Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Dream On OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Dream On OOC
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/30/2014 22:19:15   
Lord Darkblade

A few questions:
How big is this town?
Will we all be going to the same school?
And will our dream selves have a different appearance of our real selves, and how does, and if our traits affect our dream world?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
4/1/2014 11:45:16   
Legendium

@Lord Darkblade

I have the feeling we'll all be going to the same school, since it's a small town and there's probably only one. Plus, how else would our characters react during reality?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 52
4/2/2014 0:32:29   
Daimyo Daimyo

@Chazero I'll need info on Diana, Fiona, Joan, and Philip. And mom and dad too.

@Kyle Mom, dad, two best friends for you.

@Legendium Mom, dad, sister Courtney.

@Lord Darkblade Mom, dad, two brothers.

@Lord Coake Mom and dad.

@Hidan Mom, dad, two sisters, three friends.

Oh yeah, you'll need a weapon. Sword, Axe, Hammer, Musical Instrument of Torture, whatever. And pick an affinity to one element: fire, ice, wind, earth, water, energy, light, darkness.
MQ  Post #: 53
4/2/2014 20:42:59   
Lord Coake

Post edited.
AQW  Post #: 54
4/3/2014 4:39:07   
V_Phantom

Hmmmm... I think this story is a rather neat idea; in fact, I might plagiarize it at some point in the future. *insert evil laugh here*

But seriously, (and sincerely) I believe it could be rather good, so I'd like to submit an application... HOWEVER, there are some important questions I'd need answered before doing so.

1.- Elaborating upon Darkblade's question: How much the character's real appearance affects their form in the dream world? Could they look radically different from their real self, even the point of being a completely different age or gender altogether? And for that matter, what does determine their physical strength and skill on the dream world? That's a rather important point considering a lot of characters right now seem to be on the “geeky” side of the spectrum, so if their physical prowess in the dream world is directly proportional to their real physical constitution, well... I guess that would certainly limit their potential to “play” a physically oriented class.

2.- Would it be possible to play a Magitek Inventor/Engineer on the style of those seen in Torchlight II, for example? (Magitek is my favorite flavor of magic, after all)

3.- Is the Labyrinth story still going to happen? Yeah, that one isn't related to this story, but I'm intrigued to know the answer to that question, as I didn't receive any comments about the profile I posted there.
Post #: 55
4/3/2014 22:59:43   
Daimyo Daimyo

1) They look the same. And well, you poked some plot holes. That was a concern of mine. I couldn't have an assassin character running around since nobody has super jump and run skills in real life. Not that I want someone athletic to be completely superior to a scrawny weakling either.

2) I don't know. I know nothing of that techno-babble stuff.

3) It's not happening. I should probably get it deleted.

I still haven't justified how you all know elemental magic in the first place either...
MQ  Post #: 56
4/4/2014 7:17:45   
megakyle777

Edited now, hope it looks good.
DF  Post #: 57
4/4/2014 8:15:02   
Chazero

Decided to edit my application in the style Megakyle did instead of creating a very long post just for a few NPCs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
4/4/2014 9:18:15   
Legendium

Edited my bio.
Also, my thoughts are that the dream world should be parallel to where our characters currently live. Meaning, they'll be similar, but not the same.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 59
4/4/2014 9:26:16   
Chazero

This is really turning into a text-based Persona.

Also, how will NPCs who are also oneironauts, like my character's sister, interact in the dream world? Like, who will have control over them?

< Message edited by Chazero -- 4/4/2014 9:31:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
4/4/2014 15:38:16   
hidan_orochimaru

Edited my post,and seriously,I am tired of using the word "kind","nice","humble".Does anyone have any other variations?
DF AQW  Post #: 61
4/4/2014 15:55:37   
Lord Darkblade

Edited my post, changing the location of my home.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
4/4/2014 21:39:19   
Chazero

Made a last minute change to my character by changing his element to light.

Edit: I also made my character's weapon into 2 one handed swords that are usually dual-wielded since Hidan's character already has the scythe. I also gave Diana a bow and arrow with her element as wind.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 4/5/2014 0:08:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
4/4/2014 21:41:34   
Lord Darkblade

Added my element(s), as I'm assuming I can have two, as long as they are similar.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 64
4/5/2014 5:41:50   
bokterier

Is is too late to create a character? If it isn't, then I'll happily play this game! ^_^

< Message edited by bokterier -- 4/5/2014 5:42:07 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
4/5/2014 15:30:31   
Daimyo Daimyo

Another person couldn't hurt. I think. Chazero said there's no earth or energy person yet.
MQ  Post #: 66
4/6/2014 2:07:44   
bokterier

I'd love to create a person with some form of energy as his element. However, my character lives in a orphanage, so are there any of those in the town?

< Message edited by bokterier -- 4/6/2014 14:01:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
4/6/2014 21:37:29   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

This has my interest and the concept is just downright wickedly cool. I'm going to give this a try.

Bokterirer, I was just thinking about making my character an orphan too. 0_o

< Message edited by DaiTigris -- 4/6/2014 22:03:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
4/7/2014 14:02:48   
bokterier

Name: Urlend Smith.
Appearance: Urlend 5'11 and is seen as a tall person, his hair is light brown and his build is quite muscular. Often wears gray jogging pants, an orange t-shirt and a black jacket on top of the t-shirth. He looks like a normal person. Someone who doesn't stand out, the only thing that stands out, is his cold gray eyes.
Personality: He's optimistic by nature, a go-lucky guy who spends most of his time either day-dreaming or just dreaming. And lazy. That's his biggest fault. Won't be very happy if someone gives him a task that proves to be difficult.
Hobbies: Boxing, sleeping and having fun.
Family, Friends, Pets: Almost every kid in the orphanage.
House: Lives in an orphanage. Gray on the outside. A tall building with eight floors in total.
Room: Room number 7. Consists of not very much. A bed, a bookshelf, a poster, a desk for studying and a nightlamp. His room is almost entireley white, except for the window which is painted orange.
Favorite Colors: Either orange or green.
Favorite Foods: Noodles, rice and beef.
Favorite Drinks: Water or sprite.
Favorite Songs: The Rocky Theme.
Favorite Animals: Lynx.
History: His parents died in a car accidnt when he was 12 years old. With no relatives wanting him, he decided that he didn't want to move with a foster family. He have now lived in the orphanage for five years and is now one of the oldest. He is one of the few who can "Dream" and keeps this as a secret.
In-Dream: While dreaming he have a katana and and uses lightning when he is fighting from a distance. He is what you would call a "Spellblade".
Element: Energy.

< Message edited by bokterier -- 4/7/2014 14:03:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
4/7/2014 14:06:24   
V_Phantom

In response to Daimyo's reply:

1) Indeed. Even if they look almost the same, a certain degree of difference would be necessary in order for them to function in the dream world. And I'm not talking just about physical strength, but also skill and knowledge. After all, wielding a sword isn't as simple as flailing it around and hoping to kill something, it requires a great amount of training and discipline. And I imagine wielding the power of elemental forces would be way, way, WAY more difficult than that.

So, one way or the other, the characters cannot be exactly equal on the real world AND the dream world. Just saying...

2) If your concern is about me trying to min-max and/or to create a super-powerful character based upon a concept you're unfamiliar with, don't worry, I'm not that kind of guy. In fact, I'm planning to play a support-type character (and a pacifist, for that matter) without any seriously gamebreaking abilities, one way or the other.

I'd prefer to play a Magitek Inventor/Engineer, because it brings a different kind of flavor to the table, but if you're not comfortable with the idea, I can easily go for something else. Heck! Since The Labyrinth isn't happening, I could recycle part of my character's concept for this story. It's kinda funny to go from Science Hero to Nature Hero, but it doesn't really matter considering the backstory I have in mind, because any of them fits well, as strange as that might sound. (as I've said, the power-set isn't the important part to me)

< Message edited by V_Phantom -- 4/7/2014 14:07:00 >
Post #: 70
4/7/2014 14:36:31   
Chaosweaver Amon
Friendly!

Name: Grimlon, although more commonly known as Grim.
Appearance: An unusually tall figure, Grimlon stands at 6'3, and has what is considered a 'boxer's physique', strong and lean, and usually wears a Red T-shirt with black Jeans. He has short, shaggy black hair, that is constantly messy, with no definite shape to it at all. His dark grey eyes set off his long, pale face, and he has faint stubble along his strong jawline.
Personality: Quiet, and somewhat creepy, Grim has never liked people. Instead he has put more faith in his drawings, where he designs scenes and conversations to pass time.
Hobbies: Running, Drawing, and sleeping.
Family, Friends, Pets: He has no friends, and his only family would be his Father, who he rarely sees, due to the fact that he is constantly on business trips, having not-so-secret affairs with his co-workers, which Grim is ultimately disgusted by.
House: A fairly large house, with stone walls that were once white, and a red roof. Grim's father rarely bothers to clean it, so it is very often messy, with cheap furniture and many unused rooms.
Room: Grim tends to stay in his room, with red walls, a black floor, and only one dirty window. He has a large bookshelf full of sketchbooks, and reference books about art. Apart from that there is only a bed, a closet, and a cheap electric piano.
Favorite Colors: Crimson, and Silver.
Favorite Foods: He practically lives off of Tomatoes.
Favorite Drinks: Dr.Pepper.
Favorite Songs: Virtually any type of heavy metal.
Favorite Animals: Cats. No other animals tend to like him.
History: His parents divorced when he was 6 years old, and his mother ended up committing suicide a month later. His father ended up getting all of the finances, and Grim has stayed with him since.
In-Dream: In his dreams, he is a master Necromancer, and he stores his power in a pair of obsidian daggers. He also uses Krav Maga for close combat when needed, yet prefers to fight from a distance.
Element: Darkness

How's this? Do I need any major edits?

< Message edited by Chaosweaver Amon -- 4/7/2014 17:15:48 >
DF  Post #: 71
4/8/2014 13:10:21   
Daimyo Daimyo

Applications are locked because writing for ten people is enough for now.

Edit: Eight.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 4/8/2014 15:16:37 >
MQ  Post #: 72
4/8/2014 15:05:22   
V_Phantom

I count 9 applications, so who is the tenth one?

It would be kind of a bummer to be excluded twice in a row, specially considering I already had a character concept ready.
Post #: 73
4/8/2014 15:16:01   
Daimyo Daimyo

Oh right, I counted wrong or for some reason had the number ten in my head when I wrote that.

Ngh. I'm a people-pleasing kind of person so I get guilt-tripped easily. If you already wrote something then you can post it but I really am not confident in handling more people.
MQ  Post #: 74
4/8/2014 18:12:11   
V_Phantom

I'd really appreciate if I could join in; I promise I won't be a troublemaker nor a conflicting element. And, in order to demonstrate my good faith, I won't play a Magitek character in order to facilitate your job, as I understand it would be rather difficult (or at least really confusing) otherwise.

Also, if I could make a suggestion, integrating my character into one of the current “scenes” might be more advantageous, as you could write for two player characters in a single segment. Hmmmm... Maybe she's person that Raphael (Legendium's character) suspects might be in danger. (quite plausible if she ran out of “mana” while doing an errand in the forest) Of course, that's just a suggestion, and I'll leave to your good judgment to choose what to do.

Name: Abigail Mathews

Appearance: She's of below average height, and delicate complexion. She has medium length, slightly messy, brown hair and brown eyes, which are usually framed by a pair of glasses. There's a certain cuteness to her, but she doesn't seems to emphasize it too much. Because of the cold weather, she's usually seem wearing winter appropriate clothing, like sweaters, long pants, boots, mittens and hats. Besides, she never leaves the house without a white scarf her mom left her before parting ways.
Inside of the dream world, she wears a set of modest looking robes, and a green cape with a hood. Shining for its absence it's her lack of footwear, something she can't indulge into in the real world, both due to the cold, and because her grandma doesn't allow her to walk around barefooted at home.

Personality: Extremely shy and nervous, even by introverts' standards; it takes a lot of time and effort for her “connect” with people because of it. Nonetheless, she's a genuinely nice and sweet person, who also has a vivid imagination and a fair share of creativity. She's also quite sensitive, which means she can be emotionally hurt more easily than the average of people, but on the flip-side, that also means she has a highly developed sense of empathy.

Hobbies: She likes to write stories, though she rarely shares them with anyone out of fear she'll be mocked due to them not being really good. She also spends quite a bit of time watching anime and playing videogames; she's not overtly picky when it comes to them, but she prefers to avoid anything that she'd consider too gory or grotesque.

Family, Friends, Pets:
-Rebecca Mathews (Mother): She's a strong and intelligent woman with a solid moral compass, and a remarkable work ethic, characteristics she has tried to cultivate on her own daughter. However, the rigors of her job also make it quite difficult for her to spend more time with her. Still, she tries to make the most out of the limited time they have to be together.

-Ulysses Mathews (Grandpa): A kind and erudite man, Ulysses has always been a great father figure, and he's quite glad to be able to spend more time with his granddaughter, as he has a lot of stories and knowledge to share. Despite being retired, he still works repairing electronic equipment (specially sound equipment) because it helps him to keep his mind active, and his spirits high. He enjoys listening to classical music and watching movies. (specially European cinema)

-Gwendolyn Mathews (Grandma): A sweet and caring woman who, nonetheless, has a strong temper when it comes to family related matters. (with some control-freak tendencies) That said, she's glad to have her granddaughter around, and she feels proud of her not being “one of those decadent hormone addled teens”. She can be a little too overprotective at times, which stems from the fact she's quite nervous and apprehensive, something that makes Abigail wonder if she inherited that from her. She likes doing gardening to pass the time, and also watching soap-operas.

-Sir Roscoe J. Fluffington the 3rd, or Ross for short (Pet): A small, puffy looking stray dog which she found not too long after arriving to the town. Even though her grandma opposed at first, she managed to convince her to keep him. He's a rather affectionate dog, but also a bit too energetic and curious, which usually causes him, and those around him, some troubles.

House: A single story medium sized house with all the usually expected commodities, including a living room, a bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and two bedrooms. Besides that, it has a small green house for granny Mathews plants and flowers, a small workshop for grandpa Mathews, and library/study-room.

Room: It's quite tidy and organized, there's definitely a feminine vibe to it. Besides her bed there's a desk with a laptop on top of it, and a chair besides it. Her bookshelf, besides containing text-books and other useful reading materials, it's decorated with miscellaneous figurines. There's also an integrated wardrobe, where she keeps her clothes, and a few boxes with things she can't use right now, like some game-consoles. There are a few posters on her walls, mostly from anime series like Saint Seiya, Princess Tutu and Macross Frontier. She also has a sizable collection of plushies of all kinds, with the most notable being an old and weary looking dog, which she calls Freddy, that she's has had since she has memory.

Favorite Colors: Blue, especially the lighter shades of it.

Favorite Foods: She's a big fan of sweets; chocolates, cookies, and all kinds of candies aren't safe when she's around. But, if she had to choose just one treat, ice-cream would be her choice. Otherwise, she doesn't have any particular preference, but she prefers to avoid meat as much as possible.

Favorite Drinks: Lemonade. Lately, she has developed a certain taste for coffee, as his grandparents usually drink it at their home.

Favorite Songs: She doesn't seem to have a preference for a particular kind of music, and she's willing to give most things a shot, as long as it isn't too strident, (ie. Death Metal) or vulgar. (ie. Intercourse With You Songs) Though, her favorite song might be Pollyanna, from the Mother series.

Favorite Animals: She's a big fan of dogs, but she seems to like most animals, even those other people would consider abhorrent, like spiders or mice.

History: Growing up is never easy, but to Abigail, it has always seemed to be more difficult than for the average girl, not only because of her timid personality and the lack of a father figure on her life, but because she has always been on the move due to her mother's job requiring them to do so. Lately, this situation has caused her a lot of anxiety and stress, something that didn't pass unnoticed to her mom. So, in order to try to help her to recover her peace of mind, she decided her to send her to her grandparents home, at a tranquil mountain towns, with the hopes that peaceful and more stable environment might help her to control her current stress.

Even though she opposed at first, Abigail accepted the offer, because she knew her mom was trying to help her to feel better. So far, everything has been going relatively well for her, as she's glad to be able to spend time with her grandparents, and the more relaxed rhythm of the town has helped her to control her anxiety. However, she still hasn't managed to make a friend in school, and being away from her mom for so long is something she hasn't experienced on life before... So, all in all, her stay has been a mixed blessing so far.

That said, something peculiar has been going on as of lately... A series of strangely lucid recurring dreams, dreams of a fairy-tale-like land which seemed to have a strong continuity, as if they were chapters of an on-going story. Despite being highly unusual, Abigail has taken quite a fondness for them, as they make her feel quite comfortable, in an unique way she cannot accurately describe. Since these dreams have a sequence, she has decided to make the best out of them by helping the characters that roam them, like a good friendly neighbor would. Besides, she has been keeping a journal of the things she has seen so far, as they seem like they could make a good story at some point in the future...

Class: Druid, (Earth Element) specializing in support and restorative magic.

< Message edited by V_Phantom -- 4/8/2014 18:13:37 >
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Dream On OOC
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition