Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/4/2014 0:46:11   
clintonian

Yo sorry brah had work and stuff to do.I can duel ya on Saturday as that's my day off

Join the PVP turn-based combat Battle Card MMO game Oversoul!
Epic
Post #: 376
7/4/2014 16:31:55   
Gorillo Titan

@Clint alright have to be before I got to work though.

How about for a contest a trainee and maiden tournament can use any form of the trainee and the maiden.
Post #: 377
7/4/2014 16:51:23   
The Finnish Phoenix

^Arcane Rangers/Tharrs everywhere, might as well just wait for the Neutral tourney.

Templar and Ice Matron are cool but I don't see them standing much of a chance. I like the idea of a tournament for each rank though. Who would win? I'mma write down some possible contenders for each element for rank tournaments.

Apprentices:

Neutral: Clan Archer, Clan Warrior, Orc Peon
Fire: Zardzirra
Ice: Ghypsophila, Jack, Rudolptheus
Lightning: Dwakel, Wolf
Earth: Earth Fairy, Earth Nomad, Hammer Nomad, Sword Nomad (Earth has rockin' Apprentices rofl)
Water: Revonthurkey
Light: Rainbowtheus
Shadow: Rev Egg, Skexis Fiend (if anyone has it lol)

Since their base decks are lacking CC's become a big factor here making card counts below 15 very valuable. Personally I'd go with Earth Fairy.

Veterans are a little more interesting:

Neutral: Engineer (Neutralize!), Muay Thai Icarius, Rex Grunt
Fire: Lizirra, Young Griffon
Ice: Cosoma, Frost Lion, Kruger
Lightning: Bill Hunter, Storm Squire
Earth: Earth Elemental
Water: Beta Pirate, Ogre Shaman, Weteye
Light: Bavaria, Maiden Aegea, Priest of Ver
Shadow: Poison Drake, Skexis

Some of the best Ice and Shadow characters take the stage here. I'd go with my trusty Skexis but Engineer and Kruger make me somewhat nervous.

Masters we start to really see some great characters whereas before we just had sprinkles:

Neutral: Arcane Ranger, Genesis Warrior, Shaolin Monk
Fire: Void Rebirth
Ice: Barbarian, Cosoma Titan, Frost Void
Lightning: Hex Void, Resonance, Volt Engineer
Earth: Minotaur, Rev
Water: Human Fisher, Soul Wyvern
Light: Gold Lycan, Princess Aegea
Shadow: Necrosis Dezgardo

For me it's Shaolin Monk but it's tough. Cosoma Titan, Void Rebirth, Soul Wyvern, and Volt Engineer are in my eyes the best characters their respective elements have to offer which makes Master as good a rank as any.

It's gonna be LEGENDARY:

Neutral: Dire Monk, Taro, Tharr
Fire: Evil Jim, Godzirra
Ice: Frost Queen, Xmas Elf
Lightning: Abyssal Priest, Time Gentleman
Earth: Tyrant Moose
Water: Year of the Horse
Light: Queen Aegea, Seraphim of Ver, Templar
Shadow: Abomination, Black Dragon, Nulgath's Shadow, Void Champion

My pick is Dire Monk here but the other Neutral Legendaries, Queen Aegea, and Tyrant Moose are also serious considerations. The other elements' best characters are in lower ranks so unless they get something new they won't make it in the big leagues.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/4/2014 18:30:00 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 378
7/4/2014 20:40:20   
BJEBLE

@TFP But Dwakel is so good, even if EF sets up some defence, Dwakel has a lot of pierce and would just rip through. Skexis over Poison Drake? I mean PD won the Shadow tourney, Skexis hasn't really been proven as much as PD has. No Lich in Master for Shadow, although Necrosis would have the edge in the head to head match up, Arch Lich is definitely still a contender. But Shaolin Monk over both Arcane Range, Void Rebirth, Minotaur and Cosoma Titan? No, that's just too much. I would understand if clinton is using his Monk(I've beat his monk like once out of 8 matches.) but Monk in general would be overwhelmed by the other offenses and better defenses. Void Rebirth is in a close race with PWM, Mana Guardian, Infernal Fiend, Love Weaver, as well as HHM.
This is my winners for each rank:
Apprentice: A tie between Dwakel, Rev Egg, and EF.
Veteran: Tie between PD, EE, and Kruger
Master(Probably my favorite rank.):Void Rebirth and Volty
Legendary: Frost Queen, DFR, Queen Aegea, Tyrant Moose, Dire Monk.
DF  Post #: 379
7/4/2014 23:44:19   
Gorillo Titan

Love machine for light master.

BEEN ON FOR 4 HOURS NOW.

Gonna have to go to work in an hour and I don't get off till 11 EST. So I could be on at the earilist 12AM tonight and im going to bush gardens all day tomorrow so >.>

We need to finish these duels today.

Clinton and I just dueled and it went

Me
Clinton
Me

So it was 4 - 2 if im correct. http://t.co/HqEjhlj66y

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/5/2014 14:46:13 >
Post #: 380
7/5/2014 20:27:40   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

@TFP But Dwakel is so good, even if EF sets up some defence, Dwakel has a lot of pierce and would just rip through.

Earth Fairy can rival even the best Lightning characters because they need to calibrate their hands to attack efficiently when Earth Fairy can just play its 150%+ efficiency cards as they come up. Its Pierces are all well and good but are only at all practical when the opponent's HP is made low enough in the first place, which Dwakel wouldn't be able to do to a level 20 EF without Dwakel's non-Pierce cards which Stone Wall would diminish. EF could also just out damage Dwakel with EarthQuakes/Mountain Strikes and ignore Stone Walls altogether with easy access to all its CC's thanks to its 12-card deck.

quote:

Skexis over Poison Drake? I mean PD won the Shadow tourney, Skexis hasn't really been proven as much as PD has.

Skexis never had the chance though because it wasn't available at the time. Both are favourites of mine and they're very similar, but there are small differences with Skexis being slightly more defensive (it has an extra Iron Hide and Defend whereas Poison Drake has an extra Poison and Empower). I like Skexis' defence because it means it can set up its Iron Hides that much more reliably than Poison Drake which has to CC an Iron Hide and doesn't have a Defend to stall with. Their differences are pretty negligible though and to say that either doesn't have a chance because of the other would be unfair given that either one could prevail if piloted well.

quote:

No Lich in Master for Shadow, although Necrosis would have the edge in the head to head match up, Arch Lich is definitely still a contender.

Frankly neither ArchLich or Necrosis stand a chance against Neutral Masters, but Necrosis is a better contender than ArchLich in general because it has two more DoTs. If I were to include ArchLich then I'd have to include everything as near to ArchLich's power as ArchLich is to Necrosis, which is more Shadow Masters than I'd care to name given that they auto-lose to Neutrals anyway.

quote:

But Shaolin Monk over both Arcane Range, Void Rebirth, Minotaur and Cosoma Titan? No, that's just too much.

Shaolin Monk is just my recommendation, you're free to use what you like. But if I were to pick, say, Void Rebirth, "But Void Rebirth over Arcane Ranger, Minotaur, Cosoma Titan, and Shaolin Monk" could just as easily be said as it could if I were to pick any of the characters you listed. Shaolin Monk has access to a better and more flexible range of CC's than characters of other elements which gives it a significant advantage.

quote:

but Monk in general would be overwhelmed by the other offenses and better defences.

I picked Monk precisely because nothing has a better defence. Iron Hide is an effective solution to DoT's and Ice Wall/Stone Wall aren't because they're less efficient and less compact than Corruption, which encompasses two Ice Walls/Stone Walls in one card. Eventually, the extra cards the Neutral player saves every time one Corruption is used vs. two Ice Walls/Stone Walls/Shatters/Poisons/Fire Whirls will start to add up with Neutralize providing the extra energy to use whatever those cards might be in a way that's appropriate given the situation.

It's between Monk and Arcane Ranger for me. My preference is Monk because I find the commitment required to accommodate Lightning's idiosyncrasies defeats its purpose as a second element that can be used alongside a primary element without making its own demands. Eventually the loss in cards and time isn't worth the investment. I could be wrong, but I've seen Arcane Rangers report defeats to pure Neutrals too consistently for me to put my faith in her. Storm is too easily blocked to justify Energize's cost and (Super)Charged would require a lapse in defence to calibrate which she can't afford against Corruption. She has too many ineffective DoT's that would fall prey to the Iron Hide that she has one fewer copy of than she needs.

quote:

Legendary: Frost Queen, DFR, Queen Aegea, Tyrant Moose, Dire Monk.

If DFR beats Dire Monk than something's gone horribly wrong. DFR is what players with neither money nor Void Champion have to settle for if they want a Shadow Legendary.

quote:

Love machine for light master.

It's like Gold Lycan without Penance. Kinda like how ArchPriest is Gold Lycan without muscles. Not that Gold Lycan matters anyway.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 381
7/6/2014 0:02:49   
Gorillo Titan

What are you talking about?
Post #: 382
7/6/2014 1:20:33   
The Finnish Phoenix

Congrats on your win GT, looks like you're up against Ph3x now.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 383
7/6/2014 2:48:54   
BJEBLE

@TFP I feel like a lot of them would depend on the skill of the player and the circumstances of the match(CC, initiative, ect.). So ultimately that's why I considered them because it would all be very interesting and with all tourneys we wouldn't know who would win just because they were using a certain character/element.
DF  Post #: 384
7/6/2014 16:59:17   
The Finnish Phoenix

I agree, all the ranks look like they'd make for interesting tournaments and it'd be cool if we had them after the elemental tourneys are through.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 385
7/8/2014 18:25:42   
Gorillo Titan

I can duel today :D

I can duel pretty much any day till the 17th going out of town then messaged my opponent a few days ago haven't received a reply yet though.

How about a orc vs ogres tournament?

People sign up and choose a side when they do.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/11/2014 0:27:51 >
Post #: 386
7/11/2014 11:20:13   
The Finnish Phoenix

^I can dig it.

Ph3x's last forum login was four days ago.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 387
7/12/2014 7:31:09   
Gorillo Titan

How about a starter tournament can only use the starter characters or a location tournament can only use the characters that spawn at that location?
Post #: 388
7/12/2014 11:12:54   
The Finnish Phoenix

A starter tournament would be dominated by Barbarian (all respect to Wolf, but Freeze after Energize is a death sentence). Spawn tournaments sound interesting depending on the location.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 389
7/12/2014 20:12:07   
Gorillo Titan

I've decided to quit playing this game for good once I go on vacation and with my luck ph3x will not log on even though I'm messaged as many AK as I possible could even the AK who leads the tournament hasn't logged on in several days. :(
Post #: 390
7/12/2014 20:36:43   
The Finnish Phoenix

Ugh, you too? Our active forumites were already in the single digits. I'm so lonesome I could cry.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 391
7/12/2014 20:38:43   
Gorillo Titan

Doesn't make sense even the AK aren't logging on and doing there jobs skurge hasn't been on since the 8th I messaged mrithra and didn't get a reply. It makes no sense ph3x should of been disqualified by now I messaged him days ago he even logged on the forum and he also did 23 pvp fights in one day we had a lot of time to meet up but yet nothing.

If the staff isn't going to care why should I?

This tournament started in March and it had less than 20 people take part in it and its still going on.

Are Ph3x and Ninja the same person?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/12/2014 20:48:19 >
Post #: 392
7/12/2014 21:38:43   
The Finnish Phoenix

We're two fights from being done, hang in there. Skurge is doing charity work, he's probably in some warmer climate but he's doing charity work here, respect that man. Plus, this is just some tournament, nothing to quit the game over. This is a perfect game by Nulgath here and it's on its last legs, you spent a lot of money right? Stick with your investments!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 393
7/12/2014 22:27:39   
Gorillo Titan

This tournament had no reason to go this long ninja took 8 days and ph3x is taking 8 days.

Also the fact ph3x ignored my message even though he logged on the forum today is very annoying I feel like real deal with the whole darklore sitution I only felt like doing one duel. lol >.>

I've messaged at least 2 AK about the whole ph3x and him not even checking in with the tournament to say whats what and the fact that mrithra said in game that people only had a 2 day limit to duel people before they would at least get warning of being disqualified is very annoying.

I finished my fights with Clinton on the 4 its now 7/12/2014 10:25 PM and I have yet to hear a single word.

Next tournament can we at least stick to the rules mainly the part only has so much time to duel before warning are given I worked 6 days a week and still found time to duel people when I got the chance and its summer now so people can't even blame school for not being able to play?

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/13/2014 13:39:09 >
Post #: 394
7/13/2014 11:27:22   
The Finnish Phoenix

Ph3x logged in yesterday. Not sure why he wouldn't have posted though. :\ Ph3x if you're reading this please post so you can either duel Gorillo or forfeit.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 395
7/13/2014 13:58:42   
  Kiyone

Hello! I'll be assisting Skurge with the remainder of the Oversoul Water Tournament. On to the issues at hand.

1. This tournament has gone on for too long and will make sure it officials ends before this week ends.

2. For the next fight Ph3x vs Gorilla Titan. Ph3x has till 7/15/14 at 1:30PMEST to contact me or Gorilla Titan and fight Gorilla Titan. Failure to do so and he will forfeit his position in the tournament and Gorilla Titan will auto advance to fight against Dylligraphy for the championship.

3. The Remaining participants will have reminder private message sent to notify of these changes and the tournament will be ending this week.

4. Our Apologies on allowing the tournament to go on too long and ignoring are two day to fight only rule. Sadly this is our fault. We wanted the tournament to be fair to all participants but given how their was unforeseen glitch that was effecting particpants fight results. Also time issues with the current tie breaker rule when particpants had ties. We became laxed on enforcing this rule to be fair to you guys. Because of this we made the situation worst and thus the tournament dragged on. To correct this I'm going to be enforcing this rule for the remainder of the tournament. Also we will be addressing these two issues with the next tournament. Where will have better rules to handle those scenarios.

Thank ya all for your time and will make sure to have everything ready and properly handle for the next tournament.

< Message edited by Kiyone -- 7/13/2014 14:12:33 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 396
7/13/2014 14:10:11   
The Finnish Phoenix

Thank you Kiyone for saving this tournament and reassuring the people. :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 397
7/13/2014 17:38:31   
Skurge
The Dealer

Edited first post to redirect all issues/updates to Kiyone. Due to some real life issues, I won't be able to login or update the brackets any longer. Good luck!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 398
7/13/2014 18:28:45   
The Finnish Phoenix

Understood Skurge. You've done marvelously and did great work here to make this event possible in spite of myriad complications. With luck, we'll still have enough of a player base for similar events in the future!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 399
7/14/2014 14:29:37   
Gorillo Titan

Thanks Kiyone for moving this along.

Started dueling phoenix
1st - phoenix
2nd - phoenix
3rd - me https://twitter.com/Gorillo1/status/489120226483900416/photo/1
4th - glitch https://twitter.com/Gorillo1/status/489121007522041856/photo/1
5th - glitch http://t.co/ccaltpfRod
Screenshots will be uploaded in a second

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/15/2014 14:58:02 >
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 15 [16] 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Fifth PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 16 of 17«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition