Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Class passive cores/ Skill diversity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class passive cores/ Skill diversity
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/6/2014 19:12:50   
Cyber Dream

Class Cores

What I am suggesting is that each class and their evolved classes should have their actives(old passives) turned into cores and have the actives replaced with a new skill.

I will used Merc and Tlm as an example.

Merc Passives turned Actives

• Hybrid Armor

• Adrenaline

Tlm Passives turned Actives

• Mineral Armor

• Reroute-Battery

So all these skills will become cores only avaliable to Mercenary and Tlm. Same goes for Tm-Bm, Bh-Ch. As for what skills can be used to replace the active, I don't know. Help?

Skill Diversity

So the idea here is to make 1 skill usable in different ways. I will explain what I mean using the Mercenary skill Maul When picking the skill, you will also have to pick what function you want the skill to do.

Maul
  • Strike an enemy, ignoring 20% of their defenses with a chance to stun them Energy cost: (120 Energy (+20 per skill level increase)

• Strike an enemy capping you damage at 30 with a 100% stun Energy cost: 300 Energy (+10 per skill level increase)

• Strike an enemy ignoring 80% of their defense Energy cost: 250 Energy (+15 per skill level increase)

Note: these are just examples

And again, you can only pick one of these functions when selecting the skill.

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 4/11/2014 16:12:44 >
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    4/11/2014 0:39:58   
    InFlamed Fury

I easily support this. Now it's just the same build being spammed over and over without any kind of variety due mainly to passives being gone.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    4/11/2014 9:10:13   
    Oswald Cobblepot

I agree with @InFlamed Fury !
    AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    4/11/2014 16:23:30   
    Cyber Dream

Biggest problem in ED besides matchmaking

quote:

I easily support this. Now it's just the same build being spammed over and over without any kind of variety due mainly to passives being gone.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 4
    4/11/2014 17:08:09   
    edwardvulture

If it was a purchasable core, then everyone would have to buy it just to compete and that would unjustify why passives were removed in the first place. So you are suggesting that passive cores be like you either have adrenaline rush or hybrid? That could work....but their effect would have to be severely limited compared to the past because cores are not suppose to be a requirement to win.
    I personally like my own idea of a split skill tree better because everyone gets its and you get to choose passives/0-cost skills. For example, if you have a tank build, you can choose battery backup over reroute. That kind of choice would lead to a lot more build diversity than if we were fixed to a certain amount of choices like now, where we really only have 2 build options, 5 focus and spike(0 sup, high hp, high str. etc.).
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class passive cores/ Skill diversity
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition