Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Arthur's Superthread OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Arthur's Superthread OOC
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/13/2014 12:59:23   
megakyle777

Interdimensional portals in your fridge. /Ghostbusters reference.
DF  Post #: 51
4/13/2014 13:02:47   
Lemonus

Banned because We should have a phone then if that's implemented
DF AQW  Post #: 52
4/13/2014 13:17:17   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Or perhaps freaky creatures making an entry through the kitchen sink?

My distributor just contacted me and mailed me this:

The Dark is coming.

< Message edited by Arthur -- 4/13/2014 13:19:23 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
4/13/2014 13:29:54   
megakyle777

I'm cooking op a storm for this game now. Not sure if I'll be good at being scary. but I think I have a good few ideas.
DF  Post #: 54
4/13/2014 13:46:24   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

This should be a LOT of fun.... scary fun. We'll have to have some pretty cool(and detailed) bios.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
4/13/2014 13:50:05   
megakyle777

I'm gonna make a Joke Bio:

Character Name: The Dark.
Personality: Not A Very Nice Person
Powers: Any power capable of making you suffer utter pants wetting terror.
Backstory: ...I don't know man, it's a malevolent entity that wants to end you, what more do you need?

XD
DF  Post #: 56
4/13/2014 14:02:32   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Lol. That can work fairly well. :P

A New Idea I got working up, thanks to Kkut:

inFame: The Forum Game is a game based on the popular Sucker Punch video-game series inFamous where you will find yourself as a Conduit with the ability to control 1 power of any kind(glass, wire, paper, cement, concrete, shadow, etc.). As you progress, you will be able to upgrade your Conduit skills in a fashion similar to the one seen in Second Son with consoles located in important locations of the world.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
4/13/2014 14:14:17   
Lemonus

Megakyle it's actually

The Dark @ Spooky Plate
Unnerve/Shadow Tag
Lonely - 4HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Shadow Sneak
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Mean Look/Dark Pulse

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/13/2014 14:18:09 >
DF AQW  Post #: 58
4/13/2014 14:16:24   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

quote:

The Dark @ Spooky Plate
Unnerve/Shadow Tag
4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Shadow Sneak
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Mean Look/Dark Pulse

Oh god... my stomach, it hurts from laughing. Stop it you guys, lest the game become a spoof of all horror games. :D
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
4/13/2014 14:20:32   
megakyle777

With a name like The Dark it pretty much HAS to be a spoof of Horror Games now. XD
DF  Post #: 60
4/13/2014 17:43:24   
kkutwar

I was kind of hoping you would respond to my PM and ask about the stuff I had planned when I proposed the idea. For one it makes more sense for our powers to improve with practice, and Stunts can be a way to develop new tricks. So using [Element] Bolt enough makes it enegry free like Cole's Bolt orginally was, while performing enough headshots causes explosion/coughing/etc to become a new trait of our Bolt. Additionally since only Electric Conduits and Delsin can drain Blast Cores others can't drain them. Instead I would propose everyone else would have an easier time with Practice and Stunts than them. Though as a super rare thing there could some sort of crystalline chuck of raw Ray Field Energy that instantly gives anyone a nice power boost. Additionally there could a Ray Sphere (like thing) that a PC could use to become even stronger.

Furthermore Karma could affect our powers development, so an evil Conduit could store more energy and be quicker at draining humans while a Good Conduit could drain more energy from a single source and have a overall lower energy loss rate. So Karma Level would directly affect an abilities Practice and Stunts. So a Evil Conduit gets one-hit kill headshots while a Good Conduit get Subdue Headshots. Furthermore, an Evil Conduit's Bolt would evolve into a machinegun or unitnterrupted beam while a Good Conduit's Bolt packs more power so it would knock the target down allowing time to run over and subdue. I would also suggest a Neutral Karma, which would cause abilities just to be stronger. So a Neutral Conduit would develop like a balance between Good and Evil.

I would also suggest the only abilities a PC Conduit starts off with is Drain, Imbue (elemental melee attacks) and one of the following: Bolt (fast light damage projectile), Blast (powerful pushing force), Rocket (slow powerful projectile), Grenade (thrown explosive), Thrusters (not-quite-flight), and Dash (rapid movement). Each of these can unlock new abilities, such Drain = Launch which involves being near a drainable source and using the energy to launch. I can explain more on this if you're interested but that is enough for now.

Anyways, The Dark has some screwed up priorities if it'll kill the adults in one hit only if they bother it. Does it even need to eat to survive?

< Message edited by kkutwar -- 4/13/2014 17:47:32 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
4/13/2014 17:52:28   
deathlord45

XD Wow reading the things for The Dark are pretty funny honestly. Seems like something I'd join in on.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
4/14/2014 1:24:28   
megakyle777

...Am I the only one who now WANTS it to be a spoof of Horror Games?
DF  Post #: 63
4/14/2014 2:24:15   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

It's actually tougher to make fun out of a game, I think.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 64
4/14/2014 2:40:20   
megakyle777

But then that allows me to be as cliche and silly as I like. Though I'd be cliche, silly, and hpefully scary at points. XD
DF  Post #: 65
4/14/2014 3:34:13   
kkutwar

So... What is the plot and setting for inFame? Additionally, would the PCs be newly awakened Conduits or could we play as Conduits that have already been awakened for some time? Furthermore, are you going to enforce a "One person per power" rule or would potentially allow every PC to use the same element? That, and do you have anything to say to what I wrote?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
4/14/2014 4:03:08   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

I am thinking of starting from a very basic plot as far as plot is concerned and work its way up the complexity scale. Also, every person will have unique powers, I am sure they'd want to. I haven't decided on a concrete plot as of yet but it's got something to do with a Conduit Uprising Movement.

Also, I think we should put equal amounts of scary and fun into The Dark I seeing as that would give it plenty of juice to keep going and the kicks will just keep coming.

The Dark as an entity is purely scary and feeds on your fear in its ethereal, all-pervading form but as a creature, it can possess you and feed on your organic being leaving you a lifeless husk.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
4/14/2014 4:19:13   
megakyle777

I was thinking The Dark is a malevolent entity that wants to end you, but it''s also somewhat fun loving (in a evil way), loves the old classics and not scary cliches, and toying with it's food by talking to it, making it's presense known and whatnot. Basically, it wants to have fun malevolently ending you and wants you to know what just killed you.

But...woe betide you if you survive or last long enough to possibly survive...

spoiler:

Because then it stops playing around and just sends everything at you in a non stop ride of terror.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/14/2014 4:20:22 >
DF  Post #: 68
4/14/2014 4:36:01   
kkutwar

So as a basis you could combine the outcome and potential future events of inFamous 2's Evil Ending with the anti-Conduit behavior of Second Son and the D.U.P. Though I tell you there will probably be at least two people who wants the same power. Anyways, I got stuff written down regarding Drain and related abilities. By the way, how does Energy Homing (if you're falling or were launched backwards, you'll pull yourself towards the nearest energy source) sound for an ability? Oh, and the way I set up Drain and its related abilities makes using them exclusively a valid way of fighting. Imbue is considered a sub-ability of Drain and Imbue is basically the ability to channel & manipulate the flow of your element.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
4/14/2014 5:48:23   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

The Dark resembles a symbiote of sorts that can take over entire locations. How it came to your particular university remains to be seen.

You'll understand much about The Dark in this game... enough to catapult your character into The Dark II should he survive this.

Additionally, I am thinking of doing 2 things:

1. Basing the changes in the storyline and The Dark's actions on the choices of a pivotal character, one of YOU guys, the players.

2. Basing the very same changes off of decisions made by EACH one of you although that would be tedious.

The first method would require ONE of you to be a pivotal character for the story and your decisions in the consequences will affect everybody else, so everybody has equal fun. The Dark, however, hss Its eyes on you. The second one gives equal importance to all but it makes the plot immensely flimsy and incoherent.

Hoe the game ends for the pivotal character decides what happened to the other players and ALSO how The Dark II will begin. If the Pivotal Character dies, it's negative for all.

@Kkut, I'd prefer for the Powers to be more substance/material based as opposed to being abstract as Drain seems to imply. What do you think?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
4/14/2014 5:55:06   
Lemonus

Banned because Arthur's Corpse Party reboot confirmed.
DF AQW  Post #: 71
4/14/2014 6:02:38   
megakyle777

I'm not sure which of the options is the better one. On the one hand, making one character more pivotal then the others may mean less fun for them. On the other, it would be really hard to make everyone equal. I'm gonna go with let everyone decide what would be best.
DF  Post #: 72
4/14/2014 6:17:05   
Chazero

Can someone please give me a summary of what's happening with the game right now?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
4/14/2014 6:27:35   
megakyle777

...Which game?
DF  Post #: 74
4/14/2014 6:30:02   
Chazero

What's the one to most likely to be completed first?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Arthur's Superthread OOC
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition