Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Dreadknight, Blood Warlock and other SSy suggestions!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Dreadknight, Blood Warlock and other SSy suggestions!
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2014 6:51:22   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

So basically, make it deal 1.05x damage if its a regular monster, and forgo that against Zombies/Undead?

Hmm, wonder if that'll be balanced!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 101
4/21/2014 7:08:31   
strike guardian

Eh. Now that I look at it a 1.1+ multiplier is decently high.
Mmmm. I guess it's upt to the staff if they decide to implement it.
AQ  Post #: 102
4/21/2014 11:34:28   
poopbum

I think the Necrosis spell is fine, the spell isn't MCed but has a class bonus for a pseudo "MC". Said MC bonus is a trigger against undead. Quite a number of ss's spells are like that, with conditional "MC" to cover the effects.

I like your suggestions so far and the nice art to accompany it. Though I have a few things to say/ask:

1) I question the need for the various type conversion stuff on Dreadknight's Pledge.(or anything in general) IMO it kind of makes the armor a little less useful for non-mages once you factor in non-pure builds, attack type specific boosters(e.g. Dunamis, Mino Pride), etc...
Having both melee to ranged and ranged to melee is a bit of a double whammy.(I know Loco costume does this, and I have been posting a minor request in the AF thread to have the armor simply do same type as weapon)
We have quite a number of armor attacks where seemingly ranged attack animations does melee when you are using a melee weapon and vice versa.

Examples: Svadilfari's Oath(shooting lightning bolts), Diretooth and Savage Werewolf(ranged even though the form clearly shows you biting and using your claws). Plus the new Bundorable Dragon Form.(eye laser when using a melee energy weapon and fireball when using melee flame weapon does melee)

Then again doesn't matter for mages and we could use some variety too. But personally I like something more practical.(I admit that this is nitpicking)

Dreadknight got some sweet skills that are ok. A fire version of AC's lifedrain and a dark-locked Decimate. Fair enough SP skills.
Also Min-maxed compression with epic blocking is delicious :)

2) How does Death Dealer compress both a passive damage boost and a skill at once?

Double MCed items don't really exist, but an item can compress multiple stuff by spending its one MC on compression. Ultimon's MC is compression only but this time it compress two skills with MC multiplier to cost of armor plus two skills. Compression MC can compress any number of things without penalty(other than ramped up cost) but having both a compressed item/ability and a pure bonus is a different story.

Basically an MC can do multiple passives at reduced effectiveness per passive, or compress many items/skills at full effectiveness.(at massive gold cost) But both compression and passives can be a bit tricky.
There is a reason why Tera Suul form can't have a passive effect instead of a ice breath skill since it is a weapon, an armor and a skill in one.

So I am thinking maybe the skill could be paid for by slightly lowered blocking if it can't get double MCed.

3) Dystopian Clock is something like Gatekeeper right? Two passive abilities with halved effectiveness? If yes then it should be ok.

I love your stuff, and I really dig OmniLich(FO Loco costume with MC compressed spells lol), Alchemist(obvious reference is obvious :P) and Mystic Maiden(but mana shield for a guest with MP upkeep?), which I could see myself using.

For the Maidens, both of them have two abilities so either MC and no penalty or compression penalty for both.(yes, Mystic too)

For Alchemist, the only thing that is potentially very OP is Transmutation, but then again it is random so quite gimmicky and hard to use. Gonna be weird when used against any ele-changing mobs though.(seeking, random or monsters with different element skill)
Deconstruction is fine, mages could use a source of harm damage.

For Blood Warlock Cloak, maybe the 90% damage penalty should be applied for every attack that is done while in that armor, provided the attack triggers the MP healing. IMO it is similar to Golemancer's penalty except that this one is for MP healing instead of omni-elemental guest coverage.
Unless spells don't trigger the MP heal that is. The boost from Blood Lust can cover part of the penalty though.

For Darkfire Pact, the guest can lose the penalty if it did the MC compress thing I mentioned above. The misc effectively compresses two guest summons. Up to you.

< Message edited by poopbum -- 4/21/2014 11:54:27 >
AQ  Post #: 103
4/21/2014 14:11:43   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Thanks Poopbum!
1) Well, is does dent no-pure builds, but... considering 1 is locked to melee, and another to ranges, it doesnt handicap any build too much, since they do get full accuracy for 2/3 of the attacks! Its thematic to the animations but you do have a fair point about the other armors....

2) Well, its like the new system for gold items (Armor+Skill+skill=2.2x cost) but considering that the item is Z, I didnt know whether that was applicable. Also, eggsbane has two skills at the regular Z price, so I was pretty confused about it!
Either way, its intended to have those two effects, though a MRM penalty will be fine I guess!

quote:

For Alchemist, the only thing that is potentially very OP is Transmutation, but then again it is random so quite gimmicky and hard to use. Gonna be weird when used against any ele-changing mobs though.(seeking, random or monsters with different element skill)
Deconstruction is fine, mages could use a source of harm damage.

For Blood Warlock Cloak, maybe the 90% damage penalty should be applied for every attack that is done while in that armor, provided the attack triggers the MP healing. IMO it is similar to Golemancer's penalty except that this one is for MP healing instead of omni-elemental guest coverage.
Unless spells don't trigger the MP heal that is. The boost from Blood Lust can cover part of the penalty though.

I wasnt really sure about the transmutation skill when I first conceptualized it, I didnt know whether it would be too OP or whether it was fine.
The Bloodwarlock cloak does have a damage penalty, it deals 95% damage for the MP heal (Similar to the UGRs regular attack)
Also spells do indeed trigger the heal aswell, and the damage boost from bloodlust is unaffected.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 104
4/22/2014 5:48:21   
ray zard

Have you planed for the attack animation??
AQ AQW  Post #: 105
4/23/2014 5:40:24   
RMC

Hmm lets see : a magic no-proc (using no-proc for convenience's sake) does 81,75% of a melee attack. With the lean + effect that would be 53,46%.
For the boost , that equates to 40% of a melee attack (assuming 0.8 power & 1,2 cost since that's standard for following element). wich brings the number up to 93,46%.

It is balanced (or atleast somewhat close to it) so it could be allowed but ehh you'd need to ask a dev about this.

The 38% fire resist is imba though , i think the lowest an elemod is allowed to go is 39%

Edit : small question , does the effect also apply when using a 100% proc magic weapon ? If so it's pretty imba then.

< Message edited by RMC -- 4/23/2014 5:43:48 >
AQ  Post #: 106
4/23/2014 6:37:25   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Eternal Twilights Mantle and High Communicants Zeal hav 38% to light/dark do I dont see how this is a problem..

A Wand will deal 81.75*0.8 damage because of the lean of the armor as well as the damage penalty to heal mana..how is that a problem?

Well, I'll get my first item suggestion, the Legendary Warrior set out by today!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 107
4/23/2014 6:53:53   
RMC

Eternal twilight's and High communicant's don't take 80% damage but 100% damage (so that's why their elemods are allowed to be 38%).

Wands aren't affected by leans just like bows and guns since they're 100% proc (but i overexagerated the amount so it isn't really as op as i imagined)
AQ  Post #: 108
4/23/2014 7:31:38   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Are you sure about that? Surely Defensive armors are allowed to go to 38%, seeing as how FO armors can make it to 39%.... even with the lean system being active.

Well, I thought weapon specials were being affected by armor leans.... my bad!

Also, do the changes to the gravity bomb spell work out?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 109
4/23/2014 7:53:14   
RMC

Maybe if resistance miscs stop being -10 elemod but 0.5* instead 38 could be more possible but it falls under min-maxing (sorta ?) wich the devs aren't too fond of.

Don't know much about effects so can't help you with gravity bomb.

OmniLich is so awesome btw , would instabuy even if it was the 20 K token package (as in without the tokens)

< Message edited by RMC -- 4/23/2014 11:32:55 >
AQ  Post #: 110
5/17/2014 1:33:32   
poopbum

For the Cyber NightHawk Suit
quote:

Armor Skill(1): Falcon Pawn-ch!
Analysis: Standard MP spell, takes a turn to activate(Turn cost). All player attacks, weapon specials, spells etc will deal 50% damage(/2 for spells, *4/3 for magic), as long as the attacks are of the Energy element.

I think you mean 150% damage or +50% damage. Wouldn't make sense for a player to spend a turn spending MP just to nerf their own energy attacks.

Also does the energy attack boost apply for the armor skill as well? If yes then that's sweet!

How many turns does the boost last though. Making it have infinite duration as long as you are using an energy weapon would be a little OP IMO.
AQ  Post #: 111
5/17/2014 3:30:24   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Derp, its 50% damage boost, and lasts for 5 turns. Need to mention that! Thanks Poopbum,
and yes... The Built in spell is affected by the boost. Its gets the full boost, since its treated as a regular player attack
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 112
7/15/2014 3:27:47   
Luster Bladewarrior

quote:

ORIGINAL: ss2195
UPDATE:

Added Chaos Luster Champion
Added Chaos Luster Blade
Added Necrotic Hellfire Sword

Expect the image concepts sometime next week...if anyones interested -_-

Oh hey.

*pokes expected golden, brillant, random shining splendor*

Chaos Luster Blade:

A description of the appearance would be nice, so you can imagine wearing it.

Hm. Energy? For a jolt, seems right. Effect is...I have personal preference towards those MC effects that are 0,5 turns, once, rather than 0,05 every turn, but I like this sort of bomb setup.

However, finely-controlled timebomb, lack of a real special, same element on all attacks...those don't feel very chaotic!
Is there a story behind this?

Damage is chaotic, though.

Chaos Luster Champion:
Yay, an image*checks*
Well, it looks a bit different than I expected.
Medium-weight plate/chainmail. Not very regal, remind me of Chu Chulainn from F/SN(expected gold). Tons of gems, though. Will those break and do something?

Okay, it seems odd that you prefer Z-token items.

*glances at MRM and res* Seems offensive?

With sword being Energy, energy makes sense. Though water as secondary is a bit unexpected, from gems I'd have expected Light or Earth.

Attack 1 seems like a skill or spell, compared to attack 2 anyway. Consider making it such?

It ties well into weapon effect, though.

Skill - do you hit monster with letters of "Kamehame----ha"? - I have never seen where it originates, and parodies only go so far. In case of either blast or words, doesn't feel like it is particularly of 'theme' beyond the element.

To better tie it into the set - and even the name - maybe allow partial charging up of the skill.

Anyway, water secondary means it won't be particularly damaging, just saying.

Thus, a minor FSB for the Luster items would make them more useful, as you could use them together. I think there was sword and shield that did that. Maybe if you have both and use the skill, instead of having to hit it boosts the spiritual resonance directly?

Overall, feels pretty regular energy armor. I detect no Chaos, no Luster beyond the appearance, no Champion.--er, okay, Fully offensive armor meant for solo attacking and Champion monster have same multipliers, but that's a bit tangential.

Both Luster items have pretty clear theme - lightning jumping over air bridge from a capacitator. I certainly like the sword a lot more than armor, which feels a bit generic to me(sorry). It is just not the theme I expected from name.

As for your latest release....

Okay, that's an unusual armor. As far as (lack of an) appearance goes, purple color in my mind clashes with green name, which also clashes with the elements.

The effect on attacking is interesting - this is transferred like with Gandolphin, right?
Not so great synergy with status effect weapons(ex. Katars), though.

Albeit boosting pets attacks directly with player attacks is a cool idea, it requires slight adjustment:
as a build-neutral armor that allows player to pay for pets instead of weapons for the element of their attacks it would have some significant penalty. Pets are worth half of a weapon, so half of Elemental seeking penalty?

To avoid this, make the bonus dependent on how well your weapon element matches with pet element (100% if both match, 114/129 if allied, etc.).

Also, MC pays for one skill (which otherwise gives armor *0.95 Penalty, as with Flawfish and Legendairy). This has two skills, so it'd have to be double MC - I'd cut off the Heavy Armor skill, as it doesn't feel to fit the theme. Telepathy usually does not give heavy armor in my mind :p

As for Psionic Mind Merge, I think it should actually increase your CHA, not just pet BTH. Alternatively, have normal attack do higher damage but with only chance to succeed, with this increasing chances of it succeeding.

For Psionic Mind Merge, pet assumptions are 0,2 for melee player and 0,4 for beastmaster, so 200 CHA is worth 0.2 per turn (standards don't account for accuracy increase, I think? Not exactly nice of them). Anyway, this means that standard spell can just increase CHA by 200 for pet alone, or 80 CHA for both. However, standard spell damage is made up about half in stats, too, and has 85% hit rate, and assumes normal armor(as most of the time you attack), and gets *0.9 for always useful if they're elementless.

Since this is defensive armor, the battle will be lasting longer, so CHA-boosting would be worth more....Assuming CHA, INT, DEX as 200s over INT, DEX, LUK, so battle is expected to last with BMM play: (1,1+0.3+0.2)/1,56722689076 times longer than for pure melee using a guest and pet. Heh, CHA is all offense stat after all.

Unless you meant it to not cost a turn, which is a possibility too.

BTH boosting alone(I'm assuming here no extra damage from regular armor attack due this) should be worth BTH/212.5 turns. (0,4*BTH/85) (Yeah, you can't reach 85% accuracy with pets, but standards for pet accuracy lean compensation assume that you can). That's low enough that you probably wouldn't spend a turn on it even when doing it for the rest of the battle, in which case it'd be worth BTH/20,8147321429 turns.

You could pay half the cost of standard spell to boost pet BTH by 13*0,9 with no turn cost.

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 7/15/2014 3:30:59 >
AQ  Post #: 113
7/15/2014 17:07:53   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

quote:

*pokes expected golden, brillant, random shining splendor*

Chaos Luster Blade:

A description of the appearance would be nice, so you can imagine wearing it.

Yeah, Im a bit behind on the images of the items.. I'll try to get it up ASAP

quote:

Hm. Energy? For a jolt, seems right. Effect is...I have personal preference towards those MC effects that are 0,5 turns, once, rather than 0,05 every turn, but I like this sort of bomb setup.

However, finely-controlled timebomb, lack of a real special, same element on all attacks...those don't feel very chaotic!
Is there a story behind this?

Hmm, I felt its possibly the only element that fits.. personally, aside from the damage range, I didnt get a lot of Chaos-y ideas.. and since chaos is likely to be using underhanded tactics, so a massive well-damage when they least expect!

quote:

Yay, an image*checks*
Well, it looks a bit different than I expected.
Medium-weight plate/chainmail. Not very regal, remind me of Chu Chulainn from F/SN(expected gold). Tons of gems, though. Will those break and do something?

Umm, sorry thats the wrong link.. Its actually the image for the Rune Knight armor! Gonna get the image up soon, till then you can check the image of the OmniLich!

quote:

Skill - do you hit monster with letters of "Kamehame----ha"? - I have never seen where it originates, and parodies only go so far. In case of either blast or words, doesn't feel like it is particularly of 'theme' beyond the element.

To better tie it into the set - and even the name - maybe allow partial charging up of the skill.

Anyway, water secondary means it won't be particularly damaging, just saying.

No its animation is like that of a Kamehameha wave.. kinda updated the entry, to reflect of how I actually wanted to put (Incase youve watched the YuGiOh movie, youre aware of the Blue Eyes Shining Dragons attack, well I want it in a similar way, although no idea on how to conceptualize it!)
Why would it hit with the letters? Fus ro dah much?
About FSBs, yeah, I have an idea, but first off, ive got to get them for Dreadknight, Runeknight and Blood Warlock sets.

quote:

Also, MC pays for one skill (which otherwise gives armor *0.95 Penalty, as with Flawfish and Legendairy). This has two skills, so it'd have to be double MC - I'd cut off the Heavy Armor skill, as it doesn't feel to fit the theme. Telepathy usually does not give heavy armor in my mind :p

Not so great synergy with status effect weapons(ex. Katars), though.

it follows the usual MC+Skill+Skill=2.2 price thing, so not double MCd, just a price compensation...
I didnt take into account the Katars. As you know, they fill a very specific niche, and considering they dont have a special to begin with, taking them into account with a FD armor is just..well, pointless!

And honestly, I dont think they require an eleseek penalty, since you need a pet of the weak element to actually get the required damage (Wait, how did eleSeek come into the picture in the first place? Its not a spell/skill rather its like the armors only source of a REGULAR attack!)
I see what you mean, maybe that can be adjusted with a weapon-pet element corresponding code, although that will make using healing pets/Void/Harm pets impossible, so I dont think seeking penalty should apply.

Also, considering the whole point of this armor is defense, I dont see the harm in a damage intake redux skill. The whole concept of this armor is just gimmicky, something for end-gamers to toy around with!

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 114
7/16/2014 6:12:28   
Luster Bladewarrior

quote:

Yeah, Im a bit behind on the images of the items.. I'll try to get it up ASAP

Images are not strictly necessary - I don't do them myself, and it is rather hard to justice to AQ's artists anyway. Just a quick description should do :p
quote:

Hmm, I felt its possibly the only element that fits.. personally, aside from the damage range, I didnt get a lot of Chaos-y ideas.. and since chaos is likely to be using underhanded tactics, so a massive well-damage when they least expect!

There are lot of chaotic things. "Chaotic waves" or "Chaotic wind", for example. Energy follows such clear rules that I don't feel it is very chaotic. The rules for chaos need not be complicated, so long that they give rise to unpredictable behavior(ex: line-wave theory of quantum mechanics, or swarm behavior).

In AQ, being Chaotic means being divided(as opposed to united). It is a personal character choice, of individualism over the collective. While this spans the elemental wheel(see Chaotic Flux Flails), Drakel Elemental Mages are also considered chaotic for they reduce Unity.

I don't consider chaos to be underhanded, though. Why would it be so?

Now, the monster getting zapped by spiritual resonance sometime - but unknown when to them - is a bit unpredictable from their perspective, but is a little bit tangential since player knows - it feels something fitting to an electrocution set(and both armor and weapon have nice theme alongside that - it is just that they feel Energy equipment, not Chaotic Luster equipment). On the other hand, it is really cool effect.

quote:

Umm, sorry thats the wrong link.. Its actually the image for the Rune Knight armor! Gonna get the image up soon, till then you can check the image of the OmniLich!

Images are rare delight, but I think Omnilich has (also better looking) right image?

I'll not comment on it for now, though it gives me a few ideas.
quote:

No its animation is like that of a Kamehameha wave.. kinda updated the entry, to reflect of how I actually wanted to put (Incase youve watched the YuGiOh movie, youre aware of the Blue Eyes Shining Dragons attack, well I want it in a similar way, although no idea on how to conceptualize it!)
Why would it hit with the letters? Fus ro dah much?
About FSBs, yeah, I have an idea, but first off, ive got to get them for Dreadknight, Runeknight and Blood Warlock sets.

Haven't watched that either....Kinda like Kamehameha wave, you mean like Gokar's gi?

The hitting with letters is joke as it says "then KAMEHAME-----HA!!!!" :)

FSBs aren't terribly important, but if they're sets it'd be nice to have them.

quote:

it follows the usual MC+Skill+Skill=2.2 price thing, so not double MCd, just a price compensation...

That's not usual, though. Armor gets *0.95 or spends MC just on one skill on the latest armors.

There are armors that have 2 skills, yes (Chimeran and Chronomancer), but they're years old and tend to have a condition for the second skill.

In any case, feels a bit out of theme, which is my main concern. Whether MC counts for 2 or 1 skills on defensive armor is of little consequence. Maybe choice between two things for pet-boosting skill instead?

quote:

I didnt take into account the Katars. As you know, they fill a very specific niche, and considering they dont have a special to begin with, taking them into account with a FD armor is just..well, pointless!

Weapons with effects in general, really - they are not that uncommon.

Eh, there are plenty of special-less pure damage weapons as well.
quote:

I see what you mean, maybe that can be adjusted with a weapon-pet element corresponding code, although that will make using healing pets/Void/Harm pets impossible, so I dont think seeking penalty should apply.

Since pet is already worth half of a weapon, the penalty for not following on-element should be halved.

For healing pets, they tend to have an element - Twillymare is dark, FGM is Light, etc.

Void is treated as neutral usually, tbh. In which case, the penalty would be (1+100/129)/2, or *0.8876 damage.

quote:

Also, considering the whole point of this armor is defense, I dont see the harm in a damage intake redux skill. The whole concept of this armor is just gimmicky, something for end-gamers to toy around with!

Heh.

I read that the whole point of this armor was supporting your pets, really, with defensive because BMs benefit from defensive more. Thus, my mind wanders to ways to support
them, whether by +damage, +BTH, +CHA or the like, and defensive skill feels really tangential on that.

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 7/16/2014 6:45:38 >
AQ  Post #: 115
7/16/2014 7:15:52   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

quote:

In AQ, being Chaotic means being divided(as opposed to united). It is a personal character choice, of individualism over the collective. While this spans the elemental wheel(see Chaotic Flux Flails), Drakel Elemental Mages are also considered chaotic for they reduce Unity.

Yeah, but omni elemental weapons are extremely ... well, I find the pretty meh.. I mean aside from the occasional burps, and shadows. Well, be happy it doesnt have Purple tentacles and eyes popping out! (Oh wait, Ive got to put up dem images!)

quote:

There are armors that have 2 skills, yes (Chimeran and Chronomancer), but they're years old and tend to have a condition for the second skill.

In any case, feels a bit out of theme, which is my main concern. Whether MC counts for 2 or 1 skills on defensive armor is of little consequence. Maybe choice between two things for pet-boosting skill instead?

You might need to update yourself on that.. the formula is the one IMR(Ie the Devbot) himself posted, and that is the reason some of the more recent armors like Ultimon, Tinkerer, Moglord Tortress, Chimeran(It got updated recently) cost upward of 96M Gold. Chronomancer is still I believe in the situational unlock skill, so its on the older MCing standards..

I still dont get why a seeking penalty should be in place, maybe IF we can get an outside opinion...

quote:

I read that the whole point of this armor was supporting your pets, really, with defensive because BMs benefit from defensive more. Thus, my mind wanders to ways to support
them, whether by +damage, +BTH, +CHA or the like, and defensive skill feels really tangential on that.

Yeah, I might think over a CHA boost, but from recent armors/MCs a 50 CHA increase would cost somewhere around 34SP, which is a mere 5bth... Im intending a 10+ bth gain, which would warrant a 100CHA boost..

Im thinking maybe remove the damage redux skill, and intro a pet damage boosting skill, and keep this the way it is!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 116
7/16/2014 9:05:01   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

@SS:I don't think you need to worry about the art for the chaos weapons.You can use my art but credits for the design goes to me and you can go on with other stuff.
Clicky
Anyways I want to suggest stuff but I don't know if it will be implemented and I do not know how to name,description or stats for my weapons ,so you can go through my weapons for design and you can do the rest of the stuff I mentioned already.
Post #: 117
7/16/2014 10:10:40   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@DragonJax: Thats some really great ideas, but it wouldnt be very original of me now would it
I have a concept in mind(Its a buster..), but thanks for the offer!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 118
7/16/2014 10:46:55   
Luster Bladewarrior

quote:

Yeah, but omni elemental weapons are extremely ... well, I find the pretty meh.. I mean aside from the occasional burps, and shadows. Well, be happy it doesnt have Purple tentacles and eyes popping out! (Oh wait, Ive got to put up dem images!)

Multiple elements is just one thing of many I mentioned, and even that doesn't have to be omni - consider weapons like Shifter Blade and that Axe of seasons. The weapon element or unpredictableness/alignment of elements might depend on your Chaos alignment, for example, and you could even make a case for it being more strongly monoelemental the more chaotic you are.

And that description sounds like a darkness equip.

quote:

You might need to update yourself on that.. the formula is the one IMR(Ie the Devbot) himself posted, and that is the reason some of the more recent armors like Ultimon, Tinkerer, Moglord Tortress, Chimeran(It got updated recently) cost upward of 96M Gold. Chronomancer is still I believe in the situational unlock skill, so its on the older MCing standards..

Maybe - I have not seen that IMR post. I'm just looking at most recent armors - Flawfish and Legendairy - both of which take *0.95 for skill, which is usually offset by MC.

Still, like another person said, *0.95 on defensive armor is not a big deal.

quote:

I still dont get why a seeking penalty should be in place, maybe IF we can get an outside opinion...

Pet costs half of a weapon, that's why - so if you use off-element weapon, you should take half the penalty that depends on their elements.

quote:

Yeah, I might think over a CHA boost, but from recent armors/MCs a 50 CHA increase would cost somewhere around 34SP, which is a mere 5bth... Im intending a 10+ bth gain, which would warrant a 100CHA boost..

40 CHA is 5 BTH, not 50 - 200 CHA provides +25 BTH, after all. It'd cost more if you want it to remain for the rest of the battle, though.

CHA does both BTH and damage, really. An alternative is to have skill give either BTH or damage instead of CHA - easier to calculate the value of, too. Though boosting CHA does have the advantages on CHA-based rolls and those pets that don't attack 100% of the time even with 200 CHA.

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 7/16/2014 11:00:36 >
AQ  Post #: 119
7/16/2014 17:51:48   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Yeah, Im actually torn between the armor and weapons appearance... Should I go for an Imperial Knight, or a just a beefed up warrior? My primary thoughts were having a knightly set, but again since this is the supposed first champion, it should bear resemblance to an armor from a distant past right?

About the Damage/BTH boosts, Im not really sure how much an MC boost can cover.. I mean , Arias Rattle provides a 45 or 65% boost IIRC for 35~SP, but Ive no idea about the bth ...
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 120
7/17/2014 8:01:43   
Luster Bladewarrior

If it is supposed to be first champion from distant past, yeah, imperial look is important - brilliant and you can taste the expensiveness, even to the point of being a little unpractical for mass usage, as this is personal armor and status symbol.

MC boost is 0.05 turns per turn, or 1 turn over 2 standard battles(barring triggers and chances to happen, like on Staff of Necromantic Control series). However, if you spend it on skills, it is spent on having a skill(or using MP on melee weapon, or having a toggle-able ability), and skill itself will not get any boost.

Once, I did MC boost+low SP cost per turn without ability to turn off, for example, if you want the MC boost.

As for how much it should cost, well...I covered this two posts ago, actually. But you can't use MC boost to cover the cost on a skill, not unless the armor always tries to use the skill if you have sufficient resources.

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 7/17/2014 8:03:26 >
AQ  Post #: 121
8/24/2014 14:17:29   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Cleaned up the thread a lil... removed some badly thought out ideas!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 122
9/4/2014 8:57:00   
moe

Dystopian Cloak would be a great mogloween armor. Hopefully gets in-game ^_^
AQW  Post #: 123
9/5/2014 11:39:59   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Hmm... they arent Scary..

Cleaned up some of the entries and added in a couple of items!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 124
9/15/2014 1:19:52   
wizman

all of this is amazing
AQ AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Suggestions >> RE: Dreadknight, Blood Warlock and other SSy suggestions!
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition