Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Low levels winning double speed compared to high levels

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Low levels winning double speed compared to high levels
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/15/2014 4:51:07   
Matt 1000

For active factions this is a real problem if you have to face a faction which uses alot of low levels against you its near impossible to win. I think since low levels around 10-20 can win double speed there has to be a way to fairly balance this. Like higher levels getting more wins per game e.g. lv 1-20 1 win per game 21-40 1.5 wins per game this would make the battle speed of the levels alot more fair, could scale it better before it is put in place.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/15/2014 8:19:48   
Mother1

Not supported.

just because lower levels can win faster due to them getting through matches faster legit is not an excuse to make higher levels get more wins because they can't win as fast. This in itself would also cause unbalance especially since there isn't good balance within the game.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/15/2014 8:31:31   
EpicIsEpic

And have you forgotten that beeing a low level had a disadvantage.... It is a way more likely for you to be matched up against a higher level simply because how the levels work.
You need more and more experience to level up meaning that the guy who has the easiest life is a lvl 40 with the rank 100. :)
Post #: 3
4/15/2014 8:51:46   
ZamuraiED

Supported.

and in reply to epicisepic.. there is on 60 ranks, yet you still get beaten by someone who is rank 1.
Epic  Post #: 4
4/15/2014 9:22:20   
karolukas1999

Not supported because your faction uses it the most.
Post #: 5
4/15/2014 9:29:20   
...Porsche...

not supported most of the low levels abusing wins for factions are from your faction dark vengeance.

Regards Porsche
Post #: 6
4/15/2014 9:36:49   
Oswald Cobblepot

I don't agree with you..
first: stop to abuse alts then you can talk about this as a problem...

#oldfriendArkham
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/15/2014 9:56:41   
The berserker killer

Guys I know where all of you are coming from but you have to learn to put aside your differences. This is the forums, where we set aside our personal differences and focus on whats right for the betterment of the game.

With that being said, I support this because I am level 40 rank 27 and I have not been able to win a single 1v1 daily because some low level decides to get 400 wins by 12 hours after reset.

After reading that top comment, if you still stick by your words then so be it. Just try to put aside your personal differences please and think about the betterment of the game so Devs on forums actually take us seriously rather than discarding our comments for being "immature".

--Ghost God--
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
4/15/2014 10:02:39   
SubWay

Not supported. dark vengeance are the ones who came up with alts.

< Message edited by SubWay -- 4/15/2014 10:03:48 >
Post #: 9
4/15/2014 10:07:01   
The berserker killer

But now he's trying to come up with an idea to stop alts. I just ask you to put your personal differences aside otherwise forums are useless. Some devs are taking us for a joke because we're not mature enough to state an idea and support/not support it without A) being disrespectful or B) bringing personal grudges into forums. The sooner we realize that the sooner they can be able to take our ideas and our feedback seriously and the smoother this game can develop. The Forums are whats supposed to make this game, not destroy it.

--Ghost God--

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 4/15/2014 10:10:06 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
4/15/2014 10:15:06   
...Porsche...

I am Serious i see no problem with low levels and its mostly matts faction dark vengeance using them so why is he complaining he started it lol

Regards Porsche
Post #: 11
4/15/2014 10:16:21   
Mother1

The berserker killer

Here is a flaw with this idea that I saw.

what is to stop player from abusing low level alts in the upper ranges? 21-25 can still get wins just as fast as the lower ranks and on top of that they would be getting 1.5- 2 wins to boot. it would still cause problems even if you put the unfair fact that 21-40 would be getting more wins per battle than 1-20.

Another solution I mentioned was making seperate leaderboards for dailies.

This way all players within the different ranges will have a shot of winning dailies and not just those who can win the fastest.
Epic  Post #: 12
4/15/2014 10:23:30   
The berserker killer

There we go! Thank you mother! That is constructive criticism and I love that idea. Making separate dailies is perfect. But I just realized it still wouldn't solve the problem initiated in the thread. I think that his scale was a rough scale, and that it could be altered. like 1.05 for higher levels.

--Ghost God--

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 4/15/2014 10:30:26 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
4/15/2014 10:29:57   
Cyber Dream

Supported

My idea would be to have Faction leagues/groups/rankings or whatever you want to call it. By that I mean that factions can be categorized as Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Challenger with bronze being the lowest rank and Challenger being the highest. Each category would have their own leader board. So bronze can compete against bronze, silver can compete against silver, and gold can compete against gold. With this, I suggest that factions become free to make, I never understood why you had to pay to make a faction. Plus, this will bring out more factions for more competition. I suggest that your faction rank should be decided by how much influence your faction gets in a week/month/day. The overall number out of these 6 categories should decide whether your faction should be categorized as Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, or Challenger. I also suggest that your rank is updated every week so we could have fair competition. I would suggest that champion wins should also decide what tier you faction should be in, but I would only support that if we only counted champion wins AFTER this new system is implemented on the count of old, retired factions.

Now I know that this could change the whole leader board. I also suggest that each battle mode lb add 6 new categories. Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Challenger.

Lets pretend this is the lb

Faction 1v1 Wins
Gold Factions -
Silver Factions -
Bronze Factions -
Platinum Factions
Diamond Factions
Challenger Factions

Each category you click will bring up the lb for that specific tier.

Additions:

• Your factions name matches your tier. So if you're a gold faction, your faction will have a gold name.
    [*[Faction Tiers should also be decided by the average level of people in your faction
  • Forced level requirement to join faction. Ok this idea is kind of hard to construct. Basically what I am saying is that when/if this system is put in game, a forced level requirement to join a faction is put in along with it. I imagine something like

Bronze- Lvl 1- 20
    Silver- Lvl 21-30
    Gold - lvl 31-40
    Platinum - lvl 40 (rank 20-39)
    Diamond - lvl 40 (rank 40-64)
    Challenger - lvl 40 (rank 65-100)

(Name of the tiers and ranks are up for change)

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 4/15/2014 12:38:07 >

• AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    4/15/2014 10:31:41   
    The berserker killer

^ I like that idea. But I suggest that you become a bronze, silver, or gold faction depending on the average level of the people in your faction. That would solve the win ratio by basically granting factions who use alts a lower daily point.

--Ghost God--

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 4/15/2014 10:35:05 >
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 15
    4/15/2014 11:21:44   
    Scyze

quote:

Bronze- Lvl 1- 20
    Silver- Lvl 21-30
    Gold - lvl 31-40

That's what I think you're going towards.

< Message edited by Scyze -- 4/15/2014 11:30:33 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    4/15/2014 11:36:37   
    Cyber Dream

@Scyze

quote:

That's what I think you're going towards.

Could you care to explain this? I don't quite understand what im looking at. Is this directed towards level 40's only?

quote:

Bronze- Lvl 1- 20
    Silver- Lvl 21-30
    Gold - lvl 31-40

Here, I was suggesting what level you had to be to join a faction. So if you wanted to join a Bronze faction, you would have to be level 1-20. If you wanted to join a gold faction you would have to be level 31-40.

< Message edited by Cyber Dream -- 4/15/2014 11:37:43 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 17
    4/15/2014 11:41:02   
    Mother1

@ Cyber dream

remember thanks to the new ranks added from legendary mode level 40 isn't a cut off point. This means that ranks 1-60 would be in the same swarm if not seperated, and having someone with a level 1 rank compete against a level 20+ rank wouldn't be fair in the least. Which was why he broke them up.
    Epic  Post #: 18
    4/15/2014 12:09:21   
    Scyze

A rank 1 Legendary player will be weaker than a rank 39 Legendary player (if they have got the extra stats available).
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
    4/15/2014 12:32:54   
    Cyber Dream

Ah I see, he just continued going. Sorry, im not that familiar with the legendary ranks
    AQW Epic  Post #: 20
    4/15/2014 14:38:07   
    drekon
    Retired ED Guest Artist

"At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed." ~Frederick Douglass

Setting aside the overwhelming irony of your "concerns", the idea proposed in the OP would cause more problems than it would resolve. It clearly gives an unfair advantage to higher level players by changing a fundamental aspect of the game that has been around since the Yetis were in diapers.

I know firsthand what it's like to go head to head with low level players on the LB and for me it's a thrilling challenge. Hardly something to lament about. None of us complained when high level players dominated the LB and low levels never stood a chance. Some of us *cough* even abused the very same aspect of the game that *cough* we're now so vocal about.

With this in mind, I dutifully decline any support of the proposed idea.
    Epic  Post #: 21
    4/15/2014 19:36:21   
      Exploding Penguin

I don't think anything should be done about low levels. IMO the best way to go about solving this is to fix LBs so that you get a score at the end of the day which is equal to your win percentage multiplied by some factors such as your total wins and maybe other things to balance out the equation. This would fix speed-win builds always dominating the leaderboards and would fix this problem too.
    Epic  Post #: 22
    4/16/2014 1:54:54   
    fishb8123

@Cuber Dream Im done this man wants to bring league of legends ranks in the game dkm.
    Actually its not that bad of an idea. I'd kinda like the idea of factions having to climb up these divisions and getting placed within their respective divisions. This would give noob factions a chance to feel good about their little achievements. Scrap that bronze lvl 1-10 silver lvl 10-20 idea tho its stupid af. it wont change a thing plus there are only like 30 or so lvl 40s in the game and whos gonna stop them to make just one faction with all the active ones and win allday eerday. that challenger tier wont look to sexy. anyways yea i kinda like cyber dreams idea but i think itd be better if we have to earn bronze, silver, gold etcs. oooh one more thing, that lvl on factions bs or w/e scrap dat bs it means nothing.
    Epic  Post #: 23
    4/16/2014 9:20:56   
    Cyber Dream

@Fishb8123
    I've never played LOL a day in my life.

quote:

Scrap that bronze lvl 1-10 silver lvl 10-20 idea tho its stupid af. it wont change a thing plus there are only like 30 or so lvl 40s in the game and whos gonna stop them to make just one faction with all the active ones and win allday eerday.

Lol, they're more than 30 level 40's. But neither of us can prove it. Whats gonna stop them? The same thing that's stopping them now. All the actives can't fit into one faction/tier you know....
    AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    4/16/2014 9:46:38   
    .Abstract.

For people that say we use alts check this out
    http://s1368.photobucket.com/user/abstract11/media/higuapalts_zpsbb7b0000.png.html?sort=3&o=0
    top 5 all guap alts
    AQW Epic  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Low levels winning double speed compared to high levels
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition