Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 2 of 23«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/4/2014 3:47:07   
megakyle777

Let's concentrate on how we can help OS and give ideas to do that shall we? Ours is not to say what ideas are good and bad, that's the Archfiend's job, but to suggest whatever we can to help. No idea that even has the Potential to save OS is bad.
DF  Post #: 26
6/4/2014 3:49:36   
Gorillo Titan

We still have Warlic as are coder.
Post #: 27
6/4/2014 3:52:08   
elite dark slayer

But warlic and the other guys... well....omni
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
6/4/2014 3:52:10   
megakyle777

How about a OVERSOUL Design A Release Contest? AQW had one and it had a TON of entires. And before anyone says that there are no coders to make it, I'm sure they could borrow a few for one week to make the winner's release. It would make some cool content ideas, and get people interested in OS. Add a Grand Tournament alongside that, and players will shoot right up
DF  Post #: 29
6/4/2014 3:53:34   
elite dark slayer

I think you are forgetting for oversoul you cannot simply borrow a coder. The coding would be different from what they would be used to
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
6/4/2014 3:54:20   
megakyle777

I know. I'm just suggesting any idea that comes to head, be it good or bad. ONE of them has got to be gold.
DF  Post #: 31
6/4/2014 3:54:36   
Gorillo Titan

OS has a completely different style of coding we would need a Coder from another game with the patience to learn something they would only use once.
Post #: 32
6/4/2014 3:54:47   
Lemonus

Warlic's also busy as Milt stated.

Maybe implement some sort of PvP balance system? You know like, scaling each other's levels so they have the same amount of HP. I've seen people leave because they "had to level up a crapton" to experience decent PvP since everyone either uses a character that's between 14-17 or 20. And like what shocks said, better PvP rewards. A large amount of AE's playerbase focus on PvP as seen on AQW so adding better PvP rewards and mechanics may attract more followers for the Archfriend.

Design A Release would put stress on the team IMO. And I think the Character suggestion contests are already kind of like the Design A Release. But if such a contest turns out to be a success, the AE devs just might turn their attentions to OS and help it develop.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 6/4/2014 3:58:08 >
DF AQW  Post #: 33
6/4/2014 3:56:34   
BJEBLE

One coder for multiple gameplay updates in a multiplayer game? That would never work, multiple coders are needed if we want the game to start up again. But Warlic will still do most of the work because he's really good at coding.
DF  Post #: 34
6/4/2014 3:57:16   
elite dark slayer

How about getting the chance to "possess" the other duelers character if you win?
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
6/4/2014 3:58:07   
The Jop

The problem is that they need programmers to make any major change, and Oversoul has no full time programmers. It's really disheartening to see Nulgath himself give up on Oversoul. Maybe Nulgath could talk to Artix and explain why Oversoul is in its current state and what kind of staff support it needs to get out of it. I think Artix would be concerned with the state of one of AE's games, especially since it's the personal project of one of his staff members. I think it's worth a try; he's a reasonable man from what I've seen, except with windows and undead.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/4/2014 3:59:25   
megakyle777

Elite: i like that idea, but the issue arises of Rare and promo chars.

The Jop: We are just throwing out random ideas to support OS. You got any good ones? Any idea here is good at this point.
DF  Post #: 37
6/4/2014 4:00:55   
Gorillo Titan

@Elite that would make perma rare hold no meaning.
Post #: 38
6/4/2014 4:01:16   
BJEBLE

@elite I would rather not give up one of mains because someone beat me in PvP.
DF  Post #: 39
6/4/2014 4:01:58   
elite dark slayer

@thejop Come on the window was an accident. Didn't you see his face?
@BJEBLE not like that. Like you get a smaller than usual chance to get the kind of character the other dude uses. Like, time gentleman appearance small.

< Message edited by elite dark slayer -- 6/4/2014 4:03:49 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 40
6/4/2014 4:03:03   
The Jop

@megakyle
Nulgath didn't ask for ideas, he just explained why Oversoul is the way it is. The game has so little staff support that it needs less gameplay updates, not more. It should finish what Nulgath had planned before adding another dozen ideas the playerbase has come up with it. There's a reason only characters are being releases: because that's all that can be done with part-time work on the game from Nulgath and Warlic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/4/2014 4:04:14   
Lemonus

@BJEB
I don't think (s) he meant you can actually steal from someone.

This is one of the reasons I want to learn coding... to be part of something.
DF AQW  Post #: 42
6/4/2014 4:05:05   
megakyle777

The Jop: I don't mean gameplay ideas. I mean ideas to get support and players for OS.
DF  Post #: 43
6/4/2014 4:05:19   
Gorillo Titan

@above Now back to what I was saying I agree with the Jop and to accomplish all this stuff OS needs more players new features won't come unless we have more players its as simple as that.

You can't be a coder for AE unless you went to college for it.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 6/4/2014 4:06:43 >
Post #: 44
6/4/2014 4:09:27   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

As the concept is awesome ,Artix has to dedicate some extra funds and man power there so the problem can be fixed then I am sure it will run more smoothly.
More staff and volunteers.I am sure people are doing cartwheels to become a volunteer artist so make a DN asking for more Volunteers.I do not know how coding works but as AE is expanding it needs more coders .As AQW has lots of staff and its running smoothly we can send 1 to 2 people staff/volunteers here.I cannot see an AE game become obsolete.Come on,Artix is kind to his players and I am sure he knows how popular it is and will move a few thing here and there.
Post #: 45
6/4/2014 4:09:50   
The Jop

@megakyle
But they need programming for a lot of these ideas, and not a lot of programming can be done in a short amount of time with the current staff situation. Maybe Warlic and Rolith can work on things like stats, elemental resistances, chaos, and quests little by little and have a very, very large break from characters. It can't really hurt the playerbase at this point, and it will bring in a lot more players once it's complete.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/4/2014 4:12:38   
Warmonger DragonJax
Creative!

This should be priority.Make small releases for sometime and get enough people to fix the problem.Simple as that but I do not know how it will turn out !
Post #: 47
6/4/2014 4:15:35   
Gorillo Titan

Warlic and rolith would need time to teach someone else the OS codes but with them being so busy that wont be for a really long time.
Post #: 48
6/4/2014 4:20:58   
Lemonus

^About the prev posts, I didn't really say I was gonna instantly work for AE if I knew coding.

I think Milt should delay these character releases to mke way for much bigger releases...
DF AQW  Post #: 49
6/4/2014 4:28:00   
Gorillo Titan

That would lower the amount of people who would play like the dreaded 6 weeks of no releases plus its summer now the best time to get people to play is now.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 2 of 23«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition