Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Balance Updates or Other Updates

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Balance Updates or Other Updates
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/21/2014 17:01:29   
The berserker killer

I'm not sure if I agree with most people about balance being bad but I can say that Balance now has been the best it's ever been! Especially for a group of adults who have a lot on their plate (The War, balance, classes, etc). I just think that the game is getting a little bit dull so, instead of saying that, most players are falling back on "Balance is horrible". ED Staff, you guys are doing a great job with updates and evening out each update with a little bit of balance and a little bit of fun but I think that small fun updates, every week, about anything (Meaning cheevos, missions, small features) would be far more influential than one balance update with a few releases every month or month and a half. It used to be that way back in the early stages of ED. Thank you for your hardwork ED Staff!

--Ghost God--
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
4/21/2014 17:07:43   
Mother1

@ The berserker killer

For all the time I have been here I can tell you that when I first started the game, it was far more balanced then than it is now. Back when I first started there was a lot more diversity and there were a lot more working builds even at the higher levels.

However now, the game has been reduced to a few working builds used by the masses, and a few unique ones but a lot of the builds I used to see even a few months back are gone now.
Epic  Post #: 2
4/21/2014 17:17:11   
The berserker killer

I definitely agree that now we are limited to literally about 15-20 builds that may actually work in either PVP zone.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
4/21/2014 17:29:23   
LigerBeard

I personally agree with you. At least, I agree that balance isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. Admittedly, it isn't perfect at all, but my only real problem is that releases in ED are becoming few and far between.
It's nice to see someone who is more positive about balance, and not just a bunch of people complaining about every little thing that ED does.

Yours truly,
Kittn

< Message edited by LigerBeard -- 4/21/2014 17:31:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/21/2014 20:08:57   
Wootz

I'm satisfied with the current balance. Even though I mostly get pummeled by 40s, I still have a chance to actually win againts them and that makes me a happy player. Although, the lower levels are broken.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/22/2014 3:36:33   
Seteriel

The question would be: what is meant with "balance" ?
Nerfing all classes down so that noone can play... this would not be my sense of "balance". Nerfing many classes down so that only 1 class stands isn't either.
The balance i seek would be: strategy and diversity.

Diversity:
At the moment we have technically the majority of players with 2-3 builds and a handful of skills and items - plus some players trying to modify them with more skills and different items for some variety. If the game had double or triple the amount of skills available for the basic classes, plus some additional skills for legendary ranks, no matter if they all were completely "balanced" or not, the game would live more diversity, which would allow to find more counters to the OP builds - which could be a balance in itself.
Also a point is that there are not enough cores - not counting uniques/rares, there are 4-5 passive cores for weapons and 6 passives for armors ; with 1 active core for either gun class, 2 actives for armors and the fixed Hatchling Rush + 5 cores for primaries (i'm only counting "truely" different cores, i.e. Meteor and Plasma Meteor are "different" because of damage type, but Bacon Breath and Bacon Rain are not as they only differ in animation).
Strategy is tied to diversity - diversity of more skills/cores brings more counters to OP builds brings more builds in general brings more thinking how to beat a build brings strategy.

And the real balance part: match making. This has been discussed so much that i don't go at it - i don't have any new points to add to the topic.

So: i'm for "balance" updates over the next months, as war payments should keep the servers running - around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Winter seasons may appear new achievements/items.

< Message edited by Seteriel -- 4/22/2014 3:47:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/22/2014 10:32:10   
Predator9657

In my honest opinion, there should be a balance between balance updates and other (storyline/mission/new weapons) updates (to make efficient use of having a team which consists of both coders and artists).

But generally balance is decent, and the missions we just from hank + the new war updates seem promising - so I don't have much to complain about :)
Epic  Post #: 7
4/22/2014 12:32:21   
The berserker killer

Yeah! I love the new missions. It seems like the beginning of something big and I love that they are keeping it up. Honestly, sure there are maybe only 20 builds that work now in ED but the main point of the game is still intact. "No build will ever beat all". And as long as that statement remains true then balance is fine, in my opinion.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
4/22/2014 12:41:49   
Noobatron x3000

A recent ban from the forums pre empted me to join MWO and as so many others have retire permanently from this game, Its sad but I feel my time with epic duel is over.

And I suspect omega is epic duels last stand trying to fight off the inevitable , balance the fundamental game mechanics have been broken since I joined in beta enough was enough for me.

I went to log in today just to look at the server number , When I saw it I knew I'd made the right decision and went back to playing MWO.

< Message edited by Noobatron x3000 -- 4/22/2014 12:45:20 >
Post #: 9
4/23/2014 6:03:26   
Xendran

The only way to maintain an enjoyable PVP environment with poor balance is to have so much diversity that there are so many different builds and counter builds that even an overpowered build has many builds that pose a serious threat to it, without those other builds ONLY working against the overpowered one.

It's at the point where i have tons of epicduel players on FB asking me to give them suggestions for games that they can play instead of ED.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 4/23/2014 6:05:19 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
4/23/2014 12:59:59   
The berserker killer

Exactly, and I support having more diverse classes. Even if its just offering an opposite type of skill to every skill on the skill tree. Anything, but I am tired of waiting 2 months for an update only to have it be nerfs and buffs for classes.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 11
5/7/2014 1:26:19   
Noobatron x3000

Yes your doing a absolutely fantastic job keep it up ! , And if ever in doubt of the phenomenal job your doing take a look at your revenue compared to previous years, Your overall player base compared to previous years, Your new player retention . This will tell you exactly how fantastic a job you have done with this game , I wish you many more happy years in development, I bet gaming companies every where will be head hunting you for this absolutely amazing success story . GREAT WORK KEEP IT UP[/b]
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Balance Updates or Other Updates
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition