Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Mage Skill Nerf Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Mage Skill Nerf Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/1/2014 21:23:58   
Mother1

@ ambien

First off you were talking about how the staff doesn't listen to player suggestions so I was point out where the staff did listen to the player base in put their suggestions into the game.

As for your other comment the answer to that one is simple. Player complained about almost anything they couldn't beat which was popular AKA the flavor of the week builds. Other players give suggestions and ways to by pass these AKA the counters to these builds. Said player makes an excuse that is saying in a nutshell I should be able to beat this build without having to do that and continue to complain until they get their way. Next thing you know something else comes up to take that builds place and the cycle is repeated. That is what annoyed me. Those of us who could find was to counter other builds and willingly gave out counters to help the masses where ignored by the nerf trolls to the point we are at now. and if the life cycle continues TM will lose what it made it shine just like the others instead of making the other classes shine like before the passive to active change.

@ edwardvulture

The problem was they didn't see the flaw that was the stress on energy. If they had saw it and put something in to cover this problem than we wouldn't be where we are now. That is all that is wrong with the Passive to active change as far as I can see.
Epic  Post #: 26
4/1/2014 21:30:57   
edwardvulture

The only luck-based passive was shadow arts. Everything else was strategic and made classes distinctive. There are much, much, more problems that passives to actives have created. It made tech mage single-handedly the most powerful class. In the one hour after the update, I had nearly a 95% ratio w/o cores and I was thinking,hmmm I like this. Then a few days after, the population of techmages got higher and higher. Then I went on my BH and found out every build that ever worked doesn't work anymore. They should undo the whole of passives to actives and split the skill tree. They had 2 options at the time, passives to actives, or split the skill tree. They took the easy way out and that caused the exodus of players.

....I could literally write an essay on how Passives to Actives killed build diversity and wrecked balance for generations to come.

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 4/1/2014 21:31:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
4/1/2014 21:33:32   
ambien

well u must 1 of the few then. as stated no one asked to make the battery 1 more cool down or the statics for merc or bhs did they no. no one asked for the crazy damage did they or the crazy luck factor did they or the crazy blocking no. and how many people begged for the passive skill to leave a hand full maybe at the most. all players asked for is equal playing field for all classes that is all. not one class having super powers over the rest did we.

it just makes me upset when all these people who post do this do that who hardly every play the game or just want the rares from codes or what ever an never play 2 or 3 hours a day but always got to rip or tear up posts all the time

always the syfy
Post #: 28
4/1/2014 21:41:51   
Mother1

@ ambien

I actually have school myself now so my paytime is limited to a few hours except on weekends. So while I don't play the game as much as I used to back in delta and early omega I still play the game.

But as for the passive to active change the reason why the people who asked for it did so was for the following reason

They were sick an tired of passives being a must have and felt if passives were gone then more diversity would come into the game due to not being locked into using them. That was the reason why those players suggested this.

Me and a couple of others brought up the flaws to this if it wasn't done right but none of us saw the biggest flaw with this change which was the strain on energy it brought.

As for the extra cooldown to all energy drainer/gainer skills outside of energy parasite the reason was simple.

People complained about heal looping so they gave all the energy drainer's, gainers move a longer cool down. But the problem with this was it was TM people were complaining about doing the heal looping not the other classes so as a result of this all the classes took this hit when it should have been just TM.

The luck factor as we all know comes from the random number generator which sadly nothing can be done about it without causing even more abuse.
Epic  Post #: 29
4/1/2014 21:48:07   
SubWay

I agree with ambien on this one . less of a luck chance would be improving the game by a big thing already . and why nerf a class that is already weak? you made the level cap too high and now people are bringing back the over powered builds back that you tried so hard too get rid of back in the old days?
Post #: 30
4/1/2014 21:54:45   
ambien

mother then your blind if you could not see it coming hard to belive you could not see it coming. a lot of players seen it coming, an said do not do this. the healing loop btw mother 3 classes had it an btw 4 classes could do it so please do not go their. healing loop was going on beta a long time before this so old news their. as far as luck please stop. luck did not happen this bad ever, but when omega happen luck went crazy. so if you have not played before delta how can you try to explain before delta you can not so please do not try.

beta mages had more problems then , then now, battle mages were the bms of today so please do talk about some thing you nothing about . l am not mad but if you were not their do not talk about it. the game needs a over haul from a ---z . if would ever happen l do not know. but l am done posting on this

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 4/1/2014 21:57:43 >
Post #: 31
4/1/2014 22:20:33   
Mother1

@ Ambien

What were the other three classes that could heal before they increased the cool downs because outside of TM I really saw heal looping without someone using Battery backup even when I did play.

Back before the passives went active I saw the old Energy classes being capable of this (TLM TM CH and Merc later on after Static smash came) But as it is now I only witnessed TM do it constantly

As for luck you are right it wasn't as bad as it is now, but then again we didn't have cores increasing luck factors like mad either.

At best we had

Mark of Azreal (only worked with strikes)
The stun gun promo
and Shadow arts which was limited to the hunter classes

At worst I saw millions of complaints about Shadow arts but that was about as far as I saw it go.

I played a lot more at the beginning of this phase than I do now due to time so I can agree with you luck got a massive buff I never said it didn't.

One last thing please tell me if you foresaw the energy strain passive to active were going to bring before hand could show me where you posted about it before hand? Cause most player foresaw problems coming with this myself included by energy strain wasn't one of them.
Epic  Post #: 32
4/2/2014 18:12:30   
Da Noob

Guys I have a suggestion for the mage skill battery backup why not make it like Mark of blood
It will be more fair
Post #: 33
4/2/2014 18:40:07   
GearzHeadz

I made that suggestion a whole ago and I agree with you on it. It would be able to work with partners as well.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
4/3/2014 0:06:33   
Sesura

Mark of blood works a little bit differently from battery back up as well as bloodlust and reroute. You gain health when you attack using MoB while you gain mana being attacked using BB. MoB is quite advantageous because while using it, you deal a decent amount of damage as strike while what about BB? Use 1 turn just to activate a skill that gains mana when being attacked? It dramatically means that just to gain mana, you need to be attacked first without damaging a single bit of HP to your enemy. As a mage, the nerf to BB is quite ok but still strong. So I could probably suggest that if you use BB, why not just sacrifice a bit of health? So in other words, it just works like reroute. Only the active way. This is just an opinion and feel free to comment or suggest on what you see is wrong or needs improvement. :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/3/2014 0:29:31   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Altough the discussion seems to eb going wonderful here, I have to step in.
There is an official thread to discuss every class, for the Tech Mage, you can do that here: =ED= Official Tech Mage Balance Discussion Thread.

This is done in order to keep all the information in one thread instead of scattered among different threads. Since this topic can be discussed elsewhere, I'm going to lock this thread down.

Locked, Signed and Watched in the name of The Raven. ~Therril Oreb
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: Mage Skill Nerf Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition