Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Arthur's Superthread OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Arthur's Superthread OOC
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/10/2014 7:30:58   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hey there guys,

I think this is the second time I've put up a Superthread but here goes.

For now, I am working only with light games, games that don't follow a set storyline. I want to get the immense load off of me. That's why, I've compiled a list of some stuff that I am planning:

A&R Games-

The Gladiator's Call is an Arena Game that I've started working on only recently. You are a Gladiator blessed with only one of the elements and you have to fight your opponent in a deadly Tournament known as the Minotaur's Gauntlet. Should you win, you'll gain mastery over all elements and the minotaur's head as a cup.

Evil Reigns is a concept wherein you can either choose to fight as a Monster or as a Hunter in a number of obstacle rounds where the formats range from 1v1, 2v1, 2v2 or more if you want. With each battle, the plight of each side is decided. Bonus Challenge Rounds included.

A&R+PAM-

iJaeger Rider is a Racing Game implementing both A&R and PAM elements. You are Racers known as Jaegers who can rave either on Mechadragons, plain Dragons or on Jaegerbikes in a massive tournament comprising of a nunber of tracks, obstacles and of course, your aggressive opponents. Implementing a Timer Technology, you must execute moves that give you maximum speed and consume the least amount of time all while keeping an eye on your opponents. Winners will get the Universal Jaegar Cup and perhaps a bonus item/ability in one of my future games.

Upcoming A&R's-

Spirit: The Third Coming features you in the form of a Reaper who can shift into a Human and Spirit at will.As a Spirit, he can do stuff that he can't do as a Human but his vulnerability increases a lot.

AssassinSong is currently in stasis but I will revive it after the 20th.

So there's all I have up till now. Let me know what you like and what I should do first.

Also, let me know what kind of games do you like.

Have fun.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
4/10/2014 10:22:31   
megakyle777

Hrrrrm... quick question if I may. Would you be willing to take on a few of my game ideas at a later date? I've come up with a few of which details can be found in the OOC's OOC thread, such as:

A game where you make a Games Company like Nintendo or Sony and have to run it and get judged somehow.

A Alternate Universe Avatar The Last Airbender game.

Rise Of The Boss Monsters, of which you know about.

I'd mention Kingdoms Of The Hill but Chronomancer Callium wanted to run that.

As for what games I'd like to see, I like Evil Reigns the most because you can choose to play as a monster or a hunter.
DF  Post #: 2
4/10/2014 10:33:38   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Yeah sure, I'll definitely put your ideas into consideration although, I must say, the Avatar idea catches my attention the most, so I'll be keeping my hand on that one.

Seeing as they are YOUR ideas, I am not REALLY willing to execute them as the result might come as a disappointment to you.

As for Evil Reigns, I guess I'll do it in a Per Match Reservation Method where Players can jump in and out of every match or between matches and play the round to the end. This way, everybody'll get the chance and there won't be any 'Spots' system.

What say?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
4/10/2014 10:46:51   
megakyle777

Well, if you want, I can tell you in more detail what I was going for with each one so it's less likely you will disappoint. Though for the older ones it's been a while.

Way I see it, better they have a chance to live with someone who can make a game, then for me to come up with one, half do it, and then let it die.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/10/2014 10:47:03 >
DF  Post #: 4
4/10/2014 10:58:27   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

What...?? You think you CAN'T make a game??

Kyle, anyone can make a game, it's just knowing your story and knowing how to execute it in a broken format with the right plot points and the right detailing. There's not much to it.

If you want my opinion, make a game and run it first. Get a firsthand experience and then let me know how you felt about it.

And yeah, do give me some detailing about the Avatar idea please.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
4/10/2014 11:12:19   
megakyle777

It's not I don't think I can MAKE a game, it's I don't think I can RUN a game well. I can do the ideas, and the story, but the mechanics of a A and R are beyond me no matter how hard I try. I mean you tried to explain a simple one to me and it went right over my head. Mechanics I can't do and that's the real issue.
DF  Post #: 6
4/10/2014 14:22:54   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

You don't HAVE to apply complex mechanics. You can handle it completely through words if you want. Using mechanics is just ONE of the ways.

I got your PM btw.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
4/10/2014 15:34:18   
Rez

I would be interested to play an Avatar style game, Earthbenders FTW.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
4/10/2014 15:38:36   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hmm... The Concept idea that Kyle showed me is most interesting.

Kyle, I still think YOU should make this game. Just TRY for once and don't worry, none of the gamers here will eat you if you commit a mistake.

I seriously have a lot on my plate with AssassinSong and Evil Reigns. I might have to perma-lock AS seeing as deathlord and Kkut are AWOL.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
4/10/2014 16:00:02   
Lemonus

Why hasn't an alternate reality Hunger Games with us in it goat-based game been thought of yet?

Would be interested to know about some of those if you gave more info...
DF AQW  Post #: 10
4/10/2014 16:22:21   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Are you interested in any of these in particular? I can give more info about that one.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
4/11/2014 6:07:47   
kkutwar

Honestly something involving Persona-like things and/or biological related government stuff sounds entertaining. Anyways, I would like to know more about Spirits (specifically what a Reaper exactly is) and your intentions for a possible Avatar-AU. Since said game would be an AU you could do whatever you want, such as having the Airbenders being the malevolent nation instead of Fire or having a Dark Avatar earlier for starters. Ooh, perhaps you would consider running an inFamous A&R?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/11/2014 6:14:51   
megakyle777

Kkutwar: I don't know what he'll do with the idea or whatnot for Avatar, or if I will run it (Unlikely, since while I am willing to make games I think a game like that would be better in more experienced hands) but the original post was this:

quote:

Basically, you know how Iroh turns good after his son dies in The Siege of Ba Sing Se way back in the backstory? Well, in this Iroh's son Lu Ten does not die, and Iroh thus conquers Ba Sing Se and becomes Fire Lord, with Lu Ten as his right hand. The game would deal with you (Either as a Bender or some sort of normal guy with awesome skill like that Bounty Hunter woman or a Yu Yen Archer) having to deal with both the psychical, mental and spiritual issues that Iroh's victory caused, as Spirits start to go mad due to the world's imbalance. This could create a few interesting turns like Zuko being evil, or maybe The Avatar is never even found and people go on believing him dead.
DF  Post #: 13
4/11/2014 7:51:18   
Lemonus

Just wondering, how will iJaeger Rider work?
DF AQW  Post #: 14
4/12/2014 17:07:50   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Kkut, as Kyle said, there is already a pre-planned story for the Avatar game. Doesn't mean there can't be some additions into the plot.

As for the inFamous game, I actually like the concept of inFamous but it tends to become a bit too generic after a while.

Spirit will find you in the role of a normal human being who was thrust with the ability to see the world in a different view, known as the Noirephase. While the location stays the same, its components change from within. Here the player can find hidden pathways, ways to cross obstacles that he otherwise won't be able to do IRL. He is now a Reaper who, in order to keep his humanity must constantly find and reap souls until he finds the person who cursed him.

So there.

Additional games I am planning are:

A Last Of Us extended storyline)spin-off known as The Last Of Them.

A game where you feature as a student stuck in the school by night with nothing to use but his skills and what he can find. However, something dangerous lurks within the shadows of the classrooms. I'll call this game, The Dark I. There are additional gameplay features that I won't reveal just yet.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
4/12/2014 17:15:37   
Lemonus

Dark I sounds kinda like your everyday anime that involves infiltrating dark classrooms.

Is it that hard to turn on the lights?
DF AQW  Post #: 16
4/12/2014 17:19:49   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

What if there is a power outage?

*kachick kachick kachick*Nope. The Lights don't work. And your flashlight is running out of battery. Slenderman The Dark is closing in with every minute.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
4/12/2014 17:23:56   
Lemonus

Because schools can't fix power outages. Unless some guy is always temporarily breaking the electrical systems and generators without the school staff even noticing. or some entity or power is preventing its usage.
DF AQW  Post #: 18
4/12/2014 17:28:50   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Dat Last Sentence...!!!

Well, my friend. You answered it yourself.

Basically, this entity or whatever it is knows you are in the school and has planned everything to trap you completely before striking. It's not restrained by a form. It is all-pervading. It exists inside the whole school campus.

What it is and what it wants is what the game deals with.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
4/12/2014 17:42:47   
Lemonus

Does Dark I occur in a span of one day?
DF AQW  Post #: 20
4/12/2014 18:55:17   
kkutwar

Okay, is it suppose to be "I am the Dark I!" or "I am the Dark One!" because Dark I sounds weird but I'm also considering the possibility that refers to some super-secret in-universe thing. Additionally, the thing could kill the player at any point and it would just be wasting its time to trap us if it intends to kill us anyways. No point in terrifying your prey unless its an actual requirement to do your feeding/murdering.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/13/2014 2:20:52   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Lemonus,

One Night, if that is what you mean. It will start at 12 o'clock midnight and end at 6 o'clock when the Janitor and authorities start coming in. You'll only have the Night Guards in the school premises till then. Every one hour, a Boss will show up and you have to find it's weakness and take it down, all while using what you have and what you know. Naturally, The Dark has an aversion to only White or Yellow light. Other things, you gotta find and figure.

Additionally, every update, your flashlight batteries die down by 5% pushing you to search for alternative light sources or batteries. Plus, if your skills include being able to whip something up using the tools you find, go ahead.

@Kkut, it is The Dark I which can be stylised as The Dark One. I am The Dark One actually lessens the effect of the game's point. Also, about immediately killing the player, well, you have 6 hours and a prey to play with. Do you kill it in 5 minutes and then just sit there bored or do you take it nice and slow?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
4/13/2014 2:22:50   
Lemonus

What stops me from buying extra batteries before entering?

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/13/2014 2:23:37 >
DF AQW  Post #: 23
4/13/2014 2:27:51   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

By all means, please do.

But, that would serve as gamebreaking as what brought you to school is not a ghost-hunting venture but rather, some mundane task in trying to complete which, you find yourself in this.

You might, as a coincidence, have a few extra batteries on your person. Anything more qualifies as OOC Knowledge Abuse.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 24
4/13/2014 2:31:08   
Lemonus

Sooo, said entities have some sort of sound-proof powers right? Because there's no way the guards wouldn't know. Or maybe they're asleep/eating donuts the whole night.
DF AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Arthur's Superthread OOC
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition