Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

I have reached a conclusion that our balance problem is not the classes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> I have reached a conclusion that our balance problem is not the classes
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/17/2014 20:42:28   
Elloisoul

But its our brains , we think of a way our class dominates the others and thus others think of a way to counter it and if they cant they cry for balance or nerfs so my suggestion is here

When retraining you must write information of your classes tactics and its weaknesses and how to counter its attacks and techniques that way other people know how to counter it and there wont be any people asking for nerfs and balance changes
Post #: 1
4/17/2014 21:39:44   
RageSoul

Veteran / very experienced players make decent builds --> it earns them 90% win-ratio / day --> people that just want easy wins copies it or complains --> people make unecessary requests / changes to balance ( i.e remove Hybrid Armor from Mercenaries <-- as of Gamma Phase )

So yeah , in other words people just don't care about effort and creativity .

< Message edited by RageSoul -- 4/17/2014 21:40:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/17/2014 22:09:17   
GearzHeadz

While this is true in most cases, balance isn't perfect right now.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/17/2014 22:22:35   
Elloisoul

@rage soul exactly which is why i suggested this for really all this nerfs is making me run out of ideas already i came back from my vacation , the builds i made to counter all the copies build have been rendered void/useless because of how these supposed nerf for those has made my counter class unable to carry out my combos and strategies so if people cant think of build or Cannot see the style of the enemy they cannot defeat lets just spoon feed them information about how to fight the builds we make so we dont see them crying in forums
Post #: 4
4/18/2014 13:48:46   
Remorse

The problem with balance in my opinion is that their are far to many cheesy (effortless) strategies and a lack of decent counters to verse them.

What I mean is it seems the so called copy builds as people call them only dominate because they lack counter options.

Basically they dominate until another cheese build that counters it comes along.

The point is, strategy is lost because it is just a battle of effortless cheese builds with switching between them occurring when a high proportion of builds used by players is counter able by a different cheese build.

What should be happening is more the creation of countering and variety improving cores that cater to specific niche builds to allow variety to open up and stop the domination of effortless or cheese builds.

If all builds have potential to counter all strategies via the use of specific cores then battles will become a battle of strategy and better timing.

The day that ED battles become about wits and strategy again is the day I may consider playing it again.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 4/18/2014 13:54:18 >
Epic  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> I have reached a conclusion that our balance problem is not the classes
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition