Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Passive to Actives: Inordinate Reprecussions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Passive to Actives: Inordinate Reprecussions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/2/2014 8:20:18   
edwardvulture

Outline: Passives to Actives have directly or indirectly caused players to become dissatisfied with this game, either through the stress put on energy, the convergence of classes, or the dominance of a few viable builds within each class(and level, although I cannot exactly say this as I have been traversing through levels 34-36 on my multiple accounts) over other builds. This said dissatisfaction has led to what could be considered, more or less, an exodus. As part of the epicduel community, it is our duty to restore the integrity of this game and preserve it for future generations. My personal opinion on how to fix the problem of passives to actives is to split the skill tree into two distinct categories: free-costing skills and energy-costing skills. This would re-institute passives and move 0-energy active skills to the same category. The rationale behind this is that free-costing skills universally benefit every kind of build whereas energy-costing skills are often situational and build-specific. Also, the active skill tree can be expanded to incorporate more viable builds within classes. As you can see, passives to actives are not the only balance issue present within epicduel, stats, rage,cores, legendary mode and other mechanics are also other issues that can be discussed but I am trying to limit their scope from my essay so I can focus on a specific issue.

Passives to Actives have directly or indirectly caused players to become dissatisfied with this game, either through the ironic decline of the usage of actives skills that cost energy, the convergence of classes, or the dominance of a few viable builds within each class. The case of Passives to Actives as quoted by NightWraith from the design notes of 9/7/13 are “Currently, passives grant HUGE benefits with little sacrifice, especially for level cap players. Active skills require more sacrifice in terms of energy cost and turn cost. To compensate for these sacrifices, the effects of the skills will be modified. This change will affect all classes so we're really interested to see what new strategies emerge from this change. “ That is a valid point, passives did universally grant a class benefits that did not have a downside. Players, if they chose to, could max out passives with the only sacrifice being skill points and having to meet skill requirement. Every other skill at the time had an energy cost except assimilation, static charge, and static smash. Currently, using the same logic as Nightwraith, these skills grant “HUGE benefits with little sacrifice” but IMO they should not be removed, they should be relocated. Personally, I can see how passives to actives could make battles more strategic, but as we have seen, that is not the case upon implementation. WIth the few viable builds that are currently available for each class, stratagem and build diversity has arguably reached an all-time low.
In battles nowadays, I would say an average of 4 skills, or a 1/3 of a skill tree is going to be utilized in any given battle depending on the skill level of the player and the complexity of their build. But as I have stated, this game is taking less skill(different usage) to win than ever. An average battle probably consists of a buff/debuff, possibly heal, and the 0 energy skills that manipulate energy(2 if you’re a tech mage) Active skills such as plasma bolt, bunker buster, and other have been in decline in favor of strike, gun, robot attack, and the occasional aux. Part of this reason is the strain on energy. Ironically, very few people invest in energy as a stat. This is because many active skills dealing damage are underpowered and overpowered depending on your level and amount of stat investment in the given stat. For example, at high levels, no matter how much you invest in energy and dex, a dex bh that uses both stun grenade and multi-shot will suffer in both 1v1 and 2v2. The same build could be viable at lower levels, I would not know because it has been ages since I have been a low-level bh. Ideally, it should be an option for bh’s in every level but it is not. The death of this build was caused by many factors including an extensive round of diminishments, nerf to all multis(85% put in the wrong place), nerf to both multi-shot and stun grenade, and I’m guessing the removal of blood lust and shadow arts as passives slayed the build once more after it was already dead. Another reason why the usage of active skills are on a decline is because of the lack of synergy caused by the removal of passives. I’m going to use my beloved dex bh build as an example again. In gamma, bh had blood lust and its reflex boost used to give energy regeneration capabilities similar to the departed reroute. I had a varied arsenal of choices with that build. The skills were in perfect synergy. The reflex boost made me a tank and I was able to do massive damage with the first multi and it was possible for me to get in a 2nd multi with rage. The dex bh I created a classic example of strategy and build making ability at its finest. At the time, I used only non-varium gear and the dex bh build spread and I, inevitability, was beaten by the varium variant of my own build. This build arguably takes more skill to play than the heal-loop mage that Xendran created. It incorporated every skill on the skill tree except poison and massacre depending on the situation. It was not flat out overpowered like Xendran’s heal loop mage, it was more skill-driven than anything(at least the way I was using it, there are way too much copycats). Yet the heal-loop build lives on(now w/o support) while my dex bh build took several more nerfs after it was already dead. There needs to be a clear line drawn between synergy and over-poweredness. Right now, there are almost no viable options to synergize within the skill tree at any given level. Some might say that the removal of passives have killed the ability for builds to have synergy. Too much players have complained about certain builds being OP when in fact, it was just using synergy. These players only complain because they are not gifted with creativity, or lack the work ethic that allows them to find a counter to builds that incorporated synergy. I would say almost all “legendary” players are forced to conform to the likes of them, but I will get to that topic later.
Now the second topic, convergence of classes. Ever since passives and actives, many unique builds that only one class could have have ceased to exist. Examples are the tank TLM, support BH, dex spam BH, no focus tech Merc, i'm sure there were lots more. If you noticed, each class, before passives to actives had something different to offer, i'm sure some of you can elaborate on this point for me. Now all the classes do basically the same things, some more effective than the others. All classes are given an energy regeneration skill and an energy stealing skill. All classes have shields that cover both defense and offense, once again some "better" than others. All classes have viable strength builds. 5 bonus works almost as well for every class. None of the classes can spam dex except tech mages. Spamming tech without focus is no longer an option because of the huge stress this game has on energy. There are very few things that are unique to classes anymore. I copied this off a thread I created earlier, here are some responses by players who commented on it.
Exploding Penguin:
quote:

I preferred it back then. I actually have no motivation to change classes now, and most other people wouldn't either if they weren't so focused on simple-minded fast win builds.

Mother1:
quote:

I remember when you actually had to think when using some builds to win, as well as build diversity being a lot higher than it is now. I also remember when more than one build could counter flavor of the week builds as well.

Thylek Shran:
quote:

I had the most fun during late Delta. Clone builds wasn´t much of a problem there as still
alot different builds existed. I think that the class change option combined with Omega
ruined ED as to many players now just hop to the next OPed class and build of the month

A "slight" exaggeration: Now there are Tech Mages and weaker Tech Mages
Now unto my last topic: the dominance of a few builds(about level 30+). The two builds that are universally viable within all classes are 5 bonus, Spike build(more or less 84 str/dex, High HP, little/no investment in energy/support and low to medium tech), and each of its many variants including tech spam 5 bonus, HP spam Spike, Supercharge 5 bonus etc. The reason that these builds are so successful is because of the concept of 0-energy damage. No energy or skill point is needed to strike,gun or use robots. That gives them the ability to inflict damage consistently and even more so on rage(which is also broken). Unfortunately, players that use these builds rarely synergize and incorporate the full use of their skill tree. A balance between skills that cost energy and moves that don’t such as strike,robot, etc, needs to be reached. Skills/attacks that don’t use energy are not as OP as much as how builds that rely on skill points and energy are unable to compete with them. This is a generalization as I personally have seen dex spam tech mage take out Spike/5 bonus builds. Another issue is the tech mage class, at this moment it is the most popular class because instead of one energy manipulating skill that costs no energy, it has two. The build I personally use right now is effective(albeit only in 1v1) and unique. I beat most builds that have less than 1200 HP. I use a high support/tech 4 focus supercharge build with 900+ energy. In some ways, it is the ultimate antithesis of the Spike build. If I’m able to find a build like this, maverick and successful when pitted against normal trends, why am I complaining about passives to actives? It is because I cannot repeat the feat for the rest of the 5 classes I play. Although you could abuse broken static charge on CH, but the Spike build and 5 bonus are the only viable options I have come across for the rest of the other classes. I know I am not the best build maker but if it was possible, I would have seen it by now right? When people read this they might say, nerf Tech Mage! but NO!, no more nerfs! How do you think we got into this situation in the first place?

I present to you, in the following paragraphs, my own solution to this lack of synergy and every other problem caused by passives to actives/past nerfs. I will only lay out the frame work because I do not particularly have high hopes for this because for all we know nobody reads this and the suggestion isn’t even considered. We are all left to speculate because the ED staff do not really interact with us forumites due to past experiences. Also note that I am not directly suggesting stats, rage, or other mechanics of this game that also needs a second look at.

Before anything, we need A LOT more balance testers because a truly effective adjustment to just one skill takes level, class, build, and everything in between into consideration and that has not been done in a long time or at all in the history of epicduel. That part is why players are dissatisfied with balance.
1. Split the skill tree and reinstitute old passives, limit the amount of skills available for investment depending on level.
2. Add more skills, both passive, active, and 0-cost
3. Test skills, adjust progressions, adjust how skills fundamentally work(This could mean investing in a skill point not increase the cost which is similar to blood shield, probably the most innovative skill in a long time)

Rationale for

There are really only two types of skills on the skill tree. Skills that have 0 cost, and skills that have an energy/health cost. Static charge, battery backup, static smash,static charge,assimilation, and energy parasite all belong in the 0 energy cost category. When you think about it passives are also 0 energy cost skills and could be instituted so that each class can really be distinctive again. Players tend to invest in them way more than energy cost skills like plasma bolt, overload, etc. because they benefit every kind of build whereas skills that cost energy are situational and often used only in specialized builds. Without the splitting of the skill tree, cost skills and "0" cost skills (technically a turn's usage is an opportunity cost but that is not really it’s used in this fashion) will never be balanced with energy/skill point cost skills in terms of power and usage. Skills for tech mage that belongs on this 0-cost tree include reroute, assimilation, battery backup, deadly aim, and possibly 0-energy bloodscythe if that novelty of an idea ever catches on.

There are certain things that classes just cannot do, an example of this is playing bloodmage offensively with support. It has no “damage” skill that scales on support, neither does bh. Also, giving each class two options of multi isn’t such a bad idea, how about a multi on tech, because 4 classes have multis that scale on strength. Also, more 0-cost active skills can be incorporated and so could new passives that have never existed before can be made to put on the new “0-cost” skill tree. In addition, it could be argued that the effectiveness of half the skill tree on the mercenary class is directly dependent on strength, that undeniably leans build makers towards strength and dex in an attempt to synergize, that is why there needs to be more skills that accommodate the synergy of other stats. Also, why not the choice of two ultimates? The sky is the limit

A really peculiar example of why skills need adjustments is atom smash and static charge, one is just a better version of another. Skills like this should never have that direct relation of “better than” because that doesn’t help balance at all. Another example is how EMP grenade is not so hot compared to static grenade.

And now, a very vague example I copy and pasted from another thread

"0-cost skills" (20) points available for investment at level cap)
{Plasma Armor}-{Static Charge*}-{Shadow Arts}-{Static Grenade}
"cost skills" (25 points available for investment at level cap)
{Heal}-{EMP*}-{Static Kick*}-{Defense Matrix}
{Malfunction}-(Multi Shot)-{Venom Strike}-{Plasma Surge*}
{Plasma Grenade*}-(Massacre)-{Infrastructure Breakdown*}

Plasma Armor and Shadow Arts are pre-Passives to Actives
Static Charge*(needs to be reworked...possibly a static amount based on weapon damage)
EMP*(now does 50% gun damage along with drain)
Static Kick*(Cheap shot with 20% energy drain)
Plasma Surge*(Multi-shot scaling on tech)
Plasma Grenade*(needs to be redone)
Infrastructure Breakdown*(the second ultimate, does physical damage based on dex and has a poison effect based on support)

Cost skills addendum: Instead of having energy costs set by increasing amounts of 10's or 20's, why not 5's and also, instead of having energy cost increasing with each investment, how about increased effect without energy increases or energy reduction with same effect.
Also notice how every stat is viable for a build with this new skill tree, even energy and support.

About the Author(written incorrectly in 1st person):
The most notable threads I have created are probably “The Gap” and “Would we have more players if we Omit Losses” I’d like to think “The Gap” somewhat contributed to the removal of enhancements but I have no idea.
As a player, I have been in notable factions such as the hive, Legit, Ed War Tribunal, and others. I have never ran a successful faction daily on my own due to my inability to find enough hardcore players at any given time.
I have one of every class from level 35-36. Together with the wins from all my accounts, I would have about 55k wins. The closest I got to a daily was 6th place in 1v1 on my then non-varium BH
Ed Vulture in Gamma for a 1v1 faction championship for the hive.

Special Thanks to:
Everyone that was mentioned in this article, the developers for making this game, the AK’s for maintaining the forums, and comicalbiker for indirectly giving me the 3rd idea on my thesis.

Post your responses here, it could be about anything and everything even non-epicduel things such as my writing skills(if allowed...but prob not). Has to relate to my essay though. Make a discussion out of it(the purpose of a forum). That was a long 4 hours… ha...

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 4/2/2014 8:22:11 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
4/2/2014 11:20:48   
Trollok!!!

^I don't necessarily agree with the points

Passives>Actives has caused: 1) Over-reliance on energy control, 2) The classes lack the unique niches they once had (i.e. If you wanted to be the best at tanking, TLM was the best bet), and 3) Existence and dominance of flavor of the month builds.

Post edited to remove a comment that was directed towards a deleted post ~M4B

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 4/6/2014 8:32:21 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/2/2014 13:42:13   
Ranloth
Banned

These kind of threads should NEVER get a tl;dr. The whole point of explaining it in-depth, is so you read it and then give your feedback/opinion - not pick the parts you want, reply to those AND omit the crucial information.

Well, edwardvulture, as you may know, I'm against bringing passives back. Each to their own - BUT, this doesn't mean you don't hold a valid point. I do agree that the current actives have been poorly balanced in some areas - i.e. Battery Backup - whilst some were made pretty much spot on after a buff or two, such as the Armors. If they were perfectly balanced, I don't think you'd complain about passive skills not being in ED, but maybe slight nostalgia - but since they aren't perfect, nor an acceptable state (some new actives, not all), then y'know.

We've covered the "100 testers" topic yesterday, so I will just skip that - no point in repeating the same thing, is there?

quote:

Cost skills addendum: Instead of having energy costs set by increasing amounts of 10's or 20's, why not 5's and also, instead of having energy cost increasing with each investment, how about increased effect without energy increases or energy reduction with same effect.

Bolded part. Check Blood Shield and you'll see it's already been done once. This means it's not impossible to do so, but the reason why they don't do it is probably somehow justified. Some skills could use fixed cost - apart from Blood Shield - such as Shadow Arts and Adrenaline. Why these two? Good effect, at an awful cost which makes it really not worth it in most cases.

I'm also gonna omit the solutions - one, because it'll fall under a suggestion and the thread could end up being moved or the suggestion part removed, and two, because we think differently and the last thing we need is arguments about why x person is right, and y person is wrong - despite of the fact opinions can NEVER be right nor wrong.
But you'll likely know my stance on this anyway, since I'm not for bringing back passives under the old form nor secondary skill tree. Character trait I can accept, such as small EP return (Reroute) for TMs when you take in _____ damage (or at least ___ damage before you can get some EP back).

Energy being a very important resource is an issue, yes. I think I've made a thread on it not too long time ago, and I do believe it was just after cores were changed but NOT the passives - where Energy has become already a bit more important in the battle. Pretty much covered why it needs revision, and where exactly - scaling per level, scaling per stat point, etc. You will likely find it if you look through ED Balance and focus on threads from 2013, since I've posted it around then.

Lastly, just to get your point across, there are some people who like actives over passives. I think it was Sesura who posted something positive about them. You could've included it amongst the negative opinions about the passives change - just to avoid being partial about the whole issue + it's a discussion, so being partial isn't good. Not really that important, but meh.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
4/2/2014 15:42:32   
edwardvulture

Well, the outline and the bolded parts are basically all you really need to read if you so not feel inclined to read the whole thing.
@trans. Yes I did say blood shield is innovative in comparison with how skill work in general. I did read sesura's posts. S/he said passives to actives helped combat luck, I responded by saying the only lucked-based passive was shadow arts. Also, s/he said that the devs didn't want us to be dependent on passive skills, I agree with that, and splitting the skill tree into 0-cost skills and cost skills would use passives as a differentiation, not a handicap. But the solution I laid out would take at least half a year with no guaranteed results.
btw I decided on general discussions instead of balance and suggestion because part of it is technically both and there are other things to talk about besides the suggestion and the balance.

btw, why are you against bring passives back?

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 4/4/2014 2:02:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
4/5/2014 12:17:04   
lionblades

I agree with your post Edward.
Passive to Active was very ineffective. Devs tried to make less reliance on the passive skills but it didn't work. Every BH still uses 8-10 MoB, TM uses Battery max, TLM uses max battery etc. All it did was put a huge strain on energy costing skills when it was strained enough with the core energy cost. A couple of passive got arguably useless like Shadow Arts and Parasite and the role of the classes were killed. Ex: TLM is no longer the unique ultimate tank. Strategy has been diminished because of the extreme reliance on energy on useful skills. Before the P2A update tank builds, 5 focus, and str build were around. Now Str is the best option for almost all classes (including TLM) and most widely used. All other types were diminished (tank tlm is ineffective, 5 focus BM is ineffective etc.)
AQW  Post #: 5
4/5/2014 12:58:17   
Mother1

@ lionblades

not only that, but they also took away what all the classes could do best with the exception of TM. Their original intent was to give buffed versions of all the old passives in exchange for the having an energy ghost.

Problem with is is that not only were all the move extremely expensive with energy costs, but all of the changes from passive to active were indeed either

A a nerf instead of a buff or
B to costly even if effective.

Where as TM got not only a buff, but didn't get hit with B on with both their moves.

Now because of all the classes losing what made them special a lot of the masses have the eye for an eye concept meaning "If all the other classes lost what made them special TM should also suffer this as well since it didn't."
Epic  Post #: 6
4/5/2014 15:47:09   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

btw, why are you against bring passives back?

This is a good question.

One of the reasons is the same as Devs gave us - we were forced to have them on near max level, to have the most effective build. ANY build was forced to have them at Lvl 8-10, and classes had two passives so it ended up eating up to 20 skill points. Right now? You should still invest into them, but not necessarily max them out for your build to be most effective. My alts with Armors use L4 PA / MA, whilst my Merc has his at L7. Before the update? L8 for HA, and L8 / 10 for PA / MA.

Other reason is AQ. It's by far the most balanced AE Game, and will remain such. The concept of passives is much better. They aren't very powerful effects because they are always active. There's no drawback. For that reason - in AQ - they are weak. If you have the same effect but active (MP/SP cost), then it's much more powerful. In ED, passives were easily comparable to active skills in terms of power they game.
This is one of the reasons why I was for making so called 'character traits' which would be likes of BloodLust and Reroute, turned into a trait. It'd be weak, because of being passive, but could scale with your level. Passives are a small advantage in AQ, that has no cost. If it has a cost + passive, it's more powerful.

Taking the above into consideration, passive + cost wouldn't work in ED* , unless activation didn't cost a turn (quick cast), and then take EP for upkeep + stop if your EP was drained (not depleted on its own). Having them always active (old system) would give them way too much power at no drawback - stat requirements aren't really a drawback, more like keeping some things in place** and limiting variety for some builds.

* Major code revision, comparable to Omega OR impossible for the time being (engine limitations)
** Flawed game design

I hope this explains my point of view a bit clearer, as of to why I'm against bringing back the old passives, but for making 'character traits' for each class - i.e. Reroute for TMs, BloodLust for BHs, <new passive trait> for BMs, etc. - and the examples I've used should be sufficient enough too.
You'd likely get a better explanation about AQ, from a different player, or you may ask in the AQ section about the "Sweep" and how it affects balance. You will likely get a reply from the KoO (Balance Team) explaining how and why.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
4/7/2014 0:27:57   
Taekwondokid998

I understand the logic behind making the switch from actives to passives, but it doesn't change the fact that there were people (like me) who got screwed by the change. I stopped playing after that update. I spent money IRL to change to cyber hunter for my class. They changed it and ruined my build. I spent a lot of time and effort making that specific build. After the changes, my gear became nearly obsolete because I would have to rework it to make my build more effective. I really don't want to grind again to make a new build. I was here since beta. I loved this game, even when there weren't a lot of people or a whole lot of things to do. The changes during omega ruined it for me. First they made all gear the same. Then this. I preferred being owned by varium users rather than the current system we have now. At least it was fun back then.
Post #: 8
4/7/2014 1:53:47   
kosmo

The point of passive to active was to make it easier to balance the skill three in future, while having the passives replaced by cores, wich are weacker (still the most pointless part of build) and expecially, accessible to all the classes.Ninja reflex, aim assist and lucky strike nearly became a requirment for evry build, passives are a must even more than before.
Epic  Post #: 9
4/8/2014 14:17:15   
edwardvulture

Who else agrees that passives made classes fun and distinctive and allowed more builds? It might be easier to balance out active skills but at this state, at least in my level range, and as I have stated, active skills are ironically being used less than ever. Purchaseable passives however, are very similar to enhancements, actually some are de facto enhancements, which is sort of funny. Anyways, it might be harder to balance out passives(in my case, 0-cost skills) with a second skill tree, but I have a feeling that players will enjoy all the new build possibilities and increased strategic gameplay that comes with it, of course, stats, rage etc, also have to be resolved eventually.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
4/8/2014 14:39:44   
EpicIsEpic

Or maby we should make "passives" class specific so when ur a TM u'll have reroute ect.
Post #: 11
4/25/2014 2:14:11   
edwardvulture

The devs said passives will never return the way they were, and they shouldn't because as I explained, the old passives, like reroute, blood lust, are universally useful just like skills that have no cost such as battery back up, assim and they really do not belong in the same category.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
4/25/2014 3:06:46   
InFlamed Fury

Does anyone in the game still use the skill Shadow Arts? From what i have seen absolutely no player in the game uses it as it is pretty much a shield that prevents a small percentage of damage done to the defender. At Max level it is only as good as a debuffed (Through the use of the Azrael Bot's Special and the Auxiliaries Core) defense matrix, energy shield or reflex boost.

Most players would say that they would rather spend half or less than half energy to put up a shield which may or may not end up getting debuffed by the opponent.

Eg. Level 31 Cyber Hunter can use a level 4 Defense Matrix with 42 support which gives a 210 boost to defense OR they could use a level 4 Shadow arts which only prevents 18% of all damage done to him/her which won't really help you prevent that much damage while the defense matrix gives you a dam good way to prevent any decent damage being done.

When Shadow Arts was changed to an active it should have increased the block chance by small percentage and lasted 4-5 rounds AND given a % of damage reduced while active. In other words it should combine the two versions of the Shadow Arts skill, both the old version and the new one.

Level 1: 1% increase to blocking chance AND 10% damage reduction
Level 2: 2% increase to blocking chance AND 12% damage reduction
Level 3: 3% increase to blocking chance AND 15% damage reduction
Level 4: 4% increase to blocking chance AND 17% damage reduction
Level 5: 5% increase to blocking chance AND 20% damage reduction
Level 6: 6% increase to blocking chance AND 22% damage reduction
Level 7: 7% increase to blocking chance AND 25% damage reduction
Level 8: 8% increase to blocking chance AND 27% damage reduction
Level 9: 9% increase to blocking chance AND 30% damage reduction
Level 10: 10% increase to blocking chance AND 32% damage reduction

Energy Costs
Level 1: 100
Level 2: 120
Level 3: 135
Level 4: 155
Level 5: 170
Level 6: 190
Level 7: 205
Level 8: 225
Level 9: 240
Level 10: 255

Stat Requirements:
Level 1: 23 Support
Level 2: 25 Support
Level 3: 27 Support
Level 4: 29 Support
Level 5: 31 Support
Level 6: 33 Support
Level 7: 35 Support
Level 8: 37 Support
Level 9: 39 Support
Level 10: 41 Support

Those stats are just an idea of what it could look like and in no way do I intend for this to be OP, i just want the skill to actually be usable for the classes that have it. Of course any changes to not make it OP are welcomed, again this is just an idea.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/25/2014 4:44:43   
Striker44

Shadow Arts have 2 major obstacles to be usable ,high energy cost and support req beside not so great damage reduction. I say to add a secondary effect like a life regen from damage (let say 10 ÷ 18% max) for cybers and energy regen from damage (15 ÷ 28% max) for bountyes
Post #: 14
4/25/2014 9:40:17   
InFlamed Fury

If Bounty Hunter was to receive and energy regain while Cyber Hunter receives a health regain, they would have to make 2 new skills and get rid of Shadow Arts. What i'm suggesting is that Shadow Arts becomes a combination of the two versions of it (Old Version and New Version) with a slightly lower energy cost and support requirement. I'm not asking for two new skills that will in turn end up giving Bounty and Cyber Hunter a buff that provides a regen. Bounty Hunter already has an active regen called Mark of Blood which gives them a % of HP back based on all damage dealt to the Marked opponent. Giving them a way to gain energy AND health at the same time would make the class more powerful than it already is. Bounty Hunter is Fine right now and my suggestion for Shadow Arts is to give it a greater use and actually get players to invest in it.

Thanks for your idea but i personally don't think that it should be added.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Passive to Actives: Inordinate Reprecussions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition