Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Back to the way everything used to be..

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Back to the way everything used to be..
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/16/2014 21:58:01   
Infinityxi

I would like to take a second and think about this. Back then since beta everything was so amazing because of 3 main things.
1: Every weapon and or piece of gear had their own unique abilities or stats as u would call it.
2: the battle system: back then it was based on skill and strategy. Don't get me wrong its still based on that today but back then it was your choice of what to use to take control of the situation whether it be 1v1, or 2v2, or even jugg. The battle system was very unique and amazing. You can still keep all the new items and cores, im not telling you to get rid of any of that but just to think about the old battle system you had. You can look on you-tube and other related sites about how amazing the battle-system was back then in beta. You had tank, in other words balanced, you had strength based like for cyber s and you had Conservative for like mages as being the "op" class. Everyone misses the old battle system, especially since the new battle system is pretty confusing. I mean sure you could just eliminate the last number but as in the top stats you dont know how much dex, or str, or, tech, or support your actually using. Also your team took out some very effective skills. concerning Cybers like the 10pt of tech or on fighting wise in taking that awesome combo to where you pull up when using a bounty/cyber. Now the looks of the stats are amazing i love them but some stats i think should be put back into notice.
3: This kinda follows with number one but can we have it to where every weapon has their different attributes so u cant have a certain amount you can do on that weapon?That would be most appreciated. Now I don't know if this will be noticed on the forums because im sure your very busy but just think about it I mean its not as good as it used to be. The style has went up but the game-play has lost its way. Try to give it a thought i'm sure the community can agree with me. I hope this will be noticed, I think you for your time and i would just like to say " we miss it"..... :)

Edited out your email, if any response is to be given, it will be done so in this topic! ~Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 4/22/2014 15:12:18 >
Post #: 1
4/16/2014 22:21:14   
s0u1ja b0y

Things will never go back to how they once were. The people wanted the changes and they got them.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/16/2014 22:26:21   
Mother1

This won't happen now or ever since it was the players who requested and suggested many of these changes that were made as well as the staff having to undo a lot of the hard work they did to get to this point. Something that hasn't been done before.
Epic  Post #: 3
4/21/2014 14:55:16   
The berserker killer

I honestly don't see why all weapons are currently the same. It makes no sense to me whatsoever now. Maybe someone can explain this to me?

--Ghost God--
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
4/21/2014 15:26:45   
Mother1

@ the berserker killer

they did it for the following reasons

1 diversity- since everything would be the same you wouldn't have to replace your weapons especially if you liked how they looked
2 balance- before if you were a varium player you had varium advantage with the power of stats. By doing this they helped close the power gap that varium would give.
Epic  Post #: 5
4/21/2014 15:36:40   
The berserker killer

Ohhh I guess that make sense. Theres gotta be some way to distinguish these weapons though other than the locked cores, like for Celtic Cleaver. I want to use weapons like Dages Desolation but I refuse to if someone with a Basic Club can do the same damage as me.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
4/22/2014 15:34:16   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The change to the current system was to encourage further equality, while also allowing diversity. The issue with the old system was that it encouraged a split between Varium and non-Varium Weapons, it also leads to other balance issues as certain weapons are naturally more powerful than others. The new system means that weapons technically encourage more thought to be put into strategy, because you put the points in yourself and customise your build further, while also ensuring (ignoring cores) that all weapons are balanced relative to each other. The answer to most of the points raised here is simply balance; the game is not perfectly balanced right now, granted - but in Beta, there was a huge gulf between Varium players and Non-Varium players which was a big problem, as well as other major issues causing problems in balance. Most the skill and weapon changes are to lead to a more balanced game or at least a basis from which balance can be further worked and where future changes are not exaggerated by the issues in these key areas of the game. We certainly are trying to make the game as strategic etc. as possible, but at the moment, balance is one of our main priorities.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Back to the way everything used to be..
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition