Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Elemental Plane Record

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: The Elemental Plane Record
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/14/2014 23:30:50   
Drakath_SlugWrath

i tried but i could not really get that to work so what im doing as a starter is copying styles and changing alot about them im close to were i dont need to copy its just a way to start not a permanent thing
DF AQW  Post #: 26
8/18/2014 11:20:28   
LigerBeard

@Drakath: Thank you for the advice, I just usually like to do front views more than side views. But I will attempt to work on my side views!

Also, I made a new elemental spirit today that might better represent myself as a person. And since I already did a normal elemental spirit,
I decided that it'd be best to also do a corrupted elemental spirit.

Delphi, The Corrupted Elemental Fire Spirit of Obsession

Her element being fire, Delphi is the Corrupted Elemental Spirit of Obsession. She is well known for her special ability, also known as "The Eye of the Oracle". Using this eye, she is able to look into the soul of her opponent, allowing her to gather information on her opponent. With weaker souls or spirits, she is even able to find weaknesses, and even memorize the entire history of her opponent's life! However, It won't work against especially stronger beings, or against undead.

Delphi can also be easily distracted, but she can focus enough to get the job done. She also admires other famous weavers greatly, sometimes going to extreme lengths to see them or talk to them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/3/2014 0:14:09   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Makin' descriptions for your spirits like Lupus, eh? x)

I like what you've done to Delphi's left eye, and I like the theme associated with her—Obsession fits well and is a very interesting quality for a corrupted spirit, personally. Makes me wonder what she did in life to make her the way she is now. It's also good you're dabbling with both "good" and "bad" Elemental Spirits rather than just one side. How'd you come up with Hera's and Delphi's respective symbols, anyhow?

It's also funny that "Hera" is the name of the Spirit of Kindness.

Design-wise...well. I'll just >>"accidentally" drop this link here<<.

[/innocently whistles]

Seriously though, I wasn't lying when I said I liked Delphi's left eye. It's a unique feature of hers. And it totally isn't wrong that you picked female human shapes or those particular clothes for both of your spirits, because for all we know, Hera and Delphi WANT to look human. I can respect that. Not to mention that pretty much all of the Elemental Spirits we've seen so far besides Izaac's (which was on Twitter) have looked humanoid.

Sometimes, however...it requires a few words from a maker himself to really put a green light to things. And after reading that tweet from Tomix, I think we can both agree that that was a green light to open up potential for crazier spirits than humanoid ones that could be from our own era. I'm not saying "CHANGE THESE SPIRITS INTO TIGERS AND BEARS NAO" but I think you can let go of some norms of our modern society and get creative with Hera and Delphi's forms. Dress? How about adding a veil decorated with coral and water droplets? Hair? Maybe give them horns that curve like Yashta's? A belt? Add wings to 'em! Skirt? How about forgoing legs and give them a snake's body like Medusa? Then, they could be really unique and your own. : p

This is just how I look at it, anyway. I find it fantastic that you've explored what possibilities Elemental Spirits can be. And I'm so sorry that it took me so long to get back to you.

< Message edited by Tybira -- 9/3/2014 0:21:13 >
DF  Post #: 28
10/2/2014 16:10:00   
LigerBeard

Alright, finally finished my personal character's design. However, there has been a slight change of plans. Instead of a SoulSmith character, I decided to do a Murk character based on my theory involving the Murks(I.E, that they are a being resulting from the permanent fusion between a soulweaver and his soulally).
So without further ado, I give you Sir Jonah, The Murk of Sorrow
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/8/2014 4:52:02   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

He certainly looks sorrowful. : p

I'm a bit disappointed that y'switched from a SoulSmith to a Murk, but at the same time, since we don't know much about the "fourth Weaving family," this is also a great moment to throw around visual representations of what could be acceptable for a Murk. Plenty of ideas exist, including your own, and most are possible.

Skipping over my personal opinion of what a Murk is—I like that your drawing provides an apt glimpse of your theory. With how little we really know about Elemental Spirits and related topics, it's logical to think that a person fused with a spirit would obtain their "quality title" (eg. sorrow) and wear it like any other Elemental Spirit would. (I wonder what Roirr's title would be in that case?) It also isn't far-fetched to think that the person's eyes would have black sclerae because of Roirr/Murk, glowing patterns on their skin, or that the person might keep some physical similarities to their old SoulAlly. (For all we know, Roirr's ally wore a poncho. Or pants.) Methinks y'could've been a bit more creative with Jonah's clothing though. The strands of tears hanging off his arms are a nice touch (kudos!)—but now the rest of him looks oddly plain. Maybe you could spice up his robe a tad?

And lastly, anatomy would be good for you to work on. ; ]
DF  Post #: 30
10/8/2014 10:51:33   
LigerBeard

@Tybira: Thanks for your reply! First, I'd like to say that the more cartoonish anatomy is purposeful for the most part. You see, I wanted to make him very tall and lanky, and because I have a slight level of knowledge in cartooning, I thought I'd try to let it shine in my personal character!

Also, I admit, I was originally worried about the robe being too plain, but I couldn't figure out a way to fix it. However, I recently had the idea to possibly make it more tattered. Might try it in a new picture to see if it looks better!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
10/9/2014 19:07:29   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Interesting...may I ask what style of cartooning you're going for? Heaven knows just how many there are now.
DF  Post #: 32
10/9/2014 19:44:35   
LigerBeard

Above: Well, I don't know if it counts as a style, but I did gather inspiration for his forms from Crona from Soul Eater!

But, as far as a cartooning style, I'd have to say that I try to go for a little bit of both American cartooning and Anime styling at the same time. Although most of the time, one outweighs the other XD.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
10/22/2014 13:12:39   
LigerBeard

Alright, I decided to try doing a new Murk design to see if it is better than my sorrow one. So, without further ado, I present to you Sir Jonah, The Water Murk of Kindness
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/4/2014 12:59:03   
LigerBeard

Okay guys, I believe I have finally decided on a permanent new design for my character, Sir Jonah. I will attempt to put a description of his abilities and personality under the link.

Sir Jonah, The Toy Maker of Wanderland

Being the greatest of toy makers in all of Wanderland(and now in Lore), it's no surprise that most of his fighting techniques involve toys. Not only can he use carefully constructed toy soldiers to fight for him, he also can morph his hands using lego-like magic bricks, among many other tricks that he has up his sleeves. One other thing that makes him unique is that he can fight for extremely long durations of time, provided that he keeps the clockwork key in his head wound up.
Another thing that sets him apart from other residents of Wanderland is his kindness and generousity. Back when he was in Wanderland, he was even known to give away toys to the poorer denizens of Wanderland(Much to the Queen of Tarts's displeasure). However, if anybody tries to threaten the people he cares about, he will go into full fight mode to protect them.

Oh, and one more thing. If the description above seems vague, it's because I have yet to write his backstory, and unfortunately cannot write it here. However, I will eventually attempt to write it and put it into the description of the piece itself.

Oh, and of course, opinions are appreciated!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/6/2014 1:18:50   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Since you mentioned the new child template, I'm guessing Jonah resembles a kid more than an adult now? It seems a little odd to call him a "Sir" in this state.
Anyway. I still think you can be a little more creative with your character designing. You have ideas, no doubt about it—you just need to expand on those ideas a tad. A wind-up key? Great. A building block hat? Even better. But the rest of him...not as striking. I can see him looking fabulous in it, yes. However, it's not a design that "shines" if that makes much sense. Maybe that's something you wanted to cover through his backstory though. I wouldn't know.

I won't critique the anatomy or proportions since you've previously said you wanted a cartoonish style.

As a last remark, it's funny you've gone a small circle in character designing. He was a Doll Maker at one point, then a bard, then a Murk, and now a Toy Maker. What's next, I wonder. : p

The Water Murk of Kindness is still, by far, my most favored concept here. Although I can't pin down why I like him so much...something just appeals to me about how sleek and enigmatic he could be.
DF  Post #: 36
12/13/2014 12:45:24   
LigerBeard

Okay, now I know I said that the Toymaker design would be my final, permanent design for Sir Jonah. But as the great philosopher Tomix said, "I liiiiiieeeeed"!

You see, I felt like my Toymaker design, while very good, didn't reflect me as a person that well. So I decided to make my personal character reflect my favorite holiday of all: Halloween!

So, without further ado, I present to you the brand new design for Sir Jonah, a.k.a, The Boogeyman!

I feel really proud of this design, but I'd also like to know what you guys think, so please tell me what you think in the comments!

Edit: And yes, I do know it's an odd time to make a halloween-ish character!

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 12/13/2014 22:23:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/14/2014 19:50:08   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Y'know, you probably have enough redesigns by this point to have more than one OC up your sleeves. Just a thought. ; )

The Boogeyman simultaneously reminds me of Kingdom Hearts and Spirited Away/kabuki masks, unsurprisingly. Or The Nightmare Before Christmas. It does reflect a certain love for Halloween with his odd form, spikes, and coils.
DF  Post #: 38
12/15/2014 7:49:38   
LigerBeard

Above: Funny you should mention Kingdom Hearts, because I have never played Kingdom Hearts before. Ever. Also, never seen Spirited Away.

But yes, I drew inspiration from Nightmare Before Christmas, which is my favorite movie of all time! Also had to look up different depictions of the Boogeyman in order to decide my coarse of action.

Oh, and yeah, I do realize that I do have a lot of designs! I guess that's the good thing that comes when you have a hard time making up your mind!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/14/2015 14:45:39   
LigerBeard

Ok, so recently I decided to try to do something I wanted to do for a long time: Make a creepy clown! And after I did it, my first thought was: "Wow, this'd be perfect as my DF personal character!"

So now, I present to you Giggles the Clown!

Opinions are very much appreciated as always!

Edit: Okay, so I have decided to make Giggles into a separate OC, so my Boogeyman design from before is still my personal character's design(I might do a revamp of it in the future, but for now it stays as it is).

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 1/16/2015 13:44:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/17/2015 2:25:46   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Two characters now? That's enough for a ship! [/shot]
Again, I like your ideas. Giggles sounds like a particularly interesting being to play around with (IC and OOC) and his general design seems to work out pretty well, minus that Zazul isn't in the DFverse.

I'm a little curious about how Giggles would appear if he were, say, to be standing right in front of me though. Again, you did mention that you were going for a cartoony art style, but would his body resemble our own proportions if he was in a 3D form? Or maybe his arms hang more like a gorilla's? Perhaps his hips jut out in a far more angular fashion than is natural for a human? It'd be nice to have a realistic drawing of him sometime. Or maybe of another new character if Giggles has already lost your interest. ; )
DF  Post #: 41
1/22/2015 12:45:26   
LigerBeard

Okay, so I believe I came up with a new character design that I really like. However, unlike the others, this is a 2-part design.

The 1st part is known as the Absolute Safety Chamber.

The 2nd part will be a view of my actual character inside the chamber.

The story behind him and the chamber is in the description.

Opinions are appreciated!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/22/2015 12:50:32   
Womba

No inspiration was taken from Mother 3.

Right...?
DF AQW  Post #: 43
1/30/2015 14:32:58   
LigerBeard

Alright, so I looked back at my Toy Maker design recently... and I realized how much I actually like it!! I guess the real reason why I didn't like it as much before was because I didn't realize the most important part of my personal character: That I think it's good!

So, I think I'm going to just keep my Toy Maker design as my personal character's design. However, I'm not going to make any promises, just in case I end up changing my mind(which I seem to have a bad habit of doing)!

Scratch that, I'm keeping the chamber design!

Hopefully I'll be able to make an NPC view of him inside of the chamber sometime in the future!

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 1/30/2015 17:23:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/1/2015 18:09:00   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Hey LigerBeard, I noticed that you've got some trouble choosing your personal character design.
You had asked me to make an OS version of your personal character . . .
Which I didn't do, unfortunately. I was toying around with the designs and decided to do a "real" version which spiraled into a . . . well, you can see there.
Here's a tip: if you don't know which design to pick, then combine all of them!

http://i.imgur.com/vteN75q.jpg
I combined the Toymaker with the Boogeyman into one character :D
Also I took a look at the Safety Chamber and incorporated some of the characteristics of that character into this one.

I can't think of a backstory for this version so I'll just break it down into basic facts.
---Sir Jonah the Toymaker harbors a malicious entity known as the Boogeyman. It can help him greatly in combat, but Sir Jonah finds it increasingly hard to control.
To counter the Boogeyman, Sir Jonah has fashioned a locking system to keep the Boogeyman from breaking out inside him. His shirt has three buttons in which he can insert a key he keeps around his neck. By unlocking certain buttons Sir Jonah can either summon the Boogeyman or transform into the Boogeyman.
---Sir Jonah has terrific endurance due to the key stuck in his head. By keeping it wound up, he can fight for long periods without tiring. However, this arises the issue of enemies trying to disable Sir Jonah. His key now, has a sharp point in the main hole. The key is difficult to wind, and if the user applies pressure, the point would prick into his or her hand and be lethal in 24 hours.
---Sir Jonah has a toyblock hat and a marble eye. Sometimes he uses his eyepatch.
---The Boogeyman is super fast and is almost a pure shadow.
---Ignore the music notes in the background; they're not meant to be there.
---Sir Jonah sometimes possesses the Boogeyman like a puppet.
---Sometimes, the Boogeyman gains control over Sir Jonah's physical form, turning him into a puppet until Sir Jonah can regain control.

Hope you like it :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/4/2015 12:00:55   
LigerBeard

@ChaosRipjaw: Thanks for the picture, and yeah, I do kind of have a bad habit of getting bored with designs really quickly.

Alright, I've now come up with a totally new design based on a forbidden magic! So without further ado, I present to you Sir Jonah, The Man with Molten Blood

Details about him are in the description, and feedback is appreciated!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
2/7/2015 15:49:31   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

The hair has been bugging me for days...and I just figured out why. It reminds me of hairstyles from Yu-Gi-Oh, like Yusei's or Yugi's, or (to a lesser extent) something from Dragonball Z. Mainly the former series though. Now I can't stop imagining Sir Jonah playing card games while riding motorcycles. :'D I am sorry.

Now that that's out of my system, I must say, I like the concept of element-infused-blood-wielders. He'd be in danger of blacking out a lot, of course, and I don't quite understand how he could regenerate blood just from high temperature environments unless he's somehow converting lava into new blood. Not to mention it sounds like he'd be crippled over with pain every time he gets pummelled into a heap of bruises. However, him being able to cleanse his body of various effects because of him being imbued with fire is pretty interesting. (I'm guessing you mentioned vampirism and lycanthropy because you happened to think of last week's Amityvale release?)

Personality-wise, it feels like he could be better described. But it's hard to pin down layers of characteristics in one sentence. I also wonder how exactly you're determining who his friends are, hah.

Lastly, on a more personal note...I'm flattered you decided Jonah's friend/crush is my character. But do remember that my toy doesn't have any official art yet. So for all you know, Ragsrun is a rock like Geo. Just sayin'. ; )
DF  Post #: 47
3/5/2015 13:20:29   
LigerBeard

Okay, so I know that I don't normally do this, but since I liked my Doll Maker idea, I decided to try to redo it.

So, without further ado, here's Sir Jonah the Doll Maker, Take 2.

Now, one major difference is that this new design, as far as his class goes, will revolve more around using the dolls to fight for him, so you might can expect me to post a couple of their designs here!

As always, details are about him in the description and feedback is appreciated!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
3/5/2015 20:29:38   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I actually like design 1 better since it was more original (toy block hat, wind up key) and I feel weird abput doll themed characters, considering the main villain from Madness Returns xD

I do like the apron though and also the button eyepatch. And he's a reclusive good guy, which is kinda cool :D

Are you going to go into variety for the dolls? I'd like to see him controlling a ventriloquist's dummy as a butler and a porcelain doll as a maid and possibly a few nutcrackers as guards.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
3/15/2015 15:03:41   
LigerBeard

Okay, so I looked back at all of my designs, and I think I decided which one I will keep, and that one is.... my Murk of Sorrow Design!

You see, I like the idea behind the Murks a lot, and out of all of my Murk designs, I feel that it communicates the vice of the soul-ally he's fused with, while at the same time, it still looks like a Murk

Don't worry, I plan to make a redesign of it soon, just to make it look a little better than it is.

In other news, I have acquired an art program for my birthday this year! I'm currently learning how to use it, but then, I plan to rework my Murk of Sorrow design and post it here!

Also, I got a chibi version of him as a form of preview for my new vision of him! I plan to post it sometime today so stay tuned!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> RE: The Elemental Plane Record
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition