Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Dream On OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Dream On OOC
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/28/2014 1:49:22   
Daimyo Daimyo

• Link to game thread.
    Town Locations

Apartment: Where people live who can't afford a house or need a temporary place to stay.

Bank: Here is where people go to deposit their money, cash in their checks, setup an account, or make a withdrawal.

Laundromat: Here is where people without a laundry machine wash their clothing and bed linens.

Pet Store: Here is where pet food, treats, bedding, toys, cages, and of course animals, can be found.

Police Station: ???

Toy Store: Here is where you'll find, well, toys. Legos, dolls, action figures, plushies, the works.

Game Store: Here is where video games and their various consoles can be purchased.

Book Store: Here is where books can be bought. Whether for enjoyment or learning, they've got quite a selection.

Dentist: Here is where you get your teeth cleaned, cavities filled, and such.

Hospital: Here is where you go when you have a major illness, injury, are in a coma, or require surgery.

Pharmacist: Get your medicine and pills here.

Grocery Store: Here is where you buy eggs, milk, bread, and other stuff you can eat or make things that you can eat.

Oriental Supermarket: For all your Asian cuisine-making needs. Has aquariums that store live fish and crustaceans.

Supermarket: Just like the Grocers except it also sells shoes, clothes, video games, toys, furniture, personal hygiene products, medicine, and so on.

Arcade: Here is where you'll waste your time playing classic games like Pac-Man and Galaga. Or maybe attempt some Dance Dance Revolution. Or play Air Hockey. Or feed your money to a Crane Machine. Or play Skee Ball. Or turn in your tickets you've amassed from playing all those stupid games for some cheap prize that was totally not worth the money you spent buying tokens to play those games in the first place.

School: ???

Movie Theater: Here is where you can buy overpriced snacks and drinks and watch movies.

Coffee Shop: Where they have pastries and you can grab a cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa to wash them down with.

Gas Station: Where people go to refill their vehicles or make a pit stop to get some food, beverages, or use the restroom in the convenience store.

Fire Station: Where the firefighters are when they're not out putting out fires or saving people.

Sushi Restaurant: Where you can eat all kinds of sushi and non-sushi things like noodle soups.

Magic China Cafe: A small restaurant that makes American-Chinese food.

Diner: Where you can get your fix of bacon, eggs, and sausage for breakfast in the morning. Maybe some french fries, hash browns, tater tots, or however you like your potatoes. Pancakes are available too and sandwiches. Grilled cheese, BLT, whatever.

Pizzeria: Where you can actually get quality pizza...and breadsticks.

Ice Skating Rink: Where you can go sliding around on ice or fail miserably and land on your butt.

Park: A place to hang out, sit, or relax at. Take a seat on a bench or by the water fountain. Walk your dog, watch children pelt each other with snowballs or play hide-and-seek behind the various trees, whatever.

Cemetery: An eerie place filled with silence. Large stone walls enclose the perimeter and a steel barred gate blocks passage in at night. Here the graves and resting place of the deceased can be found. Many teenagers have been dared to climb over the walls and walk the cemetery at night. They all agree there is some cold, malicious energy that hangs in the air...

Mall: Clothing, shoes, furniture, home appliances, toys, cosmetics, gardening, sporting goods, jewelry, electronics, photographic equipment, food courts, and more can be found here.

Appliance Store: Lumber, nails, pipes, paint, tools, household appliances, gardening supplies, potted plants, ceiling fans, light bulbs, ladders, bathtubs, windows, doors, and such for all your needs.

Barber: Where you get your hair cut.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 11/24/2014 14:53:17 >
  • MQ  Post #: 1
    3/28/2014 2:36:30   
    megakyle777

Looks good so far. I look forwards to playing a Bare Handed Berserker.

...or using Gauntlets. BUT ONLY IF NEEDED.

Also, since it's a dream world, normal rules do not apply. So bare hands can easily be as effective as blades.
    DF  Post #: 2
    3/28/2014 3:03:59   
    kkutwar

Can the dream world actually be transformed and controlled by the dreamer, and are their dream worlds individual or connected together? How much control does the player have over, well, all the dream-related parts? So does every player have "Medevil Fantasy with Knights and Magic" as their Adventure Genre & Mechanics or could say... Player A decide their dream world functions like their favorite video series, while Player B decides it is a sci-fi adventure that requires them to hunt out specific items to gain/improve powers?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    3/28/2014 3:24:16   
    Daimyo Daimyo

Nope, the individual cannot wink anything into existence. Imagine a legendary enchanted spell sword all you want but one isn't going to appear out of thin air.

Worlds are connected but those who aren't dream explorers cannot travel outside their own world. The player has control over the dream world as much as their physical body does in the material realm.

I didn't think of sci-fi when coming up with this, sorry.
    MQ  Post #: 4
    3/28/2014 3:40:00   
    megakyle777

It's odd. i want to play bare handed now, but I'm not sure how to make it work. The only thing I can think of is that since I can't die I'm happy to take the risk.
    DF  Post #: 5
    3/28/2014 3:46:55   
    Heroic Necro

So what happens if I eat a bunch of day old pizza before bed to get those weird pizza dreams?
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
    3/28/2014 3:55:59   
    Daimyo Daimyo

Umm, you wake up in the middle of the night with an urge to visit the bathroom.
    MQ  Post #: 7
    3/28/2014 4:10:48   
    megakyle777

I really am looking forwards to this game now. Seems like fun. Do we have a particular goal in mind or do we just explore?
    DF  Post #: 8
    3/28/2014 6:23:26   
    Chazero

I hope this will actually turn into a game.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    3/28/2014 8:26:26   
    Lord Coake

What's your policy on having someone's dream form be insane, but them be perfectly sane in the normal world?
    AQW  Post #: 10
    3/28/2014 8:32:57   
    megakyle777

Above: Hopefully okay, since I intend if possible to play as a rush into every fight possible even ones I
    REALLY should not Berserker who only uses his fists. I'm gonna have some FUN with not being able to die.
    DF  Post #: 11
    3/28/2014 11:38:12   
    Legendium

How much is played outside of dreams and how much inside?
    DF MQ Epic  Post #: 12
    3/28/2014 13:18:23   
    Daimyo Daimyo

quote:

What's your policy on having someone's dream form be insane, but them be perfectly sane in the normal world?
    The dream form is a means in which one can be their "true self" so to speak. One can seem nice and polite in the material realm but be rude and mean in the dream realm since there is a certain degree of anonymity; like the Internet.

@Legendium That depends on how much your character sleeps.
    MQ  Post #: 13
    3/28/2014 13:24:28   
    megakyle777

Is there any sort of catch to dying in the Dream World? If not, I was planning on making a character that goes into any fight he can, even ones where that's a VERY BAD IDEA that WOULD lead to his death.

Also, his Berserker berserk button is Bureaucracy/clerical errors, since it was one of those that led to his banishment from the Dwarfen Kingdoms instead of his criminal brother.
    DF  Post #: 14
    3/28/2014 13:44:22   
    Lord Coake

@Megakyle Do I smell a DA:O reference?
    AQW  Post #: 15
    3/28/2014 13:56:07   
    megakyle777

Maybe, but if so i did not intend it.
    DF  Post #: 16
    3/28/2014 13:57:16   
    Lord Coake

I was thinking more about the Origin story of the Dwarf Noble origin, but hey, Oghren works too.
    AQW  Post #: 17
    3/28/2014 14:04:40   
    megakyle777

I'm just sort of hoping therfe are Dwarfs now, since having made the idea of a Dwarf Berserker who fights with his fists, gets berserker rage at bureaucracy, and gets into any fight he can if you show him disrespect would be a lot of fum.

...For me anyway. Not so much for my team when I antagonize the dragon.
    DF  Post #: 18
    3/28/2014 14:48:30   
    Lord Coake

Meh, I'm planning on a purely insane character. Like completely nuthouse crazy. I have no clue what class I'll make 'em, but it should be fun.
    AQW  Post #: 19
    3/28/2014 18:32:10   
    Legendium

I'm planning on a Elan rip-off for my in-dream character.

@DD

How important is real-life in comparison to dream world?
    DF MQ Epic  Post #: 20
    3/28/2014 18:37:16   
    Lord Coake

@Legendium An OOTS Fan?!? Finally! I've NEVER met one outside the GiantITP forums! Also, good choice of inspiration, maybe I'll do a necromancer class for mine, and do Xykon-based stuff.
    AQW  Post #: 21
    3/28/2014 18:44:44   
    Daimyo Daimyo

@Legendium Reality overall is about equal in importance to the dream world in this game.
    MQ  Post #: 22
    3/29/2014 4:57:46   
    Legendium

@lord coake

There are plenty OoTs fans out here. The Odor and gingkage for instance.
    DF MQ Epic  Post #: 23
    3/29/2014 7:46:27   
    Lord Darkblade

This seems like an interesting idea.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
    3/29/2014 8:04:01   
    Frost Moglin

@Legendium: True. I myself found the comic when someone mentioned it in a forum game.
    Sounds intresting. I might join it when you make it.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Dream On OOC
    Page 1 of 512345>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition