Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 20 of 23«<1819202122>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/2/2014 19:25:12   
Gorillo Titan

the runes on the bottom mean nothing they use to represent alliance if I remember correctly last animal released was Lepid and I count Dwakel as something unqiue since it bring in the first aliens in game
Post #: 476
7/2/2014 19:31:35   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I mean like NORMAL animals. How often does an average suburban guy run into a giant worm in the forest? lol.

At least bring in a bear and a normal wolf and perhaps a bird.

Wait . . . then what exactly does the triangle thing under Arcane Ranger and Blood Ranger and the Void Incarnates and all mean?

I know that the oddly shaped design under Revontheus, Rev, and Bunnytheus mean it has something to do with Rev.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 477
7/2/2014 19:34:44   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The rune colors generally don't mean anything. They used to stand for rarity but I think that went out the window back with Augustiner's release.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 478
7/2/2014 19:36:48   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

I suppose that's true. I seem to remember Rev saying something about making the runes match the character rather than having to stand for anything. *sigh*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 479
7/2/2014 19:39:20   
Gorillo Titan

Some of the characters have Nulgath symbol under them.
Post #: 480
7/2/2014 21:11:24   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

The rune colors generally don't mean anything. They used to stand for rarity but I think that went out the window back with Augustiner's release.

Augustiner provided a whole new level of depth to their meaning. Blue means common, red means rare, yellow means ale, green means awesome, and white means terrible Revontheus characters that are obsolete or will be obsolete next bi-week.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 481
7/2/2014 21:22:04   
Gorillo Titan

So we've reached page 20 >.> and no major answers yet.

Aren't there red characters that cost sgs though?
Post #: 482
7/2/2014 22:11:17   
BJEBLE

@TFP But some Rev characters are pretty good. Rainbowtheus isn't amazing and it probably wouldn't do very well in the Light Tournament, but it's not as bad as a lot of Light characters.
DF  Post #: 483
7/2/2014 22:51:39   
The Finnish Phoenix

Rainbowtheus is pretty good. For an Apprentice.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 484
7/2/2014 23:04:22   
DidYouKnowThat

Starting to agree with Mondez on how these questions will never get answered. =.=
Post #: 485
7/2/2014 23:06:17   
The Finnish Phoenix

Then find something else to do! I find playing OverSoul more fun than contemplating its doom.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 486
7/2/2014 23:08:18   
DidYouKnowThat

I do. I just keep my eyes on this Q&A. Who says I play it anymore? Lol. Like I said, I don't actually consider this a strategy game anymore. :P
Post #: 487
7/2/2014 23:18:17   
The Finnish Phoenix

Just because we've been getting lacklustre decks lately doesn't mean all the strategy up and left. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 488
7/2/2014 23:18:54   
DidYouKnowThat

@Finnish: It's just opinion. Obviously our views differ.
Post #: 489
7/2/2014 23:21:46   
The Finnish Phoenix

Well how could it have been a strategy game before and not a strategy game now when all the characters from before are still here?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 490
7/2/2014 23:22:53   
Gorillo Titan

Whose ready for a new flying character?
Post #: 491
7/2/2014 23:23:40   
DidYouKnowThat

*cough* Characters. At first I considered it a strategy game because I was looking forward to what we were going to get.
Now that is a closed deal, I change my mind.

Like I said, it's based on opinions. Keep that in mind.

(edit) Re-read and thought maybe it wasn't clear enough. I was looking forward to future gameplay features.
Not the current ones we had now. For sure, back in Alpha test, I thought we would get'em. Whoops, lol.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 7/2/2014 23:24:35 >
Post #: 492
7/2/2014 23:26:09   
BJEBLE

@Gorillo I think a flying rat would be a fitting Master evo of Big Ben, don't ya think?
DF  Post #: 493
7/2/2014 23:42:50   
Gorillo Titan

That and a splinter rank up.

Nulgath needs a large 4 legged animal template.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/2/2014 23:46:13 >
Post #: 494
7/3/2014 0:43:25   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

*cough* Characters. At first I considered it a strategy game because I was looking forward to what we were going to get.

Chess has been waiting on that update for some time now. >_>

quote:

Like I said, it's based on opinions. Keep that in mind.

Except that it's not because OverSoul is as much a strategy game as it ever was right now, its future has no bearing on whether it is or isn't a strategy game. But I guess fatalism and logic never did mesh all that well.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 7/3/2014 0:44:35 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 495
7/3/2014 1:25:31   
DidYouKnowThat

@Finnish: Rofl. At first I thought you typed "Chaos."
Anyways, you seem to be mixing up feelings and opinions with .. .well what it is really.
I repeat again, it is by my own choice to view Oversoul as a game, that is not really belonging in strategy.
In reality, it is considered a strategy game. However, . . .that keyword I, and opinion. Keep that in mind, yet again. Lol.

(edit) Eh .. in conclusion, again, it's all opinionated and views.
For example, one might say, this game rocks.
The reality could be that the game is in horrible shape, but that really doesn't matter if it's what YOU think. Not what it is actually.

Of course the word "this" could be referring to any game. Heh. I'm not calling a specific one out or anything. Something to add in
case this was taken in an unintentional way. Heheh.

Kind of confusing eh? . . .Haha.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 7/3/2014 1:29:28 >
Post #: 496
7/3/2014 1:29:02   
Gorillo Titan

Man this game is starting to get crazy with the unnatural looking characters and lake of work on the animations even breaking characters and there rank ups into two different releases to make it seem like we are getting a lot of stuff

The main thing I was looking forward to was cutscene with all the characters we could use and specific quest that can only be done by a set type of character like only using an animal to do a quest for like an animal kingdom.

Its also quite annoying several long time players have started to tell new players to stop playing since the game is deadish.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 7/3/2014 1:30:53 >
Post #: 497
7/3/2014 1:44:16   
DidYouKnowThat

Again. I know that in reality, Oversoul is really falling into the category of a strategy game. However, it is just my choice to view it as a non-strategically based game.
Mostly because it has basically been confirmed that all we're getting is characters. . .and I do believe that a strategy game does not solely build around characters.
And if you've seen how I dug up that one thread, about Re-focusing and crap.

It's not like I'm pressing it as fact, haha. I'm not going around saying Oversoul is DEFINATELY not a strategy game. I tell you that that is only how I view it. Heh.
I think that's the big thing to notice before you start saying, "uhm ur s0 wrong m8."

@Gorillo: What, like the Griffon character? I wanted a Griffon character a long while ago. Though a 4th of July Theme for it? Unexpected. :P

(edit) Hmmm. Young Griffon. . . .Is this going to be like the Godzirra release. . . free apprentice/veteran, SG Master/Legendary. ..lol.
The keyword "young" makes me think it'll evolve. . .

(edit2) Well, getting late. I'm off.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 7/3/2014 1:58:59 >
Post #: 498
7/3/2014 8:49:55   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

Choosing to view something in contradiction of what it is because you have a negative opinion of that something is a logical fallacy. Opinions do not alter facts. Choosing to believe something knowingly in contradiction of actuality is to commit the cardinal sin of willful ignorance.

I must emphasize that while I do work for AE, that my responses herein are my own and they do not represent any official position by the company. I have neither the authority nor knowledge to speak for the company on these matters. I do however have some insights that I can offer.

That said, I think you have a fundamental misapprehension about how ArtixEntertainment functions.

Firstly, the largest proportion of our staff fit into one of two categories:

1. Unpaid volunteers
  2. Independent contractors who are paid a small stipend that is a very small percentage of minimum wage for the work they do.

As a rule NO staff person is told that they "must work" on a specific game, as telling them that would simply make them leave.

By and large staff work where they wish to. We cannot assign staff that are working on a game they are interested in to work on a game that they are not.

Secondly, the vast majority of our staff fit into the category of creative staff. Only a very small proportion are coders at all. Most are designers, artists, storytellers, community staff or some combination thereof.

Several of our coders are covered in the above categories as well. Also several are multitasked.

Considering myself for instance, I am a coder, I however only rarely code, even for the game on which I work. My main job is creative not coding. I love OverSoul but I have never so much as looked at its code. The learning curve for me to help at all would be very steep. I would love to help out but I doubt AE would want me to and whats more I doubt the community would want me to.

Even were AE to be willing to let me meddle with it it is questionable that I could given my responsibilities elsewhere. I am a storyline lead for AQ classic, which involves numerous other responsibilities, I fit into one of the above categories of individuals.

Hence, I have a full time job outside of AE, two autistic children to raise, and countless other real life concerns.

Of the coders who are full time employees of AE. By their very nature most have to be concerned with the development of new properties and not maintainers of existing content.

Like it or not, even with a model of constantly evolving games, AE cannot simply stop making new games to focus on improving existing ones. It has been said before and it must be said again that no company that produces games can do this and continue to profit, and as a game company AE must be profit making to continue producing any content at all.

Now as to the questions that are unanswered. The simple fact is that there are not really simple answers to the questions being posed.

No AE as a whole has not given up on OverSoul but AE's focus is very much on producing profitable games.

Further, while it has a definite body of fans, OverSoul does not quite have the body of committed volunteers that AQ Classic has, for example.

It is very likely that if AE were to pull all funding from AQ Classic altogether the game would continue development solely on the power of its volunteer team. OS does not have that luxury.

Post #: 499
7/3/2014 10:17:51   
megakyle777

You make fair points. Though I must say: if the only real way to get the games to heal is to get traffic, would it be possible to think of ways to GET that traffic? For example, while you are not a worker on OS, would it be possible to, say, do a deal where if you buy something in OS you get something in AQ?
DF  Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= The Progress of Oversoul
Page 20 of 23«<1819202122>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition