Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Class passives

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class passives
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/9/2014 14:00:53   
EpicIsEpic

This idea recently came up for why we should bring passives back.

My idea would be that they would get class "locked" e.g. TM would have Reroute & DA & as you level up the effect would get stronger.
Legendary stats could add to this although i am not fan of legendary stats (as they are now but that is another topic)

This would allow more diversity and class diversity between each other.

Any feedback appreciated.
Post #: 1
4/9/2014 15:13:48   
GearzHeadz

Ha I came up with a system like this a few weeks back and called it class passives as well! So of course I support.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/9/2014 16:01:39   
EpicIsEpic

I am very sorry. I havent been too active on forums.
Post #: 3
4/9/2014 16:11:01   
Cyber Dream

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21651208

Try now

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 4/10/2014 11:30:29 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/9/2014 18:10:16   
  Exploding Penguin

@Cyber Dream: The link you gave doesn't work

I've actually suggested this multiple times too.
Epic  Post #: 5
4/9/2014 18:32:23   
Dual Thrusters

@exploding

He switched the link name and URL when he tried to post it, lol
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/10/2014 6:46:57   
Cyber Dream

@dual*Walks out of dark corner* So you think that's funny huh?
@Penguin it's amazing how much stuff gets overlooked in the suggestion fourms
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/12/2014 1:37:58   
edwardvulture

If they were fixed passives based on levels this could work, but that would sort of take the "choice" factor out of passive skills which could be either good or bad depending on where you stand on the issue.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
4/12/2014 5:23:32   
EpicIsEpic

@edwardvulture
Look we all remember delta and before when passives existed...
There really was no choice...
And IMO this would only be good because class diversity and every one maxed their main passives (Reroute, HA, BL ect.) ending up to less skillpoints ect.
Also this could work like every 4 levels you get a special skillpoint and on a new skill tree you could ether spend it on 3 different things for each class (all passives).

So for TM's they could spend it on Reroute, Deadly aim & a new passive skill.
For Tlm they could spend on MA, Reroute, & new skill

(Optional) Maybe each class with overlapping passive skills like bloodlust for BM & BH could have different MAX levels & different % gained for a skillpoint e.g.
For Bountyhunter
There are 4 levels for bloodlust but with each special skillpoint they would gain 4.5% (At MAX 18%)
For Bloodmages
Could have 6 levels for BL but with each of their special skillpoint they could gain 4% (At MAX 24%)

This would allow even more diversity between classes.
Post #: 9
4/12/2014 16:32:42   
edwardvulture

I can't exactly agree with you on that, BarneyPwnsYou (I really forgot how to spell his name) was able to create effective builds that didn't use passives at all. And there are many many instances where you didn't need to have every passive or having all of them maxed.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
4/12/2014 16:45:18   
EpicIsEpic

@edwardvulture
Let me ask you 3 questions.
1.) Did you do pvp at that time?
2.) Did BarneyStillPwnsU SHOW LOOSES or just edit them out for the most part?
& finally
was BarneyStillPwnsU varium player?
Post #: 11
4/12/2014 17:35:33   
edwardvulture

1. Yes I did do pvp at the time, oftentimes, my reroute was either level 4 with really high hp or the usual level 7. Also deadly aim for me, with most builds was about 4. Shadow arts was really optional.
2.+3. I don't think I saw the video I just saw the build and it looked like it would work, and yes Barney was a varium player.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 12
4/13/2014 10:25:57   
EpicIsEpic

@edwardvulture
I am talking about the main passives e.g. Tm had reroute & DA
reroute was main passive and you HAD to invest points into it to have a decent win%.

That would be ok BUT classes like tlm which had 2 of the main passives HA & Reroute or a bit later MA & Reroute.
Normally (95/100) battles had them eather maxed or close to max (meaning they used 15-20 skillpoints severely decreasing diversity)

With this method they would have to CHOOSE whats the best for their build and just couldn't get every passive increasing diversity a lot.
Also the chance of meeting the same build with the same passives would decrease a lot meaning that everyone would have different types of build they could beat.
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Class passives
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition