Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 146 - Read the first post!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 146 - Read the first post!
Page 29 of 31«<2728293031>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/2/2014 23:31:15   
elite dark slayer

@gorillo what 2 shadow characters? Am I missing something?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 701
6/2/2014 23:49:41   
Blackshock

I think he meant the new doomlord-esque characters in the DNs. Well anyway, finally gotten to start on doing lineart for Prime mana guardian but since I have two weeks of summer vacation left to savor, I might take this one easy and just do it part by part, whenever I feel like it, unless another contest pops up.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 702
6/2/2014 23:56:30   
elite dark slayer

What do you mean the doomlord-esque characters in the DNs? I checked. There's nothing new there.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 703
6/2/2014 23:59:26   
Gorillo Titan

The two character in red one is female the other is a male on the homepage in the square.

Whats your back story for that blackshock?

Is he like the first guardian or the one created to protect the head wizard or something maybe even the one whose controlling them since all now sice the wizards are all dead?
Post #: 704
6/2/2014 23:59:27   
DidYouKnowThat

It's under the "coming soon" part. Lol.
The Gravelyn's Warriors or whatever.

@gorilla: He already posted the backstory idea. lol
Should go check a few pages back or something.
page 26 to be exact.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/3/2014 0:00:31 >
Post #: 705
6/3/2014 0:00:55   
Blackshock

Quoting backstory

quote:

The backstory would be that it was one of the earlier prototypes which were integrated with an experimental mana-core that granted a near limitless supply that made them the ultimate mana powered weapons. The drawback to this was they when they were destroyed or when the mana cores overloaded, they released an energy outburst of tremendous power capable of clearing whole countrysides. Fearing such unstable power, the prime guardians were hidden away since their mana cores cannot be truly extinguished and there is no means of dismantling them without destroying the core. Future versions were produced with much scaled down properties and a much weaker core that relies on external sources to refill but safely diffuse upon distruction. These scaled down, mass produced variants are the guardians we know now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 706
6/3/2014 0:06:00   
elite dark slayer

OH.. the gravelyn defender thing? That's for AQW, sorry to burst your bubble
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 707
6/3/2014 0:06:47   
Gorillo Titan

So can it really be a rank up if its a completely different character?

@above Nulgath decided to bring it to OS also he releases stuff in both games most of the time.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/3/2014 0:08:26 >
Post #: 708
6/3/2014 0:09:47   
DidYouKnowThat

@Gorillo: The guardians, like guns/weapons and other technology, can be upgraded maybe?
Post #: 709
6/3/2014 0:12:26   
Gorillo Titan

The way he made it sound was the prime guardians came first and were to powerful to downgrade so they got sealed away then the regular mana guardians came. Wouldn't make since to upgrade them if they would be to dangerous and need to be locked away again if they are even able to have there power cores removed right?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/3/2014 0:13:19 >
Post #: 710
6/3/2014 0:12:33   
Blackshock

You could always say they found the place where the prime guardians were stored and used the existing technology to upgrade a sufficiently powered mass produced guardian but integrate the power failsafe.

Anyway as for the defenders, since they were stated to be coming soon in teh homepage, it's a good possibility.

< Message edited by blackshock -- 6/3/2014 0:13:18 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 711
6/3/2014 0:16:00   
Gorillo Titan

Wouldn't the one you make be weaker than the first prime guardians since they could blow up a country when they lose the fight?

I suggest you elaborate on who found it since the wizards are dead who would have the knowledge to do that maybe volt engineer but are the mana guardians magic or machines?
Post #: 712
6/3/2014 0:17:20   
DidYouKnowThat

It depends. You'll have to defeat them first, or not get destroyed and let their mana cores overload, or in other words, stall, if you can stay alive. But it'll be easier said than done.
Furthermore, the explosion can be a good thing. Suicide bomber, no?
Post #: 713
6/3/2014 0:22:01   
Blackshock

Mana guardians are magitek constructs. The original mages that constructed them disappeared but the ones who rediscovered them attempted to reverse engineer them. As for the whole volatile mana core, it's kinda analogous to nuclear technology. Near infinite power (could be represented by a deck with a lot of good charging cards and heavy hitting spells) but incredibly risky to use lore-wise. The downgraded versions are safer to use but have limited supply as a drawback. Think of the primes as the "super prototype" cliche.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 714
6/3/2014 0:24:47   
Gorillo Titan

Maybe Nulgath will include a prime guardian as a standalone character for a quest similar to how frost lion and kruegar are it'll be legendary with a very Powerful deck.
Post #: 715
6/3/2014 0:27:51   
DidYouKnowThat

Lel. I think the only ways to request a character would be:

A. Know the Dev.
B. Contest.

So far that's it, yeah?
Post #: 716
6/3/2014 0:32:39   
elite dark slayer

Maybe if you could somehow catch nulgath's attention then he might do it if its a good idea he feels is worthy to be in game
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 717
6/3/2014 0:33:49   
DidYouKnowThat

That's what contests are for.
Besides, he can't use forums.
Post #: 718
6/3/2014 0:34:36   
Gorillo Titan

I'm surprised Blackshock hasn't got a job for AE artist yet everyone else seems to get one from winning the OS art contest.

He'll most likely work on HS with a name like Blackshock though lol.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/3/2014 0:35:18 >
Post #: 719
6/3/2014 0:40:40   
DidYouKnowThat

Well I'm still wondering when the next contest will arrive. I think I'm ready for it. . . just got to know when. o_o
And will Eukara host it again. Hope so.

(edit) so close to page 30 again. lol.
Post #: 720
6/3/2014 0:42:14   
Gorillo Titan

you have 3 more months lol
Post #: 721
6/3/2014 0:44:21   
DidYouKnowThat

Eh. Though I think we should really get an update that for once isn't about Characters. Oversoul caught my eye due to PvP and strategize, not dress up with characters.
So that's one thing that sucks with these contests.
Post #: 722
6/3/2014 0:46:48   
Gorillo Titan

Took about 7 months to get combo bonus with warlic working by himeself and combo bonus seemed pretty simple to do.

With the bug forum gone we don't know if Warlic has done an update since then.

We have been 9.4. for a long time though.
Post #: 723
6/3/2014 0:58:08   
DidYouKnowThat

Eh. So you guys think Godzilla will be going perma-rare?
Post #: 724
6/3/2014 1:01:29   
Gorillo Titan

No idea ask a tester.
Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 146 - Read the first post!
Page 29 of 31«<2728293031>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition