Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Design your own AQW Release Contest!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> Design your own AQW Release Contest!
Page 1 of 1312345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/22/2014 12:24:51   
  Beleen
Loremaster

Make YOUR ideas a reality: Design your own AQW Release!
Alina, Artix, and the whole team wants YOU to create a brand new release in AdventureQuest Worlds!

Follow all the rules for your idea to be eligible. So listen up!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contest Timeframe
• Begins Tuesday, April 22, 2014
• Ends Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at 11:59pm EST
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contest Location
• ONLY on the Official Contests Forum (you're in the right place!!)
Contest Components
You have 1 week to plan out a new weekly release following these guidelines and parameters:

Overview of Release (~1-3 paragraphs long)
• Tell us YOUR story in 500 words or less!
• Must be a complete storyline from start to finish (so no cliffhangers)

Map location; choose 1 of the following places:
• Arcangrove
• Sandsea
• Lolosia
• Yokai Island
• Mirror Realm in Battleoff
• Neverglades
Suggest a map name for your area. It should match the theme of the general area you want to set your release in.

Monsters; choose 4-7 of the following baddies:
• Arcangrove monsters:
Seed Spitter, Gorillaphant, Chaos Sprites, Acornet, Karasu, Swamp Frgodrake, Swamp Lurker, Anglerfish, Merdraconian, Elementals (Earth, Fire, Water, Wind), Scoria Serpent, Living Fire, Volcanic Maggot, Mana Imp, Mana Falcon

•Sandsea monsters:
Bupers Camel, Cactus Creeper, Horc Sell-Sword, SandShark, Tomb Robber, Anubis DeathGuard, Golden Scarab, Mummy, Kalestri Hound, Kalestri Worshiper, Lotus Spider

• Lolosia monsters:
Fishman Soldier, Fishwing, Shark Bait, Undead Pirate (you can add other monsters to Lolosia from anywhere in the game!)

• Yokai monsters:
Kappa Ninja, Absolute Zero, NekoYasha, NOTruto, Pockey Chew, Ryoku, Spork-ion, Ninja Nopperabo, Samuari Nopperabo, Tanuki, Tsukumo-Gami, Funa-Yurei, Neko Matta, Skello Kitty

•Mirror Realm monsters:
Evil Moglin (you can add other monsters to the Mirror Realm from anywhere in the game!)

• Neverglades monsters:
Chaorrupted Bear, Chaorrupted Wolf, Guru Chest, Leatherwing, Trobble, Dark Witch, Dreadspider, Marsh Lurker, Marsh Tree, Spider, Dark Elemental, Undead Berserker

Boss; choose 1 of the following boss types*:
• Undead
• Dragonkin
• Human
• Orc
• Elemental
*Note: if you want, you add a description to your Boss (what he looks like) and we’ll try our best to make it…without breaking the game engine lol!

NPC/quest giver
• Choose any NPC currently in game
• Create speech text for NPC:
o Main text; ~4 sentences long
o “More” text; explains details further, ~4 sentences long
o Optional: additional text as needed, ~4 sentences long

Quests
• 1st Quest
• 2nd Quest
• 3rd Quest
• 4th Quest
• 5th Quest
• 6th Quest (optional)
• 7th Quest (optional)
• 8th Quest (optional)
• 9th Quest (optional)
• Final Quest: Boss Battle
• Special Quest 1: Legend-only Quest
• Special Quest 2: Legend-only Quest

Cutscenes*
• 200 word summary of what you would like to happen in your opening cutscene.
• 200 word summary of what you would like to happen in your closing cutscene.
* We reserve the right to change requests based on time/feasibility.

Item Rewards*!
• 1 Armor
• 1-2 Helms
• 1-2 Capes
• 1-3 Weapons
• 1 Pet
• *Bonus points if you pick items already in game** and describe “evolved” versions of them!
• ** Excludes: Dage & Nulgath items; all Rare & Seasonal Rare items; and all special items obtained from HeroMart, gaming conventions, and contest rewards
• We may add more items if we have time (and the steel)!
• If there’s any kind of epic item that you want your release to focus on (ex: to find the whereabouts of the InsertNameHere Blade), be sure to make note of it!
Sample AQW Release Template

Want to see a sample of how your AQW Release should look like?
Check out the sample Google Doc here!
Contest Rules
• Design a brand new AQW release that includes all the parameters mentioned (Overview, Map, Monster list, Boss, NPC, Quests, and Items)
• You CAN work solo or with your friends to design this Release!
o Bonus points if you’re all in the same Guild
o Even more props if you and your Guild have a Guild Launch Hub page!
• Your Release submission MUST include your AQW character name, and any other AQW players that helped design this new Release
• Yes, you CAN include drawings/photos of your Release idea if you want (not necessary, but pretty!)
• You MUST have a valid Email Address linked to your AQWorlds account (this is how we will contact you if you win)
o Access your Account Manager here to change/update your Email address
• After following ALL THE RULES above, submit your awesome Release idea in this Forums thread!
Sweet Contest Prizes
o Work with the AQW team to bring your Release to life
o Feature your Release as the newest AQW weekly release
o Major shutout to you (and anyone else who helped!) on the Design Notes, Homepage, Facebook, and Twitter
o Obtain ALL item rewards from your release for FREE
o Bonus AdventureCoins prizes if:
o you designed this all by yourself: 2,000 ACs
o you designed this with 1 other person: 1,000 ACs each
o you designed this with 2 or more people: 500 ACs each
o And, as always, we reserve the right to award additional prizes for those who go above and beyond and whatever-other-adjective-we-choose-to-use!
The Clock is Ticking!
/equip your Thinking Cap, brainstorm on, and then show us your new AQW Release! Hurry—this contest ends Tuesday, April 30th, 2014!!

On behalf of the whole AQW team, we cannot wait to see what crazy insane awesome Release ideas you come up with =D

For those who are new to the contests on the forums, THIS thread is reserved for Q&A and discussion. THIS thread: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21663640 is for actual submissions.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 4/22/2014 16:34:09 >
Post #: 1
4/22/2014 15:55:16   
Aura Knight

I was really looking forward to this contest but now after reading the guidelines, I don't think I'll be part of it. Though I might change my mind but idk yet. I already had a release planned out but these requirements are a little ridiculous. What's the point of asking us to come up with a release if we can't even put in our own monsters, npc's, areas, and rewards? I find it a bit insulting to ask us to come up with our own release and not allow us to use our own creations. Makes absolutely no sense. The way I see it, if it is to be our own release, we should be able to create everything from scratch. I mean, it's not like every release made in game is a recycle of old ones. There's always something new created. Why can't we start from scratch and make it how we want? I don't want to piggyback off older releases and use things that will have absolutely no reason to be in my idea for this. This post will probably get deleted for something like flaming but I still have a right to voice my disappointment. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm not being too unreasonable.

"Make your own release, but you can only use things we already have in game." How's that even remotely considered to be our own release? We need something new in the game. Not recycled things. Originality is better than that, and I feel if such a thing was allowed, you'd get some really awesome ideas for this contest and maybe even any future release. But like I said, I expect this to get deleted because it seems criticism isn't taken well by most of AE. I'm not tying to sound rude but I'm annoyed right now.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
4/22/2014 16:00:03   
Sera Jane

Wait, so how do we send our ideas?
AQW  Post #: 3
4/22/2014 16:03:29   
Mordred

I'm having a field day with this. I am so on board with this I really can't tell you.

@Aura Knight: The map, boss, and rewards can be of your own creation. The map is just limited to a specific area, the boss is limited to a few archetypes, and rewards are free game(but bonus if evolved). The NPC and monsters seem to be the only truly limited assets.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
4/22/2014 16:22:08   
Inkwolf

@Sera Jane, I guess you post your entry here.

Specific monster lists, specific areas, specific quest list style, no new monsters or NPCs....there go all the cool ideas I had. (Does AE not believe a player could write something worth putting effort into?) Oh, well, maybe I can still come up with something.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/22/2014 16:24:30   
Aioma

Do I just post it up here or somewhere else? 'Cause I already finished my idea and I want to post it up.

< Message edited by Aioma -- 4/22/2014 16:26:48 >

AQW  Post #: 6
4/22/2014 16:31:00   
peacemaker

QUestion:- Can the boss be a member of staff please?

Dage. Why settle for the lesser of two evils?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
4/22/2014 16:31:15   
kuriango

Where do I send the file to text you of my idea? well just post here in the comments of the forum?
AQW  Post #: 8
4/22/2014 16:31:59   
  Eukara Vox
Dragonfly Legacy

There is a submission thread in this forum. Use that please.

Submissions: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21663556

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 4/22/2014 16:54:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/22/2014 16:34:36   
Sera Jane

Where is the Submission Forum?
AQW  Post #: 10
4/22/2014 16:42:47   
ergotth

tnx Eukara =)

No problem, ergotth. ~~Eukara Vox

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 4/22/2014 16:54:39 >
DF AQW  Post #: 11
4/22/2014 16:43:23   
Sera Jane

Oh OK, I get it now. I'll think about sending in my idea, plus I've got about a week so yeah! I'll think of something! Not sure about the guildlines though but you know!
AQW  Post #: 12
4/22/2014 16:48:28   
Ragieki

2 Questions:

1- Can I describe one armor, PLUS one or more evolved versions of armors? Or am I limited to 1 armor, period?

2- Can the evolved item I choose be of a "Rare" item marked with a different Rarity tag? For example, http://aqwwiki.wikidot.com/ebilcorp-standard-player (Weird Rarity)
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/22/2014 17:02:35   
  Sora To Hoshi

Multi-tasker Mage
AQW Q&A | BG GD

@peacemaker, yes it can. Boss can be anything you want.
quote:

*Note: if you want, you add a description to your Boss (what he looks like) and we’ll try our best to make it…without breaking the game engine lol!

@Ragieki, 1) you can create something new but if you decide to make more then 1, only 1 of them will be chosen. 2) You can create an item and put a rarity but it might changed to fit what the rare guidelines are. For example Weird rarity isnt something that is used much anymore.

quote:

(Does AE not believe a player could write something worth putting effort into?)

It's not that, we all know how imaginative our players are and what great ideas they have. It's more time management on the staff part. Since nearly all the rewards and possibly the boss will have to be made and animated it's much easier to have the artist work on this then creating an entire new area since that would even take more time.

< Message edited by Sora To Hoshi -- 4/22/2014 17:08:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/22/2014 17:12:04   
Ragieki

Thanks Sora, but for 2 I meant can I use the specific example given? The wiki shows it as Rare, but it's tagged as Weird Rarity. Can something that isn't marked Rarity: Rare Rarity be used/"evolved"? Sorry for the confusion.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
4/22/2014 17:15:32   
peacemaker

Thankyou, Sora To Hoshi.

Now to get it written out and submitted!

But do I submit it here in this thread or somewhere else please?

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
4/22/2014 17:17:03   
Ragieki

@peacemaker http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21663640
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/22/2014 17:17:53   
Zlinac

Can parodies of TV shows, Games or whatever be used in the release ?
Post #: 18
4/22/2014 17:41:31   
Inkwolf

Two questions:

1. Can you use more than one NPC?
2. Do the monsters you use have to be from the area you choose, or can they be anything on the list?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
4/22/2014 17:45:26   
kuriango

I have some questions:

1 - I can specify whether an item will be for all players or just players members?
2 - in my marg shop I can order a set that does not exist in the game?
3 - in bonus quest I can by one for all players?
4 - the rewards that drop from normal monsters can I specify an item that does not exist simply put?
5 - I specify the rewards of all the quests?
6 - I can ask for items that were rare?
7- posso pedir 2 itens iguais porém um com cores mudaveis(CC)?
8 - I can say what percentage of the chance to drop itens for quests?
9 - I can tell the value of the items in shops?
10 - I have a semi-boss?
11 - those who participate but do not win the contest still win the 2,000 ACs?
AQW  Post #: 20
4/22/2014 17:56:08   
Aioma

Okay... I submitted my idea for this contest. But, it didn't allow me to post it up. And because of that, I have to re-type all of it again. e.e
Plus... This is the 2nd time it happened to me in one day...

AQW  Post #: 21
4/22/2014 18:09:08   
Alastair Q

Can't wait to see how this contest turns out - it's great to see players taking an active part in the production of a new release. Warms the heart, it does.

< Message edited by Alastair Q -- 4/22/2014 18:11:40 >
AQW  Post #: 22
4/22/2014 18:09:14   
Neilandio

Sounds great, I'm gonna participate. 2 questions:
1. Am I limited to opening and closing cutscenes only? Can't I write a pre-boss fight cutscene?
2. Can there be Ultra-boss fights as part of the legend only extra quests?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
4/22/2014 18:39:01   
  Sora To Hoshi

Multi-tasker Mage
AQW Q&A | BG GD

Zlinac, yes parodies are fine.

Inkwolf, 1) one NPC for the quests but if you want to include others in your cutscenes/storyline thats fine. 2) Monsters are usually reserved for the area theyre in so if you chose Arcangrove youll have to pick from that list.

kuriango
quote:

1 - I can specify whether an item will be for all players or just players members?
2 - in my marg shop I can order a set that does not exist in the game?
3 - in bonus quest I can by one for all players?
4 - the rewards that drop from normal monsters can I specify an item that does not exist simply put?
5 - I specify the rewards of all the quests?
6 - I can ask for items that were rare?
7- posso pedir 2 itens iguais porém um com cores mudaveis(CC)?
8 - I can say what percentage of the chance to drop itens for quests?
9 - I can tell the value of the items in shops?

Most of this hasnt been determined yet. When I get better answers Ill let you know or Beleen will make a DN on it.
quote:

10 - I have a semi-boss?
11 - those who participate but do not win the contest still win the 2,000 ACs?

10- No, please follow the format given.
11- Only winners get the prizes, if you don't win you wont get the ACs

Neilandio, 1) yes only cuz cutscenes take some time to do. 2) you could probably make it part of the • Special Quest 1: Legend-only Quest • Special Quest 2: Legend-only Quest

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/22/2014 18:59:57   
Pinkie Pie

Well, I'm done my entry. I've been planning this out for weeks.

< Message edited by Pinkie Pie -- 4/22/2014 19:01:39 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> Design your own AQW Release Contest!
Page 1 of 1312345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition