Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 13 of 23«<1112131415>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/19/2014 0:36:06   
Nulgath

Sorry for the delay, I keep getting swept up in too many tasks that time flies by and all of a sudden it's been weeks. I really appreciate all of you volunteering your help. It means a lot!

I will try to answer your questions as broadly as I can. After reading your replies I realized I don't think I stated clearly enough the state of Oversoul. Oversoul has no programmers anymore. The cost to put them on OS is not productive to the company. Even down to simply releasing content that I've already finished for the week is a hurdle. Many times I have a release ready but the coders are too swamped with other projects to be able to push it to live servers. It takes a lot of time. Their focus needs to be on projects that generate income which I'm sad to say isn't OS anymore.

I did get a message from a veteran programmer who volunteered to help with OS and I brought this to the attention of AE. Unfortunately, there's no time for AE coders to train him to work on the servers or OS game currently. All AE coders are stacked to the gills with top priority projects that are essential to the AE company as a whole.

Another nugget of info I've been cleared to tell you is that me and Artix himself have started a small mobile project together. As far as I know, you're the first people to know about this. But Artix has been itching to build a personal game he's had in mind for a long while now. Running a company has kept him from doing that so he came to me with his idea and we've already started on it.

There's still hope for OS though I think, We discussed ways to keep the OS community satisfied last Monday over the phone. One idea was finding a way to give the OS community the ability to build their own art over existing animations and have them loaded into the game for free. Community generated content. Of course this would be on a smaller scale as it would only be with characters. How to coordinate this is the bigger question. Most likely a small group of volunteers would have to coordinate all of this and ultimately I'd be the one who would make sure the files we're in working condition before uploading them to the live servers. But this would allow you the OS community to put your own designs into the OS game. You'd have to be able to build your art in Flash though.

What do you guys think of this idea? Do you have other ideas to keep OS ticking?

-Nulgath
Post #: 301
6/19/2014 0:40:32   
NINJAAWESOMO

Having our own art? That sounds really new... Not everyone has the skill to do it either.
Too bad this had to happen, I was really looking forward to 2v2 PvPs
Post #: 302
6/19/2014 0:45:05   
megakyle777

quote:

There's still hope for OS though I think, We discussed ways to keep the OS community satisfied last Monday over the phone. One idea was finding a way to give the OS community the ability to build their own art over existing animations and have them loaded into the game for free. Community generated content. Of course this would be on a smaller scale as it would only be with characters. How to coordinate this is the bigger question. Most likely a small group of volunteers would have to coordinate all of this and ultimately I'd be the one who would make sure the files we're in working condition before uploading them to the live servers. But this would allow you the OS community to put your own designs into the OS game. You'd have to be able to build your art in Flash though.

quote:

What do you guys think of this idea? Do you have other ideas to keep OS ticking?

If OS is not going to be updated in major content, and if you want us to make community created content, I would say let us go the whole way. Give those of us who can code access to the OS code, get one person to moniter and approve any changes to the code before going live to prevent hacks, since someone taking five minutes in a week making sure the game won't break or get hacked is probably doable, and just press the update button.

I know there is a lot of risk to such a plan, but here's the thing. We want OS to have major updates. If you can't do that, I understand. Bu in that case, allow US to make the updates you wanted. Give us a list of what YOU wanted in game, and allow those who can code to do it and improve on it. Let us make the game this should have been.

If you want OS to live with player created content, let us make it truly THRIVE rather then just characters.

Let us make the game you wanted.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 6/19/2014 0:51:58 >
DF  Post #: 303
6/19/2014 0:58:42   
Megadragonknight

If its card deck, leave it to me. I can construct every characters' deck and try to make it unique and strong in their own way. I can also help in story. For the art in Flash, I had some experience in it although I need Flash in my desktop which I can't even install for some reason. I can try out with Flash and design some characters that I always wanted in OS although I need to find a way to install Flash successfully.
Post #: 304
6/19/2014 1:06:53   
megakyle777

Like I said, if you want us to help OS, allow us to help OS in it's entirety. Here's what I suggest:

Step 1: Make a sort of offline or off server or whatever (I have no idea how coding works, just paste a version of OS to use that's offline) version of OS for us to mess with the code with. I know this should be possible since the staff of other games have offline versions to test code before it goes live.

Step 2: You post a list of what you wanted in game.

Step 3: Coders from the forums work on one of those projects on said offline version. When done they send it to you guys.

Step 4: You get a coder to spare some time looking for malicious code or possible errors. If any are spotted, send it back or don't accept anything from them depending on how serious it is.

Step 5: if it works and there is no bad, upload it to the game.

I know there are a lot of risks with such a plan. But if you want us to release updates to OS, and AE has no plans to sponser OS, let us go full on. Let us make Chaos element or new cards or story aspects.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 6/19/2014 1:11:41 >
DF  Post #: 305
6/19/2014 6:32:23   
Gorillo Titan

We already have 12 pages of ideas just look at that and the what you would like to see forum.
Post #: 306
6/19/2014 9:53:36   
clintonian

Jesus why did this have to happen to Oversoul
Post #: 307
6/19/2014 11:23:47   
The Finnish Phoenix

How do HeroSmash and WarpForce have programmers if OS doesn't?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 308
6/19/2014 11:37:23   
Gorillo Titan

HS is pretty much AQW in chibi form so if you can program AQW you can program HS while OS on the other hand is a lot more complex figuring out how the cards work by itself is a completely new thing.

Nulgath pretty much took all the blame when he said they put the game out to early they should of waited till it was stable stress and alpha tested only last like a few weeks then 5 months later they lost rolith if anything this game was been setup to fail they just waited till no one cared anymore to say anything.
Post #: 309
6/19/2014 12:02:09   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

All AE coders are stacked to the gills with top priority projects that are essential to the AE company as a whole.

When these top priority essential projects are over can they come back? ;_;
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 310
6/19/2014 12:33:45   
Gorillo Titan

That means we have to wait for AQW war to end the AQW mobile game the bladehaven game and the other game they just started working on to all end then the delays the horrible delays HS was delayed by about 5 months alone.
Post #: 311
6/19/2014 14:34:18   
the warden

Wondering what these projects are, AQ3D was canceled I thought, so isnt it just the Bladehaven thing?
Why isnt Oversoul a priority? Its been stuck for 6 months with just character releases?
Not like AQW needs more coders...

< Message edited by the warden -- 6/19/2014 14:54:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 312
6/19/2014 14:38:35   
Gorillo Titan

AQ3D is being reworked.
Post #: 313
6/19/2014 16:00:26   
DidYouKnowThat

- Sorry, but my "Quote" button for Forums is broken. Looks like I'll have to copy and paste.-

" Oversoul has no programmers anymore. The cost to put them on OS is not productive to the company. Even down to simply releasing content that I've already finished for the week is a hurdle. Many times I have a release ready but the coders are too swamped with other projects to be able to push it to live servers. It takes a lot of time. Their focus needs to be on projects that generate income which I'm sad to say isn't OS anymore."

Alright, eh. So AE doesn't want to put programmers onto Oversoul, because the releases wouldn't generate any "income." Now, the releases that were ready, were made by you.
So by using this piece of information, I can imply that the "releases" are releases that only contain characters, since you're a Designer/Animator, correct?
Well, I think, of course these releases wouldn't generate much income, because Oversoul's gameplay itself still doesn't entice as many. So, instead of putting programmers
to work on Characters, why don't they want to put programmers to work on Gameplay features? :/ That would generate bigger income, given already the number of characters we have.
Not to mention it'd attract a bigger player-base, along with further advertisement in which Artix can tweet "Go check out Oversoul's new feature!" or something, giving new, real hope to
Oversoul, no?

And, Artix wants to start yet another game. . ? Eh. Why can't he finish Oversoul first, then move on to other games? Starting too many projects in which you can't finish
really isn't good. . . you'll just let a lot of people down. :/
It's like moving a new Walmart into a bunch of small family businesses. LOL. You'll just kill off the smaller, still growing games.

This hope you're talking about. So I guess Oversoul's moving to a game about characters/art now? I thought it was supposed to be about strategy and whatnot.
Guess I was wrong? That. . .sucks.

@Warden: So I guess we have AQW Finale, Project Omni (every game on mobile), Bladehaven, AQ3D, and Artix's new game he wants to make.
So we have to wait until AQW is finished (And according to Cysero I believe, there is still a ton to come after Chaos has ended), and we have to wait
until every game becomes Mobile, and we have to wait until development on Bladehaven I guess, and we have to wait for development for AQ3D,
AND we have to wait until Artix gets a start-up on his whole, new game, until we even have a CHANCE to get Oversoul worked on, or given attention since
apparently the coders have to be taught on how Oversoul works, given nothing else comes into play in that span of time, which I highly doubt.

Not to mention Nulgath would also have to work on his "side-projects." Well, I'm done. Oversoul's a game with a tight community about art then? :P
Also known as, DEAD. Only a small world inside, (forum) with nothing much outside. . . K. . . . .

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/19/2014 16:15:11 >
Post #: 314
6/19/2014 17:38:56   
the warden

Dykt: there is an app that lets us play flash games on phones, its called puffin free and i dont see why they need to put the games on phones...
And I swear AQ3D was pretty much dead becouse of the Unity player thing but idk
this just makes me angry that they wont get people to help the game...

< Message edited by the warden -- 6/19/2014 17:40:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 315
6/19/2014 17:50:11   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

AQ3D has been shelved. Cysero said so himself on Facebook 7 days ago. Clicky.

Edit: Yeah, for the reasons the warden said. I was too slow on the post lol.

< Message edited by Sparhawk -- 6/19/2014 17:51:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 316
6/19/2014 17:51:44   
DidYouKnowThat

@Warden: Well I guess they want to put it on phones since it'll let people play it in places more than just a laptop or a desktop. The games will become more versatile I guess.
And thus, more people will play it, and spend $$$ on it.
AQ3D was stopped I think because Unity stopped supporting Flash or something of that sort. . .
Yeah, sucks how they just gave up on Oversoul like that. Didn't even finish it.

(edit) Hmm. So if Oversoul is dead then, it basically answers the questions of when/if we will get any gameplay features and storyline releases then, doesn't it?
No more gameplay features, no more Storyline.
Just repetitive character releases?

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/19/2014 17:55:08 >
Post #: 317
6/19/2014 17:59:45   
Lord Noonien Soong

@warden: don't forget the photon browser
DF  Post #: 318
6/19/2014 20:13:01   
DidYouKnowThat

So these ideas you want us to help give you.
These ideas. . .I'm assuming these ideas we give cannot involve any AE Coders/Programmers, nor you?
Because you'd be too busy with your "side projects," and other things like AQW Finale, and Artix's Game.

That's pretty tough. So basically 0% chance of Oversoul getting any of the coders/programmers back?
None? Nada? 0? 'Cause a game like Oversoul got potential, it just never got finishes. The only gameplay features it got
were what, CC's and Combo bonuses. . . .that's it. . . . . .

No character switching, no pets, no artifacts, no Elemental weaknesses, no Stats, no storyline, it didn't even get its Chaos Element.

'Cause I'd really, really hate for this game to be just about characters. . . . . after all, Card combinations will only go so far. Later you'll just
have skins, not real characters. . . .

Not sure about anyone else, but I don't really want characters anymore. Lol.
Though it seems most of the community is OK with characters. Think I should've left with the rest of the population.

Another question, why couldn't you tell us this earlier? o_o
I know it's basically my fault for not trusting my gut that Oversoul was dead and actually staying, but I feel like I've wasted all my time, especially without any XP Boosts, and thinking up of a bunch of character backstories. Got my 1st XP Boost after buying 1st Upholder. . . .which means
absolutely nothing now since OS ain't living.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 6/19/2014 20:14:35 >
Post #: 319
6/19/2014 20:54:04   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

quote:

Whoa. Too bad I don't know flash though *facepalm*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 320
6/19/2014 20:57:13   
Sparhawk
AQW Game Moderator

@DidYouKnowThat: I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Regarding why anything couldn't be said eariler? Easy. NDA. It's a tough mistress.

So where does that leave us? Continue on as a community as long as it's up or move on. Seems like that's the hand that has been dealt. Ironically.

You were perfectly clear.

< Message edited by Sparhawk -- 6/19/2014 21:03:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 321
6/19/2014 21:01:05   
DidYouKnowThat

Looks like I wasn't clear enough.
Why let OS Community know about it NOW, not before?
I know because of NDA Contract, but why? Get it? e.e

My theory as I said before WAS that AE was a business, blah blah blah,
and thus wanted every single $$$ it could make. . . .thus was also why I said "At least have some morals."

Lel. I know it's weird, but still something to think about.
Even if you think it's silly, I think it'd be interesting to see an answer to a question like that.

Though then again it can violate NDA Policy, thus Nulgath can't answer it. . .

But all in all, an answer just like "Oh, it's because NDA" doesn't quite fit the lock. Get what I mean? I'm sure you do by now.

Not your job to make judgment calls on other people's posts. Be concerned with yours and leave everyone else's to those with the responsibility to address problem posts. ~Eukara Vox

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 6/19/2014 21:47:11 >
Post #: 322
6/19/2014 21:35:32   
Blackshock

Well, rules are rules after all. You don't just break a contract. If anything, perhaps the only reason the NDA was broken now was because the game's gotten to such a bad situation and that they were holding the issues in because they thought it was possibly to still patch things up.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 323
6/19/2014 21:40:36   
DidYouKnowThat

That's the thing. Still "patch" things up, without any coders? In what world?
Though the NDA wasn't "broken" in any way I think, with Nulgath's recent post. It was most likely allowed
due to high requesting of the state of Oversoul, I do believe. . . .

I'm pretty sure AE's decision of not taking the time to teach the Veteran Coder who volunteered to help with Oversoul
sheds light on the fact that AE will have no plans on helping Oversoul anymore. So AE did throw Oversoul under the rug then. Dang. :P

Well thanks for the answer Blackshock. Much better than just a ./facepalm. Appreciate it man.

Post #: 324
6/19/2014 21:40:37   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Any chance we could get some verification stuff similar to AQW? We could have a Dragonlord for DF, Guardian for AQ, and Mecha character for MQ?

EDIT: Now that I think about this would require a good amount of coding, never mind.

< Message edited by Axel459 -- 6/19/2014 21:43:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 13 of 23«<1112131415>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition