Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RP and Fourm Game Change Ideas?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> RP and Fourm Game Change Ideas?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2014 14:34:44   
megakyle777

Okay, so I don't know if this is on the cards but I'd like to suggest a few changes. These are big ones so bear with me:

Change One: Combine the RP and Fourm Games forums. Reasoning: This sees a rise in both and the merge would attract more attention.

Change Two: Create a more Casual RP sub fourm. Reasoning: The most activity the Herosmash Forums ever saw was when the people there (Admittedly almost certainly against the rules) turned the Character Discussion thread into a casual RP one, which got to about a whopping 36 threads before it dissolved into bickering due to no real rules or rule enforcement. With some more casual official rules for such a section I think something good could come of it. Furthermore, I think a lot of forumites are scared of the process to enter there, which is why there is such few activity.

Change Three: A Game Adoption Thread for both Forum Games and RP. Reasoning: Either sometimes someone will come up with a cool game idea but not be able to make or run it, or someone will need to leave the forums and let a game or RP die off. Such a thread would allow such games to be made and allow people to take over if needed.

Change Four: A couple of Official Forum Games Contests. Not for major prizes, just for a cool title or something. Reasoning: people making games and RP for such would see a rise in activity that would hopefully be sustained.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 4/21/2014 14:36:06 >
DF  Post #: 1
4/21/2014 16:11:56   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

The RP forum and the games forum will not be merged. The logistics in such a move is beyond do-ability. The game forum AKs and Moderators are in no position to moderate an RP forum. It is separated for a reason.

The forumites aren't scared of the RP forum as much as they come in, get approved and then, mysteriously disappear, or are talked into disappearing by forumites who are trying to get them to go other places. I've had two RP partners just... vanish, even though we had a lot planned. I get to watch the approval process first hand since the RP staff use my L&L channel on IRC to discuss business. It's not as hard as everyone is making it out to be, and is constantly being tweaked when something does come up. You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot force it to drink.

Casual RP cannot be "casual" if there are rules. That goes against the very nature of casual RP, and... the amount of moderating that it would require is not exactly ideal. Those "casual RP" instances in game forum threads that are allowed require almost 3 times as much attention as anything else in those forums. And they had rules, the Forum rules, and they STILL violated them and got shut down.

As to adoption threads, if someone needs to be absent, or is leaving indefinitely, they are supposed to elect someone to carry on. That is up to the creator. If someone leaves an RP without appointing someone, the RP staff has the right to appoint someone new if there is enough desire to continue without the now long-lost GM.

There are already forum contests. Trust me... they don't work as well as you might think. I've been trying them for years.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> RP and Fourm Game Change Ideas?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition