Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Suspicious Item Filled Corridor (Boss Monster OOC)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> The Suspicious Item Filled Corridor (Boss Monster OOC)
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/24/2014 8:03:43   
megakyle777

So I made a game where you play as a Boss Monster. it's supposed to be simple, though i have no idea how to make the attack system work. Feel free to suggest stuff, make a Application ETC.

Game thread:

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21640212&mpage=1&key=�

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/24/2014 8:04:30 >
DF  Post #: 1
3/24/2014 9:37:10   
Chazero

Boss Monster Name: The Destroyer
Boss Monster Looks: Gigantic Demon with gigantic demon wings, gigantic demon horns on his head, gigantic demon hands and claws, gigantic demon flail tail, gigantic demon legs, and one big gigantic demon mouth with gigantic sharp demon teeth. He's also covered in scales as hard as diamonds. He also wields a gigantic blade known as the Blade of Torture.
Boss Arena: Right above a black hole somewhere in space(No return for those who get knocked off the platform.)
Boss Powers:
Comet Call(The bigger, the more energy used. Ice element)
Meteor Call(Same as Comet Call. Fire element)
Shockwave(Will release a powerful wave of force that for those who are too weak to stand it will get knocked off into the black hole below. The more powerful the wave, the more energy it will take.)
Destructor Beam(A beam of energy that will disintegrate things. The more powerful the energy is, the more powerful units it can disintegrate and more energy used.)
Solar Wind Gust(By using his wings, he can create a gust of solar wind that can replicate the effects of a solar wind on a planet.)
Demon Army Call
Void Dragon Call
Mind Torture(The power of the Blade of Torture. When used, it will drive the opponents of the user to insanity. The insane will then attack their allies and making the Destroyer himself disappear from their thoughts. When the Destroyer is done with whoever is insane and that insane being is the only one left standing, the Destroyer will simply knock it off into the black hole below. The more people made insane, the more energy used.)
Energy Vampire(The Destroyer will steal energy from his enemies. This will allow him to replenish his and his weapon's energy. Can only be used every 7 minutes.)
Cosmic Blast Volley(The Destroyer can release several blasts of cosmic energy at once. The more released, the more enemies destroyed and more energy used.)
Time Warp(Will slow down time for the Destroyer's enemies or speed up time for the Destroyer himself. The slower or faster, the more energy used.)
Decay(Will cause enemies to decay until they die. When used on more beings, more energy is used.)
Arena Destruction(Will send all those who entered the arena into the black hole below. Will only be used as a last resort.)

Boss Weak Point: Light Energy
Boss Personality: The Destroyer does not care what he destroys.
Reason Why Stuff Wants To Kill You: The Destroyer has destroyed many things making people hate him across every universe he hasn't come across yet. His weakness is quite known but none have been able to survive long enough to deal enough damage to kill him.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 3/25/2014 6:10:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/24/2014 11:19:46   
megakyle777

quote:

An incredibly tiny cell that is smaller than an atom that is in the center of his body.

Right, if I go with a roll system this will be relatively unimportant and I'll allow it, but if not and I put in something else, I feel it important to add one rule: THE WEAKNESS MUST BE CONSIDERED RELATIVELY ACCESSIBLE TO, SAY, A HIGH LEVEL ADVENTURER.

Look at, say, some of the tougher bosses from Legend Of Zelda series for some acceptable weaknesses: maybe you can be hit by your own attacks, or your weak point is only available for a short time after a powerful attack.

Of course, if I go with a random system somehow, you can have whatever weakness you like including this one, but you will sure feel stupid if you roll a 1 and that Frogzard you ate up eats your weak cell.

This would be the the only such nerfing rule. Basically, you can be as powerful as you like, but you HAVE to be killable. Not EASY to kill by any means, but killable.

Of course, I have not decided on how to deal damage yet, so so far this is a moot point. Basically, if I go with a random system (Which would be ideal if I CAN THINK OF ONE) somehow, no problem. if it's not random, rethink the weakness.
DF  Post #: 3
3/24/2014 11:55:58   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Frankly, Kyle, there's only 2 ways I see dealing damage.

A Dice Roller and your own opinion.

I have another way however which combines dice rolling with a new method. Try this:

quote:

The Adventurer will attack 3-4 or 4-5 times and in those turns, only he will attack:

1. Adventurer slashes at you dealing +5 damage.
2. Adventurer unleashes Hyper Kersplosion dealing +20 damage.
3. Adventurer throws blade dealing +10 damage.

Dice Rolls for moves:

Boss Numbers are 5-10, Adventurer numbers are 1-4. Any number within 1-4 deals full damage. Any number between 5-10 will deal damage depending on the number's closeness to 5.

1. Out of 1-10, 4 came up. Since 4 is close to 5, Slash deals +2 damage only.
2. 3 came up. Hyper Kersplosion deals +19 damage. Full damage occurs at 1.
3. 1 came up. Blade Throw deals +10 damage.

That will end the adventurer's turn.

That's how you can do it. It will keep the combat fresh due to the attacks typed and technical too due to the dice rolls. It sounds complex in theory but once you get into it, you're good.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
3/24/2014 12:56:39   
megakyle777

I think the best way for myself would be a Dice Roller for ease of use, though I'm not sure how to implement that in a fair way. My opinions would probably end up biased, and while I expect your system is simple enough I not good enough with numbers/formulae to really get it.
DF  Post #: 5
3/24/2014 13:02:52   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

There is no formula. Let me simplify.

In a Dice Roller, you ask the player what range of numbers he wants.

He can pick either 1-5 or 5-10. It can be any number to any number depending on how big the dice roller goes. It can even be 1-50 to the player and 50-100 to the boss.

Anyways, taking the first case, if you roll the dice and it comes between 1-5 and the player has picked this range, he will inflict full damage. However, if the dice roller shows up between 5-10, then its your choice. For the sake of leniency, you can either have minor damage inflicted or if you are strict, no damage is inflicted, the attack has missed the Boss.

See, as simple as that.

As for fairness, I guess screenshots will have to do it.

EDIT:

Here, here, your work has been done already.

Try this: Dice Roller

Set 3 in the Roll_ No. Dice. Perfectly simplifies method. There's even a timestamp so it simplifies your screenshotting for proof.

< Message edited by Arthur -- 3/24/2014 13:05:54 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
3/24/2014 13:17:14   
megakyle777

...I'm a moron. I'm still not following. Not your fault man, I just really do suck that bad with numbers. I'm more of a story guy.

But either way, than ks for the dice roller, whatever I do it will prove useful.
DF  Post #: 7
3/24/2014 13:21:22   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Ah. No worries.

Anyways, I'll be applying in some time.

For the matter, I think you should put in a Gender placeholder in the app too. As an optional, of course.

Look forward to my app, okay?

EDIT: How about this? While I am at it, I'll do the very first dice roll of your players as an example and show you how it's done. Then onwards, you'll be doing it in no time^^. Nothing explains better than an example. What say?

< Message edited by Arthur -- 3/24/2014 13:23:34 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
3/24/2014 13:23:50   
megakyle777

If you or anyone else have any other (preferably more simple) ideas on how to make the dice roller thing work though, lay it on me. I mean, I still have to deal with this issue before I can complete the game.

And I look forward to your app.

Edit: That might work. It's worth a shot anyway. How about you do a practise roll or two and show me? Although, I suggest you go into total idiot level of detail here. i am not a total idiot, but when it come to numbers...

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/24/2014 13:25:26 >
DF  Post #: 9
3/24/2014 13:56:33   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Okay, what I post now is a piece from your hypothetical game thread:

quote:

The Player's name is Arthur.

Megakyle posts:

Arthur reaches into the innermost sarcophagus and suddenly, out of the crypt erupts a giant scorpion-like creature with huge mandibles and a stinger attached to its rear. In that same moment, the walls around you collapse and all the doors shut. You draw your weapons and prepare yourself.

Boss-Battle Begins...!

Arthur, it is currently your turn and for this battle, you can make 3 moves in your turn. Pick your range and make your move.

This was the Action posted by you and now Arthur posts his Reaction:

quote:

Arthur posts:

My Range is 1-3.

First Attack: I draw my sword and deliver a sweeping slash which deals +5 Damage.

Second Attack: I run to the monster and jumping at him, I repeatedly stab him dealing a damage of +10.

Third Attack: I charge my power and release the Destruction Beam dealing a total of +20 damage.

Arthur's turn ends.

This was the Reaction by the player. And now your Action.

quote:

Arthur's turn ends.

The Result of your Attack: Here...!

First Attack: Your attack misses the monster dealing 0 damage.

Second attack: Your attack misses yet again dealing 0 damage.

Third Attack: Your Destruction Beams strikes the target dealing a total damage of +20.

You've dealt the monster a total damage of +20.

So this is how you do it.

In the same way, it's now the Monster's turn.

< Message edited by Arthur -- 3/24/2014 13:58:14 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
3/24/2014 14:00:27   
megakyle777

...I think you've made a mistake here.

The players are the bosses who are in their arenas each round. The foes enter the area, start off as weak stuff like 1 Frogzard and get progressively stronger and more each round till the boss falls to some sort of OP villain I have to make.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/24/2014 14:01:44 >
DF  Post #: 11
3/24/2014 14:04:19   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hmm... In that case, give the weaker foes a lesser range. Like from 5-6 only. And the Boss Monsters(players) can have 1-4.

When you create OPed monsters, then the players can have 1-2 and the OPed Monsters can have 3-6.

How about that?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
3/24/2014 14:09:27   
megakyle777

That can work.

Also, I was thinking of a idea: Every now and then, or as a round itself, what I like to call a Recognized Character would appears as a fight. Basically, this would be a character from a game, book etc that you all know of and would signify the end of that round category. For example, at the end of "Laughably Weak Monster Round" would be Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2, while later on you might see a "Kings Of Evil" round with the likes of Gannondorf and Bowser in it.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/24/2014 14:10:03 >
DF  Post #: 13
3/24/2014 14:13:08   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Seems rewarding.

I am sure it'll be refreshing for the players. You can also put some extra bonuses for winning these or the ability to temporarily summon these characters in battle for only a limited number of times to inflict more damage on foes. Damage that is free of dice rolls. Mmm... now that is good incentive.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
3/24/2014 16:57:50   
Frost Moglin

Boss Monster Name: The Ghost
Boss Monster Looks: A ghostly looking person who is dressed in completly white robes and floats in air.
Boss Arena: A massive completly white castle that has hundreds of rooms and paths to go.
Boss Powers: Can blind opponent, blast powerful rays of light, use nearly all kinds of magic, fly around, use a sword with extreme agility, create shields that protect him completly and change the rooms of his arena completly with his will.
Boss Weak Point: 4 orbs hidden in the castle that when destroyed, weaken The Ghost temporarily to attack him. Otherwise he is unkillable and counters all attacks.
Boss Personality: The Ghost is a mysterious being, who is known to be cryptic and hard to understand.
Reason Why Stuff Wants To Kill You: The Ghost traps groups of people in his castle to try to kill him, and then sends massive armies to loot the lands he took the people from if they fail. That has made him quite a lot of enemies that want to kill him.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 15
3/24/2014 18:05:58   
bokterier

Boss Monster Name: Urlend
Boss Monster Looks: Strong, muscular build. Blue eyes and a body made out of snow and ice. His head looks like that of a bird. Have a long katana strapped to his back.
Boss Arena: Deep inside a mountain up in the north, there lies a cave with cold winds and ice that can impale...
Boss Powers: Ice manipulation, healing powers like a phoenix (only with ice and snow, instead of fire), can turn into snow, freeze his opponents and create minions out of snow and ice. He is quite profficient with his katana.
Boss Weak Point: He have a weakness against fire and magma, but it has to be intense or strong enough to kill/damage him.
Boss Personality: A cold bad-ass with an attitude. He's always looking for more treasure, so he is alsso quite greedy.
Reason Why Stuff Wants To Kill You: Urlend stole alot when he were a human, and because of that, he got many enemies. There are also adventurers trying to get a hold of his riches.

< Message edited by bokterier -- 3/25/2014 3:56:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/24/2014 19:28:17   
hidan_orochimaru

Boss Monster Name:Scyllkorpiathanus
Boss Monster Looks:A giant sea monster,having three squid heads and a serpentine body with 10 tentacles ending with scorpion stingers.
Boss Arena:Very deep under the sea,it dwells in an ancient fortress-like cave.
Boss Powers:Strong physical attacks,a dark purple ink to blind his enemies for a temporarily,water manipulation,weak darkness manipulation,poisoned stingers(stuns the enemy for a while)
Boss Weak Point:Has a severe weakness from electicity,if there is enough of it then it would kill "him".
Boss Personality:"He" is arrogant,but he is nonetheless very wise,as he lived for millenias now.
Reason Why Stuff Wants To Kill You: "He" is causing horror and terror,attacking any sailor who pass above "him",sometimes "he" leaves the sea to cause chaos in the land,which made every single living being hate "him".

< Message edited by hidan_orochimaru -- 3/25/2014 9:03:43 >
DF AQW  Post #: 17
3/24/2014 20:53:51   
flashbang

Boss Monster Name: Troll
Boss Monster Looks: Like a Boss
Boss Arena: An arena of the worst internet memes
Boss Powers: The trolling. ALL THE TROLLS!!
Boss Weak Point: The Grammar Nazis
Boss Personality: A Troll
Reason Why Stuff Wants To Kill You: He's a troll. Wouldn't you wanna kill him.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
3/25/2014 0:38:51   
megakyle777

Hrrrm... I'm still not sure how to make this work.

Flashbang: ...No. Just... No. Denied. Forever.

As for everyone else, Bok's weakness is okay, but the others have to make the weaknesses more possible and we will talk. As they are most are too overpowered to really be a weakness that I could see a high level adventurer using.

Frost Moglin: Get rid of the ability to alter rooms at will, make it so there are clues to the orbs, and make it so you only need to destroy all 4 orbs once to make him killable, and I will think about allowing it. Still not sure since it's very platformerish and would lead to long battles, but I will defiantly consider if you make these alterations. Also, thinking on it, he cannot counter every attack. I'll allow him to counter all physical attacks if the orbs are not killed since he's a ghost, but incorporeal, magical, exorcist ETC can still hurt him. Hurt him LESS granted, but still hurt.

Chazero, Hidan; No, just no. New weaknesses please. More possible ones.

Bok: Your's is perfect. No alterations needed far as i see. Still not accepting apps just yet till I have a system in place, though feel free to make them.

Edit: I've added a new rule imiting power levels. Blame Chazero and Hidan for not being sensible with their powers.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/25/2014 6:24:21 >
DF  Post #: 19
3/25/2014 4:56:24   
Chazero

I edited mine so that it will be a bit more sensible. I decided to change his attacks and add a few more. I also added a mode he can activate that will make him more powerful. To counteract all that, I put in a weakness that was a lot more sensible than before.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/25/2014 5:15:58   
megakyle777

quote:

He also wields a gigantic blade known as the Blade of Torture which he can use to destroy entire armies of things with just one strike.

Yes to the big ass blade, no to it destroying whole armies. I'll allow it to disintegrate a target if charged, but charging leaves you open to attack.

Boss Arena: Right above a black hole somewhere in space(No return for those who get knocked off the platform.)
Boss Powers:
quote:

Comet Call
Meteor Call
Meteor Shower Call

I'll allow the former or the middle depending on what they do and size, but not the latter. One meteor is enough. You see the size of those things?

Shockwave
Destructor Beam
Solar Wind Gust

quote:

Demon Army Call
Void Dragon Legion Call

The demon army I'll allow, but said demons have to be very weak, like a zerg rush thing. The Void Dragon... I'm iffy on that. I MAY allow ONE Void Dragon so you can choose between one powerful mook or a zerg rush of weak ones, but certainly not a legion of them.

Mind Torture
Torture Blast
1,000,000 Cosmic Blast Volley
Time Warp
Decay
quote:

Reality Destroyer Mode(All powers he already has access to will be amplified x10,000 and he will also have access to new powers such as:)
Ultimate Destruction(Will destroy every average thing in the universe)
Arena Destruction(Will send all those who entered his arena who cannot fly straight into the black hole below)

No. No mode like this. I MAY allow the Arena destruction, but only as a last resort taking you with me move which you survive if they die and die if they live.

quote:

Boss Weak Point: A direct hit to his head by the Spear of the Heavens.

Explain to me what that is. Is it a move? A item? If a item how does it work? One use or automatically goes to whoever fights him? Depending on how it works I'll allow it or not. i mean, if only one guy can use it then only one guy can harm him.

Also,, please explain what these moves do so I can say if I will allow it or not.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/25/2014 5:17:27 >
DF  Post #: 21
3/25/2014 5:48:01   
Chazero

Edited again. This time he has energy that can be depleted. To compensate for this, I added an ability that can steal energy from others which has a cool down of 7 minutes. He now has a weakness which won't kill him instantly but will damage him.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/25/2014 5:56:35   
megakyle777

Looks acceptable to me now. Only thing I'd say is make the weakness light energy and divine energy, since Light is a more common element then Holy. Often they are similar enough things anyway.

Also, ANY boss can be killed by enough sheer force of power.

Also, can you define how much energy he has to spare? The rest polices itself depending on how powerful you make it.

Oh, and fir simplicity's sake could you tie the two power sources together please? Saves me from having to manage two sources of energy.
DF  Post #: 23
3/25/2014 6:00:39   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Is there going to be some kind of storyline or just arena battles?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
3/25/2014 6:14:39   
megakyle777

Sort of. The plan is not to have story per se, but each battle will have a story. For example, the first planned one (BTW, the original plan foes were gonna be the same for everyone, and end at the same time with a OHK, but i don't see that working now though the foes will still be the same for everyone) would be something like this:

quote:

THE LAUGHABLY WEAK MONSTERS ROUND, BATTLE 1 OF 10:

Slowly, the gateway to your arena opens. You wonder what pathetic fool is brave enough to be your first blood. Though the door walks... a frogzard. You look around for the other opponents.

Nope, just a Frogzard.

You think that there must be some sort of mistake. Maybe the Frogzard walked in by accident? Oh well, it's in the arena now and that means IT MUST DIE.

Move?

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 3/25/2014 6:15:20 >
DF  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> The Suspicious Item Filled Corridor (Boss Monster OOC)
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition