Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Here's How We Roll Round 2 poll

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: Here's How We Roll Round 2 poll
Page 2 of 2<12

Here's How We Roll Round 2 poll

New Scrolls
  0% (0)
See the Stars
  7% (4)
Whispers
  23% (13)
Pro Patria Mori
  50% (28)
Warrior Poetess
  18% (10)

Total Votes : 55

(last vote on : 6/10/2014 3:49:17)
(Poll ended: 6/14/2014 20:41:00)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/5/2014 1:41:27   
Kian
Creative!

@Faerdin

Indeed! Owen (along with John McCrae) is one of my favourite war poets of all time. I'm glad you noticed that I took the last part of the last phrase of "Dulce et decorum est" as my title! (although the original quote dates back from Horace, which, in turn, inspired Owen as I'm sure you're well aware of). Oh, and I'm glad my poem was appreciated!

< Message edited by Kian -- 6/5/2014 7:12:42 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 26
6/5/2014 2:55:00   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Arthur: "Well, if everybody's voted for everybody else, then who in the name of the Creator are these 11 people who've voted for Whispers...?? 

*appears utterly confused*"

Wwwac waccc waaaaccc = Make that twelve.

This was the story I felt deemed worthy of my vote. Each was a fun read so well done everyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/5/2014 3:06:50   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

It's.... it's... Stephen Nix and his bag of Trix.

I still don't get who these 11 people are. *Derp*

< Message edited by Arthur -- 6/5/2014 3:07:40 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
6/5/2014 9:20:02   
Kian
Creative!

12 people with a good taste for good fanfic.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
6/5/2014 9:37:21   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

quote:

12 people with a good taste for good fanfic.

Lol exactly.^.^
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
6/5/2014 18:44:46   
TimeKiller

iVoted for teh whispers. Make it 13

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/5/2014 21:00:31   
salene

Contests are usually so stressful, but this one really isn't. Funny :)
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 32
6/6/2014 11:27:19   
Crystal Sunshyne

Yay criticism :D

Yes, Crystal was accepted at the Institute InVerse too quickly, and even if I pretend that her extra resilience is a feature of her goddesshood she should still realistically struggle a little longer with her fears before finding her confidence again. If there is another version of Warrior Poetess someday without the constraints of word length and relevance to specific story elements that is definitely one of the things I would change. :)

I also respect Pro Patria Mori's inspiration from other war poets; it adds another level of depth to the writing. A creative writing professor whom I loathe, respect and admire told me that I need to read more and have my writing reflect the wealth of written work in the world that I aspire to add to; writing, he said, is a conversation that takes place across time and space, and as with any conversation each contribution is greatly improved if it displays an understanding of what has previously been said. Although I wasted an unnecessary amount of time and emotional energy feeling that he unjustly misjudged the amount that I read (and fearfully questioning myself whether he hadn't) I have to admit that I do tend to write from my own little not-quite-reality where I dwell, and there always remains an unending amount of literature worth reading that I have not yet experienced. So the ability to contribute meaningfully to the conversation of written work, in this case war poetry, is another feature of Pro Patria Mori that I respect and have trouble with myself.

Similarly, although in a different manner and in some ways more so, fanfiction also shows an appreciation for previous creative endeavours and an ability to artistically reinterpret the works of others.

I usually tend not to enter contests, but I agree that this one is not as stressful as I might have feared :) It is, however, slightly too engrossing, and as I have a lot of work to do this coming week I shall have to banish myself to reality (or, at least, my not-quite-reality).

May the remainder of the poll's duration be enjoyable and filled with luck for all of you :)
Post #: 33
6/6/2014 15:18:38   
Kian
Creative!

Thank you, Crystal. War poetry is simply amazing due to the raw emotions and harsh images that I can visualize immediately by reading them. If you'd like, I could suggest some of my favourite war poems? Or any other poetry :P My favourite modern-time poem is this, by the way. Amazing.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 34
6/6/2014 16:49:45   
Crystal Sunshyne

Ok so my banishment to almost-reality did not quite succeed for long due to the tediousness of math, but I am glad it failed because, wow. Speechless. Thanks for sharing.
Post #: 35
6/7/2014 8:11:09   
Kian
Creative!

You're welcome. Good luck with studying!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 36
6/9/2014 14:11:39   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I have a question. There are 5 more days left to vote. Voting seems to be slowing down. Do you want the poll to continue out to the final day, or do you want it to be called on account of voting sluggishness? If you want it called, do you want it called today, in 2 days?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/10/2014 1:24:00   
Kian
Creative!

Don't want to sound rude in any way, but I'd like to have it called as soon as possible. I can't always go online to check how many people have voted so far and if I do the vote count stays pretty much the same. It's keeping me off my exams as well, like Cryssie.. So yeah for me the quicker the better.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 38
6/10/2014 2:21:03   
UnderSoul

This was an insanely difficult decision, I read and reread them several times, but I have made my choice.

Kian, your poem on war was epic. Not in the modern sense, but as in it truly feels like an epic. I've written speeches for events, and some for AE wars, but I lack the words to express just how great it was.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/10/2014 3:43:37   
Kian
Creative!

That's fantastic to read! Thank you, UnderSoul!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
6/10/2014 3:46:42   
UnderSoul

Hey, you deserved more, but I'm too tired for that, and not nearly verbose enough.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/10/2014 3:49:28   
Kian
Creative!

I deserve nothing more than somebody who genuinely read and appreciated my work.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 42
6/10/2014 5:17:17   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

I think we should give it 24 hours more. Just enough time to fully ensure the 2nd and 3rd positions.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
6/10/2014 5:46:25   
Kian
Creative!

^ Sounds good to me, too. Good point.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 44
6/10/2014 16:49:24   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

These entries where very well written, I had to take a week alone to decide on who I would vote for. Can't wait to see what everyone else might put out for the next upcoming round.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
6/11/2014 7:10:46   
Kian
Creative!

Thank you!
I really hope you participate again as a visual artist. I liked your weird but beautiful entry and I'd hope to see more of that
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
6/13/2014 11:50:20   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Alrighty, going to call this and declare Kian winner! Towards the end, Crystal gave Arthur a run for his money. Congrats and see ya next round!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: Here's How We Roll Round 2 poll
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition