Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Design your own AQW Release Contest!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: Design your own AQW Release Contest!
Page 13 of 13«<910111213
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/4/2014 3:11:07   
Gregor Eisenhorn

*tosses salene the portfolio of art that he can't use anywhere ever again- out the window seeming appropriate*
MQ AQW  Post #: 301
5/4/2014 3:11:55   
PhoenyxuzPrimax

"Tell us YOUR story in 500 words or less!" We thought it's really a unique creation without copying anything from their theme or game's nature. Well anyway, we congratulate all the winner. Everything has a reason.
AQW  Post #: 302
5/4/2014 3:12:59   
Saber Tooth Dragon

I put in soo much effort into this n did't even come in 3rd. I guess my work is not good enough yet. But I'm not giving up yet!!!
I will be a artist/story writer no matter what!!!!

< Message edited by Saber Tooth Dragon -- 5/4/2014 3:16:53 >
AQW  Post #: 303
5/4/2014 3:16:32   
NecroLancerz

Congratulations to everyone (that includes me!) who won the contest. to everyone who didn't win, just try again next time and maybe you'll win!
Post #: 304
5/4/2014 4:36:50   
purple phoenix 96

Congratulations to all the people who enterred the contest. Apparently, all of them were very good it seems.
AQW  Post #: 305
5/4/2014 4:37:21   
The_Dorothy

Well anyways, thank you AE :)
Post #: 306
5/4/2014 8:54:41   
Inkwolf

Thanks for the awesome contest! And congrats to everyone who entered, winner or not. Creative work is never wasted, it's all practice for the next thing you create.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 307
5/4/2014 9:22:33   
SKYWEE955

Does anyone know when the ACs will be applied to the accounts of the winners? I'd like to participate in the LQS, at this time! :) Congratulations to the entries and all those who participated in this contest!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 308
5/4/2014 10:02:01   
GenJuhru

13 Lords of Chaos is coming to a close so what's the next installment? Can we get back to the Elemental Lords, the war, like the original AQ and practically importing stories like from granemor's and the knights, drakels insurrection, paxia clans and ultimately the Devourer Saga. Those stories were good and would feel nostalgic for me.

Anyways, CONGRATS to the WINNERS and there circle, and to those who were on the "you know what" circle, we can DO it!!! xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 309
5/4/2014 10:11:17   
The_Dorothy

Where/when can I get the prize? I won in the contest ^^ Thank You for appreciating it though :)) -Dorothy Joi
Post #: 310
5/4/2014 10:45:30   
SKYWEE955

For those of you who are expecting your ACs! I've tweeted Alina, the ACs will be added to your account today! :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 311
5/4/2014 12:47:37   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

I just want congratulate everyone, because we've all done something amazing even if we haven't realized it yet. To design and write up a release for a game is no simple undertaking and yet there where over a hundred entries submitted. I think we've all left a very good impression on the staff for them to be blown away and change the whole outcome of the contest to include multiple winners. Even if your name isn't in the winner roster there you still have had a hand in helping to change how the staff viewed this contest.

quote:

Original Inkwolf:
@Dai Tigris: I had lots of ideas I had to discard when the rules were posted. Started over by looking at the monster list and saw sandsharks. EVERYTHING is better with sharks. :D The story built up from there.

XD That is awesome, SandSharks are some pretty cool monsters.

quote:

Original Neilandio:
I wanted my story to have 2 things. First I wanted it to expand the mythology of AQW without going into much detail so that it may not contradict with future releases. Then I wanted to have a story where the hero was not the savior of everyone but rather an unwanted person on the land who does everything worse by trying to do what HE (or she) thinks is right over what everyone else might think.
For the first part, after doing some research on Lore's species, I decided that the best race to expand on its mythology were the druids for the simple fact that they were so little developed, yet had so much potential. As for the second part, I had this story in my head for some time where the hero enters a pocket universe separated from Lore where all creatures can live in peace, monsters included, and the hero is not allowed for being the biggest killer on Lore. This scenario fitted perfectly with the kind of release I wanted to write.
The only thing left to decide was a villain and a conflict. This is, I admit, the weakest part of my story, since I did not have enough lines to write a reasonable motivation for the villain and I just downgraded him to being a minion of Drakath.

Interesting. I really like the idea of there being a little space where monsters are peaceful and how naturally because the hero who takes out thousands of monsters in one week isn't allowed into their little sanctuary.

quote:

Original Mikejestic:
DaiTigris, I also made a quest which included Daimyo! It was named Wandering Ronin because Daimyo is known to wander around the underground lab (or so I know). Basically, you needed to go on a quest in search of the mysterious furry ronin and once you found him, you could get him as a pet when you turned in your quest. Daimyo would even have a little ronin costume.

Cool, I had feeling I might not be the only to submit a quest with Daimyo in it. I like your take on it, it sounds like a lot of fun to go chasing after some mysterious ronin to find out that it's Daimyo.

< Message edited by DaiTigris -- 5/4/2014 13:52:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 312
5/6/2014 7:50:01   
Saldrayne

Were the winners announced somewhere? Because I can't seem to find it, lol. Wanna see what I'm looking forward to.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 313
5/6/2014 9:00:57   
popinloopy

@Saldrayne
You can click this link to see the winners.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 314
5/6/2014 17:10:46   
Saldrayne

Oh cool! Thanks!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 315
5/6/2014 22:57:14   
Callender Parsley

@GenJuhru I'm going to have to disagree on you with that. Rather than tell stories we've already heard, AQW, imo, should focus on original storylines because there are lots of new players who probably wouldn't be able to relate to these characters, and I believe that taking a game's trademark story (i. e. The Devourer Saga from AQ, as you mentioned) would essentially be robing the game of its charm.

Off-topic... I actually WON something?! OMGOMGOMG *goes off into a corner and cries tears of happiness*
AQW  Post #: 316
5/7/2014 2:12:10   
GenJuhru

@Parsley, bro what i want is for the two AQ and AQW(unlike the other AE games like HeroSmash or EpicDuel which have separate stories and themes) to actually meet and not like live on an alternate Lore, the Devourer Saga is almost a decade ago and playing it on a different setting, like in AQW would be awesome and still be refreshing. Btw, this is the Off-Topic one, the thread is for the Design a Release contest xDDD. Anyways Congrats Bro!!!
AQW Epic  Post #: 317
5/7/2014 9:04:00   
Saldrayne

AQW explains that AQ, Dragonfable and Mechquest are all timelines that have already passed, during The Chronospan questline. Galanoth has slain the dragon of time or some such, and that event gave birth to the new Lore, as well as the Hero (every player).
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 318
5/7/2014 14:24:32   
Inkwolf

I'm not sure what you mean by the thread becoming self-congratulatory, Gregor.

But every creative contest is biased. This wasn't a math quiz, where there are right and wrong answers. It's not even a literary contest, where the quality of the writing was the primary criteria. What it boiled down to in the end was how much the judges wanted to put it in their game. Pretty subjective, but that's life.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 319
5/7/2014 19:39:42   
Alastair Q

quote:

13 Lords of Chaos is coming to a close so what's the next installment? Can we get back to the Elemental Lords, the war, like the original AQ and practically importing stories like from granemor's and the knights, drakels insurrection, paxia clans and ultimately the Devourer Saga. Those stories were good and would feel nostalgic for me.

Throwbacks like this would be great - hopefully, this would mean more fleshing out of the AQW world and the addition of more AQW lore throughout the areas - personally, I want AQW to develop its own areas, remaining distinct from the other games but containing the qualities which made them shine.
Nevertheless, visiting old (or new, if you follow the AQW timeline) areas would do wonders for the Map and the rest of the in-game world.
quote:

this thread has grown very self-congratulatory. remember that this "contest" was biased in ways that the judges would never admit to. i respectfully challenge them to defend their criteria in open forum.

This IS an open forum...

< Message edited by Alastair Q -- 5/7/2014 19:41:07 >
AQW  Post #: 320
5/7/2014 20:13:00   
salene

I do get what you are saying Gregor, but the winners do deserve some /cheers. They worked really hard, and their entries really were amazing. Also, the AQW team told us that everyone who entered deserved a big pat on the back. So I am sure you did great Gregor :D

-Salene
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 321
5/7/2014 20:24:52   
Inkwolf

They did discuss some of their criteria. It was called the contest rules. (It's at the beginning of this thread.)

I went and looked at your entry, and while it's clear that you put a ton of very hard work into it, you pretty much ignored almost all the rules. That may have been a big part of what held you back.

Just take a deep breath, let go, and hope for another contest like this so you can try again. (Or not. Suit yourself.)

< Message edited by Inkwolf -- 5/7/2014 20:27:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 322
5/7/2014 20:35:10   
  Melissa4Bella

First of all, great job to each player who participated in this contest and a HUGE congratulations to the winners! It's truly great to see so much evidence of community within the players of AE :)

Because of the wonderful community-driven fun and encouragement that can be found in this thread, we'd like to have it end on positive terms. So, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread now before that dwindles further than it has within the last two pages. This is not being done as a punishment.
Remember, you can join in on many more discussions about AQW in the AQWorlds General Discussion forum. Hope to see you there!

Thread locked!

*Edit to add:

Thank you to the players who tried to be helpful in explaining some things without reciprocating with bad behavior. You are the players who make this community great!

< Message edited by Melissa4Bella -- 5/7/2014 21:24:27 >
AQ DF  Post #: 323
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: Design your own AQW Release Contest!
Page 13 of 13«<910111213
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition