Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Venom Strike

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Venom Strike
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2014 15:09:15   
Thylek Shran

Increase cooldown of Venom Strike from 2 to 3. It can be looped much to easily
and makes Field Medic often useless as it can be used right after a Field Medic that
just removed the poison effect from a previous Venom Strike. In this situation
Venom Strike cannot be countered.
DF Epic  Post #: 1
3/25/2014 15:10:36   
GearzHeadz

Energy. Destroy the energy. All classes that have a poison skill minimal energy control. Destroy the energy, destroy the move.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
3/25/2014 21:46:30   
Thylek Shran

Venom Strike builds often have more than 800 EPs and can regenerate energy
from cores and Static Charge so this does not work for those builds.
You get defeated before you can reduce their EPs low enough when you have a
defensive build. The only way to counter them is to have an offensive high HP
build but 5 focus and tank builds mostly have no chance to counter them.
DF Epic  Post #: 3
3/25/2014 22:54:06   
  Exploding Penguin

I'm focus BM and I counter them fairly easily. Spamming poison multiple times normally costs a heck of a lot of energy, and most of the time I field medic the turn after they poison me even if I waste like 250 health. I get it back anyways through parasite because they have no choice but to static charge since all their skill points are in poison, static, and defensive skills + field medic. Strength is also a staple in their build and I spam using intimidate since they pretty much give me infinite energy for the first 3-4 turns from parasite.
Epic  Post #: 4
3/25/2014 23:17:22   
Thylek Shran

Parasite is OPed when meeting high EP builds so this is not a good example.
Parasite does need to get nerfed too as its % factor is way to high at the
higher skill levels.

Fact is that you just cannot counter a short looped Venom Strike as its
cooldown is just 2. Its not about bragging how those builds can be countered
as there are ways IF you have the right build that can counter another build.
Basically you should be able to counter every build with your personal build
if there is balance. The point of the balance forum is to get to this point and
not to tell others that they just have the wrong build and class.

Also the poison robot (Botanical Hazard) got nerfed from 3 cooldown turns
to 4 for the reason that it was OPed versus low HP and tank builds.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 3/25/2014 23:26:03 >
DF Epic  Post #: 5
3/26/2014 0:34:55   
edwardvulture

You must increase your health until poison isn't a problem
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
3/26/2014 2:47:04   
InFlamed Fury

For a Cyber Hunter that uses a poison build i can say that it is quite easy to counter. All you have to do is heal then steal our energy. Every class has an energy draining skill so i don't see why it should be nerfed. Also any 5 focus build can win against a Poison build if they play the battle correctly.

I feel as if this is just a troll post because for starters parasite isn't OP at all and if anything should be receiving some sort of buff so idk why your going on about that. Secondly poison is countered by heal and almost every player nowadays has over 1000hp at levels 30+. Lastly as Exploding Penguin has said, spamming venom strike costs heaps of energy to do and most people would put that energy to healing/buffs/debuffs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/26/2014 12:28:24   
Predator9657

quote:

Basically you should be able to counter every build with your personal build if there is balance.

That's not balance, that will only occur if everyone uses very similar builds.
For example, a support merc will counter low HP builds very well, but it will also be countered very well by high HP/Str builds.

"Perfect balance" from that perspective entails in a huge drop in build diversity.

Conclusively, these poison builds are not OP - nerfing them will just reduce build diversity.

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
Epic  Post #: 8
3/26/2014 17:17:41   
  Exploding Penguin

Just saying, tanky focus should never have below 950 health. 1000 health is very manageable against poison builds. If you're trying to build a tank/focus with less than 950 health, then that's probably the core of your problem.

Also, a lot of losses to poison builds is attributed to hatchling rush and poison stacking. Just do what I do and use field medic the turn you get poisoned and this problem goes away. You can always take energy from the enemy as well even if you already have max if it stops them from poison. Against high EP builds I just use my energy steals whenever possible, even if I already have max energy and it's a waste.
Epic  Post #: 9
3/26/2014 23:07:43   
Mother1

@ exploding penguin

My thoughts exactly. whenever I run into these builds when I used to play 1 vs 1 I used my field medic first turn especially if they had hatching rush core. But if this combo is used on you in two vs two it is almost sudden death if your partner doesn't know to heal you.
Epic  Post #: 10
3/27/2014 0:28:44   
Thylek Shran

Letīs see how your tactic would work without a maxed Energy Parasite Exploding Penguin:

Round 1 - Player 1: CH uses Venom Strike #1
Round 1 - Player 2: Field Medic

Round 2 - Player 1: Static Charge
Round 2 - Player 2: Drain (Assimilation, Static Smash,..)
Round 3 - Player 1: Strike
Round 3 - Player 2: Drain (from a core)

Round 4 - Player 1: CH still has alot energy -> Venom Stike #2
Round 4 - Player 2: Cannot counter poison effect because Field Medic is in cooldown

Player 1 now could use Spider Hatchlings before Field Medic is back from cooldown and Player 2 wonīt
have a big chance to win anymore as Player 1 would soon Rage.
DF Epic  Post #: 11
3/27/2014 0:38:56   
Mother1

@ thylek

actually with cores you can have up to 3 ways to drain energy. Remember the primary weapon and the armor can have drain cores on them not just primary or armor.

Plus blood mage with it's parasite energy can easy counter this as well since it's affect is continuous.
Epic  Post #: 12
3/29/2014 2:41:49   
Thylek Shran

Its even 4 with gun core.
DF Epic  Post #: 13
3/30/2014 14:30:32   
veneeria

Seriously agree with Thylek here.
Have enough health and strength and that static charge can be considered offensive, while you still have poison to deal with.

While simultaneously understanding the role of poison. There are just too many tank builds around.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Venom Strike
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition