Only downside is that the shield is mediocre.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
10/12/2017 17:17:26   
elixxon

The Rogue's and Cryptic's crit skills need a buff... when they nerfed the crit stat to 50% effectiveness they left Stealth unchanged, which hits the Rogue hard because it's dependant on crits.
DF  Post #: 45
10/12/2017 17:29:06   
Greyor_42

@elixxon well i mean, even now, with the right gear you can get a high enough crit stat with pretty much any class, including rogue and cryptic, that you can crit almost every other turn.
DF  Post #: 46
10/12/2017 18:17:43   
elixxon

But without gear those crit reliant classes are being hit very hard.

It's a looong way to high level where the crazy stacks of stats are and relying on crits on the lower levels where gear with even a bit consistent bonuses is scarce is quite the gamble.

All the Rogue would need is having Stealth's crit bonus buffed from 20 to 40 so they would get back the old effective crit bonus.
DF  Post #: 47
10/15/2017 21:12:58   
DragonLordRyan

I feel like base warrior could use a better defensive toolkit, rogue beats it in defence whilst mage has better utility, and both classes outshine warrior in terms of offence; though admittedly mage is elelocked for a lot of skills. The main reason I can think to pick warriors are just because they can easily transition into pretty much any other class in the game.

Also why is trip still a skill? I get it doesn't need to be super good since it's a base class but why wouldn't you want an enemy to run? You get the loot anyways.
Also manaburn is pretty situational to the point of being useless imo.
AQ DF  Post #: 48
10/15/2017 21:48:24   
GammaCavy

Manaburn, if I remeber correctly that it's teh one that destroys the foe's MP, is useful against Minx Faries, but the rest of the time....

sincerely, your friendly neighborhood warrior thespian dark lord and counter guardian Gamma Cavy
DF  Post #: 49
10/16/2017 3:32:51   
elixxon

@DragonLordRyan
The base idea with the base classes is the mage has no CD AoE and a big damage, but situationally limited(can only reach full potential if the enemy has no weakness and resists none of the locked element moves) damage output; the warrior has great constant damage output; the rogue has the best defenses being all sneaky and dodgy, but it's damage output is a gamble(heavy reliance on crits)(even more so since Stealth's crit buff was halved with the nerf of the crit stat itself).
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Base Classes Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition