Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Thread!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Thread!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/21/2014 21:29:05   
Skurge
The Dealer

Greetings and welcome to the Fifth Oversoul Forums Tournament!

So.. Water you doing you may ask? Well, you may want to grab your fish hooks and sea your way to the nearest Grotto to krill some monsters - in less cringe worthy words, it's Water!

Nasty puns aside, it is advised you read all the information below before deciding to post and participate!

We've taken in the feedback from the previous tournament and will try some different things this time around, and hopefully things will run smoother. The changes are:
-- Best out of five battles - Matches will be comprised out of five duals, not three. Yes, water elements tend to heal a lot, but at the same time, we want to remove any possibility of a lucky win. Only the strongest get to win!

GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES AND GUIDELINES

• PvP Double Elimination Tournament. Duel invitation only, so players will have to challenge each other via the "Duel" option for each fight, one after the other. The tournament will be identical to last time (double bracket). A double bracket consists of two different sections - an upper bracket and a lower bracket; when the tournament begins, everyone starts in the upper bracket. As the tournament progresses, those who lose will be automatically sent to the lower bracket and matches will continue there. If you lose in the lower bracket, you're officially out of the tournament as you've lost both matches. The final match will be between the winner of each bracket.
  • A match is a series of five duels with the same opponent. If you lose two matches, you are out of the tournament!
  • You must win the best out of five battles to defeat your opponent! The higher level player should allow the lower level player to go first; if you are both the same level, decide who gets to be the most courteous and allow their opponent the initiative! In the case of a tie (two wins each), continue dueling until someone wins two matches in a row. Alternate who goes first between matches.
  • Duelists must use only characters of the element the tournament's theme is. In this case, this means WATER. If your character is listed under "Water" in the Characters List in-game, it qualifies for this tournament!
  • No level restrictions. Duelists may use characters of any level. (Disclaimer: Tournament participation could mean facing off against a Level 20 opponent, so be prepared!).
  • No card customization restrictions. Duelists can use any CC cards they have at their disposal.

• Seven day period for players to sign up, starting from the time stamp shown in the first post of the sign-up thread.
  • For registration to be valid, players must make a post including their in-game name as well as their Timezone (roughly)! If you do not know which time zone you are in, a general geographic location would be helpful (e.g. Europe, Australia, Central US, Land of Purple Doom, etc.) Please do not post your actual address or zip code or even state! We only need to know enough for match-making, nothing else.
  • After the seven day sign-up period the thread will be locked and you will not be able sign up anymore.

• It is very resourceful to check the forums regularly when the tournament has begun. This will make it a lot easier for both your opponent as well as yourself when it comes to arranging duel times.
  • If you must drop out for whatever reason, please post your forfeiture in the tournament thread, AND also PM me ( Skurge) so they know to update the bracket and battles list!
  • To ensure that everyone has a fair chance, ArchKnights will PM you (via the Battleon Forums) to indicate that your match timer has begun.
  • When the tournament starts, players will be responsible for contacting each other (either through posts in the tournament thread or through PMs) to arrange duel times. Duels must be carried out within 48 hours of the challenges being given. Remember, no-shows = forfeiture!

• Please ensure you post the results of your duel in the tournament thread! Remember to be courteous in victory or in defeat. Post evidence of your match if you can. We all want to see! (Please read this guide if you don't know how to take a screenshot and upload it to a site).

• Once more, please remember that since this is a forum-based tournament, the winner will not be getting any recognition or perks in-game! Just bragging right on the forums; which is just as good, eh?
  • All =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and =OS= Oversoul General Discussion Forum Rules apply in the tournament forum threads.

Once again, this tournament's element is WATER. So get ready to splish, splash, and sploosh your way to victory! Sign up now!

[b]In Game Username:[/b]
    [b]Timezone:[/b]

< Message edited by James Lu -- 5/24/2014 23:30:06 >
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    5/21/2014 21:29:19   
    Skurge
    The Dealer

=OS FORUM TOURNAMENT HALL OF FAME=

ICE TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = Lord Beck
    Runner Up = DeathGuard

SHADOW TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = The Finnish Phoenix
    Runner Up = Lord Beck

FIRE TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = clintonian
    Runner Up = Axel459

EARTH TOURNAMENT
    1st Place = The Finnish Phoenix
    2nd Place = moroii

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    5/21/2014 21:37:31   
    DarkLore

IGN: DarkLore

I'm on California time. That means 3 hours before AE time.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
    5/21/2014 21:48:36   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

IGN: Axel
    TimeZone: Server Time

Prepare for the Wyverns, Fishers, and Sea demons
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
    5/21/2014 22:05:37   
    The Jop

In Game Username: The Jop
    Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

This should be fun, as always. I never miss the chance for some challenging duels even if I lose. Plus this gives me a reason to finish leveling my character up to 20.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    5/21/2014 22:54:58   
    Gorillo Titan

Gorillo Titan

Server time

Do I have to list the character I plan to use?
    Post #: 6
    5/21/2014 23:20:34   
    Axel459
    The Void Calls

No, you don't list the character you're using.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
    5/21/2014 23:22:43   
    Gorillo Titan

Cool, im not getting any level 20 waters for this though >.>
    Post #: 8
    5/22/2014 9:39:18   
    megakyle777

...Eh, may as well take part.

In Game Username:Megalyle777
    Timezone:UK. Would prefer for all matches VS me to be made at 11-12 AM UK time if possible. I should be on then. if not, we will work something out.
    DF  Post #: 9
    5/22/2014 9:51:42   
    clintonian

IGN: clinton. Timezone: server time
    Post #: 10
    5/22/2014 13:30:32   
    the warden

IGN: the warden
    Timezone: Mountain time zone
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
    5/22/2014 15:57:24   
    Deniz87

In Game Username: Deniz87
    Timezone: Europe-Italy Central European Time (UTC+01:00)

Post #: 12
    5/22/2014 23:46:53   
    Arthur
    How We Roll Winner
    Dec14

Hmm... I should like to participate. What do I have that's water-based?
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
    5/23/2014 14:03:53   
    Aatavw

In game name: Aata
    Timezone: Central Canada Time (-6)

Sounds like fun.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    5/23/2014 16:48:39   
    BJEBLE

IGN: bjeble
    Timezone: Alaska Daylight Time(-8)
    Got two characters planned for this one...
    DF  Post #: 15
    5/23/2014 18:11:37   
      Kiyone

In Game Username: Kiyone
    Timezone: EST

Lets have some fun!
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    5/23/2014 20:58:35   
    The Finnish Phoenix

In Game Username: Dylligraphy
    Timezone: EST

Have fun everyone!
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
    5/24/2014 18:13:03   
    Velixon

IGN: Velixon
    Timezone: GMT+8
    I hope we all get along
    Post #: 18
    5/24/2014 19:15:26   
    Ph3x

IGN: ph3x
    Time zone: UTC/GMT-03:00
    Post #: 19
    5/24/2014 19:34:52   
    NINJAAWESOMO

Game Username- .:Ninjaawesomo:.
    Time Zone- Server Time.

Question, What happens if a glitch occurs during the fight? For example if one player disconnects unintentionally. Will the round be counted or not?
    Post #: 20
    5/24/2014 19:39:15   
    clintonian

@ninja it won't count you just do the duel again
    Post #: 21
    5/24/2014 19:49:35   
    NINJAAWESOMO

I was worried about Aqueous, which for some reason, glitches constantly after charging energy.
    I take that back, I don't have the schedule for the tourney. I apologize for that. Don't add me to the brackets.

< Message edited by NINJAAWESOMO -- 5/24/2014 23:16:07 >
    Post #: 22
    5/25/2014 11:25:57   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

Water's probably my least used element, and my highest level for it is 6, I think.
    But sure I'll join!
    IGN: Funksaurus
    Timezone: server time
    Post #: 23
    5/26/2014 19:43:09   
    The Jop

I recommend CC Water Crash if you have it, otherwise the fights are going to be really grueling. Especially with Soul Wyvern's 4 shields.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
    5/26/2014 20:35:50   
    BJEBLE

@Jop Thank you for that, I just faced an AI Lepid and it would have dragged out A LOT longer without a few Water Crashes.
    DF  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Thread!
    Page 1 of 212>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition