Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Evolved Doomknight Quest and other SSy suggestions!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Evolved Doomknight Quest and other SSy suggestions!
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/4/2014 17:19:41   
RMC

Doesn't the warlock staff have 2 MC bonuses ?

Also the passive on warlock armor should be toggleable.
AQ  Post #: 26
4/4/2014 17:28:14   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

^NO, its a single MC. The fact is, that its effectively element-seeking on all attacks at all times, but its subjective to the element of the spell. Otherwise its just a random element weapon! I dont know whether that warrants an extra MC....

Why should it be a toggle? Its a built in ability that affects all spell casts(Like the communicant set) except this should be stronger, owing to the recoil!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 27
4/4/2014 18:15:21   
RMC

Yeah but what if you want to cast a spell without taking recoil ? The communicant's armor doesn't have any downsides to it's spellboost.

I think it would warrant an extra MC bonus but devs need to confirm.
AQ  Post #: 28
4/5/2014 7:11:58   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Well in that case, Heatwave Spadroon! You cant turn off the MC, its always active! Similarly in this case, the boost is always active! Though I wonder what the boost should be! 12% boost is gonna be too little, considering GR provides a 138% flat boost. The only benefit will be the defences, 57-17=40*0.8=32% to all elements, with a good enough damage boost from the weapon and shield!

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
4/5/2014 7:39:27   
RMC

Hmmm , you have a point there. That's also the reason why i didn't spend boxes to get spadroon either >.<

about the boost : The communicant's MC averages as an 12,5% increase for spells. Considering 2hp = 3MP , the boost would be :
112,5%*115% = 129,375 % damage boost.

Now i'm not sure if 2hp=3mp rule can also be applied to damage , if it does then the above numbers are pretty accurate.

The wizard robes are OP* because lvl 30 items aren't supposed to be used by level 150's blablabla exc exc.

*I personally find them useless aside for farming queen hybee
AQ  Post #: 30
4/5/2014 7:59:30   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

You mean Spadroon right? Communicants avgs to 105%

About the HP-MP conversion, thats what I thought too... or rather thats what I was anticipating. A ~30% boost at the cost of ~70HP does seem decent, especially with a defene that wont leave you that vulnerable!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 31
4/5/2014 8:13:10   
battlesiege15

Nice suggestions there!

For the Blood Warlock Staff though, I think that a 33% chance of elemental affinity after casting a spell and losing the damage boost rather than a backlash would be better. Another option would be to limit the elemental affinity to just a turn or two otherwise this weapon can be an all around weapon and thus need major penalty for being greater elemental seeking.
AQ AQW  Post #: 32
4/5/2014 8:30:27   
RMC

quote:

Communicants avgs to 105%

Nope, 25% chance to deal 50% bonus damage. (50/4= 12,5)

quote:

need major penalty for being greater elemental seeking.

Not neccesarely , Vitae thirster has greater ele-seek and it does 90% damage + ~7,7% backlash damage so the staff is balanced as he suggested it.

< Message edited by RMC -- 4/5/2014 8:34:59 >
AQ  Post #: 33
4/5/2014 10:52:15   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@siege: Thanks!

The weapon(Just like the rest of the set) is slightly difficult to translate. Basically its supposed to balance the overall neutrality of the set, and the whole set is based around the theme of HP backlash for damage. So taking away the Recoil for the weapon is out of the question...

I understand the dilemma it creates about its non MC ability, but it does and should get a big enough damage penalty.. a ~10% damage penalty will be decent enough to atleast make it a decent enough weapon which is usable enough. One thing I just realised is .. Vitae Thirster. It effectively ele-seeks, but still only gets a 15% damage penalty and life drain, but still seeks very battle.

Considering that the staff requires the PC to cast a spell, effectively 652MP just to get an affinity, and in order to shift requires another cast, I think that should even out..

Can anyone ask IMR to check this thread?

IMR explained a few things need to be changed.... and some effects need to be started from scratch! Back to the drawing board!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
4/5/2014 14:53:23   
Lord GrimDusk

I WANT THIS!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
4/5/2014 15:23:18   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@Grim: YOu might wanna wait till I've redone a few of the entries!

UPDATE: Guess I'll rewrite the effects for the shields, and a few other changes to the armors etc... till then Male version of the Blood Warlock Carapace is up.... gotta change it to cloak now I guess!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 36
4/5/2014 15:47:40   
battlesiege15

Didn't know IMR commented on suggestion threads :O

But the backlash is fine considering the nature of the entire set I guess.

Overall great suggestions though!
AQ AQW  Post #: 37
4/5/2014 15:54:45   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Actually, I'd PMd him regarding the balancing of entries...
Apparently, the EleSeeking is fine, but the fact that it otherwise is a random shifting weapon, makes it a 2 in 1, which warrants another penalty....

Thanks!!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
4/5/2014 19:47:35   
Narius

So heres what i got from this, tank while activating weapon special repeatively, then one shot anything in existence, nice balancing factor man.....
Post #: 39
4/5/2014 21:06:39   
bvd

this is good except for one thing
make evolved doomknight cost 96mil instead of 13k token
AQ  Post #: 40
4/5/2014 22:28:53   
ray zard

@bvd That is what i want please ss2195 change the evolved doomknight armor to 96mil or even higher I will spend all of my gold if i have to

< Message edited by ray zard -- 4/5/2014 22:29:47 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 41
4/5/2014 22:31:50   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Well considering I cant name it Doomknight (Obv reasons....) Im changing it to Dreadknight, and gold... Need to do a few changes first
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 42
4/5/2014 23:50:01   
ray zard

@ ss2195 Is the armor cost gold or tokens why i see lvl 143Z when the armor cost gold
AQ AQW  Post #: 43
4/6/2014 0:11:55   
bvd

i suggested the gold cost ray. we just had the ares warlord set.
AQ  Post #: 44
4/6/2014 3:29:17   
Lord JTM

As far as I know Rennd and Granemor are much weaker than Stormfallen and Deren. I protest this immensely, Deren are traitors and Stormfallen is without there greatest legion. Overall I like your idea for the evolution of Doomknight.
Post #: 45
4/6/2014 4:31:11   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@ray: so 96 mill Ztokens... sounds excessive. Sorry, changed it to 150G.
@Lord JTM: Well, apparently Tathlin is the NPC of a former forum mod, so I cant use him. Also, I cant use or tie the set to Doomknight in any way... so, I've renamed it Dreadknight.

Now to start with some of the changes!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
4/7/2014 6:39:35   
Lord GrimDusk

Is this just going to be level 150?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
4/7/2014 6:41:26   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Regular tiers.... Just put lv150 versions. Every 20 lvls for one tier
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 48
4/7/2014 9:04:33   
LonelyAngel

Have you considered switching the MC on DreadKnight's Cleaver with DreadKnight's Rampart?

Loving the ideas and the art here! :)
Post #: 49
4/7/2014 9:23:07   
Zeldax

I like this I hope it gets implemented! I really like how the DreadKnight Cleaver and DreadKnight's Pledge look like. Did you draw these? They look amazing!
Also, sorry to say, but the Female DreadKnight looks different compared to the Male DreadKnight. Male has the shoulder plates and looks like a Knight Armor, while Female has no shoulder plates and looks like a caster kind of armor.

< Message edited by Zeldax -- 4/7/2014 9:35:54 >
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Evolved Doomknight Quest and other SSy suggestions!
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition