Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Is Varium Fair or Unfair?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Is Varium Fair or Unfair?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/3/2014 17:08:01   
The berserker killer

Before you read this post I must remind you that we are all part of the same community so please respect eachothers feedbacks and please try to restrain from making rude or ignorant remarks in order to keep this page open and unlocked for discussion. Thank You!!

I look around here on forums and I just become sad because for the past few months that I have been playing this game I would see people say "You should get a forums" or "Forums are what help the game to change and become better!", and that is true! Wayyyy back then, in the old phases, I would search through the forums (Not posting anything) and just see calm discussions and everyone would thoroughly debate a topic while staying on topic! Valid arguments would be made left and right and they just supported eachother which made it easier for Moderators or Dev's to take a thread seriously. I know that because the majority of those ideas were accepted into game just soon after that thread!

But somewhere along the line we have changed, now all I see is people fighting with each other on every topic about 2 main things. Balance, and Varium, regardless of the topic. I mean I see it everywhere. It's sad because there are some real good ideas out there on certain threads that become locked and discarded because players always decide to bring up "It gives an Unfair advantage to Varium users" then the reason that thread was created just gets forgotten and people start Fighting about how unfair Varium is. That inevitably results in a longer timespan of updates because the Staff are running out of ideas and we're not giving them any good feedback on the good ideas that are on here! Well here's the thread you are all looking for and by doing this I just want to accomplish 2 things.

1) Give you a place to discuss the Fairness or Unfairness of Varium

2) Allow the really good ideas out there to be commented on with a simple "I don't think that's a good idea because..." or "That's a wonderful idea!" so more releases can happen sooner. Maybe even bi-weekly

So I just ask you, do you think that Varium is unfair? Personally I see it as a perk that you have the "OPTION" to buy, and the reason why I emphasize "OPTION" is because EVERYONE can do it by filling out surveys or buying it. Everyone can do it, so I find it very benighted to say "Varium is unfair". What do you think

--Ghost God--

Edit:Bold

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 4/3/2014 17:23:55 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
4/3/2014 17:35:13   
Variation

I don't believe varium is unfair, all it does is serve as a shortcut. Honestly in my opinion varium doesn't have enough uses. I think it is a great idea that they allowed shells/bombs to be obtainable with varium. Some of us have college and real life priorities and just don't have the time to do 100+ battles a day for a decent amount influence. At least with varium the ones of us who don't have a lot of spare time can actually help our alignment instead of just staying idle in Dread War 2.0. Now I'm just hoping they add npc brainwash back, that would be so useful for some of us...
Post #: 2
4/3/2014 18:10:35   
The berserker killer

Thank you! I am looking for a valid argument against that now.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
4/3/2014 18:16:27   
kosmo

The biggest goal of omega and of ED was turning var in a shortcut only.Just a few games out of thousand out there are really F2P and ED is one of these, it seems impossible to see only 300 people online evryday, this because noone knows the existence of ED, they never really invested nothing in this game, atleast it will last long due to this....
Epic  Post #: 4
4/3/2014 18:19:31   
Mother1

With the way it is now that same shortcut give an unfair advantage to lower levels. At the higher ones it doesn't matter but lower levels especially early lower ones it would give an advantage.

Also with this war since there is no limit or any restriction to the way the bombs work anyone with money could just bomb the heck out of something without doing a single battle.

At least with the old cannons and shields you had to battle and win to earn the influence needed to use them again.

This war would be a lot more fair if it followed that old system. Meaning if you want to use a bomb/shell you need to win a battle or two to do so. Otherwise it is 100% pay to win which is unfair to those who have to work for their influence.
Epic  Post #: 5
4/3/2014 18:57:58   
The berserker killer

@Mother

Thats life. And honestly most of them are alts. Leave them for the mods to catch. It is not like you can be a lower level forever. And sorry, no offense, but this is not for discussion about war! No offense!!

--Ghost God--

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 4/3/2014 18:59:57 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
4/3/2014 19:33:20   
Mother1

@ the berserker killer

You asked whether a question and I answered it. I disagreed with what you said and it was my opinion. But in all honestly while I know this there needs to be limits to this because it is because of this advantage that many players are driven away from the game.
Epic  Post #: 7
4/3/2014 20:09:40   
Variation

I disagree with that Mother. I don't think it's the varium advantage at low levels that draw players away... I play a lot on low level alts and rarely am I up against someone who noticeably uses varium. I would say the matchmaking system is the biggest factor to why a player may quit. Players don't like losing and sadly most of the time that level advantage is greater than the skill advantage.
Post #: 8
4/3/2014 23:26:46   
edwardvulture

On top of skill and level advantage, there is the OP build advantage. Veteran players that choose to start again will use whatever OP build to win as much as possible to get to the top again at the expense of neophyte players who do not fully grasp this game yet. The problem is balance and right now, Varium/non-varium are nearly at equal ground in battling so it is not an issue. Of course there could be a lot more exclusive content for Varium players, but I'd suggest you use the suggestion thread? It has been a long time or never has it been that a holistic balance update was made and very rarely do players look at balance holistically therefore leading to half-baked suggestions such as repeatedly singling out a or several builds as overpowered that ultimately lead players away from the game.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
4/3/2014 23:58:02   
  Exploding Penguin

IMO varium isn't unfair. It's literally just shortcut/access to new content which really doesn't influence how much you win battles. The only way it could is by shortcutting to a newly released core which is OP, but then it's not really varium that's causing the problem, it's the core.
Epic  Post #: 10
4/4/2014 6:51:20   
kaiseryeux21

i agree with exploding. It's not the varium itself that is the problem. It is the EXCLUSIVENESS of some weapons/cores that can only be acquired by using variums. Luckily to some, they are rich enough to buy loads of variums to gain that new stuffs, sadly to others, (including me) we can only afford to buy stuffs with credits because varium is very expensive in our place. Well thats life, and acceptance is a must.
DF Epic  Post #: 11
4/4/2014 8:00:24   
overdead

We need better varium packages with better items. lol
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/4/2014 8:32:07   
The berserker killer

@Kaiseryeux21

But ED gives you free varium for filling out surveys. Some people just decide to support the game instead by paying for it upfront. This is a valid statement exemplifying how fair and accessible varium is. Please, someone tell me its unfairness?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
4/4/2014 8:52:09   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above note that surveys and offers are not available/accessible for a large number of players because they live outside of the US, Australia etc. while most that live in places with surveys available often have the money to buy varium.

when it comes to winning wars or something vs. something event, varium can be abused, making one side gain points much faster than the other, it just takes the fun out of a competitive event.

with the occasional unstable class/skill balance updates, varium users can save themselves a few hundreds of losses by simply using it to change to a current more abusable and powerful class while those without it would be suffering from losses if they aren't of that class, trying hard to earn the credits for class change.

life is harsh but games are meant to be enjoyable for those who plays it, varium can only be fair when these kind of things don't happen.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/4/2014 8:58:14   
Lord Noonien Soong

Well now we use credits mostly for everything, couldn't balme the staff if they at least made a few varium exclusive, I would've thought this is more of a Delta discussion than Omega

DF  Post #: 15
4/4/2014 9:00:17   
InFlamed Fury

Majority of the time you will either be using varium to get a special weapon, equipment, just so you can have good looking items or change class. That's what I personally see varium being used for.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/4/2014 9:04:01   
The berserker killer

Yes sorry Lord Noonien, I wasnt active in Delta. @Fury, thats all I see it being used for too. Gives you cooler looking stuff faster. @Centrino, well the majority of people have access to varium. No place, or no game is completely available to everyone.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 17
4/4/2014 9:15:37   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above and the majority of people left to play the game are varium users since it's the money they spent that's keeping them here.(200-300 people, not a big player base is it?) you should know that before, the majority are non varium users(that's when ED had a bigger player base 2000-3000)

i can think of many ways for the devs to monetize the game while keeping it fair and all, the current approach is not the most appealing since once players see the design notes they would be like "oh a new package with......pretty useless stuff even if it's for the war, no missions, no major balance changes, no incentives to keep me playing without dumping my money, oh well, i guess i just have to wait a bit more longer for something interesting then."

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 4/4/2014 9:24:20 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/4/2014 10:37:34   
The berserker killer

@ above with all due respect this is a game, just like others and some people take it more seriously than others. For those of you who don't buy varium you probably spend your money on other games, xbox, consoles, whatever your interests are. That's your fault, and varium users should not be penalized for it. We're not rich. We take this game seriously and would rather spend our money here than on an Xbox. Calling Varium Users "Rich" is the equivalent of calling Xbox Gold Members "Rich". It only requires 20 bucks. Not 10,000. For that reason I rule your argument invalid.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
4/4/2014 10:42:08   
STRUT MY MUTT

Without varium users, the game would wither away and die. You should be thanking us. ;p
Post #: 20
4/4/2014 10:45:51   
The berserker killer

Thank you. Someone understands. With that being said, I think Varium is fair. Completely.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 21
4/5/2014 2:07:50   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above wow, can't believe you totally missed the main point of the post, most varium users continue to play because it's the money that they spent on this game that's keeping them here and they expect the devs to finally make the game a bit more interesting and fun, i am a varium user myself so you don't really have any right to mark my argument as invalid ;)

surely varium users keep the game alive by supporting it, however it wouldn't last any longer if things continue as they are right now.

The large non varium player base is what kept the game interesting and fun all these years, without them we would be likely to fight the same person every 2-5 battles, i would seriously be concerned if you don't think that's boring and repetitive, especially if almost everyone in the game has similar equipment and builds.

Im speaking from experience because i have been with ED since the start of alpha and saw how the game change and evolve many times.

(just because one does not agree with you, do you really have to pull out something like "i rule your argument invalid"? i thought you wanted this to be reasonable and civil not extremely immature)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/5/2014 8:37:05   
The berserker killer

Yes, I apologize. That part was definitely not mature, haha and i than kyou for calling me out on it! I definitely see where you are coming from though. Now all i'm getting are the same matches with the same weapons, same builds, and same people.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 23
4/5/2014 8:40:30   
Ranloth
Banned

I'll just agree with what Exploding Penguin has said. It's only classified as P2W advantage when imbalance comes into play, but that's still not a proper P2W advantage (nor Devs trying to bring it back), but bad decision making when it comes to balance.
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
4/5/2014 9:50:04   
comicalbike

well there is no balance now game broken till fixed
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Is Varium Fair or Unfair?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition