Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Arthur's Superthread OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Arthur's Superthread OOC
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2014 10:07:44   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

You'll get plenty of space in the game thread to play as The Dark.

I guess I'll add in some minor detailing to save myself the effort should more people decide to join in.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 101
4/15/2014 12:18:19   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

While I work on The Dark, here's one more from me.

Fairy Tail: Another is a game based on the hit anime series Fairy Tail. You are members of a now dissolved Dark Guild and your mission is to get into different Guilds and take out the responsible members... from the inside.

You are Wizards with the ability to use any kind of magic, be it Dark, Light, Caster-based or Element-based.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 102
4/15/2014 12:20:00   
Lemonus

But I never liked FT :l That's a no then.
DF AQW  Post #: 103
4/15/2014 12:22:47   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

How can you HATE FT...???

That itself defies the Logic of the Universe...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 104
4/15/2014 12:28:28   
Lemonus

It's called an opinion :p It has the power to defy everything in your universe!

FT is also too mainstream
DF AQW  Post #: 105
4/15/2014 12:33:58   
megakyle777

. ...I've never seen it. So that's a no from me.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/15/2014 12:34:49 >
DF  Post #: 106
4/15/2014 12:36:33   
Rez

I've never watched Fairy Tail, only seen a few episodes when my friend was watching it, so I would need quite a bit of info if you make a game based around it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 107
4/15/2014 13:01:11   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hmm... so no one knows what Fairy Tail is.

Don't make me create a game on Bleach for the love of god. That anime is absolutely awful.

What would you guys rather play? Let me know.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 108
4/15/2014 13:08:36   
Lemonus

Definitely not Naruto :p

I dunno, depends on what you're up for.
DF AQW  Post #: 109
4/15/2014 13:15:07   
megakyle777

I've never seen a anime, so I'd go for Avatar, A Song Of Ice and Fire, or James Bond, or The Dresden Files.
DF  Post #: 110
4/15/2014 14:25:03   
Lord Darkblade

Fairy Tail? I wouldn't mind playing a game based on that, it's pretty cool, also, Bleach is amazing, well, the manga is, haven't really watched the anime.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 111
4/15/2014 15:16:06   
kkutwar

I've read the manga to the middle part of the arc that introduces the Air Dragonslayer, and watched the first 48 episodes of the anime. Though I take it using Nico Graving the necromantic blob of shape-shifting dead flesh that kills and absorbs people would be too morbid? Oh, what about a game using the concept of making a contract with something to get superpowers which has unforeseen consequences? Maybe you could do a game using the recurring elements of the Tales series?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
4/15/2014 16:20:04   
deathlord45

quote:

Hmm... so no one knows what Fairy Tail is.

My Fairy Tail senses were tingling <.< >.> I'm currently caught up on the anime and the new episodes, haven't read the manga though. Honestly I'd love to play a game based on that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 113
4/16/2014 4:16:50   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Let's see if this one meets your fancy,

Deadman Carnival is a game based on Deadman Wonderland. You are now free of the Wonderland when suddenly, news erupts of an organization called Crow Cry who are going around rounding up the escaped Deadmen.

You find yourself bound, gagged and thrown in a cell. Now, you only have your Deadman powers to help you find who did this to you and take him out, perhaps even get a shot at redemption.

Also, what's better is the Collars are back and you'll be needing Candy every 2 days to keep yourself alive, or it's over.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 114
4/16/2014 4:19:31   
megakyle777

I have never seen this either.
DF  Post #: 115
4/16/2014 4:31:28   
Lemonus

Me neither.
DF AQW  Post #: 116
4/16/2014 4:34:33   
Daimyo Daimyo

Basically, in Deadman Wonderland, a great earthquake occurred that took many lives and destroyed many homes and buildings. The tremors also unearthed red stones hidden in the ground. Those who came in contact with these stones gained a special blood-based power. The ability to shoot blood, the ability to harden and shape your blood in weapons, the ability to set your blood on fire, and so on.

These powers are called Branches of Sin. Deadman Wonderland is a prison created to lock away prisoners but also to entertain people and distract from the disaster the earthquake caused. Every now and then, prisoners are forced to compete in a death course "game" for credits. They need credits to purchase "candy"; a bitter hard substance. You see, all prisoners wear special collars that inject poison into them. Candy is the antidote but only for a while. You need credits to buy more and also for your meals--otherwise you get horrible slop. Anyway, society would not actually approve of people being killed in such horrifying ways. So the people behind Deadman Wonderland tell the masses that it's just special effects.

Unknown to the public are people with Branches of Sin. These guys are called Deadmen and, instead of competing in games, fight in death matches. Winner gets credits and other rewards, loser loses a piece of their body depending on what they spin on a wheel. They also are all nicknamed after a type of bird.

Some of those Deadmen committed some horrible crime (usually murder) and were sentenced there by court. Some of them however are innocent and were framed/set up by the people who own the prison. For what purpose though...

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 4/16/2014 4:38:24 >
MQ  Post #: 117
4/16/2014 4:38:46   
Lemonus

So, a much more morbid colosseum with people that have blood powers instead of gladiators?

Still need to watch/read.
DF AQW  Post #: 118
4/16/2014 5:10:19   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

This one's actually pretty easy to get, Kyle.

Deadmen are people with the ability to manipulate their own blood in a variety of ways, either offensively, or defensively.

One can shoot his blood like a bullet, make a blade out of it, make an armor out of it, or a shield or even a couple of whips.

Yes, if your power involves launching your blood in anyway, you WILL lose blood from your body so that needs to be used judiciously.

The Deadman Wonderlnd was a prison made for Deadmen where they were forced to fight each other every other day in a bloody tournament.

Deadmen at the Wonderland were made to wear collars with timers. If the timer runs out, the Deadman will die. For the purpose of staying alive, the Deadman must eat candies, eating which will reset the timer.

So that's what is the basic setting.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 119
4/16/2014 16:44:42   
Rez

This one I have seen, could be interesting.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 120
4/16/2014 17:50:50   
kkutwar

So what about a Branch of Sin that allows you to use puddles of your blood as a teleportation network or a Sin that allows you to copy potentially every sin but makes each copied Sin weaker (So just one Sin functions at 100%, having two means they're only half strength, and so on)?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
4/16/2014 17:54:27   
Daimyo Daimyo

The character Mockingbird in the manga has the ability to copy any Branch of Sin if he has consumed the person's blood before. Though in his case, they're not exactly weaker but rather he isn't used to using those abilities so they're not going to be as good as someone who has been using it for years.
MQ  Post #: 122
4/16/2014 18:52:01   
Rez

Puddles of blood as transportation could work, but it would need to be your blood and a pool of red on the ground seems very easy to spot, not to mention the drain that would cause on the human body.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 123
4/16/2014 21:19:36   
kkutwar

Yes, but copying potentially every Sin at its fullest potential would be unfair. In addition, this Sin-Copy ability would also allow the user to dump copied abilities at anytime and to reuse previously copied abilities they would have to sample blood containing that particular Sin again.

Regarding the teleport network, the speed at which you appear from one puddle depends on the size. In addition, the Sin itself cannot be used to kill even if you do splash blood on them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 124
4/16/2014 22:15:54   
Rez

Mocking Bird is unfair, he is one of the strongest deadmen.

I know you can't kill somebody with teleportation, or at least that version of it, but it would be very physically tiring to cut yourself at one location then again at another to warp between the two. Deadmen that use abilities like projectiles or spilling blood causes them to lose that blood, so the user of a teleportation one would not be able to absorb the blood back into their body, and if you have ever given blood you would know it makes you weaker for a time while your body recovers lost blood cells.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: Arthur's Superthread OOC
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition